Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

I would have taken a screenshot but I found this one on the rift forums so I didn't have to take my own screenshot!

Nice! I try to "categorize" mine currently using chunks of the list for each spec. This will help out a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
So I stopped playing very shortly after launch, saw this went F2P and decided to give it another go. Currently 13 on my rogue, Rasokar. Hook me up with one of those guild invites whenever someone that can is online!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Nooooooo 2.7 is delayed.

I was looking forward to using Oracle and healing stuff as a Liberator :saddowns:.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

Nooooooo 2.7 is delayed.

I was looking forward to using Oracle and healing stuff as a Liberator :saddowns:.

More time for me to not login!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
drat it Trion, I just want to mage tank.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
These may be patch notes:

quote:

**blah blah boring crap**

CLASSES
* Silence and Disarm have been combined into a single type of effect called Debilitate. The following Silence and Disarm abilities have been changed to use this new debuff type:
- Arbiter: Choking Flood
- Cabalist: Sigil of Secrecy
- Dominator: Arresting Presence, Priest's Lament
- Druid: Grim Silence
- Paladin: Wrist Strike
- Pyromancer: Burn
- Void Knight: Shock, Shock Burst, Furious Rage (with the Staggering Rage talent)
- Warlock: Choke, Neddra's Torture
* Interrupts can now affect both spells and melee abilities.

CLERIC
* Presets: Fixed a typo in the Holy Fire Shaman preset description.
* Presets: Updated the Ritualist and Soul Harvester talent presets due to the changes to the Cabalist soul.

CABALIST
* Due to the extensive nature of this rework, please scroll further down to the next section, which has nothing but Cabalist details!

INQUISITOR
* Pursuit of Truth: Now more reliably applies to abilities after role changes.

JUSTICAR
* Snipped to shorten the post

WARDEN
* Curative Waters: Updated the ability description to help indicate that the AE cleanse is centered around the targeted ally and not the caster.
* Healing from Geyser:
- Now modified by talents that affect area effect healing.
- No longer modified by talents that only affect single target healing.

MAGE
* Planar Attunement: PVP: Rune Shield now functions as a flat 25% damage reduction instead of absorbing 25% damage. It now only works in PVP.

ARCHON
* Illuminate: No longer starts auto attack when cast.

CHLOROMANCER
* Lifegiving Veil: Updated the ability and buff descriptions to indicate it prevents healing from other Veils.
* Lifebound Veil: Updated the ability and buff descriptions to indicate it prevents healing from other Veils.

DOMINATOR
* Snipped to shorten the post

HARBINGER
* Eldritch Armor: Procs from this ability now only reduce the cast time of Mage abilities.
* Empyrean Ascension: Can no longer be purged.

STORMCALLER
* High Voltage:
- Now increases damage done by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Reduces damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5%.
* Wind Chill: Now a tier 2 talent.
* Icy Vortex: Now a tier 4 talent.

WARLOCK
* Opportunity: Now only affects Mage abilities.
* Vitality: Now increases Endurance instead of Max Health.

ROGUE

BLADEDANCER
* Strike Back: Can now critically hit.

NIGHTBLADE
* Heat Retention: Can no longer be purged.

RIFTSTALKER
* Shadow Distortion: New ability.
- Increases the threat generated by damaging abilities based on the Rogue's endurance.
- 40 point root ability.
* Acquittal: New ability.
- Charge an ally and intercept 50% of the damage they receive for 6s.
- This is a 32 point root ability.

SABOTEUR
* Choking Gas Bomb: Now applies a blocker buff to players it hits, preventing them from being hit by Choking Gas Bomb again for 15s.

WARRIOR

PALADIN
* Amnesty: New ability.
* Divine Edict: New ability.
- Increases the threat generated by damaging abilities based on the Warrior's endurance.
- 40 point root ability.

PARAGON
* Thread the Trees: Now removes movement debuffs when used.

RIFTBLADE
* Blade of the Ascended: Fixed an issue causing Blade of Elemental Affinity to have a 100% chance to proc. Is now correctly 25% base chance and augmented normally by Elemental Flux.

TEMPEST
* Charged Pulse: Now has a 3s buff it applies to the caster to enable use of Double Pulse.
* Double Pulse: Can now be cast while the Warrior has the Charged Pulse buff on them, instead of requiring that Charged Pulse be the previously cast ability.

VOID KNIGHT
* Void Presence: New ability.
- Increases the threat generated by damaging abilities based on the Warrior's endurance.
- 40 point root ability.
* Impunity: New ability.

