Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Something something Sharia law I guess?

and zombie chickens back from the dead to have feathery revenge

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You're meant to drain the blood from halal animals in a specific way, which is something that they do anyway as part as regular butchery. It's literally just hanging them upside down so the blood drains out quicker (while they're technically "alive" via their pulverized brainstem (from the bolt gun!!)), mumbling something about allah and then it's halal.

Really it's becuase racists somehow think if they're eating Halal meat it's somehow a weakening of british values despite the fact it's actually just ~CAPITALISM AT WORK~ since it opens up new markets.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhabihah Here you go!! You just gotta slit the throat and let the animal bleed to death. Most slaughterhouses do this while stunned from boltguns anyway.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 7, 2014

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Thrasophius posted:

Wait I thought halal meat was just when the animal was killed in the name of Allah? So killing a chicken in the exact same way you normally do but saying Allah a few times is inhumane? I seriously wonder what is going through the minds of these people.
AFAIK, the rules of halal slaughter mean that animals can't be stunned before being killed so the animal will suffer more than is necessary.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

LemonDrizzle posted:

Labour made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BaQkH_q2s

It's... well, it's a thing. Almost on par with the BNP's thing.

I did like the "Who cares? They can't fight back." line. Actually something that could, if you squint, be recognized as an attack on Tory policy.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

AFAIK, the rules of halal slaughter mean that animals can't be stunned before being killed so the animal will suffer more than is necessary.

They can be stunned, the problem with a stungun is that there is a number of animals that die instantly, and that renders them haraam, so to be 'sure' then you really have to not stun.

Of course, that ignores that a slaughterhouse can sell those few chicken as 'non halal' to somewhere where it doesn't matter.

It's kinda like the old intel die testing where 'fails' would just get marked as celerons.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

From the Pizza Express FAQ http://m.pizzaexpress.com/quickPage.html?page=242

quote:

All our chicken is Halal approved but it is important to note that all birds are stunned before being slaughtered

and it's been stated on that page for ages apparently.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Adequate posted:

I did like the "Who cares? They can't fight back." line. Actually something that could, if you squint, be recognized as an attack on Tory policy.

Makes me think of spiting image.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I found the UN website on migration and did some basic crunching. Here are the edited down numbers (got rid of all the historical data and the sub headers https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yzNH01qfyqTWE5d05jN3h1TGs/edit?usp=sharing). This what I found, but very little critical thought has gone into this so far:

There are currently 5m UK nationals living abroad with 7.8m foreign nationals living in the UK. We know that the majority of both will be of working age so let's call it a wash. That leaves a balance of 2.8m taking UK jobs..... About the unemployment rate as it stands (After we take out all the cooked numbers the DWP uses). I don't like these numbers as they lend themselves to easily to propaganda.

But if you look at where our expats are, they are in high cost countries, so if they are sponging (as we know all immigrants do) we are costing more than we expending.

Australia

United States of America

Canada

Spain

New Zealand

South Africa

Ireland

Germany

Channel Islands

As you can see we only like to goto other highly developed countries, tax havens and holiday resorts! Ahh I do love a good stereotype.

Then we have to look at where our immigrants are coming from, well all over the place. A large southeast asian population, Poles to do the actual work and Germany… really? I don’t know a single German but I know someone from everywhere else. Sorry getting side tracked. From this I think we can infer that we are a brain draining motherfucker of a country:

India

Poland

Pakistan

Ireland

Germany

Bangladesh

United States of America

South Africa

Nigeria

China

Anyways I hope this help someone with something. Next I’ll be doing something about how immigrants are great because the pay into the system but then don’t take out again Or how ultra-flexible working isn't as bad as you thought it was…. IT WORSE.

notaspy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 7, 2014

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

LemonDrizzle posted:

not very far it seems

quote:

http://www.pizzaexpressnews.com/chicken-dishes-at-pizzaexpress/
At PizzaExpress the quality and integrity of our ingredients remain our number one priority, and we have always been happy to provide information on our ingredients to our guests.

It is no secret that all the chicken used in our dishes is halal slaughtered. Our teams in restaurants have and always will provide this information, and in addition it is available on the customer service section of our website. We are looking at what steps we can take to make this information even clearer through our menus.

