Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Just played a pub game and realized that there's not a great reason to have Uragan and Burratino in the same deck. Swapped the Uragan for a Smerch because loving pubbies couldn't counterbattery a kid with a water pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
The BMP-3 does not replicate the incredible AGS-17 though. I had taken the BMPT out a while ago, but put it back in after they buffed the hell out of AGLs.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I just don't think I have much business getting inside 1000 meters to fight infantry positions, so it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Playing a destruction game with pubbies is terrible if you didn't bring your own smerch and none of them understand counterbattery. By the halfway point BLUEFOR was just dropping eight howitzers on anything they could see. And getting lots of points for it.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
The AGS-17 got 1400m range though?

also Smerches are basically a must have.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

RE: BMPT... AV 15 isn't what it used to be with the ubiquity of AP22 LAW's and AP22-25 ATGM's.

Also, 70 points buys you a lot of units capable of throwing HE around. I find they require too much attention to get the most out of vs. 2x2 SU-122's or 2 BMP-1D's/Moto'75 or even 2x3 T34/85.

RE: Afghanski unless it's changed significantly recently, I always found the long pause between bursts gets it killed badly.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 6, 2014

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

So me and Shan have been working on something, we hope to fix the current dumbness with tanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EliYJZ6XKLJidVyBMBSHyemhNerkGaySHrYHCbGL0mM/edit?usp=sharing

So please give us any feedback you have.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The Mediums should drop on the price range and to avoid the cheap and obsolete tanks from cluttering up modern deck builders, Cat A, due to them being the same price as all the modern mediums, there could be the normal row and then "obsolete units" that you can specifically scroll through if you want the same price, albeit lovely, tanks with more availability.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

The Mediums should drop on the price range and to avoid the cheap and obsolete tanks from cluttering up modern deck builders, Cat A, due to them being the same price as all the modern mediums, there could be the normal row and then "obsolete units" that you can specifically scroll through if you want the same price, albeit lovely, tanks with more availability.

The problem with that is that if we give the lovely tanks massive availability, then the will be used in hordes. They should be limited to curtail this.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Infidelicious posted:

RE: Afghanski unless it's changed significantly recently, I always found the long pause between bursts gets it killed badly.

Yeah thats true. Most of the cheap USSR vehicles can't put steady fire on a target with stopping to aim or reload or whatever but the range on the Afganskis is problematic. I guess I like them because they can theoretically shoot down a heli if my cheap vehicle squad gets attacked by someone elses cheap heli squad. I might try subbing them out for a Shilka maybe or some BTR-ZD SKREZHETs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

If using two cards instead of one could get you T-64As instead of T-55As, it might work.

The reasoning with regards to how much you can buy for 160 or whatever many points is dead on correct and fundamental to fixing the meta. How many hits can 160 points take and how much hurt can it put out during the time period it takes to die? Those are the relevant questions.

Pretty sure there's a copernica where cornucopia is meant.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

xthetenth posted:

If using two cards instead of one could get you T-64As instead of T-55As, it might work.

The reasoning with regards to how much you can buy for 160 or whatever many points is dead on correct and fundamental to fixing the meta. How many hits can 160 points take and how much hurt can it put out during the time period it takes to die? Those are the relevant questions.

Pretty sure there's a copernica where cornucopia is meant.

Thanks, changed the typo and down shifted T-55A's base availability.

Also note that T-64A are "shock" and start at hardened, not trained.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

If you're looking or cheap vehicles, moto75 in bmp1 is 25 points of spammy goodness. I'd replace either the vdv or iglas.

A cheap alternative to BMPTs is saperezki 85s in BTRTs. They shoot the same napalm rockets as spetz, and the BTRT has 7 front armor and a grenade launcher.

And shilkas are great at eating SEAD missiles and doing 1 damage so a BUK can kill a plane.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 6, 2014

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xerxes17 posted:

Thanks, changed the typo and down shifted T-55A's base availability.

Also note that T-64A are "shock" and start at hardened, not trained.

