Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They better actually port over all the cool poo poo that RSE had, though. I want the rad battle frontier, the contests, and secret bases. Secret bases not being in x/y was really foolish because it would have given the game some actual Streetpass functionality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Get ready for Wingulls in glorious 3d :effort:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
:colbert: Hoenn is my favorite. RBG was pretty broken, and GSC had issues with it's difficulty curve being total nonsense. RSE was the first game that actually seemed like a challenge without the difficulty just jumping off a cliff at a certain point. And water aside, it's a great map.

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like Hoenn had some neat locations - the volcano and ash covered route, there was a tree-tops town, and the one island you had to dive to get to. I don't remember it favorablely because of the water routes, lack of variety of pokemon, lack of pokemon I liked, and the fact I think I was cooling off on pokemon in general at the time I played it.

Here's hoping they at least toss in guys that aren't in the Hoenn dex into some routes. Wasn't it the one where you had to get halfway through the game to find any fire types beyond torchic?

Simsmagic posted:

The return of Gen 3 Poke Contests :swoon:

OH MY GOD! I still have all my guys for my contests! My Kyogre is a master of beauty. :3:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurieg posted:

As someone who favors fire types I wasn't a fan of Hoenn, or Johto for that matter (Rapidash and Infernape aren't enough). I'm still going to get it anyway because I'm weak.

I hope they have walking pokemon like HG/SS did.

Uh... Johto had more than just the Infernape and Rapidash lines; that was Sinnoh (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).

Guess this means one of these days I need to get around to transferring all of my old Gen III stuff up to Gen VI.

Simsmagic posted:

I still have a Regirock from Ruby named "Grimm" who is maxed out in both Toughness and Cuteness. :allears:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Simsmagic posted:

In X/Y we got to put hats on our character, in OR/AS we get to put hats on our Pokémon.

:pray:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
One of the things with Hoenn is that you couldn't transfer anyone from Gens 1 or 2, and FR/LG weren't released until a year later, so a lot of the Pokemon everyone was familiar with were suddenly completely unavailable; that's not a problem this time, both because of backwards compatibility and trading.

We've also got quite a few Mega evolutions native to Hoenn (Aggron, Manectric, Mawile, Banette, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Medicham, also Gyarados and Pinsir can be caught in-game), and plus whatever new Mega Evos gamefreak comes up with.

JordanKai posted:

Put Mega Swampert in the game, give him Sap Sipper.

Let's go :getin:
This is gonna be fun.:getin:

I wonder how the game will deal with Pokemon caught in Gen three Hoenn. Oh, that reminds me, you can now take your guys on a Pokemon world tour.
Hoenn->Orre->Kanto->Sinnoh->Johto->Unova->Kalos->Hoenn.
:getin:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They better not make the contests super dumb like in Diamond/Pearl.

As long as secret bases and good contests make it in, I'm really happy about this. Also, I hope that they don't stick gates in-between each route like they have been doing, because my favorite thing about Hoenn was how diverse the routes were while still transitioning naturally. Having those gates is like cheating.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
What if they not only bring back Gen 3 contests, but make it so you can challenge 3 other people online at them?

Basically what if literally any of the social garbage from gen 3 were just online now? I would sink more time into this than I did X/Y :psyduck:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Notice Kyogre has the Greek symbol for Alpha on it (as does the Japanese logo), and Groudon has the Greek symbol for Omega on it

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't see them not putting Pokeblock making online.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
gently caress YES my favorite generation and region! :flashfap: Hoenn being remade on the 3DS...yes yes yes. :allears:

With X/Y being so great and now R/S REMAKES, Gen. VI will no doubt be one of the best generations for me.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.
I hope we get Move Tutors with Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. :ohdear:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

fade5 posted:

We've also got quite a few Mega evolutions native to Hoenn (Aggron, Manectric, Mawile, Banette, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Medicham, also Gyarados and Pinsir can be caught in-game), and plus whatever new Mega Evos gamefreak comes up with.

Alakazam too, plus Heracross so they can keep the stupid exclusivity of the stones true to XY (and probably wind up having the same one for Sapphire as Y just to screw with me)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

korusan posted:

Notice Kyogre has the Greek symbol for Alpha on it (as does the Japanese logo), and Groudon has the Greek symbol for Omega on it

Yeah, lowercase alpha and uppercase omega, what is this inconsistency. :argh:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Another dude who had Gen 3 as their fave. Emerald is my particular of the three, but Sapphire was also the one I got in on that gen with, so I will gladly pick up Alpha. Can imagine they'll announce more news proper at E3, and this is mostly to get people hyped and tuning in.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

This was leaked ages ago and was in the last place anyone would ever think to look; the IGN forums

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remakes-come-out.452842335/

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I knew it was coming eventually. Soon the karate chicken with face his reckoning once the others receive the power of megas!! Ahahaha!!

