Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I dig it. I think the ponytail actually kinda adds to the shot. Besides the body shape, it does it's job of screaming "Ravager is a girl!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Gatito posted:

Quick and dirty.

Good job, but her neck looks like she got a tracheostomy due to years of smoking, then a plastic surgeon decided to make it into a vagina.

Edit: But that's how it originally looked I guess.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 4, 2014

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Honestly I think the problem is that the mask is so bulky it makes her head look gigantic compared to her body. Glau is super skinny, and with a skin-tight outfit emphasizing that and this giganto mask making her head twice its normal size, it gives her a somewhat comically cartoonish look.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gatito posted:

Quick and dirty.

Man her giant freaking eyes are creepy in that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Habibi posted:

Honestly I think the problem is that the mask is so bulky it makes her head look gigantic compared to her body. Glau is super skinny, and with a skin-tight outfit emphasizing that and this giganto mask making her head twice its normal size, it gives her a somewhat comically cartoonish look.

I wonder if they even tried to do it with just a bandana.

The thing that's clear though is that it's mostly Glau's face that's making it look off.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kin posted:

The thing that's clear though is that it's mostly Glau's face that's making it look off.

Eh, I dunno about that. I kind of doubt that any woman would look especially good wearing a skin-tight helmet...thing that gives the illusion that she's bald. Without a hood or some hair showing to make it look like it's actually someone's head, it ends up just being this big dome on top of a skinny body, and that's not exactly a flattering look.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

VDay posted:

Eh, I dunno about that. I kind of doubt that any woman would look especially good wearing a skin-tight helmet...thing that gives the illusion that she's bald. Without a hood or some hair showing to make it look like it's actually someone's head, it ends up just being this big dome on top of a skinny body, and that's not exactly a flattering look.

Plenty of people have worn skin tight headgear without ending up looking like The Leader and the "dome" look is probably more to do with the shape of her forehead, which is quite large. Plus as soon as you cover up her eyes and mouth, the mask actually starts to look a bit better.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gatito posted:

Quick and dirty.

You now have a choice of gimp or lady gimp.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VDay posted:

I mean it's a pretty big forehead.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gatito posted:

Quick and dirty.

That is much, much, better.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XboxPants posted:

I mean it's a pretty big forehead.

More like a fivehead yuk yuk

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

James R posted:

It's not that bad!

The helmet is balding.

Shortening the orange section would have done a lot to make Ravager look less like a bobble head doll of a middle aged man.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James R posted:

It's not that bad!

The geometry of the helmet is all wrong and that might be what makes it look so silly. Look at the comic version, the face hole follows the angle of the cheekbones down in a V shape forming a tip at the nose. Much like Batman's mask. In the TV version the tip is well above the nose and angles downwards the way jowls would hang, or wrinkles would form on an old face. It's just not psychologically menacing. Glau has a naturally big forehead but the vertical line straight up the center makes it look WAY more exaggerated since it hides the transition from forehead to the top of the skull. Top left image is an especially bad example of this.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I can't wait until the in depth discussions of face geometry and Laurel's costume start.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ravane posted:

What is female deathstroke called? Deathrub?

Deathschlick

And y'all just jealous of us fiveheads and our big brains.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

While most realized it would happen (possibility of Malcom showing up to take names), the DC twitter feed just dropped a spoiler bomb. :ughh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

While most realized it would happen (possibility of Malcom showing up to take names), the DC twitter feed just dropped a spoiler bomb. :ughh:

Yeah, there's spoilers on FB too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

teagone posted:

That's in the preview and while yes I know about the ultraorthodox no spoiler people, the dudes that make previews assume most people are gonna watch 'em.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, there's spoilers on FB too.

The last line of the finale is "I love you." Could this be the start of a new love affair between Merlyn and Thea?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The article that the DC twitter feed links to also spoils that when Sara shows back up with Nyssa, they're bringing the League of Assassins with them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
To be fair though, all these spoilers abounding are kinda like having someone spoil a basketball game by telling you both teams are going try and shoot baskets.

I mean, really. It's the goddamn Green Arrow. I can say there's going to be an alien in the show next season and I poo poo you not there probably will be because that's just what the writers do. :black101:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hcreight posted:

The article that the DC twitter feed links to also spoils that when Sara shows back up with Nyssa, they're bringing the League of Assassins with them.

I think this had sort of been telegraphed and not a big surprise.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Nah, it's not, but I boxed it anyway lest people flip put.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Have you guys ever noticed that Felicity has a hella weird face?

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
Be careful A Cartoon Duck, this thread does not do well when talking about women's faces.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

a cartoon duck posted:

Have you guys ever noticed that Felicity has a hella weird face?

A Cartoon Duck, you have failed this thread!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think what we should take away from this is that when you think about it everybody has a super weird face

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Drifter posted:

To be fair though, all these spoilers abounding are kinda like having someone spoil a basketball game by telling you both teams are going try and shoot baskets.

I mean, really. It's the goddamn Green Arrow. I can say there's going to be an alien in the show next season and I poo poo you not there probably will be because that's just what the writers do. :black101:

Arrow is one of those shows where I don't get bothered by reading spoilers. Even when I already know about something coming up in an episode, it's still goddamn awesome.

And not that I want to spend five hundred pages talking about Glau's forehead, but I do think that her costume missed the mark, especially when compared to Nyssa's. Though I guess she won't be around much longer anyways?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I don't really consider promos for upcoming episodes to be spoilers, I mean the assumption is that most people are going to watch next week's trailer at the end of each show, and it is the first thing I do after finishing an episode. To me it's not so much a spoiler; it's more akin to a kind of foreplay a week before the sex.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rarity posted:

I think what we should take away from this is that when you think about it everybody has a super weird face

Some faces are weirder than others. Felicity's isn't though.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

And what's the deal with Ollie's facial hair???

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Oliver-in-mourning had darker hair than usual.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Arrow facebook page posted this clip earlier. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=396204243850947

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Drifter posted:

Martian Manhunter confirmed for season 3!! :unsmigghh:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who cares about spoilers for the green arrow? We all know it.

So excited for this show

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

Martian Manhunter confirmed for season 3!! :unsmigghh:

They color coordinate. BFFs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't wait for Ollie to be watching his town burn, and Merlyn sits down next to him and smugly declares "Oliver Queen, you have failed this city." THen he air guitars to Dead Kennedy's Kill the Poor

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If anything, this whole debacle is proof that what Merlyn did only made things worse, and he's gonna have to face that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually Ollie and Malcolm will go to a trendy restaurant and talk over their differences like sane adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

David D. Davidson posted:

Actually Ollie and Malcolm will go to a trendy restaurant and talk over their differences like sane adults.

"Whew, Ollie! Boy, we really let our excitement get in the way of us trying to work through our problems, eh?"

• Locked thread