Yeah, that was a hypothetical, but I'd be liable to take 6 T-72As over 16 T-55 if the price were right. Honestly even in destruction balancing by availability is possible if you really do need more cards than you can get in a category to run entirely the best stuff in that category.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=44965&p=563641#p563640

It's here people, those with accounts should show their support.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope people will roll with the idea. "LMAO SO MANY T34'S OH THE HILARITY JUST NEEDS BENNIE HILL MUSIC XD" fucktards honestly seem pretty loving prevalent.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
You can kinda sorta test the changes with Hobmod. I updated the mod to use this new pricing.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Hob_Gadling posted:

You can kinda sorta test the changes with Hobmod. I updated the mod to use this new pricing.

You need to fix your tick-rate. You've got it coming in at 150/tick as you said, but that's still happening every 4s apparently.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Shanakin posted:

You need to fix your tick-rate. You've got it coming in at 150/tick as you said, but that's still happening every 4s apparently.

Eh, who plays conquest anyway.

Should be fixed, redownload and you're good to go.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Xerxes17 posted:

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=44965&p=563641#p563640

It's here people, those with accounts should show their support.

Awesome. Looks like a reasonable initial response too.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Except for gold like this from people who apparently represent Eugen in some way???

quote:

Agree (I ask for it since WAB) but totaly desagree with the princing proposal. We have to keep the prices ( some price need some rework) and decrease cheap stuff avaliability.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Phrosphor posted:

Except for gold like this from people who apparently represent Eugen in some way???

It's a reasonable response if you think RD is a Korean war remake in the 90's. Tanks don't have a place in that sort of war. Line infantry isn't that useful either because they lack mobility, it's mostly just artillery, fast movers and special forces with a smattering of AA and a few relics from earlier wars here and there. As such RD is thematically most consistent game Eugen has ever made. Arguably you could drop SF and 155mm artillery prices a bit to reinforce this effect.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Xerxes17 posted:

So me and Shan have been working on something, we hope to fix the current dumbness with tanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EliYJZ6XKLJidVyBMBSHyemhNerkGaySHrYHCbGL0mM/edit?usp=sharing

So please give us any feedback you have.

This is just a numbers nitpick but M1A1s are strictly inferior to Leopard 2A4s and shouldn't cost 10 points more. They currently cost 10 points less. That's in your chart, not your writeup.

I think it would be better for cheap tanks to be AP efficient and medium tanks to be point-efficient. I wouldn't be troubled by medium tanks simply supplanting cheap tanks either. e: okay, never mind, that's what you wrote.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 6, 2014

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
That was an unusually OK thread for the Eugen forums until Sparouw showed up.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Is bad-posting and poor logic a recruitment criteria or something for being a marshal?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I made Sparouw rage the gently caress out in a ranked game a long time ago because I was okay with taking the draw (he was higher ranked, I still get points) as he was in a way better position on Hedmark destruction. He then pushes with a bunch of 2A4s, loses them to my missile field, and loses. Queue up 6 minutes of the full gambit of random complaints, from me playing PACT, to me camping, etc.

Good times.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mazz posted:

I made Sparouw rage the gently caress out in a ranked game a long time ago because I was okay with taking the draw (he was higher ranked, I still get points) as he was in a way better position on Hedmark destruction. He then pushes with a bunch of 2A4s, loses them, and loses. Queue up 6 minutes of the full gambit of random complaints, from me playing PACT, to me camping, etc.

Good times.

I don't think this guy quite understands that availability doesn't matter one iota past a point for things that cost 50-80 points.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I wish they'd go a little more abstract and give some sort of defensive bonus to platoons. Maybe a couple points of ECM/avoidance for every member of a group past the first one. Something to reduce the whole "buy everything in groups of 1" thing. Especially choppers really need some sort of bonus to counter the huge downside of the 2-chopper-squads.
It'd also make 4-medium-tank squads better, since they'd be easier to assemble than 4-heavy-tank squads.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Does grouping units give them a morale bonus? I feel like it should, and it's something that'd make sense from a realism point of view.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Supposedly it makes them collectively more resistant to morale, but (because of morale damage having splash) makes the whole group vulnerable. The problem is the bonus generally doesn't cancel out that fact.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

DatonKallandor posted:

I wish they'd go a little more abstract and give some sort of defensive bonus to platoons. Maybe a couple points of ECM/avoidance for every member of a group past the first one. Something to reduce the whole "buy everything in groups of 1" thing. Especially choppers really need some sort of bonus to counter the huge downside of the 2-chopper-squads.
It'd also make 4-medium-tank squads better, since they'd be easier to assemble than 4-heavy-tank squads.