We’re committed to high animal welfare standards and as such the birds are stunned before slaughter. The quality, safety and integrity of our products is paramount and our chicken supplier is accredited by the British Retail Consortium. This means it meets the global standard for food safety. None of our other meats are halal.

anyway, pizza express don't use free range chickens - another thing that's never been a secret - so nobody eating there gives a gently caress about animal cruelty.

edit: left that tab open a bit long oops

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Hi UKMT, font of all knowledge, I have a question about council tax. I'm a first year student at Uni of Manchester, and I'm moving into a house next year with 3 other students, and (hopefully) one of my mates from home, who is not a student. I'd not thought of this before, stupidly, but it's come to my attention that it may end up being prohibitively expensive for him to live with us due to his lack of council tax exemption.

My friend's currently unemployed on JSA (teenage depression hosed him basically) and he's moving from Teesside to Manchester in the hope of finding better opportunities here, mainly in the way of apprenticeships which he's already applied for a lot of, none yet successfully. It says on the .gov website that because he'd be the only non-student he'd be entitled to a 75% discount on the tax, and possibly also entitled to some council tax benefit? This isn't very transparent however, and it's a bit of a make or break.

I suppose what I'm asking is, does anyone know what kind of percentage of the tax that benefit would cover for an unemployed/apprenticed 19 year old? And how much it would be for a five bedroom terraced house in a student area of Manchester? Any help would be appreciated. He's had a poo poo year and moving away was meant to try and buck that trend, and I'm going to be pissed if council tax stops that.

Also just a little rant, is there any reasoning behind having one person in a five person house mean that that person is liable for (almost) the tax bill for the whole house instead of just themselves? Doing it by property seems pretty stupid. It might not be, I don't know, I'm just worried and annoyed.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Jakabite posted:

Hi UKMT, font of all knowledge, I have a question about council tax. I'm a first year student at Uni of Manchester, and I'm moving into a house next year with 3 other students, and (hopefully) one of my mates from home, who is not a student. I'd not thought of this before, stupidly, but it's come to my attention that it may end up being prohibitively expensive for him to live with us due to his lack of council tax exemption.

My friend's currently unemployed on JSA (teenage depression hosed him basically) and he's moving from Teesside to Manchester in the hope of finding better opportunities here, mainly in the way of apprenticeships which he's already applied for a lot of, none yet successfully. It says on the .gov website that because he'd be the only non-student he'd be entitled to a 75% discount on the tax, and possibly also entitled to some council tax benefit? This isn't very transparent however, and it's a bit of a make or break.

I suppose what I'm asking is, does anyone know what kind of percentage of the tax that benefit would cover for an unemployed/apprenticed 19 year old? And how much it would be for a five bedroom terraced house in a student area of Manchester? Any help would be appreciated. He's had a poo poo year and moving away was meant to try and buck that trend, and I'm going to be pissed if council tax stops that.

Also just a little rant, is there any reasoning behind having one person in a five person house mean that that person is liable for (almost) the tax bill for the whole house instead of just themselves? Doing it by property seems pretty stupid. It might not be, I don't know, I'm just worried and annoyed.
Its been a while since I was a benefit officer, but a multi occupancy house is termed a HMO, and the council tax is the landlord's problem. If he is on JSA and on his own, he would get CTB and HB at the prevailing rate in your area. He should still get HB, but as he is 19, it won't be much... Go to the Council for confirmation (they should have a calculator on their website to give you an insight). JUST DON'T LIE.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jakabite posted:

Firstly, the house is responsible for the CT by law, not the tenants. As such, your landlord might charge it between you (this is the situation I've been in for two years, altering between 1-2 non-exempt tenants, our bills have changed as the discount does.)

Secondly, council tax benefit no longer exists, since the government decided individual benefit for something charged by property didn't make sense. What you will need to do as a house is apply for the new council tax reduction. As 4 students and one low-income, it's very likely you won't be paying any council tax whatsoever. Here is the information and application form, your best bet is to go see the CAB with your mate and explain the situation between you, and they'll have someone show you how to write the magic set of words that don't give any busybodies an opportunity to fudge your exemption rate in their favour.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Alright thanks fellas, that's really helpful. Is there any chance the landlord will turn around and just say he can't live with us? We've only just notified them, since it was only initially going to be the 4 students.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jakabite posted:

Alright thanks fellas, that's really helpful. Is there any chance the landlord will turn around and just say he can't live with us? We've only just notified them, since it was only initially going to be the 4 students.

