Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

mabels big day posted:

It's unlikely that there won't be compatibility between OR/AS and XY so you should be fine.

Yeah, HG/SS had full interoperability with DPP, so no worries on that front. That said, I hope that XY get patched to have any new megas or moves that get introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dr Pepper posted:

Ground/Ghost with Parental Bond

Please Gamefreak. Please.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Crawfish posted:

I feel that Pokemon Bank getting the same NPC who showed up in Pokemon Box, who herself is the sister of that generation's Bill character, over anything related to Caiuss from X/Y felt like the biggest clue to me.

Nethilia posted:

The clue that had me hoping were the berries missing that are primarily for only making Pokemon Pretty Snacks.
Now that I think about it, doing the "consolidation ribbon" instead of keeping all the contest ribbons serves a dual feature: it lessens the amount of data required to store the Ribbons, and means you can't just cheat and import a Gen 3 Pokemon with all the contest Ribbons, you've got to go re-earn them. I wonder if Condition will still be tracked for imported Pokemon; I know the game still kept track of it in B/W, since an imported Max Beauty Feebas would still evolve into Milotic.

E: Also, the National Ribbon, Earth Ribbon, and Artist Ribbon (Purified Shadow Pokemon, Winning 100 Battles in Mt. Battle, and being chosen as a Sketch Model in a Hoenn contest respectively) are not consolidated, those Ribbons still exist.

Zonekeeper posted:

Yeah, HG/SS had full interoperability with DPP, so no worries on that front. That said, I hope that XY get patched to have any new megas or moves that get introduced.
Yeah, and Platinum had compatibility with DP involving Giratina and Shaymin's forms, so I imagine it'll work the same way. Also, an Apricorn caught Pokemon traded to DPPt and then transferred to B/W stays in the Apricorn ball, which surprised me when I banked some Gen 4 GTS Pokemon over to B/W, so no problems on that front either.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 7, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dr Pepper posted:

Clearly this will be the Omega Megaevolution while the other will be the Alpha

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Also make Farfetch'd Flying/Steel by having it pick up a random pot and wear it as a hat.

Joke's on you, Farfetch'd has been Mega since Gen 1.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

You ever play Devil May Cry 4?

Because I'm picturing Nero's Devil Trigger, but with a big Marowak replacing the ghost thing. And it's glorious.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I know he's not originally from Hoenn but please give me a Mega Magcargo. Make him Fire/Steel with Levitate and make his Defense and Special Defense huge or something I don't know please just give me Mega Magcargo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Pokemon Emerald still best game in the series, I still go back and do a playthrough of it every now and then. So excited for this.

Also Gamefreak you better give us multiple hats that look like hair.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unironically hope there's still some really arcane bullshit involved in finding Feebas.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Pokemon Emerald still best game in the series, I still go back and do a playthrough of it every now and then. So excited for this.

Also Gamefreak you better give us multiple hats that look like hair.

I'm actually wondering if we'll get the avatar customization or not, considering R/S already have designed protagonists, and the fashion stuff was sort of the part of the poke-france theme of Kalos.

If we do have customization I want more drat hair options for guys.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I still have my Emerald Sceptile. I may need to breed him and use one of his offspring for Omega Ruby, only problem is I don't know what moves would be best, any suggestions?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I'm actually wondering if we'll get the avatar customization or not, considering R/S already have designed protagonists, and the fashion stuff was sort of the part of the poke-france theme of Kalos.

Well so do the protags of X/Y, they're just the default options. Remake character art gets updated plus if its a sequel story (And the super forms for the legendaries makes it seem that way) then that's not a problem.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CherryCat posted:

I still have my Emerald Sceptile. I may need to breed him and use one of his offspring for Omega Ruby, only problem is I don't know what moves would be best, any suggestions?

Depends on which secondary type, new ability and stat changes Mega Sceptile (which has already been trademarked, along with Mega Swampert, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, and Megas for the three Hoenn box legendaries) gets. What's good for it now might not apply anymore come November.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxyclean posted:

Replace all hair options with hats that look like hair. :getin:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dr Pepper posted:

Nintendo, hire this soda-doctor.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Looks like Mega Evolutions for starters are in as well as Kyogre/Groundon+Rayquaza fusions? :confused:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

less laughter posted:

Mega Minun, Mega Plusle
Wait what

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

JordanKai posted:

Looks like Mega Evolutions for starters are in as well as Kyogre/Groundon+Rayquaza fusions? :confused:

There is no way I can kirb my enthusiasm for that. :allears:

Actually it does look kinda fishy...

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 7, 2014

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JordanKai posted:

That's super fake.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

JordanKai posted:

You know, it made sense for Kyurem considering the whole "split dragons" mythos, but Nintendo just fusing their box legendaries is just getting absurd now.

I mean, I'd accept it for Zygarde thanks to his Kyurem-tier BST, but does Rayquaza even need the boost? Here's hoping this leak's a fake.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Do you have a source on this because it looks fake as all hell what with the old art and the Starter select being literally the same as XY's when literally every game has had a unique starter select screen.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do you have a source on this because it looks fake as all hell what with the old art and the Starter select being literally the same as XY's when literally every game has had a unique starter select screen.

