Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Andrew Luck had fallen to the 20s I don't think any franchise QB could be upset by their team taking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is it at all possible the big splash from New England is trading Brady to Houston for the number one pick? Would either side be dumb enough to make a trade like that?

Not the first overall, and not for Brady. EDIT: The only player in the league I'd consider trading #1 overall for is Luck or maybe Foles.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 4, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

bhsman posted:

Not the first overall, and not for Brady. EDIT: The only player in the league I'd consider trading #1 overall for is Luck or maybe Foles.

lmao, you'd go Foles over Rodgers? Rodgers has at least 7 good seasons left in him so I'd trade an overall #1 and a 1st rounder next year for him in a half a heartbeat.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A Pale Horse posted:

lmao, you'd go Foles over Rodgers? Rodgers has at least 7 good seasons left in him so I'd trade an overall #1 and a 1st rounder next year for him in a half a heartbeat.

:lol: I legit forgot about Rodgers. Basically any young-ish QB with potential since I don't like any of the draftable guys at 1-1 this year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't think Aaron Rodgers is going to stick around for 7 more seasons.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I've watched alot of SEC games over the past few weeks, so barring inter-SEC games, what are some of the more entertaining college games to watch from this past year with prospects in them?

I think the only non-SEC game I've watched is Oregon v Oregon state and South Carolina (clowney) v Wisconsin (Borland).

Could anyone recommend some non-SEC, prospect heavy, entertaining college games?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't think Aaron Rodgers is going to stick around for 7 more seasons.

I guess it depends on how healthy he can stay but most high level quarterbacks can continue to be productive until they're 36-38. Aaron is only 30. Its possible he won't make it, but If I had to bet I'd bet he will make it another 7 seasons.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I hosed NUMBERS UP, HOLD ON

He's signed through 2019 which will put him at 35, I can see him retiring to a life of making music or whatever the gently caress and not ending up a broken old man like Brett Favre.

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 4, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@RapSheet 1m
Chronic scaphoid fracture RT @JeneBramel: Source confirmed what @RapSheet reported: Tre Mason has fractured scaphoid, had not fully healed

RIP Tre, you looked so good :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I hosed NUMBERS UP, HOLD ON

He's signed through 2019 which will put him at 35, I can see him retiring to a life of making music or whatever the gently caress and not ending up a broken old man like Brett Favre.

I can see his deal getting restructured in like 2016.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Maybe I'm just a dumb homer but if you wouldn't trade the first overall (+some other poo poo I'm sure as well) for Kapernick then you're pretty stupid. To say nothing of that Cam guy, he's no Nick Foles, but he might be worth something some day.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

bhsman posted:

There's a bunch of players I'd trade the #1 overall pick for. Cam, Megatron, AJ Green, Joe Thomas, Watt...

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is it at all possible the big splash from New England is trading Brady to Houston for the number one pick? Would either side be dumb enough to make a trade like that?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

tanglewood1420 posted:

There's a bunch of players I'd trade the #1 overall pick for. Cam, Megatron, AJ Green, Joe Thomas, Watt...

Yeah but Houston is the one with the pick, so of those the only applicable one is Cam.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Coldforge posted:

RIP Tre, you looked so good :(

They take a long rear end time to heal too which sucks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I wouldn't trade the 1st overall for Kaepernick

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

They take a long rear end time to heal too which sucks.

This prompted me to look it up and now I know where to find my snuff box! :eng101:

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

AAA DOLFAN posted:

agreed, Foles or Bust

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Me either. I don't want to see him outside of the Harbaugh QB magic.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if you got chip Kelly with foles then sure make the trade

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Me neither. I don't think he's quite as good as some people make him out to be. He was downright lovely at times last year.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I think kaeps still very raw. he throws some crazy hard passes and runs like a gazelle but he's not good enough at just playing qb yet. I think he'll get there with harbaugh coaching him eventually but yeah he looked rough at times.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'd trade it for Luck or RG3 with a fixed knee, that's about it as far as QB's go. The best of the best are also up there in years so unless you have a WIN RIGHT NOW team I don't think you're trading it for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd trade 5th overall for Foles and feel like a bandit

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I'd trade 5th overall for Foles and feel like a bandit

Like at the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 4, 2014

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

defiantgiant posted:

I really want the Bears to scoop up Easley in the 2nd if (read: when) they miss out on Aaron Donald. I would love to get Donald, but Clinton-Dix in the first and Easley in the 2nd would be a pretty nice consolation prize.

