Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Urahara better have used all of the special training himself. I'd love it if he is stronger then Ichigo was when he fought Aizen, the only thing that makes it so Ichigo can defeat the final big bad is either Quincy powers or Urahara's Bankai isn't really that great in combat or is really gimmicky and if its known its easy to counter, unfortunately he has to use it on someone else to stall for Ichigo so the big bad knows about it.

I love Kenpachi but Urahara knows way too much about increasing power levels to not be bullshit himself.

As for why no one else received this training Urahara is an exile and wanted by SS until very recently. I mean I'm not completely sure how the start of the manga with Rukia getting stuff from him works, but the Turn back the Pendulum mini arc made him out to be a wanted man. I just realized how long ago that was and how recent it still seems. That arc just told so much back story and is one of my favorites in the managa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

pixaal posted:

Urahara better have used all of the special training himself. I'd love it if he is stronger then Ichigo was when he fought Aizen, the only thing that makes it so Ichigo can defeat the final big bad is either Quincy powers or Urahara's Bankai isn't really that great in combat or is really gimmicky and if its known its easy to counter, unfortunately he has to use it on someone else to stall for Ichigo so the big bad knows about it.

I love Kenpachi but Urahara knows way too much about increasing power levels to not be bullshit himself.

As for why no one else received this training Urahara is an exile and wanted by SS until very recently. I mean I'm not completely sure how the start of the manga with Rukia getting stuff from him works, but the Turn back the Pendulum mini arc made him out to be a wanted man. I just realized how long ago that was and how recent it still seems. That arc just told so much back story and is one of my favorites in the managa.

I think Urahara approached Rukia and not the other way around, didn't he? Rukia had no way to contact Soul Society so she probably just assumed he was a Soul Society emergency contact who'd been positioned in the physical world, especially since he had all that stuff like the fake bodies and spirit ejecting pills ready to be used.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gyges posted:

Ichigo had Ghost Science and Ghost Tutors for every power up he got, so of course he was way beyond the curve. Even leaving out the crazy way he even became a Shinigami, he benefited from the help of Soul Society's greatest hits.

• Taught the basics by two former captains, one the noble head of the spec ops division and the other the smartest former Captain who created Ghost Science.
  • Obtained Bankai through special Ghost Science that cuts out almost all the hard work and time.
  • Received further experience through fighting a who's who of Soul Society's best fighters and Renji!.
  • Got some super special secret training from a faction of ex-Captains and Vice Captains.
  • Benefited from super double magic medical treatment the whole way that literally rejected his injuries from reality.
  • Got extra boosts via his unique heritage, among which is being a member of one of the noble houses. Also part noble Quincy and a Mad Ghost Science experiment.
  • Got direct hyperbolic time chamber training with a former captain who was explicitly telling him all the short cuts to super power ups.

Given all the bonuses and special factors Ichigo had it would be kind of silly if anyone ever had a chance of equaling his bullshit powers.
I fix for you, yes?

Kubo had better give Urahara his own chapter in the limelight. We need to see his ghostiest sword. He's also still one of my favorite characters. :)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Even Renji is better than Generic Soul Reaper Grunt #1231232.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Even Renji is better than Generic Soul Reaper Grunt #1231232.

Seeing someone lose is a great way to learn to win. :)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey, I haven't really been paying attention but I think Renji's the only lieutenant to have killed a Sternritter so far. :smuggo:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hey, I haven't really been paying attention but I think Renji's the only lieutenant to have killed a Sternritter so far. :smuggo:

Rukia did too

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Did Rukia become a lieutenant at some point?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

During the 17-month skip she became Captain Tuberculosis's lieutenant.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I seem to recall a certain Ken-something stacking Sternritters on his sword.

But it was probably diagonal slashes so they were probably fine!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bisse posted:

I seem to recall a certain Ken-something stacking Sternritters on his sword.

But it was probably diagonal slashes so they were probably fine!

Kenpachi is a lieutenant?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Minus Green posted:

During the 17-month skip she became Captain Tuberculosis's lieutenant.

I feel kind of bad for those two brown nosers who were competing for the position. They spent all that time working hard, not giving their powers to some random dude, not getting consigned to death row, and not sneaking away to Hueco Mundo just to get passed up by Rukia.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Wittgen posted:

I feel kind of bad for those two brown nosers who were competing for the position. They spent all that time working hard, not giving their powers to some random dude, not getting consigned to death row, and not sneaking away to Hueco Mundo just to get passed up by Rukia.

