Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

1: W: Wanderlust is in my heart. I went to seek answers from the world; the questions are my own. Keeps the wanderlust, loses the Enkidu endorsement, and has the benefit of being true! We went to seek answers, namely as to what may have happened to Danal, but we also wander out of general curiosity as to the nature of the world and its inhabitants (or I'd like to). Also lends us a vague mystique.

2: Q. :colbert:

Plan Theglavwen, but with; 3 - Dwayne Johnson

Can't wait for the look on Ishamals face when we get him to agree on helping us with falconry, and then show up to the first lesson with a baby Roc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The bird shits gold.

Hatch it. Cut off its wings. Stick it in a cage and force feed it prune and cow stew.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

The bird shits gold.

Hatch it. Cut off its wings. Stick it in a cage and force feed it prune and cow stew.

It'll be making GBS threads something else entirely on that diet

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

AQ

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

AQ

Flappy

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
A Q Beaky

No need to lie. We got worried, wanted to check, found out that he's probably fine, so we killed a Roc and came back.

:ohdear: he's in Athar oh no :ohdear:

This bird will be loved by us and our son. Other children have dogs, our children have murderbirds. :colbert: We will feed him every day! Maybe it'll be like a parrot and learn to speak, especially if we Infuse it like Snarls.

Beaky :3:

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\

Outrail posted:

The bird shits gold.

Channeling your inner goblin? :colbert:

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Imperialist Dog posted:

A Q Beaky

No need to lie. We got worried, wanted to check, found out that he's probably fine, so we killed a Roc and came back.

:ohdear: he's in Athar oh no :ohdear:

This bird will be loved by us and our son. Other children have dogs, our children have murderbirds. :colbert: We will feed him every day! Maybe it'll be like a parrot and learn to speak, especially if we Infuse it like Snarls.

Beaky :3:

Feel pretty much the same as all of this.

A Q Beaky

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
A, Q

Beaky!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting for question 1 and 2 are closed.

The name of your yet to be hatched bird, question 3, remains open. Anyone want to give us a tally? Counting on paper I lost my place. Larry Bird seems to be winning by a landslide with Beaky bringing up the rear quickly.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Beaky!!!

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Beaky!

Magnus Venator
Jul 17, 2006

Trekker på 1/5 sek. Svak for kvinner og hasard. Nervøs, innesluttet, med psykopatiske trekk.
Larry!

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
Beaky

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Larry Bird!

The totally weird anachronistic names we choose for our pets is the best part!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Larry Bird. We should remain consistent.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

\
We must honour the name of Beaky. :black101:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Dwayne :colbert:

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Voting this. I love the Rock too much to not try and name that baby bird after him.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Larry bird

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Larry Bird

My immersion! Ruined!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Larry!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Larry Bird

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Laurence "Beaky" Bird

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
Larry Bird!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Dwayne 'The Roc' 'The Rock' Johnson

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Imperialist Dog posted:

We must honour the name of Beaky. :black101:
But then what will we name our tortoise when we get one?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Larry Bird

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
If we have too much trouble getting a live Minotaur to sacrifice in Baitel, we could use the baby Roc as a backup plan.

QUESTION: Did we ever hear in the stories that Roc's poo poo gold?

General question for the thread: Where the gently caress is Danal? Any ideas on where he could be heading? He traveled so far into monster infested land, so he must have a plan. I think he may have gone to Anthar. He knows the language. I don't know what he would get there.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 5, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think he might actually be going to his memory of Athar or something strange.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

If we have too much trouble getting a live Minotaur to sacrifice in Baitel, we could use the baby Roc as a backup plan.

QUESTION: Did we ever hear in the stories that Roc's poo poo gold?

General question for the thread: Where the gently caress is Danal? Any ideas on where he could be heading? He traveled so far into monster infested land, so he must have a plan. I think he may have gone to Anthar. He knows the language. I don't know what he would get there.

I don't know...maybe he's trying to follow our lead and nab some pearls? Or find the shark tooth?

I'm just really reaaaally hoping he doesn't show up with some shanghaied Atharian infant in tow, or have some crazy idea about battling cannibals.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

BEAKY!!!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You have not heard stories that Roc's poo poo gold. Their feathers are not as hard as bronze either. Clearly the stories of Rocs are incomplete.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Edit: Double post.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 5, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Diogines posted:

Edit: Double post.

There will be new stories now. About a man, his dog and their bird.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Also it was pretty badass taking down that roc.

I knew we could do it! And apparently roc is delicious. One day we need to make a roc farm and sell the meat.

