Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

whypick1 posted:

I'd give them money if I had either Sony console, but since that's probably never gonna happen...

Yup. This. I wish them the best of luck, but I won't be able to play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My recommendation would be to not be afraid to stop and listen.

This advice is really all you need.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah I love Harmonix but I'm not going to pledge for that game since I don't own a Sony console. I'm assuming that Sony owns part of Amplitude? It seems like it'd be an easier sell if they just made a similar game and called it something else like From Software did with Demon's Souls / Dark Souls. Call it Louditude HD or whatever and release on PC/MS/Sony and I'd pledge for that.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm trying to import my rb2 songs to rb3 on the 360. The code in my rb2 book is 25 letters/numbers long (not including dashes) but in rb3 when I go to redeem code I can only put in 16 units. Anyone know whats up?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think you can just enter the first 16 characters and it will accept the code. Definitely remember there was a code problem where that was the solution, only like 90% sure it was this one.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Does it matter if its in caps? And do I have to include the dashes? I did try just plugging in the first 16 characters after reading it on the rb3 support page, but no good.

comatose fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 6, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No dashes. Those are just in printed codes to improve readability. Caps shouldn't matter either.

It's a new copy of RB2, right? Used won't work.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah still didn't work. It's a brand new copy I bought ages but only opened tonight. I just want to play fake guitar again :(

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

comatose posted:

Yeah still didn't work. It's a brand new copy I bought ages but only opened tonight. I just want to play fake guitar again :(

What's the error you get? Is it invalid code or something else?

And I have to ask two stupid questions. 1) You are in RB3 not RB2, right? 2)In RB3, you are going to "Get More Songs" and then choosing "Redeem Code"? Not the "Redeem Code" option on the Xbox Marketplace?

Again, not trying to insult, but I've seen people do similar.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
I wonder what the numbers are like on the Wii U / Xbox One / PS4 adoption rate compared to a similar period at the start of the Wii/360/PS3 generation. Anecdotally, I haven't seen a ton of PS4 purchases in my social circles yet, and more people own 360s than PS3s...

Amplitude is really cool and it would be great to get a 3-button version of that engine back (the 2 buttons in Blitz just aren't as satisfying), but I'm skeptical that it'll happen without some big angel investors. :(

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I coulda sworn I saw something about the RB2 import going dark with one of the expiring licenses announcements.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Orgophlax posted:

I coulda sworn I saw something about the RB2 import going dark with one of the expiring licenses announcements.

You might be thinking of the free songs pack with the purchase of RB2. That went away in one of the recent DLC expirations.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CzarChasm posted:

What's the error you get? Is it invalid code or something else?

And I have to ask two stupid questions. 1) You are in RB3 not RB2, right? 2)In RB3, you are going to "Get More Songs" and then choosing "Redeem Code"? Not the "Redeem Code" option on the Xbox Marketplace?

Again, not trying to insult, but I've seen people do similar.

It just says invalid code. Yeah I'm in RB3, I just followed the steps in the first post. I have no idea why it won't work. Is there anything else can I try?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

pksage posted:

I wonder what the numbers are like on the Wii U / Xbox One / PS4 adoption rate compared to a similar period at the start of the Wii/360/PS3 generation. Anecdotally, I haven't seen a ton of PS4 purchases in my social circles yet, and more people own 360s than PS3s...

The Wii U is a garbage fire but the Xbone and PS4 are both selling faster than the 360 and PS3 did

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

comatose posted:

It just says invalid code. Yeah I'm in RB3, I just followed the steps in the first post. I have no idea why it won't work. Is there anything else can I try?

Get in touch with Harmonix's community team. They're usually good about stuff like this.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sent a support ticket so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the help bros.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

thefncrow posted:

You might be thinking of the free songs pack with the purchase of RB2. That went away in one of the recent DLC expirations.

Kinda depressing when you realize nobody will ever again be able to download "Like a Fool". :sadwave:
However the same can be said for "Visions", so it's a bittersweet thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Orange Harrison posted:

Still better that Rob the Prez-o-dent. :colbert:

So, I think I need help with Xbox DRM bullshit. Friend of mine fully switched over to the One, let me license his DLC to my console. Did the relicensing on my box, redownloaded a couple of his tracks (fresh copies too), still can't get RB3 to see them when he's not logged in. Anyone else have to deal with this?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You know what, I'm pretty sure the 25 digit code is the same you'd have used for the free songs pack, at least the online export instructions seem to indicate that. If that's the case the system is probably looking for that first and returns the error when it doesn't find it.

