Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JohnnySavs posted:

It turns out that "walking stick as club" is an actual British martial art called "Bartitsu"

This is great! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

goatface posted:

Truenamers were amazing in theory, and utterly awful in execution.
Truenamers are awful until you hit 20, then you start being able to Gate at will and you just have an army of solars solve all your problems forever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Pan Transforming posted:

I'd known about this, but it was the insurance policy part that really made me laugh: in my head I saw a bronze statue of Baphomet perpetually undergoing mitosis.
I'm glad they removed the caduceus though, it made it look kind of busy. I like the more alien-looking head too!

The alien-looking head reminds me very much of the Faun from Pan's Labyrinth, which I can get behind.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does anyone have some medium sized boat maps? I was told to find a map of the layout of a boat and haven't turned up anything useful. It's an Eberron game so some steampunkyness is okay.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This place has boat blueprints (for model boat builders): http://fatboxsoftware.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/264/

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Eberron boat you say?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

This is.... this is amazing.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

OB_Juan posted:

This is.... this is amazing.

Right?

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 9, 2014

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kurieg posted:

Eberron boat you say?

Hope nobody has to take a poo poo during a fight
"Woah wrong door"

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I need all the Wuxia you got. Chinese martial artists, duking it out or beating up tons of dudes or doing nothing at all. Just give me all the rad wuxia-inspired art.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Apparently, Weapons of the Gods got a video game at one point.

And now, a picture of a man fighting another man with a spatula. Because Wuxia is occasionally silly.

More modern day

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Gimme all the Cyborgs. I don't even mind if they are more robot than human, more human than robot, it is all relevant to my interests.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MustacheFeeling
May 7, 2007

Rugged, self-assured, adult… these are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache.

Almostpanda posted:

I'm looking for a burly looking nature spirit type thing, vines and clubs a plus!
(also other nature spirits because they tend toward awesome)
Something a little like this fellow

(perhaps slightly shorter)

This request got buried by some cool demon related stuff, but I'm resurrecting it! Here's a bunch of elementals from MTG that seem to fit the description:

Avenger of Zendikar

Bramble Creeper

Briarhorn

Ivy Elemental

Primalcrux

There's a bunch more from these search results.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

MustacheFeeling posted:

Almostpanda posted:

I'm looking for a burly looking nature spirit type thing, vines and clubs a plus!
(also other nature spirits because they tend toward awesome)
Something a little like this fellow

(perhaps slightly shorter)
Looks like you could use some Swamp Thing

Or ManThing

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Buer - The Goat Sun
He is the Sun of the Inferno and tortures sinners and demons with searing heat. Buer appears as a burning, lion-maned goat's head, encircled by five goat legs. Buer is a lesser sun and bound by divine laws to stay on the ground when visiting this world, a fact which he greatly resents.

HP: 94
Prot: 9
MR: 18
Morale: 30
STR: 25
ATT: 15
DEF: 15
PREC: 15
Move: 3/25

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Happened across this thread today and just want to say, great job to everyone who keeps it stocked and to all the artists featured herein! Really great fun to browse, so much imagination and creativity on display.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Did somebody say nature elemental?

(Voice of Resurgence from Magic: The Gathering)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Look out y'all it's nature time

I have my own request: weird mounts. Horses and camels are boring. Show me your crazy caterpillar-mounted pixies and giant scorpion cavalry and stuff please.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Here is Stovetop posted:

Gimme all the Cyborgs. I don't even mind if they are more robot than human, more human than robot, it is all relevant to my interests.

I've got a ton of cyborgs in my image folders, alot more then these:

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Username/post combo! Thanks!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I add stuff to this album from time to time.

e: It's mostly generic cyberpunk/near future stuff, with a few straight up Shadowrun images as well.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 10, 2014

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Camilla d'Errico is a very nice lady who goes to the Calgary Comic Expo every year with very pretty and very weird art, some of which fits this thread.

Occasionally NWS: http://camilladerrico.com/

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
You want nature elementals and no one posted Maro?

ThermonuclearTom
Jul 23, 2006

OW
OW
OW

mechanicalFactory posted:

I've got a ton of cyborgs in my image folders, alot more then these:

I don't know why but I love the lame extra gun on the little arm.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AXE COP posted:

I have my own request: weird mounts. Horses and camels are boring. Show me your crazy caterpillar-mounted pixies and giant scorpion cavalry and stuff please.

This is from Uncreation, a strange, wonderful webcomic drawn by a friend of mine.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

DrSunshine posted:

This is from Uncreation, a strange, wonderful webcomic drawn by a friend of mine.

This is really good--I'm super digging the Go Nagai vibes. Do you know if your friend is actually thinking of bringing it back or is it still more or less dead?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

OtspIII posted:

This is really good--I'm super digging the Go Nagai vibes. Do you know if your friend is actually thinking of bringing it back or is it still more or less dead?

It's unfortunately on "indefinite hiatus" as he redesigns/ponders a few things and does some other projects, but he still thinks about it a lot and doesn't consider it dead.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ThermonuclearTom posted:

I don't know why but I love the lame extra gun on the little arm.

It's his sidearm. :buddy:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I've been over the entire torrent from the last thread looking for something and even approximates the earth-blessed race from Inverse World and I'm coming up with nothing. Here's how the book describes them:

quote:

The Earth-blessed, nicknamed goblins, are a race of
short, androgynous, hairless folk with metallic skin and
flat noses. The toughest of these people have skin like
iron, while the weakest have skin of soft gold. Their
eyes are a single, solid color, and their ears flop down
like a dog’s.

So is there another setting that has metal Warner brothers or am I stuck bugging my artistic friends for character portraits?

edit: To illustrate and also actually submit some fantasy art here's an example earth-blessed from the Inverse World kickstarter page.

Heavy Zed fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 11, 2014

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Requesting an image here for my Shadowrun character. A washed up street grifter. Basically Christian Bale from American Hustler, only Shadowrunny. Anyone got anything?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2071877215/metal-made-flesh-an-illustrated-cyberpunk-novella

http://www.comicsy.co.uk/subversivecomics/

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
So I somehow stumbled onto this Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/lindybeige which talks a lot about actual ancient weapons and armor. Everything from the intricacies of chainmail, and how twohanded swords were used on that battle field, to why you want the grip in the middle of shield and how a scyth is about the worst possible weapon to pick if your planning a peasant revolt.

Anyway he makes a very interesting point about fantasy weapons in on of his videos: Most fantasy weapons are base on real world weapons which were designed to fight other people. They were not designed to take down 30 foot long armored monsters. It doesn't matter if you have a katana, a claymore, or a falchon, they all suck if you facing a giant acid spiting hydra or the like.

Does anyone have pictures of Monster Killing weapons. Things that look like they were clearly designed to take down inhuman target, Medieval tech or earlier preferably.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Basically, seige engines and pikes, then?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Or Harpoons, maybe. Only real weapon I can think of that fits the bill. Except for possibly a big rear end lance.
Here's some fantasy harpoons.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gut's Sword was made specifically to kill dragons IIRC. Not sure if this is the kinda thing you're after.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
This is the closest I could find for monster slaying weapons.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

JohnnySavs posted:

(Requesting Space Gods)

Moebius

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
All kinds of games use the Key of Solomon demons cause they're such a cool readymade bestiary. Here is my favorite version of them:

http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id226.html

He claims to have drawn them from life, after summoning them in a Masonic temple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JohnnySavs posted:

(Requesting Space Gods)

I still maintain that this is the greatest page of a comic book ever.