Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LEGO Genetics posted:

So, I'm going through the motions of trying to breed out an Aegislash but I'm having trouble trying to get 5IV with 0 in Speed. I have a few 6IV Dittos I brought up from Diamond/Black that I use and a a 3IV Brave Doublade I use as the mother, but so far I've been getting 5IV with all except HP. Would it be easier to selectively breed until I have two Honedge with 5IV in everything but speed first or should I bother trade thread for a Ditto with no Speed?

If you're okay with having a dump stat I have three 31/31/xx/31/31/0 Quiet Honedges that I bred up a few months ago. They have Wide Guard as well thanks to an inconveniently long breeding chain (Mantine -> Mudkip -> Turtwig -> Paras -> Dwebble -> Honedge).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chimeric posted:

If you're okay with having a dump stat I have three 31/31/xx/31/31/0 Quiet Honedges that I bred up a few months ago. They have Wide Guard as well thanks to an inconveniently long breeding chain (Mantine -> Mudkip -> Turtwig -> Paras -> Dwebble -> Honedge).

I would be interested in one of those Honedges. I can't trade for about 5 more hours tho. If you pop over to the trade thread I have a link to a spreadsheet with all the pokes I have for trade.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Sup fuckers, it's charizard week :cool:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/463376606371647488

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

As far as Nintendo is concerned, it's always Charizard week. Call me back when it's Blastoise/Venusaur week. :sigh:

I do love me some CharY action though, goddamn <3

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Happy you week Charizard.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So is that guy supposed to be 4 foot nothing, or what

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Ignite Memories posted:

So is that guy supposed to be 4 foot nothing, or what

I think it's supposed to be of a ten year old.

VVV Now that you mention it, he does seem to be older.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 7, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I dunno, maybe I'm just nitpicking but that guy looks pretty stocky for being ten.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Maybe it's at the withers like how you measure dogs and horses?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
For the record, kids are harder to draw than adults. This is because the body redistributes its fat as a child grows up into an adult during puberty and all that. At least that's what they teach you in art school when you're doing portraiture and figure drawing.

In this case the artist drew an adult and with the power of scale (or the scale function of transform in Photoshop), made...that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think its mostly because he stuck to the canonical scale as cited in the pokedex which is ridiculously tiny for almost every 'mon.

Tyranitar isn't even six feet tall. Joltik is the size of a fingernail. Rapidash is about a foot shorter than any horse you could actually ride etc.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zore posted:

I think its mostly because he stuck to the canonical scale as cited in the pokedex which is ridiculously tiny for almost every 'mon.

Charizard is 5' 07" in the dex though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys to be fair, japanese people are much smaller.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Are there any plans to make it possible to play Super Training left handed? I can use a computer mouse right handed just fine but holding a pencil-shaped object with my right hand is super awkward. I can honestly say that this is the only game I've ever played where that's been a non-cosmetic issue.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Are there any plans to make it possible to play Super Training left handed? I can use a computer mouse right handed just fine but holding a pencil-shaped object with my right hand is super awkward. I can honestly say that this is the only game I've ever played where that's been a non-cosmetic issue.

Given that the joystick is on the left I don't see how they could do much to help. It does suck but mostly I've just gotten used to it, I'm sure my times are poo poo compared to someone who feels natural with it though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Try holding the stylus like a pointer rather than a writing utensil?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'll tell you my secret for left handed EV training, but you'll have to bring me a sick pokemon and about 56 BP

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

Tyranitar isn't even six feet tall. Joltik is the size of a fingernail. Rapidash is about a foot shorter than any horse you could actually ride etc.

I find it best to just ignore any numbers the Pokedex gives because Arceus knows the creators didn't give them any thought. Most pokemon are either tiny or hollow to account for what they write. That or, like Larvitar, they appear to be made of depleted uranium.

Besides, who wanted a dragon or turtle tank that a high schooler towers over?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
If Chrono Cross is any indication, the Japanese may just be bad at converting weights and measures.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

By this person.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What items would y'all hold onto if you were gonna restart the single player, aside from exclusive megastones?

edit: I haven't touched battle maison yet so don't have anything from there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This battle taught me two lessons.

1. Don't gently caress with Venomoth.

2. The most powerful force in the Pokemon universe is bulky Vaporeon.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What items would y'all hold onto if you were gonna restart the single player, aside from exclusive megastones?

Leftovers and lucky egg definately, maybe things like wide lens or expert belt if you feel like you may want dupes of those.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Vaporeon is pretty awesome as a wall. I used on in black and white during the game and I often sent it out to fight with plants and electric types. He can take it. (probably not recommended in competitive play)

I'm currently rolling with Mega Ampharos and that is one fabulous pokemon. :sparkles: Why does gamefreak love him so much as to give him a mega, even more a mega that looks like that.

Petting electric types in pokemon amie is good for your trainers health. :science:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm surprised he didn't just keep setting up Quiver Dances on you instead of wasting time with hazards and trying to use Sleep Powder when Sleep Clause was already active, although I guess at that point he didn't know for sure you weren't running Roar.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Any of the rare evolution-inducing items, such as Moon and Dusk stones.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

PSWII60 posted:

Leftovers and lucky egg definately, maybe things like wide lens or expert belt if you feel like you may want dupes of those.

One of my friends has a chansey safari so lucky egg is probably the most worthless "rare" item I have.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tardigrade posted:

Any of the rare evolution-inducing items, such as Moon and Dusk stones.

I just finished the pokedex, so all of those are long used up.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Knuc U Kinte posted:

don't forget blazikenite.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was gonna keep my Blazikenite, but I'm letting it go in protest of its absolutely retarded distribution. If they ever re-release it, I'll pick up another.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was gonna keep my Blazikenite, but I'm letting it go in protest of its absolutely retarded distribution. If they ever re-release it, I'll pick up another.

If you're actually gonna do that (I wouldn't suggest it)could I have it? One of my friends just bought the game and missed the event.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I know a nice dude who cloned his. Blazikenite for me and threw in a 6IV Torchic in the bargain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

Hoenn confirmed.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

:getin:

Here's hoping for online battle tower :unsmith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fix the water.

Also holy gently caress high quality Gen 3 trumpets...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
:shepspends: All of it... Give me all of it...

RELEASE THE TRUMPETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Picture yourself liking Mudkipz to the sound of high-quality midi trumpets.

I'm ready. :patriot:

AzureKing
Nov 2, 2012

One day I shall return to your side.

Spiffster posted:

:shepspends: All of it... Give me all of it...

RELEASE THE TRUMPETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc

God I hope they give Sceptile and Swampert mega-evos.

Maybe they'll even be good! R-right?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:hawaaaafap:

It's finally happening. I can't believe it.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Crusaderking posted:

God I hope they give Sceptile and Swampert mega-evos.

Maybe they'll even be good! R-right?

I hope so.. My Swampert from this gen would gladly love to send her offspring home to Hoenn to Megaevolve into an even bulkier tank. still holding a candle for Sap sipper Mega Swampert... :ohdear:

• Locked thread