Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

HOLY poo poo I KNOW!

loving Takatora looked so happy too, now that he could maybe actually SAVE humanity.

That "Mitsuzane, you have to SAVE THE WORLD!" had me in tears. Poor Takatora. :cry:

He's probably not dead but still god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jonjonaug posted:

That "Mitsuzane, you have to SAVE THE WORLD!" had me in tears. Poor Takatora. :cry:

He's probably not dead but still god drat.

He also Said something about helping Kouta, right? Like I swear I heard Kouta's full name in there somewhere.

And after hearing what would be his Brother's final words, Micchy takes the belt and immediately tries to kill Kouta.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

He also Said something about helping Kouta, right? Like I swear I heard Kouta's full name in there somewhere.

And after hearing what would be his Brother's final words, Micchy takes the belt and immediately tries to kill Kouta.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

YEP! It's loving great.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Knowing this episode is coming I bought Arms Change Zangetsu, Zangetsu Shin, and the Musou Saber so I could have the Melon Lockseed.

Because I'm a loving baby who can only express attachment through shallow materialism.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Raws are out. Hold on to your butt if you're the type to go ahead and watch them.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Urobutchi DID say Zangetsu was this series' Ouja. He just didn't mean the original.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
And now subs are out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat, that was quick, not that I'm complaining.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Man, even after reading the spoilers from people watching the raws I was still surprised. Please change thread title to Gaim: No Micchy's Club.
Also please Live More, Takatora :( .

On a lighter note, I wonder if Bandou is going to pay Kouta, or have him work off his tab first.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/Xl0QZM0.jpg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no way that Takatora is actually dead but drat that loving cold. Micchy needs bad things to happen to him soon.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Holy gently caress that episode. :catstare::stonk:

First everything that happens with the betrayal of Takatora, not just by his underlings, not just by his partner with whom he as been working with for years, but by his own little brother. Jesus, that line from Takatora: "You must work with Kouta to save the world!" Talk about a gut punch. Then Mitsushithead's cowardly trap to try and kill Kouta, and THEN Sid goes and betrays the betrayers for his own ends. The twists just keep coming. It's :magical:

And next week we get more on the Overlords it looks like. :getin:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If I go to another Rider series after this, will I be spoiled due to how good Gaim is?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

If I go to another Rider series after this, will I be spoiled due to how good Gaim is?

Yes, absolutely. Pretty much the only series you won't be disappointed in after this is Double.

kuulgai
Feb 5, 2013

ALL FEAR
ALL PAIN
KAMEN RIDER KUULGAI
Episode 27 is really dedicated to the Micchy fans, huh? Thanks Urobuchi!

It was a really nice touch that they apparently switched Shin Zangetsu's suit actor to a tinier dude, probably Ryugen's.

Also, Kachidoki flinging around that Inves like it was nothing was a nice touch, considering the same Inves tanked Kiwi Arms and Watermelon Arms before dying in episode 10.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Interesting seating choices. :mmmhmm:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Interesting seating choices. :mmmhmm:

The zoom out later that was centered on Takatora made them look even more further away from him which was a cool touch given what happened later

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Man, i hope to god Micchy doesn't wind up being the last boss of this show.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Rei_ posted:

I hope he gets punked on by an overlord and then just cries for the rest of the series :mad:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

It'd be pretty neat for a show that started with the hero accidentally murdering his friend to end it with purposely murdering his other friend.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Also man, Kaito's like my favourite Vegeta of all time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

He won't, he'll either be cut down by Takatora's glorious runback using the Melon Rainment or Kaito will make good on his word. Now that Kaito can actually fight they're really setting things up for him. I'm betting he's the one to really finish Micchy off and that pushes Kouta over enough to realize he can't 'reason' with Kaito like he wants to.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

He won't, he'll either be cut down by Takatora's glorious runback using the Melon Rainment or Kaito will make good on his word. Now that Kaito can actually fight they're really setting things up for him. I'm betting he's the one to really finish Micchy off and that pushes Kouta over enough to realize he can't 'reason' with Kaito like he wants to.
If Kaito does finish off Micchy, I think I'm going to die laughing if Kouta never finds out about Micchy's betrayals because he doesn't believe anything Kaito says.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Well, I guess that's how Micchy gets his upgrade, since I wasn't expecting him to stick with base Ryugen forever... But drat, what a stone-cold incredible unrepentant rear end in a top hat. It looks like Kouta finds out Micchy's true colors in the next episode though, if the preview isn't being tricky.

