Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Yay torture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sam's playing good cop :)

Edit: Crowley, you brilliant gently caress!

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 7, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Dean has Terminator powers, now.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Daaaaamn. This wasn't the finale even?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Next week: Abadon defeated by "Duck season, wabbit season" gag.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Is anyone else bothered by the whole Gavin thing? They used his ghost to find Crowley's bones to get Bobby's contract nulled. grr meaningless continuity!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rurutia posted:

Is anyone else bothered by the whole Gavin thing? They used his ghost to find Crowley's bones to get Bobby's contract nulled. grr meaningless continuity!

He mentioned in the episode that he buried Crowley. I didn't see anything that contradicted the other story, including the "hated him so much he'd give his bones to a stranger" part.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I suspect that's the part where time is getting hosed and Atropos is having a shitfit (wherever she is).

Was anyone else bothered by The Most Pathetic Angel? I mean, God made an army of cold-blooded celestial Terminators (we see the problems arise when Skynet wakes up, to continue this horrible metaphor ok I'll stop now), and one of them is just that hilariously incompetent? I guess it's better then Dean revisiting that toolset he got in Hell--speaking of which, I rolled my eyes when Dean says "you wouldn't understand" regarding his demonic superpowers he couldn't control that endowed him with an insatiable bloodlust to the person who had demonic superpowers he couldn't control that endowed him with a literal bloodlust (I'm surprised Crowley hasn't made that joke yet).

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

computer parts posted:

He mentioned in the episode that he buried Crowley. I didn't see anything that contradicted the other story, including the "hated him so much he'd give his bones to a stranger" part.

How could they summon his ghost in their past if Gavin doesn't die until their future?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they can't, and the ripple effect causes Dean to never have gone to Chicago, which means Death wiped it off the map, and we don't have to worry about Bloodlines! \:unsmith:/

FowlTheOwl
Nov 5, 2008

O thou precious owl,
The wise Minervas only fowl
Maybe the ghost would get shipped to the past? To correct the timeline and put him where he should be.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rurutia posted:

How could they summon his ghost in their past if Gavin doesn't die until their future?

I thought Crowley brought him back to the past in that last scene?

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

computer parts posted:

I thought Crowley brought him back to the past in that last scene?

I think it was Montana

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Hahaha, Crowley sold his soul for a bigger penis. Gotta say, that's the only surefire way to increase your penis size.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

mcswizzle posted:

I think it was Montana

Yeah it was definitely the present. Not sure on actual location.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I honestly thought this episode was as bad as last week's. This show is now just a caricature of it self which is seriously saying something because this show is Supernatural.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to characters making bad/dumb decisions but the Winchesters not killing Crowley was straight-up bullshit and explained away in the flimsiest way possible.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Seams posted:

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to characters making bad/dumb decisions but the Winchesters not killing Crowley was straight-up bullshit and explained away in the flimsiest way possible.

I mean, you're totally right, those characters should have killed him. But I can forgive them 'cause Crowley's a great character to have on the show. And frankly, if Dean and Sam were a little smarter and a little less righteous than they are, they'd probably decide to let him keep ruling hell. Infernal power struggles don't do anyone any good, and Crowley's a pretty good king of hell, as far as those things go. Sure, he personally kills a few dozen people here and there, but mostly he's interested in keeping the status quo of how the realms inter-operate and that's in everyone's interest.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm glad he wasn't killed. But the Winchester's plan from the very beginning was to use Crowley to kill Abaddon and then when Crowley was done being useful, kill him as well. So it's weird that they let him go because he helped them, because they didn't have any qualms about planning to kill him in previous episodes while he was helping them. I guess I just wish he had tricked Sam and Dean into letting him go or something.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Seams posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm glad he wasn't killed. But the Winchester's plan from the very beginning was to use Crowley to kill Abaddon and then when Crowley was done being useful, kill him as well. So it's weird that they let him go because he helped them, because they didn't have any qualms about planning to kill him in previous episodes while he was helping them. I guess I just wish he had tricked Sam and Dean into letting him go or something.

Well, seeing how worried Sam is about Dean, it's possible that Sam also wanted to put off killing Crowley because otherwise Dean would have to pick up the blade again, and who knows what that would do to him.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

XboxPants posted:

Sure, he personally kills a few dozen people here and there, but mostly he's interested in keeping the status quo of how the realms inter-operate and that's in everyone's interest.

This is my thinking, as well. Heaven and Hell are cosmologically important concepts in this setting; they're supposed to exist. The threat of people like Abbadon, or Azazel back in the day, or certainly with Lucifer, was their ambition to spill Hell over into Earth and totally shift the balance of power.

Crowley isn't a dictator, he's a politician and an administrator. That's way less destabilizing.

Meanwhile, Metatron is the one who's done more damage than any demon...he decimated the population of angels and stopped the mechanism of death from working properly, since human souls can't leave the earth. I'm kind of surprised Death didn't show up to say, "nope. Can't let you do that." Maybe that'll be in the finale.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

XboxPants posted:

I mean, you're totally right, those characters should have killed him. But I can forgive them 'cause Crowley's a great character to have on the show. And frankly, if Dean and Sam were a little smarter and a little less righteous than they are, they'd probably decide to let him keep ruling hell. Infernal power struggles don't do anyone any good, and Crowley's a pretty good king of hell, as far as those things go. Sure, he personally kills a few dozen people here and there, but mostly he's interested in keeping the status quo of how the realms inter-operate and that's in everyone's interest.