WARLORD
* Into the Breach: Now removes movement debuffs when used.
* Battlefield Experience: No longer affects Into the Breach.
* Forced March: Is now off the Global Cooldown Timer.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* Mage Tanking gear can be found in Expert Dungeons!

INFERNAL DAWN
* Laethys: Updated the encounter so that Silver Slagwalkers spawn near the Greed Elemental. Additionally, they no longer have a damage reflect shield.

HIVE KAAZ'GFUU: QUEEN'S GAMBIT
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to loot the random chest multiple times.

PVP AND WARFRONTS

BATTLE FOR PORT SCION
* The resurrect timer window can now be moved around the screen, and it's position will be remembered the next time it displays.

DIMENSIONS
* If you complete the meta-achievement Conqueror: Bindings of Blood, you'll receive the key to the new Charmer's Caldera dimension!
- It contains one Eth temple, its courtyard, and a pool of deadly lava.
- This means it our only dimension that can kill without PVP dimension items!
* We've improved the Dimension Item Mystery Box; the new version is sold under the name Mystery Box: Dimensional Wonders.
- The box has over 200 more items in it, about 90 of which are completely new and cannot be acquired in any other way.
- Awesome new items include the Mossy Tavern, Animated Dendrome Wall, and Scaffold Elevator!
- The only items removed from the box are the dragon floats, which you can still buy separately with Carnival currency.
* We've added a new type of dimensional item: the Time of Day
- There are 24 of these items, one for each hour of the day.
- They are sold in kits in the RIFT Store. Find them under Dimensions>Interactive>Tools checkbox. You can also rarely acquire them from the Mystery Box: Dimensional Wonders.
- When you place a Time of Day in your dimension, it sets and fixes the dimension's time of day to that time.
- The Fine Print: Times of Day won't change the lighting or sky in those dimensions where the lighting and sky does not normally change throughout the day.
- Adding another Time of Day replaces the effect of any earlier ones placed, much like how the music boxes work.

CRAFTING
* All players should now be able to achieve these fishing achievements: Pierless Angler, Ultimate Dusken Angler, and Ultimate Brevanic Angler.
* Recipes for endurance runes for 2-handed weapons are now available on the RIFT Store and Runecrafter recipe vendor.

ITEMS
* Storm Legion costume armor is now tintable.
* Reinforced Ascended's Large Grips now has primary/secondary dye options.
* The Doctor's Coat now has the appropriate appearance for Dwarf folk.
* The End of Hope now drops more frequently.
* Fixed the upgrade path for Empyreal Vanquisher's Fortified Brooch, thanks to qUiXui on the forums!
* Several of the tanking weapons from Raid Tier 3 will now proc more frequently.
* Some armor pieces from Greenscale and Akylios have received more desirable stats.

== CABALIST ==
*cab stuff that bloats this post for 99% of people that would read it, trust me cab is super easy*

Gonna highlight my least favorite part:

quote:

* Interrupts can now affect both spells and melee abilities.

What if a boss interrupts my Flurry at 1 tick?!?!?!?

Also Cornered Beast at 3 ticks or fewer, obv.

quote:

TEMPEST
* Charged Pulse: Now has a 3s buff it applies to the caster to enable use of Double Pulse.
* Double Pulse: Can now be cast while the Warrior has the Charged Pulse buff on them, instead of requiring that Charged Pulse be the previously cast ability.

Can a real warrior player explain what this does to my tempest rotation? I'm like the worst tempest NA.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 7, 2014

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

Doesn't change the Tempest rotation any, it just makes it easier to use, especially in macros, like all the other off the global cooldown proc abilities.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
DoL is pretty neat now, especially with Total Assurance. Cleric souls are still too centered around 61/58-pointers to be useful on anything other than a tank spec though, unless Oracle can sacrifice Flaring Power for it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

DoL is pretty neat now, especially with Total Assurance. Cleric souls are still too centered around 61/58-pointers to be useful on anything other than a tank spec though, unless Oracle can sacrifice Flaring Power for it.

Anything less than 61 point oracle is probably terrible, just like anything less than 61 bard is terrible.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

It's not flaring power it's orchestra of the planes / lava field. It actually makes me disproportionately angry when people call it flaring power because they clearly don't actually know what flaring does (flaring is actually not an outright damage buff - it's a spell power / attack power buff which means your healers also get to use it to minmax their own damage output as opposed to heals since they will heal/shield for more per gcd and also 15% sp/ap tends to be more than 15% damage due to sp/ap scaling on skills) and augh.

That said I'm going to have to learn what I actually need to debuff because of how those Oracle negative auras work. Pretty sure Corroded Defense is on par with Coda of Jeopardy in being better than Illuminate / Spotters in terms of duration, but the Physical/Magic debuff are weird.