We managed to explain why our power increased while hunting minotaurs despite being out marching in armor for long periods of time as well. Killing monsters=power, the more powerful and difficult the better it seems. Because El likes killing monsters, or the Melachim? And this refills the gauge? Maybe? I wonder if our "significant" sacrifices, where the fire was clearly not natural, also did this.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Wait, Diog posted that twice. And the sentences were negative. That means its a double negative. That means that there are stories about Rocs pooping gold and the feathers not being bronze. What is Diog hiding from us?

:tinfoil:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
3. Skree. It's onomatopoeia, and also the last sound an enemy will hear when we sick Skree on them.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You return home. The common people of Zepath ask where you have been and you told them that wanderlust was in your heart. You went to seek answers from the world; the questions were your own. People talk about the massive egg you brought back and the immense talons dangling from the back of your pack. Paebel is swift to herald your amazing victory over the Roc!

Those who knew you best probably knew the truth. Both Ishamal and Tudiya asked you if you found Danal.

1. You told them...
A. I stuck to my story. I was not looking for Danal and did not see him.

B. I told them the truth, I could not find him and so I came home.
C. B. I also told them his trail was leading south, at least a month from Zepath and the trial was old when you found it. His remains were not in the Roc nest.
D. C. And I assured Tudiya I was certain Danal was fine. I spent lots of time with him in the wilderness and I believe in him.
E. D. Except it is only a comforting lie. I don't really know if Danal is alright. Still, it will probably make Tudiya feel a little better.

F. Something else. Fill in.

Your beloved wife Naomi asked you of Danal as well and you told her the truth. She seemed crestfallen when you returned without Danal but you assured her "He is strong and he is clever, he will return." Your assurances clearly comforted her. Your infant son welcomed your return with a happy "Dada!"

As you finished settling in you handed the immense egg to one of your slaves and said "Put it in a bed of straw outside and keep an eye on it." Your slave dutifully bowed their head saying "Yes Master" and carried it off.

"Enkidel" said your beloved wife in a tone expressing... gentle concern "what is that?"

"An egg" you said, perfectly innocently.

"What kind of egg?" Naomi asked.

"Well I killed a Roc and the egg was just sitting there and I couldn't just LEAVE a perfectly good egg so we took it back..."

Naomi did not seem phased at the slightest when you said you slew a Roc, she is ever supportive in your adventurous pursuits but bringing back a Roc egg home, to the home you are often away from for long periods, is another thing. In a tone appropriate for a woman who is concerned that her husband just brought a giant carnivorous predator to the home she shares with her infant son she asked you "What are you going to do with it?"

"Raise it! I will use it to soar through the skys and hunt monsters!"

Naomi takes your hands in hers and says "Enkidel. You have a son. You have me. You can't keep a monster in our home, you... you just can't."

You tell Naomi "But I already picked out a name for it! Larry Bird or maybe Beaky I have not made my mind yet..."

Your son holds his arms up for you to lift him from the floor. You do so and he says "Labas!" In another cosmos a father might move his infant through the air while making air plane engine noises. You swoosh young Asahel through the air while making Roc-screeching noises. Asahel giggles and laughs, delightedly while making Roc noises of his own "See? Our son already loves him!" you say to Naomi in an encouraging tone.

"Enkidel..." Naomi says.

[A short time before you came home.]

Before you returned to your home you visited both Ishamal and Tudiya, separately. Tudiya has grown increasingly dour from Danal's absence. Tudiya praised you for slaying the great beast and told you that "It was a mighty deed indeed, my son." You tell him you plan to raise the egg. Tudiya frowns slightly and says "I will not tell you what you cannot do my son, you have proven others fools who made such claims of you. But if it eats cattle or a person, do not imagine I will be merciful. If it eats a freeman your life will be forfeit."

Ishamal did not mix words when you told him. "Boy, your mad" he told you "if you think you can tame a Roc, you are mad. They eat anything they can lay claws upon which with their size is pretty much anything. It is no hawk to sit upon your shoulder and hunt at your call. Their hearts are their own and their territories two weeks wide as a man may walk. They do not die of age, they grow only larger and it will ever be your problem. Suppose you did in madness try to keep the thing. To have any attempt to tame it, which is surely mad, you would have to be there when it hatches, feed it from your own mouth and hands. To part from it for even a moment in it's junior years, unthinkable. To cage it for even a moment, unthinkable lest it go mad. To take it to Baitel, even more unthinkable and I promise if the king of Ibleam or Tanaach does not slay it, others will. This is not a pet Enkidel. It is a wild animal and a dangerous one. Their appetites are ravenous, feeding it would beggar you. I urge you to be rid of it."

You can freely question Naomi, Tudiya, Ishamal and anyone else in Zepath you would like to about this choice.

