Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Oh jeez those Kyogre and Groudon mega evolutions are gonna be so strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was about to shout at you for getting my hopes up again, but it's real this time! :swoon:

I hope those covers are hinting at Mega-Kyogre and Mega-Groudon.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Groudon looks more yellow. Kyogre has...a head crest.

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 7, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Can't wait for Extreme Emerald. I found my GBA cartridge for Emerald last month and had a lot of fun playing around on it again.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

It looks like Europe is getting the game in red/blue game cases, really hope they do that here in NA too. Of all the gens, I've found Gen 3 hardest to go back to after subsequent Gens (although I really enjoyed R/S/E when they came out), so I'm beyond excited for this.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Put Mega Swampert in the game, give him Sap Sipper.

Let's go :getin:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Can't wait for Extreme Emerald. I found my GBA cartridge for Emerald last month and had a lot of fun playing around on it again.

After all the trading up, I'm so glad that gen 3 didn't pull a 2 and hinge the save files on the same battery as the internal clock. It's nice to be able to still use the games.

But come November it won't matter as much! :woop:

JordanKai posted:

Put Mega Swampert in the game, give him Sap Sipper.

Let's go :getin:

Swampert bros for life

:cool::respek::cool:

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 7, 2014

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

MykonosFan posted:

It looks like Europe is getting the game in red/blue game cases, really hope they do that here in NA too.

Wait what's that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Want this. Want this so much.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

korusan posted:

Wait what's that?

"TENTATIVE PACKAGING", of course, but here: https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/464044837704974336 , it's like that in their video as well, compared to NOA's updates which have the standard color.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh man. What a day to play hooky from work! :woop: I get to see this announcement fresh!

I am so freaking excited! Hoenn is my favorite region and I've had a team picked out for months that I planned to use in the Gen3 remakes when/if they were announced!

Although my fondness for Gen3 might be partially due to the fact that it was the current gen when I met my now-husband. :3:

Regardless, so excited! I had planned to rock Torchic (always pick Torchic), Gardevoir, Breloom, Walrein, Manectric, and Aggron. All Hoenn Pokes, and at least two of those I've never used before... most of them I haven't used since Gen3. Let's do this!

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Those do look pretty cool. It's their revenge for all those years of lovely release dates I guess.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Maaaaaaan I wish America could get the cool colored boxes. :(

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Am I the only fan that's getting slightly sick of them recycling old worlds/stories? SS/HG and FR/LG I understand, everyone loved those titles. But come on, literally nobody liked Hoenn and I name you liar if you think you did.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You guys ready for Mega Charizard α and Mega Charizard Ω?

quote:

Am I the only fan that's getting slightly sick of them recycling old worlds/stories? SS/HG and FR/LG I understand, everyone loved those titles. But come on, literally nobody liked Hoenn and I name you liar if you think you did.

I will never understand people who like Johto. That region is loving terrible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Knuc U Kinte posted:

As a fan, in the grand scheme, yea I'm kinda tired of that too and wish they'd focus on new things.

As a fanboy nerdlord, though, I loved Hoenn you fuckin heretic and I'm excited to see one of my favorite generations get a 3d redo.

So basically if this was Diamond and Pearl I'd be with you but nope this is one of my favorites so the fanboy blinders are firmly strapped on.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My girlfriend got super excited hearing about it because her first Pokemon game was Sapphire and she loved the poo poo out of that. :shobon:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did. :colbert: And I name you fun-hater.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thankfully for me i've only ever played two Pokemon games, so this is all fresh, but I can understand fan frustration for those who have been playing the series since the beginning.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
I wonder if they will keep the trumpets? It's become a pretty iconic part of that generation and it would be wierd to remove them now.
I also wonder if it will be a full 3D remake or sprites?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

GSC blew rear end and Hoenn had treehouses. Fight me irl.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I am Reverend posted:

GSC blew rear end and Hoenn had treehouses. Fight me irl.