Now can Takatora show up with Melon Raiment soon and destroy everyone? I hope he's back sooner rather than later because he's the most admirable, compelling character.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 5, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Killer Queen posted:

Well, I guess that's how Micchy gets his upgrade, since I wasn't expecting him to stick with base Ryugen forever... But drat, what a stone-cold incredible unrepentant rear end in a top hat. It looks like Kouta finds out Micchy's true colors in the next episode though, if the preview isn't being tricky.

Now can Takatora show up with Melon Raiment soon and destroy everyone? I hope he's back sooner rather than later because he's the most admirable, compelling character.

Sorry man, Kaito is the true moral compass of Gaim.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

FIGHT POWER FIGHT POWER F-F-F-F-F-F-FIGHT POWER

So the whole 'it was a happy coincidence!' thing was a lie right

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

FIGHT POWER FIGHT POWER F-F-F-F-F-F-FIGHT POWER

So the whole 'it was a happy coincidence!' thing was a lie right

What thing?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

There was a whole story that came out when Baron got Lemon Arms that was like 'Oh we didnt plan for this but we thought of it rather recently!' and I'm like...idk that seems pretty weird that Baron gets the only energy lockseed that has a callout and its screaming about fighting and power.

Plus it puts Gaim and Baron together as Citrus Rider 1 and 2 which i think is pretty funny.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I call plot shenanigans.

We already know that Genesis drivers don't attune to individuals, and Baron retains his same suit even when using his. Ergo, Mitsuzane shouldn't be able to wear Zangetsu's outfit and should look like Ryugen using Melon Energy Arms.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

I call plot shenanigans.

We already know that Genesis drivers don't attune to individuals, and Baron retains his same suit even when using his. Ergo, Mitsuzane shouldn't be able to wear Zangetsu's outfit and should look like Ryugen using Melon Energy Arms.

Ryoma gave Kaito's his on the down-low. Knowing Ryoma's feelings about Kaito and what Ryoma does for fun he could have tweaked it a bit for Baron so it's a bit easier/more familiar for him to use (See: Same undersuit, the fact that it's super arrows says ENERGY SQUASH/CHARGE instead of just ENERGY LEMON, etc.)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

I call plot shenanigans.

Well we don't know why Gaim looks like Gaim or why Baron looks like Baron. It's probably something hardcoded into each belt individually. The dude from Red Hot was probably going to look exactly like Bravo if he had tried to use the belt himself.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 5, 2014

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Kamen Rider Gaim: Everyone's an Arsehole*

*Except Kouta and Hawktiger (and Zack)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Kamen Rider Gaim: Everyone's an Arsehole*

*Except Kouta and Hawktiger (and Zack)

Don't forget Kouta's sister and Mai.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I can't stop laughing at that image of Micchy pulling out the Grape lockseed, I was hoping he'd pop it and then it would just cut to him crawling out of a locker with the drat thing shoved in his mouth.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Plus it puts Gaim and Baron together as Citrus Rider 1 and 2 which i think is pretty funny.

That reminds me.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

I personally hope Micchy dies doing something heroic and selfless, just so he ends up even betraying himself.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
What I want to know is when's Kouta gonna get that loving horse

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The horse is just Yuuya and Hase in a horse costume

edit: https://vine.co/v/M6r2KbTYezd

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 6, 2014

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
At this point it's just anger. It's no longer about preserving joy or happiness -- it's devolved into something weird and dark.

Also, it'd be awesome if Bandai released a video with Kaito teaching you how to dance like Team Baron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

dordreff posted:

I personally hope Micchy dies doing something heroic and selfless, just so he ends up even betraying himself.

I'm hoping it's more like: Micchy comes within literal inches of obtaining the power of a God or whatever, and then just gets chopped directly in half by either an Overlord or Takatora, instead.

• Locked thread