Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

He posted in this very thread about altering his soul memory to be super low and bellbroing with a full set of havel's. If you are going defend him you should at least know what you're talking about.

He is the most disgusting person!! WOrse than HITLER!!!!! BAAANNN

Why are you so mad holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leper Residue posted:

You literally get infinite twinkling titanite, bonfire ascetics, and souls with the Giant lord. Also why the hell would kill you Grandahl? You get a poo poo ton of effigies in the game.

Oh neat, I'm not to him yet so I didn't know there was twinkling and an ascetic in an ascetic'able area. I killed Grandahl because I just wanted the dragon chime and I was annoyed that you had to use an effigy AND run through the npc enemies again after dying to darklurker. Plus he seemed evil so screw him anyway.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I actually ran into him or someone doing something like that in FotG using a red soapstone. They were in full havel and I was SM 1000 or so.

Of course I summoned him and proceeded to cheese the poo poo out of them with daggers, I lost of course but it was fun running around flinging poo poo everywhere.

Also for PVP don't bother with throwing dung like in DS1. Someone was using it against me and it did jack all. Missed half the time too.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bobnumerotres posted:

This is just a longer version of "lol u mad". I'm not going to dignify trolling with a serious response.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I can't access the game to check right now, but Bandit is the class with the lowest spell casting stats right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

I actually ran into him or someone doing something like that in FotG using a red soapstone. They were in full havel and I was SM 1000 or so.

Of course I summoned him and proceeded to cheese the poo poo out of them with daggers, I lost of course but it was fun running around flinging poo poo everywhere.

Also for PVP don't bother with throwing dung like in DS1. Someone was using it against me and it did jack all. Missed half the time too.

Right before pursuer on NG, there was a Dragon sign and the dude had that tomb blade you could only get in NG+. I fought him for shits and giggles and lost of course, but yeah.

I'm glad people are tearing it apart. Soul memory is a really loving dumb system and if it continues to get exploited like this maybe they'll be smart and go back to SL determing co-op/invasions.

Chomp8645 posted:

This is just a longer version of "lol u mad". I'm not going to dignify trolling with a serious response.

This is gold.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

I can't access the game to check right now, but Bandit is the class with the lowest spell casting stats right?

Yup.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Chomp8645 posted:

You should be legitimately grateful that someone is looking into a way around this stupid Soul Memory system in a way that will either:

A.) Force actual validation on From's side
B.) Allow us to freely modify our Soul Memory
C.) Screw up Soul Memory enough it gets changed or removed outright

But that's just my opinion!

Leper Residue posted:

You literally get infinite twinkling titanite, bonfire ascetics, and souls with the Giant lord. Also why the hell would kill you Grandahl? You get a poo poo ton of effigies in the game.

Can you do this run without killing anything? Very interested in a way to farm that stuff without increasing my Soul Memory.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Right before pursuer on NG, there was a Dragon sign and the dude had that tomb blade you could only get in NG+. I fought him for shits and giggles and lost of course, but yeah.

I'm glad people are tearing it apart. Soul memory is a really loving dumb system and if it continues to get exploited like this maybe they'll be smart and go back to SL determing co-op/invasions.

You can do this by simply using an ascetic and re-killing the boss. I don't think you need to be on NG+.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Is it me or Tokens of Fidelities are a lot less useful than Small Smooth and Silky Stones that you get from the Small Whitesign Soapstone? Why don't people just use those instead of the normal one if they're not sunbros?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Both the Bandit and the Knight have 9 points in spell casting.
Bandit has 1 Int, 8 Faith
Knight has 3 Int, 6 Faith

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

People are loving garbage and just hide to deprive invaders/ratbros from kills. Like play the loving game holy poo poo.

I don't mind if the dude I invade tries to hide. It's a strategy! I just gotta hunt them down and stab them in the butt over and over with my fists... wait that came out wrong.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Domattee posted:

Both the Bandit and the Knight have 9 points in spell casting.
Bandit has 1 Int, 8 Faith
Knight has 3 Int, 6 Faith

Bandits have 2 less Attunement.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SurrealityCheck posted:

I don't mind if the dude I invade tries to hide. It's a strategy! I just gotta hunt them down and stab them in the butt over and over with my fists... wait that came out wrong.