Also I'm still pretty sure that casting a 1 second BoD on the last tick of Emblem of Alacrity is a dps gain but I'll have to do some more oracle parsing. If I play Oracle tonight I'll like, do some streaming, hopefully of our bard and/or dps losing their poo poo at my awful debuff/buff uptime.

Also someone invite me to a TDQ/IDH for "pro" oracling or Liberator heals thanks in advance~.

As for Oracle as an offsoul - I tried Defiler with Oracle/Sentinel offsoul on the only encounter where that spec would be relevant and it didn't feel like it was ahead of Defiler/Sentinel/Inq to be worth using (with a real tradeoff of heal output vs hp total). A certain cleric (read: Ahov) was saying in 60 chat that 61 Defiler / 10 Inq / 5 Oracle was now the best defiler spec but I have doubts as to whether it outparses Dark Water or Tidal Surge (it's certainly fewer dots to manage to manage compared to the Dark Water spec and a dps gain over 61 Defiler / 10 Inq / 5 Sentinel) especially since the Dark Water spec is good on fights where you can't rely as much on Pain Transmission. Certainly anywhere you were using Sentinel Offsoul for anything that wasn't healing focused is going to want Oracle Offsoul instead for the better gift and spammable Emblem of Ice during movement.

As for PvP, if you're not using the blink defiler spec you'll still want to evaluate Oracle vs Inquisitor for your third offsoul - it's 3% healing vs 3% endurance, basically.

Also you replace 4 Inquisitor in Purifier with 4 Oracle because of that gift. Also Inquisitor points from Warden with Oracle. Basically replace Inquisitor offsoul in heal specs unless you really wanted vex or you're defiler because defiler dps is relevant on most encounters.

TL;DR: Oracle best new soul as an offsoul unless you are running Chloro/Arbiter. Also, Cleric DPS to be ignored until 3.0 because clerics get to do like, 8 things in raid that aren't DPS again. Yay!!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 8, 2014

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Ouch, new soul pack is 4500. I was expecting 3100ish like the SL souls.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

A certain cleric (read: Ahov) was saying in 60 chat that 61 Defiler / 10 Inq / 5 Oracle was now the best defiler spec but I have doubts as to whether it outparses Dark Water or Tidal Surge (it's certainly fewer dots to manage to manage compared to the Dark Water spec and a dps gain over 61 Defiler / 10 Inq / 5 Sentinel)
Oracle also gets to do more than zero damage while moving, which has always been a major shortcoming of Inq/Sent, but Cab is probably still better in that department. I'd doubt that it outdamages Dark Water because the DW spec has too many high-damage skills and Unbounded Obliteration is a buff to Pain Transmission. The second-tier Oracle abilities also look like they have a lot of nifty potential, but I'd need to find out what they stack with (and I need to actually buy the soul first).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Oracle also gets to do more than zero damage while moving, which has always been a major shortcoming of Inq/Sent, but Cab is probably still better in that department. I'd doubt that it outdamages Dark Water because the DW spec has too many high-damage skills and Unbounded Obliteration is a buff to Pain Transmission. The second-tier Oracle abilities also look like they have a lot of nifty potential, but I'd need to find out what they stack with (and I need to actually buy the soul first).

Oracle does exactly what a bard does barring some low point motifs (inspirations). Therefore basically nothing an oracle does will stack with what a bard does and in fact they will overwrite each other's poo poo and mess up their buff uptime.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

New patch is out.

quote:

* Fixed an issue with one of the mech suit's abilities that was preventing players from completing the Chronicle. As such, it has now been re-enabled!
Hmm wonder what this issue is ab--

.... Oh. Well, I don't think it's actually fixed!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

New patch is out.

Hmm wonder what this issue is ab--

.... Oh. Well, I don't think it's actually fixed!

All I'm getting out of this screenshot is you don't have separate buttons to hardcast BoJ and BoR.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

All I'm getting out of this screenshot is you don't have separate buttons to hardcast BoJ and BoR.
I just strafe to do that. It doesn't matter that much since I hardly ever play Inquisitor (I was only doing it because I was in Boneforge), and BoR is usually better even with no Echoing Concord because of the BoD double-cast exploit that still isn't fixed.

I'll rebind it to G if I ever give a poo poo.

e: Also just gave Cab a test and it looks like its ST DPS does a LOT more than it used to (on top of having a brain-meltingly easy rotation now, it's basically 5 hotbar buttons for the entire spec and 3-4 of those are just things to cast every 15 seconds), not a whole lot less than Inquisitor now, and Dominion gives it a lot of utility (i.e. 40 straight seconds of AOE silence).