I mean even though Crowley constantly screws them over when ever they deal with him, their dealings with him usually do seem to end up with in a net positive. They're not going to shut down hell completely right now so why not keep him around rather than let someone else take the key to hell and do whatever. Better the devil you know and all that. Can't even remember the actual reason Dean and Sam gave though, Wasn't it just basically 'Can't be bothered thinking about it now, figuring it out now later'?

If so, the total lack of any sort of thought or planning seems very much in character. Thinking things ahead really isn't their strong suite and to their credit they do seem to go out of their way to try and do it as little of it as possible.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I would agree that right now Metatron is a way bigger threat than Crowley. At the moment, Crowley's going to have his hands full killing Abaddon's supporters and getting things back in line. Meanwhile, Metatron's gameplan has the potential to be way more harmful to humanity as a whole. Crowley is trying to get crap back to the status quo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I know know it's Season 10 or whatever but how the gently caress do you have a storyline about the mark of Kane that does not include brother murder?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Subterfrugal posted:

I know know it's Season 10 or whatever but how the gently caress do you have a storyline about the mark of Kane that does not include brother murder?

There's still like 3 episodes to go, plus it's not a guarantee that Dean will be mark-less next season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Everyone can rest easy, Bloodlines wasn't picked up:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/the-cw-greenlights-the-flash-izombie-jane-the-virgin-the-messengers/261858/

Wonder if we'll get a follow up episode next season though.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Teek posted:

Everyone can rest easy, Bloodlines wasn't picked up:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/the-cw-greenlights-the-flash-izombie-jane-the-virgin-the-messengers/261858/

Wonder if we'll get a follow up episode next season though.

:woop: We can completely forget about that episode now.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
I believe Jensen Ackles said Dean would still be pretty darkside well into S10, so the Cain plotline will still probably reach fruition.

e: f;b

You know what probably won't, though? Bloodlines. The CW apparently passed on it. There is hope :unsmith:

Also seconding that they probably held off on killing Crowley because Dean's bloodlust was weirding Sam out. It's probably not a good idea to kill Crowley at this point, either, considering that'll probably cause Hell to go bonkers. Kinda wish Abaddon hadn't been given the Eve treatment, though. Felt a little anticlimactic for someone who started the season with demon soldiers and had soul-harvesting operations set up around the world.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

It really bothered me this whole "Gotta kill Crowley" kick they're on. It's just not a practical idea for the reasons stated already and I have no idea why it was even brought up in the first place.

I agree that it's a shame about Abaddon getting the axe so early. She was genuinely intimidating and a formidable threat. To get Jedi'd before the finale is just a bummer. :(

Since they passed on Bloodlines, maybe we'll get the Gabriel Balthazar Garth buddy comedy spin off that the world needs.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

What was the point of wasting an episode of Supernatural on a show that wasn't even picked up yet?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Oasx posted:

What was the point of wasting an episode of Supernatural on a show that wasn't even picked up yet?

That's the point of a backdoor pilot. Limited risk and if the reaction was good they know they have a hit on their hands.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

I agree that it's a shame about Abaddon getting the axe so early. She was genuinely intimidating and a formidable threat. To get Jedi'd before the finale is just a bummer. :(

I dunno. I really liked her, but honestly she was kind of an idiot brute and got exactly the kind of ending she deserved.

If she was smart she would have teamed up with the Winchesters rather against them. Crowley did.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Ravane posted:

:woop: We can completely forget about that episode now.

Now Sam and Dean can go back to Chicago and kill every super-dramatic monster in the city! Yay!!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Vorgen posted:

Now Sam and Dean can go back to Chicago and kill every super-dramatic monster in the city! Yay!!

Honestly, if this was the plot of Season 10 I'd be excited. Shoot on location in Chicago and have the boys bring down all the monster families.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If there's not at least a throwaway joke about how "we missed out on the bloodbath in Chicago with the other Hunters" I'll be disappointed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I honestly thought this episode was as bad as last week's. This show is now just a caricature of it self which is seriously saying something because this show is Supernatural.

The bro wangst is just about unbearable now, and I can tolerate a lot when they give me the kind of :drat: poo poo that went down in this episode's climax.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That shot of Dean gutting Abbadon was badass.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

XboxPants posted:

I dunno. I really liked her, but honestly she was kind of an idiot brute and got exactly the kind of ending she deserved.

If she was smart she would have teamed up with the Winchesters rather against them. Crowley did.

Exactly. Walking into every room, she had exactly one plan: "Wreck poo poo." Plus, she was arrogant as all hell. It's like, really, Abaddon, you think the Winchesters haven't been chucked up against walls with demon powers before?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

Exactly. Walking into every room, she had exactly one plan: "Wreck poo poo." Plus, she was arrogant as all hell. It's like, really, Abaddon, you think the Winchesters haven't been chucked up against walls with demon powers before?

I guess she wasn't totally braindead, she did spy on Crowley and then use that info to get something to threaten him with, but if you're gonna be king of hell ya gotta be more than just the baseline level of clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

XboxPants posted:

I guess she wasn't totally braindead, she did spy on Crowley and then use that info to get something to threaten him with, but if you're gonna be king of hell ya gotta be more than just the baseline level of clever.

She relied on her immortality as a crutch and never really thought about outsmarting people.

Lucifer sort of did the same thing but he also had "destiny" on his side plus they at least nailed his "well, maybe Satan really isn't such a bad guy after all" aura.

• Locked thread