It's just annoying when you invade and it becomes a hunt for some dude who hasn't even triggered any of the enemies in the level. They are purposely waiting for you to leave. Invaders should have a way to reveal where they are. Hosts get phantoms, invaders get the environment. They shouldn't get both.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Shaded Woods is interesting :stare: After reaching the second bonfire easily and wandering into the fog bit to realise I couldn't hurt the ghosts I just ran around it a bit, picked up 2 rings, found some corpse thing that could talk and then reached the 3rd bonfire where the bull things take hardly any damage from any of my spells and I then broke all of my equipment touching a couple of pools :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bobnumerotres posted:

People are loving garbage and just hide to deprive invaders/ratbros from kills. Like play the loving game holy poo poo.

The one time I've been ratbro'd I kept exploring just to see what was coming up. Invader ran to me instead and ate a face full of Greatsword. I get the feeling he and I both sort of missed the point of that covenant? :confused:

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Bandits have 2 less Attunement.

Yeah but everybody should have a slot for pyromancy and if you don't you're bad :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Artificer posted:

Is it me or Tokens of Fidelities are a lot less useful than Small Smooth and Silky Stones that you get from the Small Whitesign Soapstone? Why don't people just use those instead of the normal one if they're not sunbros?

Most people don't care about either reward so much as getting souls and humanized, so it doesn't matter so much.

And I think some people are unsure about whether small signs are allowed to fight bosses, or they're worried about running out of time.

But yeah you're right, the small sign is usually best.

Ciaphas posted:

The one time I've been ratbro'd I kept exploring just to see what was coming up. Invader ran to me instead and ate a face full of Greatsword. I get the feeling he and I both sort of missed the point of that covenant? :confused:

Eh, that's one way it can go down. There's 2 ways people ratBro:

A) Reverse invasion duels. They pull you into their world, they chase you down asap and try to kill you with help of rats. You kill them instead and you get reward, or you die and nothing bad happens. Cool stuff.

B) Running the gauntlet. They pull you into their world and then hide and activate traps and try to shoot you with ranged while you run through the area trying to get to the fog door as fast as you can.

Most people don't know about B so they just do A, but I'm okay with that.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
In unrelated news, 32 ATN 50 INT 50 FAITH casting stats, time to work on melee stats so I can power stance dark great clubs

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Are there any weapons that will allow me to cast Miracles and Sorceries? I'm doing and Int/Faith mix and would like to be able to use both at once. It isn't a big deal to switch, but I figured I would ask.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Bobnumerotres posted:

You posted this and then reported his response to this. Something a little bitch would do

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Scags posted:

Are there any weapons that will allow me to cast Miracles and Sorceries? I'm doing and Int/Faith mix and would like to be able to use both at once. It isn't a big deal to switch, but I figured I would ask.

Black Witch's Staff

Keep in mind it's incredibly suboptimal vs. using Staff of Amana + Chime.

Also if you're doing Int/Faith you should be hexin.

My loadout includes:
+5 Dark Sunset Staff
+10 Magic Staff of Amana
+5 Lightning Dragon Chime
+5 Dark Chime of Want

deimos fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 7, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kewpuh posted:

You posted this and then reported his response to this. Something a little bitch would do

Bahaha, he reported me after saying I was the one that was mad? Thanks for this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zaphod42 posted:

Eh, that's one way it can go down. There's 2 ways people ratBro:

A) Reverse invasion duels. They pull you into their world, they chase you down asap and try to kill you with help of rats. You kill them instead and you get reward, or you die and nothing bad happens. Cool stuff.

B) Running the gauntlet. They pull you into their world and then hide and activate traps and try to shoot you with ranged while you run through the area trying to get to the fog door as fast as you can.

Most people don't know about B so they just do A, but I'm okay with that.

Ah, I didn't realize there were activatable traps later down the line (I haven't explored that far yet, and I think I'm starting a new character). That explains things nicely.

Now I kind of want to be B later :getin:

(edit)

Kewpuh posted:

Bahahahahaha

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Chomp8645 posted:

Bahaha, he reported me after saying I was the one that was mad? Thanks for this.

He's on about you reporting him, dude.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cardiovorax posted:

I've had similar stuff happen to me in offline, mostly by spear dudes. I think stabs of any kind are just broken in general.

yeah, the spear dudes in drangleic gently caress me up all the time.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Kicked Old Iron King's rear end. Any tips on where I have to go next? I assume the giant door in Forest of Fallen Giants is something I can't open up yet, so I've got the gaping hole in Majula, Shaded Woods or the areas after Sentinel Ruins (Strade is unpetrified and the gate below him is opened but nothing more than that).

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Atoramos posted:

You should be legitimately grateful that someone is looking into a way around this stupid Soul Memory system

I am! But being a human being and having a very complex brain, I can ALSO, SIMULTANEOUSLY, be disappointed at someone looking into new ways to grief legitimate players. Even if it's the same person! It's hard, but if you squint, I bet you can do it.