I'm pretty sure they left the second seat empty out of respect for Kaien, and then Ukitake finally got over his huge guilt thing and made Rukia vice-captain.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure they left the second seat empty out of respect for Kaien, and then Ukitake finally got over his huge guilt thing and made Rukia vice-captain.

Byakuya also said at the end of the Soul Society arc that he'd previously used his influence to stymie Rukia's promotion chances so she wouldn't end up getting eaten by a menos or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Byakuya also said at the end of the Soul Society arc that he'd previously used his influence to stymie Rukia's promotion chances so she wouldn't end up getting eaten by a menos or something.

Not that that ever made sense, as the higher ranked people seem to be sent into danger alone a lot less than the grunts.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Standard seat black robe shingami are just the red shirts of the Soul Society.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Kubo had better give Urahara his own chapter in the limelight. We need to see his ghostiest sword. He's also still one of my favorite characters. :)

Well we still haven't seen Urahara's banaki, and his shikai was able to injure Aizen (even if the hoagie just healed him up right quick).

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
yeah thats cool and all you guys, but i think i've cracked the real mystery of the series

after some hard thinking i think ive figured out how to say 'YWACH'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uy5UGNCGp0&t=12s

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I thought it was "Yoohabaha"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Serious Frolicking posted:

Not that that ever made sense, as the higher ranked people seem to be sent into danger alone a lot less than the grunts.

Byakuya is kind of stupid.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Anyone have a clip handy of that time Aizen stopped Ichigo's music? It was pretty cool.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Anyone have a clip handy of that time Aizen stopped Ichigo's music? It was pretty cool.

Yeah, got it here.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Caros posted:

Yeah, got it here.

Well thats what I get for not looking for it myself since the last time I tried last year.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Well thats what I get for not looking for it myself since the last time I tried last year.

Yeah... sorry for being a passive aggressive rear end. :)

It is a really entertaining clip.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What the gently caress happened to Yachiru?!! :mad:

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/579/3

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Jiro posted:

She going to end up being his sword

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Jiro posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/579/3

Maybe those chicks teleported away the cannon fodder with that lightning flash and did the same to Yachiru? At least I hope so and she's not like Ken's imagination or something.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Sternritter in the foreground looks like so much like Panty I can't unsee it anymore.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

slev posted:

If that ends up happening Kenpachi will be some sort of sword Matryoshka doll. His sword makes a girl who has a sword that makes other guys with swords.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

slev posted:

His bankai would then be her with her three imaginary friends?

That was a weird end for Gremmy.

Maybe Yachiru is dead and he will have to fight her zombie. :) The only way he could lose.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is definitely not a direction I expected to go in. It'd be very strange and not at all in Kubo's typical structure to have Kepachi fight these girl Sternritter next. Maybe Yachiru's getting a fight or Unohana's about to come back?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Plot twist: The rest of the series is just Kenpachi killing the poo poo out of Sternritter for a hundred chapters.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
God drat what a pointless chapter. Spent half the drat thing showing that Gremmy was a brain in a jar.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I hope he takes off his eyepatch and uses two hands soon.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Whelp. Time for Unohana.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Go bankai or go home.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

VJeff posted:

This is definitely not a direction I expected to go in. It'd be very strange and not at all in Kubo's typical structure to have Kepachi fight these girl Sternritter next. Maybe Yachiru's getting a fight or Unohana's about to come back?

I'm hoping Kenpachi does actually fight them right now. I don't think we've ever seen him fight anything but happy/bored. A Kenny pissed over Yachirou just laying waste could be fun.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gyges posted:

I'm hoping Kenpachi does actually fight them right now. I don't think we've ever seen him fight anything but happy/bored. A Kenny pissed over Yachirou just laying waste could be fun.

Seconding this. Frankly, it would make for a really good point for Kenpachi to just full :black101:, not even give a poo poo about his Bankai, and just wreck face left and right. With how anti-climactic the end of the Gremmy fight actually was, it'd be nice to see Ken actually get a "real" fight and fight for someone other than himself. It would actually make for an uncharacteristically nice end to Kenny's personal growth, I think.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... Well...... I guess part of my prediction was correct, at least.

Let's see how close the rest of it comes in future chapters. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just don't see Ken getting another fight. Either another captain or Urahara and the Arrancar will step in.

• Locked thread