Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
A question for anyone who has it, I'm looking into picking up the 2011 SDCC DCUC Swamp Thing figure. I've read about how it is an armature covered in a rubber "skin", my question is: has anyone's figures had any issues with cracking or peeling? I know sometimes with figures that incoporate rubber into them, the rubber has a tendency to fall apart after a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jace Madan posted:

A question for anyone who has it, I'm looking into picking up the 2011 SDCC DCUC Swamp Thing figure. I've read about how it is an armature covered in a rubber "skin", my question is: has anyone's figures had any issues with cracking or peeling? I know sometimes with figures that incoporate rubber into them, the rubber has a tendency to fall apart after a few years.

I've had mine for almost a year now and he is perfectly fine. Hell the last 4 months he has been sitting in a storage bin in the basement and when I peaked in to grab something this week I made sure to check on him.

In 15+ years you may have a problem but I think it will be perfectly fine.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Same deal with mine. He spent a year on a shelf, then six months in storage, then came back out a while back and everything on him is perfect. It's a fantastic piece.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mine sat out for a 18 months and has been in storage since, but I just checked and he's still just as good as day one. Keep him in a cool, dry area without direct sun and that rubber will be good for a long time.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Cool, thanks for the answers guys, I'll definitely be picking him up then.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Jabba with Salacious Crumb is the Star Wars Black Exclusive at SDCC.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Black widow has been going up on amazon for the past day in large quantities.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MooselanderII posted:

Black widow has been going up on amazon for the past day in large quantities.
I'm still seeing it listed for like $45 :confused:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still seeing it listed for like $45 :confused:

It sells out within minutes, but its gone up twice in the past two days at $21.99.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Jace Madan posted:

Cool, thanks for the answers guys, I'll definitely be picking him up then.

Be careful of the leg joint though. I've seen a few reviews online that show it's kinda tight/fragile and will snap somewhat easily.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh cool, it's 'Heavily Armoured Special Cop!

Comes with:

Figure:
- Detailed likeness headsculpture
- Body
Costume:
- Leather combat jacket
- Leather combat pants
- Combat boots
- Combat gloves
- Bulletproof vest w/Name plate
- Tactical shoulder pads
- Tactical knee pads
- Helmet w/eyeglass
- Gas mask
Weapon:
- Smoke grenade
- Stick grenade w/Holder
- Machine pistol w/Holster
- Clips w/Holder
- Tactical folding knife
Gear:
- First aid kit
- Gas mask bag

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Link me, cause oh god I needs that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Somehow I do not feel it will be as cheap a purchase as the name might imply, but I'm also curious

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I feel like I've been waiting for this forever.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Please link to where we can order that cause I need that loving Dredd right loving now.

EDIT: Went through this shop: http://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/

http://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/art-figures---af-015---heavy-armoured-special-cop-1369-p.asp

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 6, 2014

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

That Shredder sure is... something.

The figure in the middle of the bottom row is apparently the Foot Soldier, giving Bob the Goon a run for his money as the most boring figure of all time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I know the first thing I worry about when I'm cutting my super villain costume from used tuna fish cans is whether or not I should include sweet spikes on my cape so they match my spike gauntlets.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

funtax posted:

The figure in the middle of the bottom row is apparently the Foot Soldier, giving Bob the Goon a run for his money as the most boring figure of all time.

I really liked the Shredder, really evoked the ridiculous of the cartoon I watched 20 years ago.

Who is in the bottom left?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I really liked the Shredder, really evoked the ridiculous of the cartoon I watched 20 years ago.

It's either a really fat Invisible Man, or Ralph in his street attire disguise.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Probably just the Turtles' street disguises. They wore trenchcoats/hats/sunglasses whenever they went out in public in the cartoons, and some of the books.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Louisgod posted:

Ralph in his street attire disguise.

Correct. Turtles have always loved trenchcoats:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
And it's also a homage to one of my favorite toys of the whole line

http://www.tmnttoys.com/90figures/disguised/5114.htm

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

WeX Majors posted:

And it's also a homage to one of my favorite toys of the whole line

http://www.tmnttoys.com/90figures/disguised/5114.htm

I had this guy and I could never figure out why he came with a black pizza.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

I had this guy and I could never figure out why he came with a black pizza.

I recall every turtle came with pizza, and I assume it was just the color of their accessories which is fine when you've got the orange-brown of the original figures but looks less good in black or purple.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just picked up a cool looking base for my Man of Steel Superman.

It's not scaled correctly for 12" (I don't think) but it'll work for that breaky effect he had when he flew off in the movie. If not, amazon is pretty good about returns.

Gonna order Dredd as soon as I can. drat STOCK NOT COMING IN FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS AAUUGGHH :argh:

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

^ That looks amazing. What scale is it in and where can I buy one?

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

funtax posted:

I know it's just the result of the figures using a lower-quality mold, but I can't make out the nostrils or creepy flesh lips on the turtles and they really do look all the better for it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

^ That looks amazing. What scale is it in and where can I buy one?

It's the new Figuarts effect, and you can pick them up pretty much anywhere you'd buy toys online (Amazon, big bad, HLJ, etc.)
Here's a review of them in Japanese, but you get the idea from the pics:

http://shishioh.info/TAMASHII_EFFECT_IMPACT.php

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno the scale but I bought it off amazon for 15$ and some change.

Figured it'd be cool for a MOS Superman figure. I'll post some pics in a few days.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HEAVY ARMOURED SPECIAL COP is apparently selling like loving crazy. The place I ordered from above mentioned that this morning all preorders have broken records. All the people over at Sideshow Freaks are saying the company making this are really great at what they do and their sculpts/materials rival Hot Toys from time to time.

This is their Punisher figure they did, called it "Chase". (not my picture)

I loving love that they avoid copyright with these random names.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's the link to that base I posted about : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GRISAL0/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Where's the best place to preorder the ANGRY HEAVY ARMORED COP at? Gotta get my Dredd on and dammit, it'll be my birthday present to myself.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think this guy is a US dealer: http://www.monkeydepot.com/Heavy_Armoured_Special_Cop_AF_015_p/fa0016.htm

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. Got 3 on order!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

funtax posted:

I'm liking the Shredder. Apparently they are also making a movie turtle-van too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Good lord. $139 seems so cheap for this thing.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

So I got a little dude in the mail.

He's kiwami tamashii Decade and he's got a nice pile of gear for a not gi-joe 1/18th scale figure. He's got his ride booker (his gun), the parts for having it hang at his waist or turning it into a sword, an extra head for his movie form, 3 pairs of hands, and a stand (not that he needs it).

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
http://art-figures.com/en/

Thats the website for the company that is making the Judge Dredd figure. There are some pretty great figures in here with some great broken english names. I am really tempted to order the two pack based off The Rock so I can have Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery hot toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Cage is a damned good buy, because he comes with that huge fuckoff missle.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Solid wave though all I want are Stryfe, Magneto and Jubilee. Another Wolverine and another Cyclops costume nobody wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Phoenix 5, no deal.