No way to say, you know what some people can be like about 'NO DSS'. If theres a room going, I don't see why not. But, I'm not a landlord.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Maybe, they're much more likely to just increase your rent though. Figure out what it is if you don't trust them not to add any skim for themselves. Also show them that link, good odds they don't know about the reduction changes themselves, they're fairly new.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Alright thanks. I might just end with him finding another place then, I don't know, I doubt anyone else would be willing to pay jacked up rent just so my mate from home can live with us sadly. Luckily one bedroom flats are pretty cheap round here.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jakabite posted:

Alright thanks. I might just end with him finding another place then, I don't know, I doubt anyone else would be willing to pay jacked up rent just so my mate from home can live with us sadly. Luckily one bedroom flats are pretty cheap round here.

He's not going to be entitled to HB for a 1 bed flat, due to being under loving 35

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hahaha, holy gently caress, that telegraph article. Those stuck up shits spend more than I make in a loving year sending their kids to loving boarding school than I make in a loving year of design work and they have the loving nerve to state they're having problems making ends meet? It's people like this that make me realise that Britain is hosed. The people who do the actual jobs that require effort or skill get paid gently caress all and the guys at the top just juggle money while leeching off workers and get millions for doing it. Burn the rich, Jesus Christ.
Im pretty much just quoting you just so anyone who missed it would read it becasue its so spot on. The most I ever made was 32k, and I was an engineer making and doing things. This moaning tosser is a financial arsehole flipping money and producing nothing. I dont know him but I hate him.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Seaside Loafer posted:

Im pretty much just quoting you just so anyone who missed it would read it becasue its so spot on. The most I ever made was 32k, and I was an engineer making and doing things. This moaning tosser is a financial arsehole flipping money and producing nothing. I dont know him but I hate him.

Well, he's a compliance officer which means he's versed in the law (although not necessarily a qualified lawyer), has probably worked in the FSA/FCA and knows what financial companies are and aren't allowed to do. His job is to prevent the people who actually 'flip money' from breaking the rules, taking on too much risk, etc.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

tentish klown posted:

Well, he's a compliance officer which means he's versed in the law (although not necessarily a qualified lawyer), has probably worked in the FSA/FCA and knows what financial companies are and aren't allowed to do. His job is to prevent the people who actually 'flip money' from breaking the rules, taking on too much risk, etc.

Anyone involved in finance talking about the economy is a loving charlatan, though. They're unrelated fields that have exactly one commonality; they involve money. It's literally like arguing you "get" astrophysics because you do horoscopes for a living.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Spangly A posted:

Anyone involved in finance talking about the economy is a loving charlatan, though. They're unrelated fields that have exactly one commonality; they involve money. It's literally like arguing you "get" astrophysics because you do horoscopes for a living.

I'd say it's more like asking a domestic plumber about a national water provision, purification and sewage system. They'll have some knowledge about the properties of water and what they hope to see come out of the pipes into a house but won't have any better idea of the system as a whole than anyone would.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Deptfordx posted:

I also stumbled across this today, about Thomas Pikettys Capital in the 21st Century.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jeremywarner/100027209/cant-be-bothered-to-read-piketty-heres-a-cheats-guide/

Article admits no one (and you can believe they've looked) can find flaws in his methodology or data but still

Quote:

"So do we just have to accept that Piketty is right?" -

" - Not at all. He is completely wrong".

So why do the collected intellectual titans of the Telegraph conclude this in defiance of what they themselves were forced to admit is the evidence?

Because poor people today have fridges and televisions unlike they're 19th century equivalent, so obviously vast inequalites just don't matter. Also the dirty Frog is allegedly a wife beater.

Hurrah! And Capitalism was saved! Bonuses for everyone, by which we only mean bonuses for bankers, zero-hour contracts for everyone else.

Someone post that Lucky Ducky cartoon.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Seaside Loafer posted:

I'm trying to find a way to respond to this without sounding like I'm humblebragging, so here goes: I make a total of money approximately 1/3 of this guy's income and that is quite a lot by most people's standards, and basically do what the gently caress I want. This is the first month I've been skint in ages cos I'm paying two sets of rent after getting turfed out by my (ex)girlfriend + getting a fisting in lettings fees.

