Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The latest live episode at SF Sketchfest with Tom Lenk owned hard. Really funny, lotta Joss Whedon stuff talk, and Tom Lenk really seemed like a natural part of the group, so that was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
FRASIER BABIES!

radlum
May 13, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

The latest live episode at SF Sketchfest with Tom Lenk owned hard. Really funny, lotta Joss Whedon stuff talk, and Tom Lenk really seemed like a natural part of the group, so that was fun.

It was pretty good; Tom Lenk was hilarious and his banter with the guys was good, though Matt making fun of himself is not as hilarious as he thinks it is, it is getting annoying.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
His obsession with Frasier is definitely played up for laughs and I get it and think it to be hilarious. I gave the Robert Kirkman episode a try and he's actually funny and interesting on the podcast, unlike on his TV appearances on Talking Dead. I was surprised as hell by that. Really enjoyed that one.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

And the Nerdist empire continues to grow.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ne...nk=MW_news_stmp

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm happy for him, but man, could the new hires be any more pandering with their quotes? Ugh, execs....

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
That's how every press release about new hires ever reads. It's pretty standard.

BasicBitch
Feb 2, 2014
Just listened to the Harrison Ford episode. It wasn't as bad as Chris's introduction made it out to be. Just because someone doesn't laugh at your jokes (especially Chris's humor that seems to be targeted to the millennial generation) doesn't mean Ford was sour in any sort of way. I think Ford is dry with everyone.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Listening to the Crispin Glover episode now.

Holy poo poo. He's been rambling about nothing for twenty minutes straight now. It's almost unlistenable.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
After listening to the latest hostful I kinda want to hear a podcast with Chris Hardwick and David Choe, talking about rich people stuff :v:.

Edit: Jared Leto :aaaaa:

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 17, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I loved the Crispin Glover episode but that's because I enjoy the ravings of lunatics.

Jared Leto, more like Jared Deleteo because I have no interest in listening to that guy talk ever.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I went to check out a couple episodes of nerdist on the website and was horrified at this art/fanbase.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Are there nerds here tonight? Nerds!

Focusing on the nerd fanbase has been successful for Hardwick, but there are some pretty big negatives that come with it. If you want to cringe, listen to the live episode with the cast of the big bang theory. So many sad nerds being disappointed that the actors aren't actually like their characters in real life.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I tweeted at Matt Mira that Gettysburg is in Pennsylvania, not Virginia, and that as somebody from the northeast he had no excuse. He favorited said tweet, so I'm basically a rock star, right guys?

On a related note, I continue to really enjoy the hostful episodes, even if if I do find myself rolling my eyes occasionally throughout them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hostful are great, for every usually Matt caused groan there's usually way more legit interesting or funny things.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ritZxM_uejA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo

What? what?

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
I don't think I ever expected Schwarzeneggar to be on Nerdist.

And I'm sure I never expected him to be so awesome.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

The_Doctor posted:

What? what?
Will Arnett

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just listened to the Arnold interview and it's pretty amazing. Once they get him going he just runs with it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

1996 Hardwick is the guest on the latest episode of Classic Loveline.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
I'm not a huge Modern Family fan, but the Eric Stonestreet episode was great. He and Chris played off each other so well.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The Pat Healy/Sara Paxton episode was great :allears:.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The John DeLancie interview was good, but somehow they only spent like 10 minutes of the 90 minute interview talking about Star Trek. I was hoping for more Q stories. Most of the interview was about his work with MLP.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Are you guys still listening to all episodes? I just listen to episodes with people I know/think are interesting and hostfuls now.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I skip most episodes. I was going to listen to John de Lancie until I read the description and saw he was there to promote some My Little Pony thing which I don't know anything about or care to, so I skipped it. I listen to too many podcasts so I skip a lot of episodes for shows that are hit or miss, like Nerdist or WTF.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popelmon posted:

Are you guys still listening to all episodes? I just listen to episodes with people I know/think are interesting and hostfuls now.

Sometimes if I'm bored I'll listen to episodes I skip but nah I listen to dudes who interest me or episodes I hear people saying 'wow that was good', and pretty much every hostful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

I skip most episodes. I was going to listen to John de Lancie until I read the description and saw he was there to promote some My Little Pony thing which I don't know anything about or care to, so I skipped it. I listen to too many podcasts so I skip a lot of episodes for shows that are hit or miss, like Nerdist or WTF.
The first half of the podcast is not about his MLP work. He mostly talks about Breaking Bad and Star Trek TNG

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So they had William Shatner on for the first time ever and somehow didn't really ask any Star Trek questions.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Popelmon posted:

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The John DeLancie interview was good, but somehow they only spent like 10 minutes of the 90 minute interview talking about Star Trek. I was hoping for more Q stories. Most of the interview was about his work with MLP.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The first half of the podcast is not about his MLP work. He mostly talks about Breaking Bad and Star Trek TNG

I'm confused?

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
The William Shatner episode is everything I was hoping for, and even more. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FlamingLiberal posted:

So they had William Shatner on for the first time ever and somehow didn't really ask any Star Trek questions.

Probably on purpose, he's said a few times while he obviously loves Trek he is a little bit sick of being only known as Kirk to some people. I imagine there was kinda an understanding of 'yo let's avoid a bunch of Trek stuff please?' when he agreed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Probably on purpose, he's said a few times while he obviously loves Trek he is a little bit sick of being only known as Kirk to some people. I imagine there was kinda an understanding of 'yo let's avoid a bunch of Trek stuff please?' when he agreed.
Could be. But he's never been on that show before, and the guys on the show are giant Star Trek nerds, so you would think they would talk about something related to that, even if it was for 5 minutes. I mean Shatner's doing the rounds everywhere (including even this one ESPN Radio show I listen to) to promote his movie.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, Matt is a huge Trek nerd. Jonah and Chris are not. Also, your avatar is still absolutely atrocious. B&W, only a single frame that shows the Enterprise, at an odd angle which makes it difficult to identify to boot. Considering that there are hundreds of animated avatar pictures that aren't sacrificed so horrendously in quality just to keep the file size low, I imagine you're simply not using the right file format or compression or something.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think they are just aware enough to not be huge fan boys.

It was hilarious when shatner called chris out on his car.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
This episode made me really want a raw nerve podcast.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I love Jim Rash so much. Its not often that I have to cover up laughter at work but this one of those episodes.

I couldnt hold it in during the notes on the notes on the notes on the notes on the bit.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jim Rash is great. Normally I'm not a big fan of episodes where they never talk about anything and just gently caress around but that episode was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The new layout for Nerdist podcasts is loving HORSESHIT.

• Locked thread