Hear hear to that! Being able to give 4 4-packs orders instead of 16 individuals goes a long way to making the game playable, and since military stuff rarely operates in singles, it should be encouraged, or at least not actively discouraged by cluster bombs and stuff.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Still wouldn't fix the basic problem that 4 tanks across a 1000 meter front are inherently better at maneuvering, spotting, and getting flank shots than 4 tanks across a 100 meter front. Then there's the bizarre AI driving behavior when platooned, which can combine with the AI's blindness to terrain features in nasty ways. Stuff like a tank driving from the left side of the formation to the right side, while in reverse, and taking a flank shot despite being perfectly microed. Platoons also can have trouble parking themselves in cover, which is a big micro trap. You can waste a ton of clicks just trying to get a 2-tank platoon to sit in a hedgerow much less 4 of them.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
New patch:

quote:

BUG FIX wrote:- fixing Alt+Enter ("All" chat) causing to take the shift key into account in the following selection. It was causing the units to be added to selection instead of being selected individually.
- decks can now be changed even during the countdown before launch in the lobby.

- fixing the Turn off weapons button on ships like the Lafayette or Fremantle
- fixing the placement of the Turn off weapons button when using a small-size HUD option
- fixing a bug occurring when hovering over the Battlegroup infos, that was sometimes displaying another battlegroup infos instead.

- fixing a crash that could sometimes occur during replays
- fixing a crash that could sometimes occur against the AI
- fixing a bug occurring when loading a game that has been saved during the deployment phase: the countdown was getting frozen.
- fixing a bug occurring when loading a game that has been saved during the deployment phase: somes untis were cut off from the deployment menu.
(edit) - M26 with HE area of effect fixed, it used to retain the cluster AoE

LOCA wrote:- Japanese Tan-SAM renamed Tan-SAM Short Arrow.
- Japanese Type 93 Close Arrow renamed Kin-SAM Closed Arrow.

GENERIC wrote:- BLUFOR RBS 70 missile (both MANPAD & vehicle-mounted)'s HE power increased from 3 to 4.
- Japanese Type 91 missile (both MANPAD & vehicle-mounted)'s range increased from 2275m to 2450m.

LOG wrote:- Chinese Z-5 (command helicopter) price reduced from 105$ to 100$.

RECON wrote:- Polish ZWIADOWCY weapon changed (back) from a regular to a shock rifle.
- E-German Grenzer price reduced from 15$ to 10$, training displayed as militia

INFANTRY wrote:- Suppressed weapons (Chinese Type 64 SMG & Type 85 SMG, Commonwealth L34A1) don't make noise anymore and won't reveal the unit when shooting (!! the MG still make noise !!).
- Aiming time of thermobaric rockets for infantry increased from 0.6s to 1s.

- REDFOR RPO Rys HE power reduced from 6 to 4.
- Chinese FHJ-84 HE power reduced from 4 to 3.
- E-German AGI 3x40 HE power reduced from 4 to 3.

- BLUFOR M202 Flash HE power reduced from 4 to 3.
- Japanese KUTEI and KUTEI '90 veterancy increased by 1 level to match other elite infantry units.
- Japanese PSAM price increased from 20$ to 25$.
- Norwegian LHV base availability fixed from 12 to 32.
- Danish HAER HJEMMEVAERNET number of cards fixed from 2 to 1 like the other reserve units.

TANK wrote:- Polish T-34/85 base availability fixed from 40 to 32 as other T-34.

- American M60 ERA size fixed from normal to big as other M60.

SUPPORT wrote:- AA vehicles Ground Optics set set to Normal to detect helicopters from further away.