I do have cheap tastes though, never really grew out of Carling and £3 lasagna that will last me two nights.

I have no idea how you can be struggling if you're pulling in what, £10k a month before tax. I've got no kids like, but the little theoretical bastards will be going to state school like Daddy, not posho schools, even if they did exist.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

namesake posted:

I'd say it's more like asking a domestic plumber about a national water provision, purification and sewage system. They'll have some knowledge about the properties of water and what they hope to see come out of the pipes into a house but won't have any better idea of the system as a whole than anyone would.

To be more specific it's more a problem that accountants don't actually have any knowledge of money. They use money but don't understand it, what they understand is a set of complex legal fuckery. They're closer to lawyers than scientists (I was training as one before I had a complete breakdown out of self-loathing). But I was the only one on my course who kept taking economics, every English student there was Daddy's Little Arsehole and didn't like the angry Scottish socialist man making them feel bad about their FYGM beliefs. And the rest of the lads were from Africa or China and just wanted a good job so they could look after their families :shrug:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

With stagnant wages, rising prices and a recent history of private debt being used to cover the gap it's no wonder that people are finding themselves short of cash at the end of the month. It's just loving absurd when people earning way over the national average seem to forget that they've spent all of their money over the month and seem to think their plight is as bad as those who didn't start with any money at all.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

LemonDrizzle posted:

Labour made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BaQkH_q2s

It's... well, it's a thing. Almost on par with the BNP's thing.

Made me laugh tbh. Bit of a politicised Harry and Paul.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

SybilVimes posted:

Facebook is awash with racist fucks that are apparently INCREDIBLY ANGRY about the news that Pizza Express uses halal chicken, but wait, they're not racist, they're just concerned about the poor chickens being killed inhumanely. Some of them are so incensed at this inhumane killing that they're planning on stabbing pigs to death on PE's doorsteps :shrug:

Every pizza place - in fact every single fast-food place in the UK - is selling halal chicken, because almost all of the chicken sold in the UK is halal (and theoretically kosher although most kitchens in which it's then cooked don't meet most kosher standards).

The reason why basically almost all chicken in the UK is halal is because the slaughter method is identical whether halal or not, so it costs the slaughterhouse pretty much nothing to have a couple of dudes saying one thing in Arabic and one thing in Hebrew in the general vicinity of the machine doing the slaughtering and simplifies their job when they want to sell to kosher and halal places. Some certification bodies are happy with just a recording of the prayer being played at the moment of the cut, believe it or not.

Drop that fact into conversation and watch peoples faces for a really useful quick shorthand racism check.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Are Nationwide still holders of the coveted "least likely to invest your money in child murder" award? Some inconsiderate dick sent me a cheque.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bozza posted:

I'm trying to find a way to respond to this without sounding like I'm humblebragging, so here goes: I make a total of money approximately 1/3 of this guy's income and that is quite a lot by most people's standards, and basically do what the gently caress I want. This is the first month I've been skint in ages cos I'm paying two sets of rent after getting turfed out by my (ex)girlfriend + getting a fisting in lettings fees.

I do have cheap tastes though, never really grew out of Carling and £3 lasagna that will last me two nights.

I have no idea how you can be struggling if you're pulling in what, £10k a month before tax. I've got no kids like, but the little theoretical bastards will be going to state school like Daddy, not posho schools, even if they did exist.

Buy a house in London with an enormous mortgage, send your crotch-spawn to boarding schools, run a couple of gas guzzlers and buy everything using your credit cards (and make sure to always maintain a nice, eye-watering outstanding balance). Then you too can exclaim with the best of them: "Oh, but we're not rich! Why, by the time we've paid the mortgage, the school fees and the urgent bills, there's nothing left at the end of the month!"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

LemonDrizzle posted:

Advocates of ritual slaughter will say (with some justification) that ritual slaughter actually causes less suffering, on average. The thinking goes that because the boltgun doesn't always render the animal unconscious but merely stunned, they are in considerable distress for quite some time before the killing blow. Ritual slaughter, done right, only distresses the animal for a few seconds. In pre-boltgun days halal/kosher slaughter was considered to be easily the kindest method of slaughter (the rapid exsanguination guaranteeing death in seconds)

(FWIW the actual reason why stunning is disallowed is because you're supposed to say the prayer at the moment of the killing blow - bolt guns often just kill the animal so that's out)

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
I'm one loving lucky bastard. I earn a lot of money being a nurse.