Well, probably not unless Speed Boost is nerfed, but I don't care, we're getting something better than GSC as a remake, so WOOO!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This means I'll be able to get the Golems again!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

MykonosFan posted:

This was leaked ages ago and was in the last place anyone would ever think to look; the IGN forums

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remakes-come-out.452842335/

...Son of a bitch.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It figures the first notification I get about this game is when all the Japanese accounts I follow retweeted Masuda's announcement.

Ruby/Sapphire are the only games in the series I don't have any fond memories of because Highschool and somehow not realizing they had made a GBA version until 2008. Hopefully this will be less painful to play.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Well I'm pretty hype for new Hoenn. Or more importantly, Mega Slaking :getin:

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Glad they remaking the worst games.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Ruby and Sapphire were the games that introduced me to Pokemon. This is gonna be so great, gonna sweep the E4 with my level 90 Delcatty just like the first time :getin:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Thunder Sheep posted:

They already remade the worst games.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Thunder Sheep posted:

They're doing Ruby and Sapphire, not Diamond and Pearl

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I wonder if after this the cycle will collapse in on itself and we'll get Pokemon Burning Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green for the 3ds.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

korusan posted:

They're doing Ruby and Sapphire, not Diamond and Pearl Black and White

Fixed that for you. Oh god I really couldn't stand last gen...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thunder Sheep posted:

Why would they remake the games they just made?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

I wonder if after this the cycle will collapse in on itself and we'll get Pokemon Burning Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green for the 3ds.

It's becoming another yearly release series at this point. Prior to this, the main games at least enjoyed two years as the primary game in the series before a remake or third version came out. We'll have the sequels/Z next year, and the year after that they'll do Diamond and Pearl

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Why would they remake the games they just made?

X and Y's weakness was that they didn't have enough to do after the plot was over if you're not a competitive player. Despite this I still have like 600 hours clocked on my fictional neon animal game and I'm sure it's something that would be resolved with a Z version.

quote:

and the year after that they'll do Diamond and Pearl.
Generally they limit the remakes to one per generation but with no new handheld in sight and the advent of PokeBank the generational lines might wind up blurred the next few years.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Thunder Sheep posted:

I assume you were confused by the similarities in colour scheme but Ruby/Sapphire isn't the same as Red/Blue.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Dehry posted:

It's becoming another yearly release series at this point. Prior to this, the main games at least enjoyed two years as the primary game in the series before a remake or third version came out. We'll have the sequels/Z next year, and the year after that they'll do Diamond and Pearl

I doubt that. The only remakes we've gotten so far came for systems that weren't capable of playing the older games anymore. Unless they come out with a successor for the 3DS that isn't compatible with DS games anymore, we should be fine up to gen 4. Though I do admit that I'd like to see them with the new rules in place.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

korusan posted:

They're doing Ruby and Sapphire, not Diamond and Pearl

Kurieg posted:

One difference is that RSE can only be played on a GBA or the original DS. You can play DPPt, HG/SS, and B/W on the 3DS, leaving Hoenn as the only region that requires owning old tech; the remakes fix this.

E: Slightly beaten.

Now if the announce a game involving Orre, my life will be complete.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Geostomp posted:

I doubt that. The only remakes we've gotten so far came for systems that weren't capable of playing the older games anymore. Unless they come out with a successor for the 3DS that isn't compatible with DS games anymore, we should be fine up to gen 4. Though I do admit that I'd like to see them with the new rules in place.

If Nintendo created a new trade wall separating 3-6th gen away from the others, Think about how long it would take to gather all the legends back up. We almost have 2 boxes worth of pokes, many of them event only. Pokedex completion enthusiasts couldn't handle the strain :suicide:

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

:toot: Well, I know what I'm doing in November.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I always say Colo/XD are my least oft played because I dislike doubles but every time I sit down I remember how great doubles actually are

quote:

If Nintendo created a new trade wall separating 3-6th gen away from the others, Think about how long it would take to gather all the legends back up. We almost have 2 boxes worth of pokes, many of them event only.
PokeBank is meant as a catch all for future generations too so I don't think that'll be the case

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Red Metal posted:

They already remade the worst games.

Yeah, and they didn't do scratch to fix the broken level curve either then.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spiffster posted:

Fixed that for you. Oh god I really couldn't stand last gen...

I've never fully understood the hate for Gen 5. I feel like even B1/W1 had a far better pokemon diversity/type variety available across the game. I can sort of understand people being bummed there was no previous gen pokemon available before the post game, but B2/W2 sorta alliterates that.

Hoenn feels really heavy on grass, water and normal pokemon.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah, and they didn't do scratch to fix the broken level curve either then.

Don't get me started on that. Let's not even get into the empty husk of Kanto, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

fade5 posted:

One difference is that RSE can only be played on a GBA or the original DS. You can play DPPt, HG/SS, and B/W on the 3DS, leaving Hoenn as the only region that requires owning old tech; the remakes fix this.

E: Slightly beaten.

Now if the announce a game involving Orre, my life will be complete.

I don't think we'll be getting a 'real' Pokemon game that takes place in Orre just because of the gimmick it had of :moreevil: Evil Pokemon :moreevil:

• Locked thread