2. What do you plan to do with the Roc egg?
A. I don't care what Ishamal says! I love Larry Bird(or maybe Beaky?) already and I won't give him up! My bod-... Roc egg, my choice! I know I can train him if I try! I use my natural charm and quick tongue to calm Naomi. I will deal with problems related to it growing as time passes and deal with the Baitel trip if and when it happens. I will restructure my life so I can always be around the Roc. This plan is ridiculous.

B. A., but I don't restructure my life around taking care of the Roc. This plan is even more ridiculous.

C. Falconry is not big in Zepath but it does exist. I delegate the task of raising it to a falconry expert I will hire from another city. If I succeed, the expert will join my Balls with the Roc in a few years. I can expect to spend nine pounds of silver a year on this, plus food for the Roc. This plan is slightly less ridiculous but still pretty ridiculous. There is a small chance the Falconer may succeed but then screw me over and become a super villain.

D. Fly free, Larry Bird! *sniffle* I take him back to his nest and set him free. Releasing him near Zepath is too dangerous. This will take two months
E. I wait till he hatches, then tell him to "fly home" and let him go because I don't want to waste two months.

F. ...heh. I walk into the wilderness a week and a half beyond Ibleam and release the young Roc THERE! enjoy the present, Ibleamites! With Love, From Zepath!

G. I leave the egg on the forest near the monument of Zepa.

H. I smash the egg.
I. I eat the egg.

J. I sell it in Zepath for a large sum of silver.

K. I hold onto it, I want to sell it in Baitel for way more silver, while using it to show cities along the way that I am a badass. I am going to need to build another cage in case it hatches, which it look like it may in two months or so?
L. K., but I plan to sacrafice it at the House of El in Baitel. The difficulty and rarity of getting it there should get me major props.
M. (Optional combined with K or L). I hard boil the egg. This will make transporting it WAAAAYAY easier as I won't need to deal with a Roc hatchling on the road. This won't effect it's value much.

N. I need a trophy wall! Tudiya's house has one and Aaron's too! I bronze the egg and keep it as a trophy, mounted on my wall! A sign of my glorious triumph over the Roc!
O. I added it to the trophy collection in Tudiya's home, which includes trophies from many generations of Zepa's line. The pride he felt probably helped him feel better about Danal's absence

P. I travel to Ibleam and sacrafice it at the Temple of El there, in honor of the King of Ibleam. An olive branch from the line of Zepa.
Q. With two recent monster attacks it is important to keep friends close. Plus he did help rescue me and Danal from Bareen. I travel to Tanaach and sacrafice it at their temple of El to help strengthen the bonds between Zepath and Tanaach.

R. I put it upon the altar in El's temple. A pious decision and which will be well received in the city and spread my fame.

S. I give it to Indor. She wants better ingredients? BAM! Roc egg! She will give me some magical gear in return!
T. I sell it to Indor. She will probably pay more than local merchants?

U. Azzazel did not respond the last time I showed up. Is he gone, or did he choose not to respond? I leave the egg at the goat-stone west of Zepath along the river, in hopes that if Azzazel is being silent on purpose, this will change his mind.

V. I give Paebel the egg. He will raise an altar to the Melachim beyond the city to sacrafice it to them. Secret Melachim worshipers in the city will probably sneak out. This will be a shot in the arm to their faith while giving Paebel some fame among his folks.

W. I host a feast with the Roc egg as the main course! I invite my Balls to honor their loyalty to me and their courage!
X. ...I invite Zepath's Mighty Men and other social elites.
Y. ...I invite common men and the poor to let them have this delicacy!
Z. ...I invite merchants and invite my friends from nearby foreign cities, strengthening my relations with them even further!
Za. ...I invite El's clergy. A move to earn me points with the clergy.

Zb. In the middle of the night I leave it in the market with a sign that reads "FREE EGG". I watch from secret, while giggling, to see who takes it.

Zc. I sneak into the chicken hut of a farmer in the dead of night and leave it inside. Giggling is probably also involved.

Zd. Smash it in Asherah's name and feed it to fish in the river for He Who Hungers!

Ze. With Ishamal's powers this could be EASY! I blackmail him to use his powers to make training it easy, otherwise it will hurt people and boo hoo hoo Ishamal, you have to help me now!

Zf. Something else. Fill in.

3. (Optional) If you plan to keep the Roc, assuming you can hatch it alive, what do you want to name it? A continuation from the last vote. If you already answered you do NOT need to vote again.
Larry Bird is currently winning with Beaky in a distant second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Before I vote, I want to ask Ishamel about the process by which we made Snarls sentient. This is important.