Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Pyrotect or Zamp have the cheapest SA rated helmets although I have no experience with them, I think Summit carries Zamp.

http://www.soloracer.com/sa2010helmets.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Have anyone else heard of a payroll check not clearing after a raise? THIS ISN'T FUNNY, BANK.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You didn't get a raise, you got a "raise."

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ultimateforce posted:

Have anyone else heard of a payroll check not clearing after a raise? THIS ISN'T FUNNY, BANK.

Has nothing to do with the raise and everything to do with your employer swirling the drain.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
When payroll checks start bouncing that's usually a good sign your employer isn't going to be around much longer, unfortunately. Have your vendors been getting paid?

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah unfortunately, a bounced paycheck is one of the worst signs you can get about your employer's financial health. Definitely ask why it happened, and if it's not for a REALLY good reason, start putting in those job apps :smith:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yep... to quote the Communist brethren, we will pretend to work for as long as the bosses pretend to pay us.

When they stop pretending, it's time to start sending out resumes and interviewing, dude. Sorry.

At the very least, it'll be a warning sign to them that they can't play games with payroll and get away with it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Talked to my coworkers, think it's my bank playing tricks on me.

In other news on the highway driving home in the Forester the clutch is DEFINITELY slipping in 5th gear.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Did you install the new clutch yet?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Nope, waiting for it in the mail. Still have to buy the flywheel and bolts too.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ultimateforce posted:

Talked to my coworkers, think it's my bank playing tricks on me.

Probably safer to assume everyone else's cleared before yours hit.

It's not in any bank's best interest to tell them "your payroll check bounced" for no reason.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ultimateforce posted:

No, the opposite. In a bike accident you fall once and stop. In a car your head bounces against poo poo (and possibly catches fire).

And here during my little 60mph track crash I ended up going headfirst into the ground then somersaulted over and over bashing my head 4-5 times after the first hit. Wish my head got the memo that that's not supposed to happen in motorcycle crashes :v:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Probably safer to assume everyone else's cleared before yours hit.

It's not in any bank's best interest to tell them "your payroll check bounced" for no reason.

It's being held, not bounced.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Dang man, hope you get your money soon. I am pleased to hear that your credit has improved over the years where you can actually get a checking account! ;)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Talked to a bank manager. I am so commonly over-drawn that all my checks are on a two week hold.

Welp.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So when is the uprising, comrade?

(loving banks)

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
How the gently caress does that help them? You often don't have enough money in you account so the delay money going in... Fucktards

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It's not delayed going into the bank, just going into your account. They have your money, but they also have an extra two weeks where they can charge you for being overdrawn.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

thegasman2000 posted:

How the gently caress does that help them? You often don't have enough money in you account so the delay money going in... Fucktards

Exactly what I came here to say. It is like the banks heard louis CK's being broke skit and said "you know, this guy is funny. We should take his ideas a few steps further."

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Banks do whatever the gently caress they feel like. I had a business account for a while that I didn't keep a balance on, usually 10 bucks or something in it any given time. The bank (5th 3rd) dreamed up a fee and charged it to the account, thus overdrafting it, and then they continued the whole overdraft snowball for a bit until the account was subsequently several hundred in the red. I found out when they gave me a "convenience call" to let me know that I overdrew my account. Yes, they actually said "sir, you overdrew your account." I had to drive to my local branch in person and explain their fee schedule to them and the relevant state laws before they would believe me that you can't just make up fees on the spot and bill accounts with them, at least not in my state. Needless to say I don't use them for banking any longer.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Bank of America did that to me and hosed my credit up for a solid 5 years afterward.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

revmoo posted:

Banks do whatever the gently caress they feel like. I had a business account for a while that I didn't keep a balance on, usually 10 bucks or something in it any given time. The bank (5th 3rd) dreamed up a fee and charged it to the account, thus overdrafting it, and then they continued the whole overdraft snowball for a bit until the account was subsequently several hundred in the red. I found out when they gave me a "convenience call" to let me know that I overdrew my account. Yes, they actually said "sir, you overdrew your account." I had to drive to my local branch in person and explain their fee schedule to them and the relevant state laws before they would believe me that you can't just make up fees on the spot and bill accounts with them, at least not in my state. Needless to say I don't use them for banking any longer.

Wife left $300 in a crappy local bank for a few years, got a call saying it was overdrafted due to a new "no usage" fee.

Similarly, my lovely hometown had two local banks. I banked at the one with underage tellers and $5.00 ATM fees at their own drive up window. Everytime I told them it charged me they said "well did the ATM have an ameristar symbol?"

gently caress banks.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

gently caress money. Can't we just use peppercorns for currency like in the old days?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well, you see, if we return to the barter system,

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
How many peppercorns to weld up a manifold please UF?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I call this lil update poo poo FROM THE SHOP.

Universal wastegate dump tubes I make for people who need them.

Our driver, Dan Brockett, dropped his car off for a while to get worked on.

Some Datsun stuff.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Wait, holy poo poo, you get to work on Brockett's car? That dude is awesome, i'm insanely jealous right now. Requesting you snap as many photos of it as you possibly can!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

He's a pretty nice guy in person.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

T1g4h posted:

Requesting you

If UF did requests he would be working in an oil field in Australia making bank with no debts....

poo poo i need to learn TIG so pretty. Is it harder than MIG to pickup?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Well there's more to it. I learned to TIG before MIG.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SR20s actually fit LIKE poo poo in a S30, holy crap. Screw this!

Oh it looks good in these pics, you'll see more later.

Some S30 stuff to look at.

Dan Brockett's car.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I know you've been having issues with the place, but you really do have a pretty cool job, it has to be said. It sucks that you've still got the weird financial issues, but... drat man. I'm jealous of some of the stuff you get to do.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I got the money part straightened out. No complaints.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

You should be good considering how much money that dude with the Datsun must be paying you for all that work. Holy poo poo.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Can you explain what the deal is with that roo-bar instead of a bumper cover on the drift car?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Larrymer posted:

You should be good considering how much money that dude with the Datsun must be paying you for all that work. Holy poo poo.

Ha! This guy got the deal of the century on this car.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

bolind posted:

Can you explain what the deal is with that roo-bar instead of a bumper cover on the drift car?

There is nose aero that goes over it, but it's to protect the front from hitting cones.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

bolind posted:

It also serves as a way to quick mount the body kit when one is destroyed. They are often literally cabled-tied/zip-tied onto that rail.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I'll post some photo updates later this week, but here's something written about an event here in Orlando.

http://www.rooksmag.com/blogs/2014/5/18/hot-import-nights-orlando

Both of the transmission mount holes were cross threaded from the factory on the Forester and it took me 5 hours to change my transmission mount. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I need a fire extinguisher and mount for my car but I can't find anything I like online. :(

• Locked thread