Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Hey so, in todays patch notes:

quote:

Claim Upkeep

We've increased the max amount to 8 days. We're still working on a system that will increase this cap, the longer you've had the claim, but hopefully this will give some of you a bit of padding with your upkeep.

Edit: also,

quote:

We think we've nailed down that Mining / Pulverizer crash as well. Let us know if you continue to see it!

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Even with the reduced tool prices, I still end up having to mine a lot of uncommon resources just to get a rubicite axe with more than 2 upgrade slots :negative:

And if that isn't bad enough, someone is claiming they only got 1 damaged core sifting 750,000 dirt. That's a lot of dirt farming.

MetalMan
Oct 22, 2004
My brother and I sifted almost 1,000,000 dirt and have not seen a damaged artifact.

Aside from that, the game has been awesome. Excited to see what else gets added.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Another nice little touch I was glad to see was that crafting stations don't animate until you use them.

Beowulf
Jun 16, 2003

The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him...
Just moved, didn't have internet for 5 days. Claim is gone, and lost all of the inventory that went into all of my buildings etc. Pretty much done with this game for awhile because I don't feel like grinding all those resources back just to build basic poo poo all over again =/

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Your stuff wasn't in the mail?

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Or maybe you can find me in game and I can sort you out?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Mephiston posted:

Or maybe you can find me in game and I can sort you out?

Are you going to be playing today? I have mined enough copper to try another crack at my claim.

edit - thanks!

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 27, 2014

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

yep, let me know roughly what time GMT+10 you'll be on, and i'll try and get there.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
If any of you are bored and want to swing by and see what I've been working on, claim is located on Rebellion - Channel, here:

I could use some suggestions for rooms - there's several unfurnished still, and an enormous area down in the lower claim that I'm not really sure what to do with.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

I'm really bad with decorating rooms and just left my house from alpha completely empty.

Your little tavern area downstairs looked pretty sweet though. A while back some people on the official forums posted pictures of some really cool cages and torture racks and stuff that they built out of microvoxels for the dungeons under their castles.

It would also be cool if SOE added props like armor stands, wall banners and other castley things.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Yeah Landmark is really thin on props right now. That's one area I'd really like to see them expend a lot of effort expanding upon (and not just rely on Player Studio for it -- I don't want to have to buy every individual prop I want from a cash shop).

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

itsnice2bnice posted:

I'm really bad with decorating rooms and just left my house from alpha completely empty.

Your little tavern area downstairs looked pretty sweet though. A while back some people on the official forums posted pictures of some really cool cages and torture racks and stuff that they built out of microvoxels for the dungeons under their castles.

It would also be cool if SOE added props like armor stands, wall banners and other castley things.

Thanks :) I'm particularly proud of the couches in the library area as well. Took a lot of fiddling with 'em.

But yeah, props are seriously lacking in number and type. How there's no book props yet is beyond me.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

My suspicion is that a lot of the aesthetic items are, sadly, going to be coming in later. It seems like the kind of stuff that can be dropped in with minimal fuss, once an artist/artist team's put it together, and the greater focus for now seems to be on functional things.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I like props, but they're better looking than anything voxel related. We need a way to use voxels in a manner that lets us get an extreme amount of detail, so that we can make things almost indistinguishable from props.

Here is a video from a different voxel related project that is doing things I wish this game could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZTk2hDAEQ

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

I like props, but they're better looking than anything voxel related. We need a way to use voxels in a manner that lets us get an extreme amount of detail, so that we can make things almost indistinguishable from props.

Here is a video from a different voxel related project that is doing things I wish this game could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZTk2hDAEQ

Actually both EQN and EQL both have licensed their engine from this guy. (It's a team now by the way.) So maybe if we're lucky those new features will also be implemented in the engine version EQN and EQL use.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Incidentally, on talking about props there are an incredible amount that are modelled and ready to go in game, but havnt been activated. I know this because my client bugged out and somehow managed to give me the dev prop spawn list, which listed every prop in the game files (modelled and unmodelled).

Theres some pretty neat poo poo in there like water wheels, furniture, banners, a fully modelled portcullis object, and a bunch of other stuff.

Just keep that pic to yourselves, I debated whether or not to post the full gallery but I figured it was probably a bad idea, since the LM pubbie community would start acting all self-entitled and demand soe put these objects in game. They poo poo up the community enough already.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Claim dimensions, in voxels, are what...250x250x<vertical dimension>?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Well, I think thats it for me until the next phase of the beta. The game wouldn't work for more than 45 seconds until the most recent patch a day or so ago, so I couldn't pay my upkeep and lost it. It works now and I was actualy able to still get my same claim position, but since my build was a big cave fit to the side of a mountain, there isn't a chance in hell I can get the templates for those claims to fit back together so its basically a wash.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Okay, found it's 175x175x250...Now I'm trying to find a better way to find the center of the 175x175 plane than just drawing lines from corner to corner and marking the intersection. I wish geometry class wasn't over a decade ago.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Trebuchet King posted:

Okay, found it's 175x175x250...Now I'm trying to find a better way to find the center of the 175x175 plane than just drawing lines from corner to corner and marking the intersection. I wish geometry class wasn't over a decade ago.