- American Chaparrals (all of them)'s air optics fixed from medium to good as other AA unit without radar.
- Japanese Tan-SAM range increased from 2800m/2275m to 3325m/2625m
- Japanese Tan-SAM loadout incresed from 4 to 8 missiles.
- Japanese Tan-SAM base avialability reduced from 8 to 6.
- Japanese Tan-SAM price increased from 45$ to 65$.
- Japanese Closed Arrow price increased from 50$ to 55$.

VEHICLES wrote:- REDFOR BTR-152 variants' price increased from 5$ to 10$.
- Chinese ZSL-56 numbre of cards available increased from 2 to 9 to make chinese Motorized deck viable.
- Soviet BTR-70 Zhalo number of ammo increased from 20 to 30.
- Soviet BTR-70 Zhalo is now available in Airborne decks.
- Soviet BTR-70 Zhalo rate of fire increased from 10 to 20 rpm!
- Soviet BTR-70 Zhalo price incresed from 25$ to 30$.
- Soviet 2S15 Norov base availability increased from 12 to 16.

- American M2, M2A1 & M2A2 Bradley's optics incresed from Bad to Normal.
- American V-150 76mm price reduced from 30$ to 25$
- American V-150 90mmm price reduced from 35$ to 25$.
- W-German Marder 1A3 top armor increased from 1 to 2.
- Swedishv Tgb m/42 price increased from 5$ to 10$.
- Danish M6 Mosegris price increased from 5$ to 10$.
- British FV601 Saladin price reduced from 20$ to 15$.

HELO wrote:- Chinese Z-9A HJ-8 price reduced from 85$ to 70$.
- Chinese Z-9A TY-90 price reverted to 90$, it wasn't supposed to change.

- Danish Lynx price increased from 10$ to 15$.
- Norwegian Bell 204 price increased from 10$ to 15$.
- French Tigre HAP loadout fixed (rocket number was divided by 2 while mistral number was multiplied by 2).
- American Super Cobra's AIM-9M's anti-helo range increased from 2450m to 2800m.

PLANES wrote:- HE bombs damage and stress pattterns reworked : small bombs will be more efficient and 1000kg bombs will be less efficient.
- All the iron bombs now do the same stress value but the radius of effect increase with the weight of the bomb.
- Cluster bombs supression radius increased a bit.
- Cluster bombs supression value increased from 100 to 300.
- Napalm bombs supression damage on impact reduced, stress and damage over time stay the same.
- SEAD accuracy globaly increased by 25%.

- HE power of S-5 rockets on planes increased from 1 to 2.
- Soviet Mig-29S cluster bombs replaced by 4x FAB500 dumb bombs, price increased from 125$ to 135$.

- Swedish SK60 missile guidance fixed, the RB05 used to lose control from the start.

NAVAL wrote:- BLUFOR F-16 base availability incresed from 2 to 3

Anyways, seems to be a lot of good changes. I guess SEAD is going to make a come back...just when I start putting radar AA back into my decks, too. Good buff for Japanese AA. Silenced weapon buff, napalm launcher nerf, bombs rework back to late ALB standard (I hope). SK60 sentient missile fixed.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 6, 2014

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
HOLY gently caress.

Those Zhalo, S-5 and MiG-29 changes are loving gigantic for the Russians.

Also, that silenced SMG might be absolutely ridiculous given infantry stealth in buildings.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 6, 2014

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Awwww yeah.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Huh, the Soviet MiG-29 just got back into the game. Also, they increased the point efficiency of light tanks FURTHER gently caress.

The F-111E Raven, MiG-25BM and JH-7A Feibao are now terrifying ghost ninjas of the skies.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 6, 2014

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

BRDM-3/Zhalo/TOR Combo supremacy.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How improved is the campaign from Airland Battle?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

How improved is the campaign from Airland Battle?

Well, I bothered to finish all of them instead of giving up on the last one like in ALB.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I like how the Sparouw internet defense force is now out in numbers. How dare I disregard the inane ramblings of some ~pro player~ who types like a 12 year old with brain damage. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shanakin posted:

BRDM-3/Zhalo/TOR Combo supremacy.

Not seeing the TOR seeing as it's up against 5 kilometer perfect vision TOW 2s.

• Locked thread