However, as you have seen, arguing about this is a waste of time. People have a hard time being reasonable or even remotely civil about this subject. It massively derailed and gridlocked the console thread. I'd prefer we leave the whole moral quagmire alone and let it be before the same thing happens here and we have to have a mod step in.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Killed the final boss, just doing the optional stuff now. Spent something like 10-15 effigies in the dark covenant, killed the Darkling with no effigies left.

Only bosses now left that I know off are Vendrick and the dragon. After a few tries with both I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother with those two, they don't seem to be worth the effort...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Laughing Zealot posted:

Killed the final boss, just doing the optional stuff now. Spent something like 10-15 effigies in the dark covenant, killed the Darkling with no effigies left.

Only bosses now left that I know off are Vendrick and the dragon. After a few tries with both I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother with those two, they don't seem to be worth the effort...

There's an achievement for Vendrick, and killing the latter makes the former easier. So there's that going for them? :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've fought and assisted on the Ruin Sentinels a handful of times and I think this is the first time I saw one Captain America their shield at me and get it permanently lodged in the wall.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
haha, some folks on the iron bridge have got together, 3 of them, to lure in red phantoms while one summon hides in the keep and then ambushed from behind. just happened to me and i'm still laughing about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

He's on about you reporting him, dude.

I think you've misread a post. I haven't reported anyone for anything in this thread. Despite accusations of "being mad" I'm really not. I just don't like cheaters.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Chomp8645 posted:

I think you've misread a post. I haven't reported anyone for anything in this thread. Despite accusations of "being mad" I'm really not. I just don't like cheaters.

Oh poo poo, so I did! Disregard. :iamafag:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Hah!

I like helping people with the three Sents in the Bastille but some are dumb as bricks. Is there a reason most don't summon the NPC? Acts as a crap decoy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kewpuh posted:

Hahaha

Soul memory isn't great but I'm not sure going straight back to level is the best solution.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Elysiume posted:

I've fought and assisted on the Ruin Sentinels a handful of times and I think this is the first time I saw one Captain America their shield at me and get it permanently lodged in the wall.

Its great because that makes them easier. With no shield they're wide open :) You still have to watch for that spear, though.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

Soul memory is a really loving dumb system and if it continues to get exploited like this maybe they'll be smart and go back to SL determing co-op/invasions.

SL by itself is a terrible way of determining invasion/coop compatibility. You get poo poo like SL1 dickwraiths from the original Dark Souls with hundreds of thousands of souls in gear instead of levels being able to pretty easily kill any human player of any level.

An "easy" fix (which people have been suggesting pretty much everywhere there's DS2 discussion taking place) would be changing Soul Memory to be a record of "souls spent" instead of "souls earned". That way someone who dumps a shitload of souls into gear and someone who dumps the same shitload of souls into levels are matched with each other, restoring balance to the force.

On a completely unrelated note to whining about multiplayer matchmaking, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of uniqueness with the attacks of powerstanced weapons. There are what, something like four or five different attack archetypes shared across all the weapon classes? It reeks of laziness/rushed development.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Deaderinred posted:

haha, some folks on the iron bridge have got together, 3 of them, to lure in red phantoms while one summon hides in the keep and then ambushed from behind. just happened to me and i'm still laughing about it.

I summoned a red phantom once that appeared with the white ring on, insisted he didn't want to fight. So I summoned whites/sunbros, exchanged hello gestures and in this period the fake bro stabbed them lethally in the back with some high crit knife.

This continued throughout the Keep until I got to the boss gate, where he just crystal'd out. I imagine I made his day.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Chomp8645 posted:

He posted in this very thread about altering his soul memory to be super low and bellbroing with a full set of havel's. If you are going defend him you should at least know what you're talking about.

To be fair I'm bellcoping with a full set of havels below 250k SM, thanks to the help with the shortest fragrant branch path. Its really simple too, clear the first area, buy the cat ring, jump down the hole, run to Black Gulch, and kill the giants. Speaking of Black Gulch I think they did something to the statues the drat things respawn now whenever you rest at a bonfire :negative:.

E: Has anyone tried using a seed of a tree of giants against a rat covenant guy? I envision something hilarious where the rat man gets dogpiled by all the suddenly hostile minions :black101:.

Azuth0667 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Atoramos posted:

Can you do this run without killing anything? Very interested in a way to farm that stuff without increasing my Soul Memory.

nope, have to kill the boss. which is between 150-400k souls every time.

So the best way, in that case, is to farm crystal lizards in dragon aerie. It's about 10 twinkling and 5-10 petrifieds a run.