Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oakland certainly has the experience to feel out what too picks are worth in the nfl draft year after year.

Does anyone sincerely see St. Louis moving down though? Or Oakland?

St.Louis maybe if Clowney is still there and a team like the Bills or Falcons decides they absolutely need him.

Oakland, hell yeah. Reggie loves picks more than he loves his mother. I'm not sure if the cheap 2nd rounder they got last year to move down from 3 to 12 was a product of them not having an original 2nd rounder/the overall weakness of last year's draft or if cheap trade downs are just their front office MO. The above tweet tells me otherwise if it's true and for that I am happy.

With the 90 something extra underclassmen declaring and pushing some 1st round picks into the 2nd and the dearth of talent on their roster, Oakland would be dumb not to trade down unless they love Mack or Watkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I think the only team in the top 10 who could successfully demand a massive haul is the Texans. Everyone else will have to settle for a good but not great trade (or just not trade). The only exceptions I could see would be if Mack or one of the top tackles slips towards the end.

Just too much depth in the draft, otherwise.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 7, 2014

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Coldforge posted:

I think the only team in the top 10 who could successfully demand a massive haul is the Texans. Everyone else will have to settle for a good but not great trade (or just not trade). The only exceptions I could see would be if Mack or one of the top tackles slips a bit to 9 or 10.

There is depth but only a small handful of elite prospects.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Toymachine posted:

There is depth but only a small handful of elite prospects.

I don't see the elite being that elite, except at WR. And even then, the success rate of 1st round WRs & the massive depth at that position takes a lot away from them.

Edit: I think it's far more likely that teams will just stick with their pick if they don't get what they're asking for.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Toymachine posted:

St.Louis maybe if Clowney is still there and a team like the Bills or Falcons decides they absolutely need him.

Oakland, hell yeah. Reggie loves picks more than he loves his mother. I'm not sure if the cheap 2nd rounder they got last year to move down from 3 to 12 was a product of them not having an original 2nd rounder/the overall weakness of last year's draft or if cheap trade downs are just their front office MO. The above tweet tells me otherwise if it's true and for that I am happy.

With the 90 something extra underclassmen declaring and pushing some 1st round picks into the 2nd and the dearth of talent on their roster, Oakland would be dumb not to trade down unless they love Mack or Watkins.

I know they're in my division and all but I would still be disappointed if the Rams had a shot at Clowney and passed on him. Seeing a defensive line of that caliber is just too loving historic to pass up, even if it means the death of Russell "Future Winner of the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year Award" Wilson

Nately
Oct 1, 2002

The age demanded an image / Of its accelerated grimace
The drat Dolphins ruined everyone else's chance of fleecing the Raiders when they made fun of them last year. Now they're going to be so gun-shy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Toymachine posted:

If Watkins and/or Mack are available at 5, you take them in that order. If not, trade down smartly to get extra picks in the deepest draft in years(maybe ever).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I know they're in my division and all but I would still be disappointed if the Rams had a shot at Clowney and passed on him. Seeing a defensive line of that caliber is just too loving historic to pass up, even if it means the death of Russell "Future Winner of the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year Award" Wilson

If Russell Wilson's wife really did cheat on him with Golden Tate, I'm not sure he deserves the douche award.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

If Russell Wilson's wife really did cheat on him with Golden Tate, I'm not sure he deserves the douche award.

I'm not sure he deserves it under any circumstances but rap made a joke and a bunch of idiots ran with it sooooooooooooo :shrug:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i love too troll seahawks fan's online, and i used to be married

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Whenever I try to think about what Jeff Fisher thinks I come to the realization that he just wants to point at people and have some backup linebacker dive into the side of their knee.

trigger warning

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Coldforge posted:

I think the only team in the top 10 who could successfully demand a massive haul is the Texans. Everyone else will have to settle for a good but not great trade (or just not trade). The only exceptions I could see would be if Mack or one of the top tackles slips towards the end.

There are 5 or 6 elite prospects and 3 quarterbacks who could all conceivably garner high trade interest.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bigass Moth posted:

There are 5 or 6 elite prospects and 3 quarterbacks who could all conceivably garner high trade interest.

I don't disagree. I just think the depth at several positions makes a team overpaying for one of them unlikely. Clowney, Mack or a top tackle could all be possible.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my Chefs wishlist for their pick (I think its #22)

1. Odell Beckham
1. JFF
2. Teddy Bridgewater
3. Ha-Sean Clinton Dix
4. Brandin Cooks
5. Zach Martin
6. Calvin Pryor

:)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I'm almost certain the Bucs are going QB in the top two rounds. Now they're trying to trade Glennon. They've been clear about how uninterested they are with Glennon and I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab any of the top 6 QBs within the first two rounds. Fingers crossed for Bridgewater.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

quote:

@timkawakami 3m
Sounds like the 49ers explored getting into the top 10 but it would cost them next year's #1 and that's not their style. Won't do it.

quote:

@timkawakami 6m
49ers are getting trade calls for #30, mostly from teams trying to move up from the 2nd round probably aiming for QBs Carr or Garoppolo.