The selection tool tells you how large your current selection is in voxels. Just start a selection from the corner and expand it until it's 87x87 and the center voxel will be just outside its corner.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I ended up making a selection spanning the entire width, marking its midpoint (I like the way the selection tool highlights the middle) then doing the same with a perpendicular selection nearby. From there it was easy. I just wish there were more options for floating helpful non-constructs like the selection tool can be.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

So the one function everyone has been clamoring for has finally been added in the most recent patch: The ability to seperate the loot (and every other) tab from the main window.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014
Good, because the inventory system was absolutely awful.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I am at the bottom of Goon Hill on Adventure-Oxford --- Currently working on whatever the hell I am making (Greystone Manor).

Inside, I have a chest with some stuff. Axes, Picks, Trinkets, stuff I don't want/need. Feel free to take stuff, I just ask you leave some for others!

Location is nearly directly south of the Spire.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nice video from the devs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2dI8wy0W_8

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

En Fuego posted:

I am at the bottom of Goon Hill on Adventure-Oxford --- Currently working on whatever the hell I am making (Greystone Manor).

Inside, I have a chest with some stuff. Axes, Picks, Trinkets, stuff I don't want/need. Feel free to take stuff, I just ask you leave some for others!

Location is nearly directly south of the Spire.

Goons have an island? I'll have to make sure to put a claim their whenever claims are reset for water and/or caves.

edit: maybe SoE would be willing to add "guild islands" where only guild members can make claims upkeep in gold with the ability to place a portal to public island claim letting you port around. You could do a good bit with that and get some awesome projects going.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's more like a low-fps jungle basin that occasionally crashes my display drivers.

When a proper world is put in, we definitely need to not be in the jungle.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's more like a low-fps jungle basin that occasionally crashes my display drivers.

When a proper world is put in, we definitely need to not be in the jungle.

Or hope they fix the fps issue by then

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Here's some of the progress I've made:

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

So fellas, when are we going to build the Golden Dong?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A new blueprint has been posted.

Looks like we're getting the first iteration of caves and oceans within the next two weeks. If anyone has a plot on a beach, you're either going to get neato beachfront property or be underwater.

I'm going to miss the easy resource collection along the beaches.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Freakazoid_ posted:

A new blueprint has been posted.

Looks like we're getting the first iteration of caves and oceans within the next two weeks. If anyone has a plot on a beach, you're either going to get neato beachfront property or be underwater.

I'm going to miss the easy resource collection along the beaches.

Nah all claims are being reset when they add oceans I believe, same with caves. They are going to regenerate all the terrain to add it so its necessary. You'll be mailed everything in your claim so you can place it back down. They will do as many resets as they need during the beta they don't want to reset characters but if they implement something that requires it they can do it without warning (this is a beta still after all).

Still this is much quicker then I thought for adding water and caves. Start up the hype train, and get ready for some horrible FPS lag from water or caves being 5000 voxels bellow you.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well I'm not going to worry about my claim upkeep then if land is getting wiped in two weekd.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

pixaal posted:

Nah all claims are being reset when they add oceans I believe, same with caves.

I see they have an older post regarding wipes and they do mention caves/ocean specifically, but lately the developers (on at least one stream) have been acting like a claim wipe isn't going to happen. It's a bit confusing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Freakazoid_ posted:

I see they have an older post regarding wipes and they do mention caves/ocean specifically, but lately the developers (on at least one stream) have been acting like a claim wipe isn't going to happen. It's a bit confusing.

I just don't see how they plan on adding it if it requires a regeneration. The game is in beta I mean they seem pretty impressed with what people have built and seem to be bending over backwards to support the community (which is nice). They don't have to support poo poo it's a beta they could do weekly account resets if they wanted to and tell us tough poo poo its so they can balance. The dev team is surprisingly nice and very open with everything.

I just expect a wipe of claims but at the same time since everything is packed up nice it doesn't seem like a big deal unless you have something carved out or built into the landscape. But why are you doing that in a beta where wipes can happen other then to practice (or bug test)?

I'm still not sure if the closed to open beta is going to wipe progress, but I don't really care I feel like any feedback I make during this beta is actually taken seriously by devs and my time is worth it to shape the game unlike most beta tests in the last decade. This feels more like what a beta should be, devs talking with a small amount of testers who want to help improve a game and make it the best it can be.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

I've found the best contest entry, 'great lunch' by Nequam is a piece of art that deserves to be immortalized. Please vote accordingly.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Make sure and tag all your claims with even just a single nonsense tag. That way you can search your character's name in the showcase and teleport to any of your claims for free. Until they fix it of course.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/faq-updates-may-7-2014-special-note-re-wipes.36572/

No claim wipe with oceans (which was added today). There will be a claim wipe when they add caves.

The new dirt veins pump out a decent amount of artifact fragments, plus we can craft a new tier of sifter and sifters accept stone. Seems like a good time to legendary all your tools if you haven't done so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

Freakazoid_ posted:

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/faq-updates-may-7-2014-special-note-re-wipes.36572/

No claim wipe with oceans (which was added today). There will be a claim wipe when they add caves.

The end-of-closed-beta wipe will wipe both claims AND inventory. Only items purchased for real monies are retained.

gently caress that. See you in open beta.

• Locked thread