I'm not convinced Donald won't fall to 14. I am convinced that if he does fall, it will be because teams are stupid. I think he is easily the third best defensive player in this draft, after Mack and Clowney.

Which teams ahead of us have DT as a serious need? I'd say Atlanta, Jacksonville, Oakland and the Giants are the teams that could definitely use one. I also think Atlanta, Jacksonville and Oakland will be picking between Watkins, Robinson, Mack and some top tier talent, so they might not go with him. With the Giants, wouldn't be surprised if they target one of the top offensive tackles if they fall to them, but I think the only way they pass Donald is if Matthews somehow falls to them.

I do not want the Bears to draft Pryor or Clinton-Dix. Honestly, I'd rather see Mosley than those two, and I'd rather they just load up on the defensive line, even if it means trading back. Neither of those guys is the second coming of Jarius Byrd or Earl Thomas, and that is the only way I draft a safety in the first. Major Wright only became a serious concern for our defense when our line stopped generating pressure. Load up on the front seven and we'll be fine.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Some people are saying Raiders aren't picking a QB at 5 so I'm assuming we're getting Bridgewater at 5.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Nawid posted:

Some people are saying Raiders aren't picking a QB at 5 so I'm assuming we're getting Bridgewater at 5.

Insha'Allah

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Blitz7x posted:

Insha'Allah

I've already resigned myself to you guys trading up for Clowney at #2.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders apparently ruled out Bortles and Johnny loving football

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Where'd you see that? I hope it hits the news, because so many Raider fans will poo poo a brick if McKenzie doesn't like JFF.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Vic T said it in a tweet then deleted it, but Ian Rapaport picked it up. Seems pretty legit

Vic knows RT @ProFootballTalk: The Raiders have reportedly ruled out drafting Manziel or Bortles with the fifth pick http://wp.me/p14QSB-9tnW

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Mario Williams.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What about for Super Bowl Champion David Carr?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'd trade it for Luck or RG3 with a fixed knee, that's about it as far as QB's go. The best of the best are also up there in years so unless you have a WIN RIGHT NOW team I don't think you're trading it for Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

The Texans with Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers are the favourite for their division. They'd give up the 1st overall for one of them in a heartbeat.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

A Pale Horse posted:

Me neither. I don't think he's quite as good as some people make him out to be. He was downright lovely at times last year.

I think the fact that he played with 1 good WR and 1 TE who, despite being a physical freak, made it as difficult as possible to actually complete passes to him, in the toughest division in football, which is stacked with defensive talent. While I certainly understand people discounting him for the Harbaugh effect (and his team's defense and OL), I think he's got all the talent, and has shown remarkable ability, while answering some of the questions that made him a 2nd round prospect. He's at the bottom of the list of young quarterbacks I'd instantly trade the #1 for (Behind Luck, Cam, and healthy-RG3), but I fully believe in his tools and potential. I guess I look at it more as "Guy I'd be happy to have for the #1 pick" than a "sure fire no brainer trade" like the other three guys (or other players named).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Boldin and Davis are a lot better cast than most QB's get, even if it isn't great. Also, the Colts secondary is absolute garbage and welp.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
On the top end sure, though I don't think they're "a lot better cast than most QB's get," I'd say they're about average if you really looked at team by team basis, but after that the skill position players drops off an absolute cliff. Know the next leading receivers in SF? FB Bruce Miller with 25, then Michael Crabtree with 19. That's, ruptured his achilles in training camp and came back for 5 whole games, ended up 4th on the team in receptions, Michael Crabtree. I don't care how good you think Davis and Boldin are (I'll debate with you about that if you want), you absolutely can't deny that they really didn't have much to work with as an offense. Especially in a division where every team is capable of taking away one receiver, at the very least. I know Luck had bad luck with injuries as well, and that Cam's receiving corps isn't even two deep, but there's a big difference in the defenses of the NFC West, and those of the NFC/AFC South.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

No way is he worth a #1 pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I would say from a raw talent standpoint and at his current slary he definitely is worth it. But, if you have to give up the first overall and then immediately start paying him $19mil a season.... well, maybe not so much.

• Locked thread