I like this. Endorsed.

(it should be noted that Kawakami is an untrustworthy idiot)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It wouldn't surprise me if the 49ers stayed put at 30, but I'd guess Baalke goes all Billy Draft Ace the ridiculous amount of Day 2 picks they are holding into high 2015 selections.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

LiquidFriend posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the 49ers stayed put at 30, but I'd guess Baalke goes all Billy Draft Ace the ridiculous amount of Day 2 picks they are holding into high 2015 selections.

I think that's exactly it, the goal would be to flip them (perhaps bundled) for early picks next year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Eric Galko from optimum scouting just said a thing:

quote:

-There’s a real possibility that Eric Berry is traded on draft day, with the Falcons being most likely. The price tag is something around a second-round pick.

Probably more pre draft garbage, but yes please!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Shath Hole posted:

Eric Galko from optimum scouting just said a thing:

Probably more pre draft garbage, but yes please!

I would be pretty sad over this. He's a top five safety in the league and he just got over a pretty rough injury with flying colors.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

So glad the Eagles signed loving Malcolm Jenkins

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It just sucks how expensive Eric Berry is, he's a top-5 pick on those old-school contracts. Trading him for a 2nd and grabbing Calvin Pryor as his replacement wouldn't be a bad move. I do love Eric though

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I would be pretty sad over this. He's a top five safety in the league and he just got over a pretty rough injury with flying colors.

If this happens, you should just pledge your allegiance to the Atlanta Chiefs

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

It just sucks how expensive Eric Berry is, he's a top-5 pick on those old-school contracts. Trading him for a 2nd and grabbing Calvin Pryor as his replacement wouldn't be a bad move. I do love Eric though
It would be a monumentally stupid move. Why would it make sense to trade your best player in the secondary who's just starting to peak?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Trading Berry for a 2nd rounder would be seriously assed up. His cap number is going down a ton next year, we'd eat almost $5m of his current cap number, and he's an elite player just entering his prime years. I'd be...seriously pissed if that went down.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Why would they get rid of him? What's the angle here because it doesn't seem like it makes sense for KC at all?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The angle is he is expensive for a box safety. I amend my earlier statement, it would be dumb guys. I even have his jersey and watch all his Adidas commercials on Youtube. I am just a loving miser

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shath Hole posted:

Why would they get rid of him? What's the angle here because it doesn't seem like it makes sense for KC at all?

I can see the reasoning:

His current cap # is 11m+, which is ridiculous for a SS
The Chiefs have decent options at safety (Abdullah and Commings)
Chiefs are down draft picks and need to backfill a lot of positions
Chiefs could REALLY use his $8m+ cap hit for next year as they have key players at more important positions to extend (Smith and Houston)

I'd do it for a pick in the 15-20 range but no one is going to give that up so I hope he goes nowhere.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

You free up space by getting rid of players on the downside, like Flowers and Hali.

Those two cuts alone free up 16.5 million in cap space, which is plenty to extend Alex Smith and Justin Houston.

E: Oh I forgot, walk away from the awful contract they gave to Chase Daniel. He'd give about 4 million in relief. :psyduck:

I do find it interesting that this trade, along with the Flowers trade and Alex Smith wanting Peyton Manning money is leaking on draft week.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 8, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Jesus christ, Raiders: move back in the draft, pick up literally anyone with the new first pick and with the new second send it for Eric Berry

hire me Oakland

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Glazer said the Texans want 3 first rounders and a second rounder for the first overall pick lol

so the texans are getting Clowney

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Blitz7x posted:

Jesus christ, Raiders: move back in the draft, pick up literally anyone with the new first pick and with the new second send it for Eric Berry

hire me Oakland

Isn't SS like the lone position of strength on the Raiders?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

Glazer said the Texans want 3 first rounders and a second rounder for the first overall pick lol

so the texans are getting Clowney

Sounds reasonable

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Isn't SS like the lone position of strength on the Raiders?

There is no position of strength

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

What about QB? :getin:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

quote:

Former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel maintained he would be excited to go to whatever NFL club drafts him during his media interviews Wednesday at the NFL Play 60 Youth Football Festival.

That's not the case, though, according to a report suggesting the former Texas A&M star would rather not land in Jacksonville.

The Jaguars hold the No. 3 overall pick and are among several clubs drafting in the top 10 that have a clear need at the quarterback position. Sports Illustrated reports that Manziel wouldn't care to hear his name called when Jacksonville turns in its card Thursday night. Manziel reportedly has no issue with the Jaguars' coaching staff, but isn't thrilled about Jacksonville as a location.
We just have to make it 24 more hours.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blitz7x posted:

But.. but.. Rod Streater

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eric Berry is awesome but he's essentially on a 2/$20m deal. Who has need and cap space for that, Eagles and Jets?

Too rich for Idzik and for some reason Rex hates safeties. He laughed at the Jairus Byrd contract.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

gently caress you Marcel Reece owns.Shame about the whole FB-obsolescence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Marcel Reese is a better Mike Tolbert, who cares about his roster position