Look at this guy with the right opinions about pokemon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I feel like Hoenn had some neat locations - the volcano and ash covered route, there was a tree-tops town, and the one island you had to dive to get to. I don't remember it favorablely because of the water routes, lack of variety of pokemon, lack of pokemon I liked, and the fact I think I was cooling off on pokemon in general at the time I played it.

quote:

I wonder if they will keep the trumpets? It's become a pretty iconic part of that generation and it would be wierd to remove them now.
Safe bet it will be 3D like X&Y, reusing all those pokemon models.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
My pending team for Omega Ruby is a remake of my Gen 3 team. Swampert, Blazikin (hopefully Megastones can trade over and work here if swampert doesn't get one), Sceptile, Flygon, Metagross (Jirachi eventually replaced him, but I haven't had a Legend in my team since gen 4 so...) and Mightyena. (always like mightyena's design but man it's stats... :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Gen 3 was poo poo because it removed the day/night cycle and weekday specific events.

We have the technology to bring these back though. Gen 3 doesn't have to keep sucking. This is their chance to redeem the entirety of Hoenn.

E: if they bring back secret bases and make them internet-capable, holy poo poo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hoenn is like all the best parts of Pokemon and all the worst parts of Pokemon in extremes.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Raccoonboy posted:

It's certainly going to be 3D. They made an entirely new engine for X&Y, they're going to keep using it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I didn't love any of the Hoenn starters, I only tolerated Treecko. Other than that I loved Hoenn's region, the pokemon, the diversity, story, ect. The water routes were annoying, but I prefer water routes to caves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember struggling to reach the end of gen 3 because the region is loving atrocious but come on man Johto was just as bad.

I'm hoping the BRAND NEW WORLD or whatever means they changed things to be less terrible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving loved Sapphire as a kid, this rules.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I remember struggling to reach the end of gen 3 because the region is loving atrocious but come on man Johto was just as bad.

I'm hoping the BRAND NEW WORLD or whatever means they changed things to be less terrible.

Considering the whole mythos around Groudon and Kyogre is about creating land/sea or something I could see that being an excuse to change up the world a bunch.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Emerald is probably my favorite game, it's hard to get super-hype for remakes of a game that I still have though. :confuoot:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flameingblack posted:

I didn't love any of the Hoenn starters, I only tolerated Treecko. Other than that I loved Hoenn's region, the pokemon, the diversity, story, ect. The water routes were annoying, but I prefer water routes to caves.

I will admit the starters were the least interesting in generations, to me at least, but yea pretty much everything else was great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hopefully the whole "new story" thing means they have a new map that isn't a load of nonsense.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

One of the biggest only things I really liked about DPP that I hope they work into this game is Gym Leader interactions. In DPP you did something with almost all the Gym Leaders before fighting them to sort of get introduced to their character. I thought that was really neat. :3:

In RSE the only gym leaders you ever even really talk to are Wattson and and Wallace (and your dad I guess). It felt especially weird for Winona and the psychic twins because while you're working on defeating them nothing else is happening in the story either. The only thing I remember about RSE between the 5th and 8th gym are that you have to catch a Kecleon at one point.

For my money this is one of the biggest things GameFreak can improve on for the remake, but i'm a big sucker for aesthetics and character in games so maybe that's just me. v:shobon:v

Spiffster posted:

Swampert bros for life

:cool::respek::cool:

Hell yes! :hfive:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The return of Gen 3 Poke Contests :swoon:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
As someone who favors fire types I wasn't a fan of Hoenn, or Johto for that matter (Rapidash and Infernape aren't enough). I'm still going to get it anyway because I'm weak.

I hope they have walking pokemon like HG/SS did.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I still have my goddamn Sceptile from 2003, this is gonna be great

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've played pretty much every Pokemon game since the age of 4. I've enjoyed all of them and looking forward to an improved 3D world of Hoenn. Doesn't matter, new games/region will probably coming 2015 anyway, so this is a nice step on the Gen VI ladder.

Also :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MrAristocrates posted:

I still have my goddamn Sceptile from 2003, this is gonna be great
Yup. I have a Shiny Flygon that's made it from Sapphire all the way to Pokemon X. :3:

• Locked thread