I don't put it down to my hard work, I put it down to historical collective action. I put it down to trade unionism, the creation of the NHS, the suffragettes, class struggle and failing all all A levels in the 90s through being more interested in motorbikes, drugs and girls.

Why won't the telegraph interview me?

( Edit for the questions- I'm now a band 5 nurse and quite happy not being a band 7 nurse )

General China fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 7, 2014

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Umiapik posted:

Buy a house in London with an enormous mortgage, send your crotch-spawn to boarding schools, run a couple of gas guzzlers and buy everything using your credit cards (and make sure to always maintain a nice, eye-watering outstanding balance). Then you too can exclaim with the best of them: "Oh, but we're not rich! Why, by the time we've paid the mortgage, the school fees and the urgent bills, there's nothing left at the end of the month!"

I really have no sympathy for them, as all the doors open for people like that far easier. I will say though, that when I was edging 50k a year in @2008, I still found ways to be skint at the end of the month, without children (not that I would ever private educate one). I was simply younger and spent far too much on going on the piss in London and doing stupid things like getting taxis home after falling asleep on the train and hitting the end of the line. I am willing to bet though that they don't have to make either/or choices in the supermarket, and certain things that we may not think of as luxuries, but are, like holidays and new clothes/cars/appliances are considered their indentured right.

I try not to judge on things like this because I become no better than those that decry those on benefits, but, come on.

Have an interview tomorrow.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

General China posted:

Why won't the telegraph interview me?

Maybe they're unaware that you're now a big posho with a country estate.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

General China posted:

I'm one loving lucky bastard. I earn a lot of money being a murse.

Fine boot-strapping. A true patriot.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LemonDrizzle posted:

Kiinda sorta?
It's not just a slightly deep nick to the throat, mind. It's complete severance of all the main arteries and veins that feed the brain, barring spinal arteries. Rapid loss of pressure in the cranium supposedly leads to almost complete desensitization to pain, now mind that the science that's out there is sparse, and for every paper for there may be an equally valid against (this goes either way).

But the thrashing around part is often mistaken to be pain when that would be an exaggeration. Think of a headless chicken: The brain is completely severed yet the chicken still spasms.

In the end though, we are slaughtering them. And it really shouldnt be an issue how so long as it's not cruel and unusual.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 7, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

tentish klown posted:

Yeah so gently caress the Spectator and James Delingpole

"The Gilded Generation", i.e. everything looks great on the surface but any kind of closer inspection reveals that things are actually poo poo. A Good Headline

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
There was another thing like that doing the rounds in the US. In fact I think I found it - http://money.msn.com/tax-planning/down-and-out-on-250000-dollars-a-year-the-fiscal-times

I find these things hilarious considering they take into account practically ever possible thing you COULD pay for, not realising that most people dont have room for things such as "savings" or "private insurance" "boarding schols" on a much less generous wage. If its a universal right for them to be able to afford these things, why isnt it for everyone?

As I say people will almost always find a way to spend their money, and always moan that they dont get paid enough. These sorts of things are not relevant to a serious discussion because personal bias will always come into play. If someone on 100k a year thinks they are poor, they should try 10k a year and get back to me.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In the end though, we are slaughtering them. And it really shouldnt be an issue how so long as it's not cruel and unusual.

Funnily enough it never is an issue (and nobody cares about the details so long as it's cheap) until someone suspects another culture is being respected somewhere

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Touchdown Boy posted:

If someone on 100k a year thinks they are poor, they should try 10k a year and get back to me.

These articles are click bait, the premise is that they know 100k, 120k, 250k is an 'absurd' amount to be saying 'we're poor' with, they want you to be outraged that someone could be so out of touch, and thus click on the link, then share it with all your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

sebzilla posted:

Maybe they're unaware that you're now a big posho with a country estate.

I am a big posho.

As I am no longer a member of the workingclass, can we have a new champion of the proletariat?

The interviews start with a disqualification round-

If you have ever been to a university you cannot apply ( Only one poster I know of gets through this and he is too cool to apply anyway )

If you intend to apply to university you are disqualified.

I await the absolute overwhelming torrent of applications from the hard calloused working hands of physical labourers who post in this thread.

• Locked thread