The instructions also say when you have a 25 digit code to enter that directly into the console, have you tried it on the Marketplace?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know what, I'm pretty sure the 25 digit code is the same you'd have used for the free songs pack, at least the online export instructions seem to indicate that. If that's the case the system is probably looking for that first and returns the error when it doesn't find it.

The instructions also say when you have a 25 digit code to enter that directly into the console, have you tried it on the Marketplace?

Hmm no I didn't try that. I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Fingers crossed!

Edit: It worked! Thanks a lot for all your help.

comatose fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 7, 2014

AeolisCams
Jun 5, 2004
That Other Fat Guy
Does anyone have the strum fix from a few pages back installed on a Strat replica? Mine is getting mushy and has always had a long throw. It's too awesome to walk away from, though. I know inside the Strat has paddles and activates Cherry mechanical switches but I'm not good at pretengineering a solution sometimes. Electronics are fine, but mechanics are not.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Orange Harrison posted:

whypick1 posted:

Visions is great for guitar, Prez-O-Dent is just great. :colbert:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Visions is great for guitar

Too bad it's terrible for ears.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Like a Fool is still probably my favorite Rock Band song of all time. It's the perfect storm of fun/challenging to play on all instruments and a great song.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

You are the worst, and that was the best song.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, there are a number of songs which are pretty sad to see gone. Bullets & Guns was the song for my band (back when I had a band), but now it's long gone. Shaimus is great, and so is That Handsome Devil. It feels weird that it was the license for such small-time groups that went away, but I suppose some of that related to MTV, at least as far as B&G goes.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Magnetic Baby was the best song of the 20 free songs.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Can we all at least agree that Young was the worst one?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That free pack helped introduce me to thenewno2, so it was a pretty good pack IMO as well.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd kill for TU5's ability to hide songs to work with customs.

e: Clarification - not to hide customs, obviously. To hide mostly that terrible 20 pack with 2 good songs.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Young was but it just barely beats IV.

Also, the pack had some great songs.

Prequel To The Sequel
I Wanna Be Your Man
Ashes To Fire (arguably the best)
The Feeling

More than two by at least two.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I guess I'm alone in liking IV? I think it's fun on drums at least.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

weekly font posted:

I'd kill for TU5's ability to hide songs to work with customs.

e: Clarification - not to hide customs, obviously. To hide mostly that terrible 20 pack with 2 good songs.

Copy your 20 free songs pack to a flash drive, then open it with Party Buffalo and C3 CON Tools. In the pack manager, delete the songs you don't want, then re-package it as a CON. (check out the readme for specifics) Stick it where you put your customs and boom, no more songs you don't want.

Other tricks with CON Tools: Renaming (RB3 versions) as regular versions after deleting the regular versions; fixing lovely tiering; arbitrarily changing album art; AND MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Also, the pack had some great songs.

Prequel To The Sequel
I Wanna Be Your Man
Ashes To Fire (arguably the best)
The Feeling

More than two by at least two.

Kutless sukks, my kondolenkes.

Also I always knew that someone with a QR code for an avatar couldn't be right in the head and disliking That Handsome Devil proves it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

pksage posted:

Other tricks with CON Tools: Renaming (RB3 versions) as regular versions after deleting the regular versions; fixing lovely tiering; arbitrarily changing album art; AND MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, awesome. I can finally get rid of the half-naked man that is defiling my Pat Benatar.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I remember how "gay cowboy" was a "secret" character in the first one. That was great.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I remember how "gay cowboy" was a "secret" character in the first one. That was great.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In the original Rock Band you could pick whatever character you wanted to play as from the default lineup of pre-made characters. However, there was one you couldn't pick as he never showed up, but he would occasionally pop in on drums with your random bandmates if you played not-drums. It was a ripped, shirtless dude with tight black pants and a cowboy hat and cowboy boots. He had blond hair and thick blond sideburns.

He always struck me as a gay cowboy.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
What's worse was they took Sir Thomas out of RB3 but still use his model in the DLC previews even though he isn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

pksage posted:

Copy your 20 free songs pack to a flash drive, then open it with Party Buffalo and C3 CON Tools. In the pack manager, delete the songs you don't want, then re-package it as a CON. (check out the readme for specifics) Stick it where you put your customs and boom, no more songs you don't want.

Or...remove the trill lanes from Tuesday's Gone and make the one solo actually fun to play.

• Locked thread