Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

It's funny, this is true but then we also scream and cry about teams trying to play guys "out of position" like hold up. If the best player available is a power back and you don't need one do you draft him and ask him to fit your offense??

I used to hate BPA and disliked it immensely but I can't argue with results. The trick is finding who is actually the BPA at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Sweeney Tom posted:

When Teddy Bridgewater was 8, he promised his mom (who at the time had breast cancer) that if he ever made it to the NFL, he'd get her a pink Cadillac with pink rims.

2 days before the draft, and he kept his promise :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owVvvjwjW7g

That's so much nicer than the way it was presented to me via Drudge or whatever.

TEDDY BRIDGEWATER BUYS MOTHER PINK ESCALADE, TYPICAL BLACK PEOPLE BEHAVIOR

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fine, gently caress it. I want Baltimore to draft Teddy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

When Teddy Bridgewater was 8, he promised his mom (who at the time had breast cancer) that if he ever made it to the NFL, he'd get her a pink Cadillac with pink rims.

2 days before the draft, and he kept his promise :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owVvvjwjW7g

When I was eight, I didn't even loving know what a Cadillac was.

Also... this kinda blows away the Mothers Day gift Sheldon Richardson got his mom last year.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 6, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Fine, gently caress it. I want Baltimore to draft Teddy.

If he really falls and is there at 30, I'd seriously want the Niners to get him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think Bridgewater's the best to come out since 2010 but for Luck. If Joe Flacco weren't the perfect man I would be thrilled about how badly the NFL is undervaluing him.

Actually make that 09, Stafford is meh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

something something lol defense

@RapSheet
From talking with Sammy Watkins today: The #Lions have made it clear to him they are very serious about potentially trading up for him.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Chilichimp posted:

When I was eight, I didn't even loving know what a Cadillac was.

I see you had a terrible, Micro Machine-less childhood.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ozu posted:

something something lol defense

@RapSheet
From talking with Sammy Watkins today: The #Lions have made it clear to him they are very serious about potentially trading up for him.

Do it Mayhew do it do it loving do it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pure smoke. I refuse to believe that any team is stupid enough to let their true intentions be known 2 days before the draft.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Pure smoke. I refuse to believe that any team is stupid enough to let their true intentions be known 2 days before the draft.

Ozu posted:

The #Lions

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let me introduce you to the Detroit Lions...

But yeah, I'm sure you're right. RIP hopes of getting Watkins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If it was anyone else...

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I both want and don't want Bridgewater to fall.

If the Texans can wrangle both Bridgewater and Clowney I would probably not live to see the season.

But watching him fall low enough for a trade to be reasonable would be heart breaking

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think Bridgewater's the best to come out since 2010 but for Luck.

this loving thread

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I actually kinda want the Chiefs to draft Derek Carr, just because Alex Smith would probably have Vietnam flashbacks to this.

http://youtu.be/r_N5TCcAjkQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I both want and don't want Bridgewater to fall.

If the Texans can wrangle both Bridgewater and Clowney I would probably not live to see the season.

But watching him fall low enough for a trade to be reasonable would be heart breaking

So what you're saying is death is the only sure result of either outcome.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sweeney Tom posted:

Likely through drinking in either outcome as well

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The only disappointing thing the Chiefs can do is draft Kelvin Benjamin. I'm even more okay with a guard

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sweeney Tom posted:

I've accepted that I'm likely going to die for a team that started playing NFL football 12 years ago.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Okay, it feels like I'll never be done because I think of things to look at faster than I can look at them but here is my updated historical draft analysis (you can skip to about halfway down if you read my long post 20ish pages ago, though I cleaned up some of the graphics) http://www.bradybutterfield.com/nfl/?p=1

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Groucho Marxist posted:

this loving thread

Forgot about Wilson, third best.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Sammy Watkins is going to get drafted by the Browns and then demand a trade to the Lions.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Sammy Watkins is going to get drafted by the Browns and then demand a trade to the Lions.

Post plus username combo.

Hoping Goodell enters the theater to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NTW4ZgR1g

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man all this smoke is going to look pretty stupid when Bridgewater goes in the top 10

e: Who am I kidding, he'll fall to the second round, I'll laugh and have a big grin on my face all day Friday, then the Texans will take loving Derek Carr

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 6, 2014

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know it's super unlikely to happen....but I don't know how I feel about the rumors of the Eagles grabbing Manziel. I was starting to warm up to Nicky Foles :(

Manziel seems like a punk rear end anyways. That's my scientific pre-draft analysis of Johnny Manziel.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Intruder posted:

Man all this smoke is going to look pretty stupid when Bridgewater goes in the top 10

e: Who am I kidding, he'll fall to the second round, I'll laugh and have a big grin on my face all day Friday, then the Texans will take loving Derek Carr

Top five probably.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Parmesan Basil posted:

Top five probably.

I'm hedging a bit :shobon: I could easily see JFF to the Jags and Bridgewater to the Browns or Raiders though

I do think JFF may have vaulted to #1 QB drafted though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This is a good call. Don't be stuck on camera in the NFL Draft.

quote:

@markjburns88

Ex-Missouri Tiger, Michael Sam, has declined both ESPN/NFL Network's efforts to get a camera w/ him during draft days. Not a surprise here.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I'm hedging a bit :shobon: I could easily see JFF to the Jags and Bridgewater to the Browns or Raiders though

I do think JFF may have vaulted to #1 QB drafted though

This isn't saying much, but based on media hype and what little interest I've paid to this year QBs I'd guess:

Top 10: Bridgewater
Top 15: JFF
1st round: Carr
2nd round+: Everyone else.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
This is really really cool, the Seahawks' UDFA pamphlet leaked.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2014/05/06/0ap2000000347146.pdf

Its really cool that one of the pages is, "Seahawks as an organization are the quickest and most willing to admit draft mistakes"

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Doltos posted:

Real talk everyone should go BPA every time. It works in the NBA and it works in the NFL too.

I'm a big fan of BPA as well, but I think sometimes its necessary to plug an obvious glaring hole if the person you could draft to fill that hole is of comparable but slightly lower rating than the BPA. Like if for instance your #2 wide out is Chris Owusu or your current starting guard is Oniel Cousins. :cripes:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DupaDupa posted:

This is really really cool, the Seahawks' UDFA pamphlet leaked.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2014/05/06/0ap2000000347146.pdf

Its really cool that one of the pages is, "Seahawks as an organization are the quickest and most willing to admit draft mistakes"

Very smart idea, and I get that they probably all get free copies of Powerpoint, but you'd think someone up there could afford a Photoshop license.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is a good call. Don't be stuck on camera in the NFL Draft.

Did they really invite him to Day One? The NFL can be cruel.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No worries, even without Sam someone will be stuck in the green room until at least the late 2nd. I figure at least one of Cody Latimer and Jordan Matthews makes it to the third round.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breaking? Or just breaking.

@FoxSportsRadio
BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
It's a great week to be a Bucs fan. We sit 7th, and there are 7 players I'd be really happy with them choosing (Bridgewater, Manziel, Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Donald).

Of course the last time I felt this way was when Kuechley and Claiborne were still on the board when they picked in 2012 and they traded back and picked Barron instead.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ozu posted:

Breaking? Or just breaking.

@FoxSportsRadio
BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

With all my heart I want to believe that Chudz was fired for not wanting Manziel .

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I didn't think I could want JFF in Cleveland anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@RapSheet 57s
Mentioned earlier the #Jets are looking to trade up. Their target is the Top 10, and I’m told they are very hot on #LSU WR Odell Beckham.

the rumors are a-flyin

• Locked thread