Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Lycus posted:

I don't think it's a good idea to watch the episodes off someone else's best-of list or whatever, anyway. I would say to just watch them as they go.

Yes, the best episodes are only great with some familiarity with the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They're all on Netflix so it's mot like you have to hunt them down. I'm not as big a Sunny fan as most prople around here but I still think it was worth it to watch them alll.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's the one, gracias.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the 24 thread title a true thing :catstare:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

No, a couple of people confused Yvonne Strahovski with Elisha Cuthbert.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

zoux posted:

No. (but she does look like her)

For the record, it's pretty decent so far. Not amazing, but perfect :munch: television.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

EL BROMANCE posted:

Louie is back tonight for a new season right? Because everywhere else on the internet seems to point to yes, but no thread and no chatter here...

Yeah two episodes each week. He sent out an email today to everyone signed up to his site.

Louis CK posted:

Hello friend.

This is Louis C.K. I'm a comedian. You know about me from something or other. Anyway, sorry to bother you. I just wanted to let you know that my series on FX, LOUIE, returns for it's fourth season tonight at 10pm. Tonight being Monday, May 5th. There will be 2 episodes tonight, 10 and 10:30 and there will be 2 episodes every Monday for the next 7 weeks.
I took a year off between last season and this one, mostly so I could have more time to do the show, to make it better. This season is very different from past seasons. The first three episodes are pretty typical of what we've done in the past, Self-contained stories. But the next 6 episodes after that are all connected in one story. Then we have a three part story and a two part story. So lots of… parts stories. Yeah.
Anyway, I just wanted to make you aware that the show is coming back tonight.
If you live in a part of the world that doesn't get the show at the same time then I'm sorry to bother you.
I hope you all have a great Spring and summer. Enjoy the show tonight.

Regards,

Louis CK

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Not gonna lie-- I wish Louie were my dad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nobody made a thread for Louie's final season? :psyduck:

The first episode was weirdly not very good. It's that whole "abstract not actually funny" thing he did in season 3, which I liked (the Miami episode is great), but it fell flat here. Hopefully the second ep is better.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

precision posted:

Nobody made a thread for Louie's final season? :psyduck:

The first episode was weirdly not very good. It's that whole "abstract not actually funny" thing he did in season 3, which I liked (the Miami episode is great), but it fell flat here. Hopefully the second ep is better.

Aw what, it's the final season?!

Also you're crazy about the first episode falling flat, that opening with the garbage men had me cracking up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fancy Hat! posted:

Aw what, it's the final season?!

Also you're crazy, that opening with the garbage men had me cracking up.

Yeah the garbage man part was great, and so was the dildo conversation in the round table.

Eyyy, it's Jerry freakin' Seinfeld! Episode 2 is a lot better so far, worry averted.

I was going to make a thread where the OP just says "Louie's final season is airing Mondays at 10pm on FX" but I'm not sure an intentional no-effort OP would be obvious or just dumb.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Chickens are dumb.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Because all of you somehow have slaves still..."

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Is this actually the final season? :(

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It's not the final season, guys. It'd be a way bigger deal if it was.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

foxatee posted:

Is this actually the final season? :(

I thought it was, but I think I was just confused because I can't find anything that says so. Never mind then.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yvonne Strahovski is one of the new characters on 24 and now she's on the second episode of Louie.

Someone better tell Patton Oswald she's moving in on his "be in every TV show" schtick.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Here a thread for show:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631818

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Yvonne Strahovski playing a CIA agent? What a stretch.

CaptainHollywood posted:

No. (but she does look like her)

For the record, it's pretty decent so far. Not amazing, but perfect :munch: television.

All blonde people look alike to me.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yvonne Strahovski playing a CIA agent? What a stretch.

All blonde people look alike to me.

The resemblance is there

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100618050453/24_/images/d/d4/KimBauerS7.jpg

http://www.24spoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Yvonne-Strahovski-24-Live-Another-Day.jpg

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

No, a couple of people confused Yvonne Strahovski with Elisha Cuthbert.

That's not what happened at all.