I pulled it off GameXplain's twitter and I don't know where they got it from so it may very well be fake. :blush:

e: Yeah GameXplain just confirmed that it was fake. Sorry everyone!

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 7, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JordanKai posted:

Ah yes, Pokemon Blaze Ruby and... Tostorm Sapphire?

e: On second thought, someone probably just tried typing in T-Storm into google translate.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 7, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

less laughter posted:

Depends on which secondary type, new ability and stat changes Mega Sceptile (which has already been trademarked, along with Mega Swampert, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, and Megas for the three Hoenn box legendaries) gets. What's good for it now might not apply anymore come November.
Oh god, that means Rayquaza get a Mega as well. As a reminder, Rayquaza had a Japanese event that gave it V-create. Rayquaza's already completely loving terrifying with Dragon Claw/Outrage+V-create+Extreme Speed, with the option of running Swords Dance or Earthquake as the final move, or going mixed with Draco Meteor, and a Mega-evo means he can do that and can't be taken down with Life Orb recoil+a revenge killing move, which is how he's usually taken out.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

MrAristocrates posted:

Unironically hope there's still some really arcane bullshit involved in finding Feebas.

Doesn't seem like there'd be much point this time around given that you can just trade?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We'll mostly likely get some new information in next week's (or so) Corocoro, but that looks pretty drat fake.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gen 3 was the worst in the series but I still kinda want to play it again. It's me, I'm the problem. Nintendo you just keep on making the same games and I'll keep buying them (on 3DS).

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/

If anything, this generation already has the best initials. Pokemon ORAS

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Gen 3 was the worst in the series but I still kinda want to play it again. It's me, I'm the problem. Nintendo you just keep on making the same games and I'll keep buying them (on 3DS).

Gen 3 does not have Gold, Silver, Diamond, or Pearl in it so it is far from the worst.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I think in honour of this announcement I'll finish breeding myself a Milotic in XY. Gonna try to give it Competitive. Just have to decide what 4 egg moves it should have (I figure it's a mistake to not have the full number of egg moves this gen, since they can be relearned and all). Brine, Confuse Ray, Mirror Coat, ... Dragon Breath or Mud Sport maybe?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
If there gonna add newer Pokemon to the Hoenn dex then I know the perfect place for Larvesta/Volcarona.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Gen 3 is probably the Generation of Pokemon I played the most. I absolutely loved Hidden Bases and I spent the whole end-game running around getting stuff to fill mine with. I loved the music, I loved that it could rain so I could walk around in the rain and jump in puddles and the world felt so big and lush. I loved going underwater, I even loved the Long Surf, I thought it was kind of neat that you had to navigate a very large ocean environment, which kind of encouraged you to be a bit more thoughtful in your Pokemon load-out. The new Pokemon were cool, and I liked fighting pirates in bell bottom jeans and Pokemon Emerald was the coolest thing ever, they added like fifty trainers and a ton of extra dungeons and the game was just oh man so big and endless fun and I even did all the talent contests

I've never been that invested in any Generation since. I think Black/White is objectively better and subsequent games with its engine enhancements as well, but Generation 3 is strangely magical to me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I skipped out on Pokemon during the GBA era so I never played the Hoenn games. I am moderately excited!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

YggiDee posted:

I skipped out on Pokemon during the GBA era so I never played the Hoenn games. I am moderately excited!

I hope you like water routes!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Can't wait to take my original Gen 3 team back through Hoenn for a reunion tour. I hope I can trade them over without completing the WHOLE story first.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

less laughter posted:

Hahaha. That would be awesome! And not even that surprising. I noticed that some electric pokemon now have a move to boost partners having either plus or minus as an ability.

I never played ruby or sapphire, but I was hoping for Z. Were R/S the games with the crap load of HM's or was that the platinum line?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Darth TNT posted:

Hahaha. That would be awesome! And not even that surprising. I noticed that some electric pokemon now have a move to boost partners having either plus or minus as an ability.

I never played ruby or sapphire, but I was hoping for Z. Were R/S the games with the crap load of HM's or was that the platinum line?

I remember DPP being worse about HMs.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Blhue posted:

Time to break out M-Venusaur to fry all the water 'mons in Hoenn :getin:

E: Really, the next big change I'd like to see in Pokemon is to ditch HMs entirely. Now that TMs are reusable, HMs are literally just lovely TMs.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Blhue posted:

I don't think it's going to matter nearly as much with Repels getting an auto reuse. Hoenn was my favorite region so I'm super excited.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magres posted:

Time to break out M-Venusaur to fry all the water 'mons in Hoenn :getin:

Most of them are the Wingull/Pelipper and Tentacool/cruel lines, both of which are neutral to Grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

less laughter posted:

Most of them are either Wingull/Pelipper or Tentacool/cruel, both of whoch are neutral to Grass.

:rip:

Electricity it is then

• Locked thread