When I was stickying the thread, it got me nostalgic for when I used to make the 24 thread in the early TV IV days (and pre-TV IV days) and even back then, over ten years ago, people used to lose their poo poo when I would change the thread title to something they considered a spoiler. So I used to make up fake spoilers and name the thread that. Gettin all nostalgic up in heah

TL:DR - I just made some poo poo up off the top of my head when I was stickying the thread and it turned out to be very close to what actually happened.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

That's not what happened at all.

When I was stickying the thread, it got me nostalgic for when I used to make the 24 thread in the early TV IV days (and pre-TV IV days) and even back then, over ten years ago, people used to lose their poo poo when I would change the thread title to something they considered a spoiler. So I used to make up fake spoilers and name the thread that. Gettin all nostalgic up in heah

TL:DR - I just made some poo poo up off the top of my head when I was stickying the thread and it turned out to be very close to what actually happened.

Who even are you???

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
You can always tell a Milford mod

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I don't know, I watched a bit of the first season of Louie, and it didn't really click for me. Do people really like it that much? (I love his standup, by the way)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I personally wasn't big on the early episodes of Louie, but it hits its stride in the second half of season 1 with episodes like "Bully" and "God", before season 2 turns it into an absolutely incredible show.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Maybe I've become immune to lovely television but I'm four episodes into Californication and it's not terrible. I don't feel I'm actually hatewatching the show like I was with Weeds, Entourage, and Dexter. It's somewhere between ok and good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CaptainHollywood posted:

Maybe I've become immune to lovely television but I'm four episodes into Californication and it's not terrible. I don't feel I'm actually hatewatching the show like I was with Weeds, Entourage, and Dexter. It's somewhere between ok and good.
The first few seasons of Californication are good.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah the first few seasons have some genuinely nice moments, and Hank is actually an interesting character (sometimes). It's as the show goes on that they just kind of run out of ideas and start recycling entire plot arcs and the focus of most episodes becomes "What whacky adventures/awkward sex scene can we setup for Hank today?", until it eventually becomes an even dumber Entourage.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally got around to watching The Pacific this morning. On episode 2 and :stare:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

Californication has never sunk as low as Weeds, Entourage or Dexter did. Its biggest sin is that it just retreads old ground. A lot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Finally got around to watching The Pacific this morning. On episode 2 and :stare:

Yeah it was so dark I couldn't see poo poo the whole episode.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Dorkly posted:

Perhaps the worst thing Hitchcock ever did to a member of his crew was when he bet a random studio hand that he couldn't spend an entire night chained up inside the studio. When the guy agreed to the bet, Hitchcock spiked his drink with laxative and left him handcuffed him to a part of the set. The guy was apparently found the next day sobbing, covered in his own poo poo.

drat, restecp.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

NBC has quietly pulled Believe and Crisis from its May 18 schedule.

So expect both to be canceled.

http://www.avclub.com/article/nbc-pulls-crisis-and-believe-its-schedule-204277

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aww. I was really enjoying how Believe was turning out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

People make good shows for Showtime, then Showtime gets more involved and they start to suck.

This is how Showtime works.

Shameless owns because it never got big enough that Showtime dicked around with it a bunch.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

People make good shows for Showtime, then Showtime gets more involved and they start to suck.

This is how Showtime works.

Shameless owns because it never got big enough that Showtime dicked around with it a bunch.

I really hope the whole Dexter finale fiasco gets some executives fired.

It seems like Showtime is right there with HBO in terms of luring creative shows to their network but they're killing their own brand by dragging them out far too long.

And with Homeland going up for a 4th season (and with how its third season went), it looks like it is headed down the same path.

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

Is there going to be a Eurovision thread this year? I know there was one last year, but can't remember if it was here, in music or somewhere else entirely. If someone could clue me in on which forum I should be checking for it to pop up, I'd appreciate it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's in GBS.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Ravane posted:

drat, restecp.

Haha so you're ignorant of Alfred Hitchcock but you're quoting from the Ali G loving movie that five people saw? You're so full of poo poo, it's just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Midniter posted:

Haha so you're ignorant of Alfred Hitchcock but you're quoting from the Ali G loving movie that five people saw? You're so full of poo poo, it's just great.

Oh come off it. Hitchcock is ancient history. He probably should have known who he is just from cultural osmosis but this is getting old.

• Locked thread