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 10, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

e: Also just gave Cab a test and it looks like its ST DPS does a LOT more than it used to (on top of having a brain-meltingly easy rotation now, it's basically 5 hotbar buttons for the entire spec and 3-4 of those are just things to cast every 15 seconds), not a whole lot less than Inquisitor now, and Dominion gives it a lot of utility (i.e. 40 straight seconds of AOE silence).

Yeah, Cab ST is really good now, it's about 2k or so behind Inquisitor ST self-buffed and it falls behind some more with some raid scaling but it's definitely a real spec now.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Another quirk of it is that it has basically no burst damage cooldowns now except for Oblivion, and Oblivion's usefulness varies a lot. It might be better to go 58 cab and put points into Agent of Affliction instead since almost all of its damage is delayed/DOTs and get yet another purge. I'd guess it would be better than Inquisitor on any fight that involves AOE and doesn't have a burn phase.

And I misread Dominion, it's 25 straight seconds of AOE silence, oh well.

What's the deal with mage tank gear by the way? Did they add drops anywhere? The craftable recipes in the store are all blues.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 10, 2014

CornbeefAndCabbage
Feb 20, 2006
Spin round' the carousel

OneEightHundred posted:

What's the deal with mage tank gear by the way? Did they add drops anywhere? The craftable recipes in the store are all blues.

Yeah all of the storm legion expert dungeons have mage tank drops now. In terms of epics that I've found so far: Archive has boots, tower has a hat, deepstrike has a staff, boneforge has a wand.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

I can't tell if it's Physician that's awful, or the rogues that have never healed before that are awful, but I'm seeing tank HP bars get way too low way too often and pretty much every healer mechanic (like "push your Cleanse button") getting totally ignored.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

I can't tell if it's Physician that's awful, or the rogues that have never healed before that are awful, but I'm seeing tank HP bars get way too low way too often and pretty much every healer mechanic (like "push your Cleanse button") getting totally ignored.

It's rogues being awful.

OneEightHundred posted:

Another quirk of it is that it has basically no burst damage cooldowns now except for Oblivion, and Oblivion's usefulness varies a lot. It might be better to go 58 cab and put points into Agent of Affliction instead since almost all of its damage is delayed/DOTs and get yet another purge. I'd guess it would be better than Inquisitor on any fight that involves AOE and doesn't have a burn phase.

Uhhhhhh the 61 point cd is super relevant for any AoE because AoE by design is done in burst cycles. You'd time it with a raid cooldown.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

Uhhhhhh the 61 point cd is super relevant for any AoE because AoE by design is done in burst cycles. You'd time it with a raid cooldown.
Yeah and that varies. Like Matriarch is pretty AOE heavy but the adds are huge bags of health.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Man I bet this drops as often as the original item:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Man I bet this drops as often as the original item:

gently caress this stupid tier and its stupid loving trinkets and stupid loving weapons and stupid loving itemization

i cant wait to play dkp suicide roulette with all the other warriors and win the gimp greenscale sword instead of the one where a 95% uptime proc increases your damage by 10%

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

gently caress this stupid tier and its stupid loving trinkets and stupid loving weapons and stupid loving itemization

i cant wait to play dkp suicide roulette with all the other warriors and win the gimp greenscale sword instead of the one where a 95% uptime proc increases your damage by 10%

You say that like you think it's going to drop.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

Man at least your proc is like, cool.

York thinks 500 SP = 500 AP, percentagewise :allears:.

Also Laethys drops a thing with the same proc :laffo:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 14, 2014

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

You say that like you think it's going to drop.

it wont. akylios 2.0's loot table is ENORMOUS. on top of that there's a miserable loving warrior 1h with a useless proc somewhere in there too.

Zoness posted:

Man at least your proc is like, cool.

York thinks 500 SP = 500 AP, percentagewise :allears:.

Also Laethys drops a thing with the same proc :laffo:.

kraken's spine has almost 40 less endurance than plane cleaver while the laethys 2h has like 230 endurance

we've been yorked

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm gonna see how this game has progressed over the last year or two - gonna log in as Mudflap - can I get an invite when someone gets on?

Thanks!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I am also trying it out again. Please invite Lemmendicant when you get a moment. Thanks!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

quote:

CRAFTING

ARTIFICER & OUTFITTER
* Added recipes for epic Mage tank ring, helmet, cape, and belt.
Oh good, it that should make it easier to g---

... for gently caress's sake.

QPZIL posted:

I'm gonna see how this game has progressed over the last year or two
This should sum up the progression pretty well:

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 15, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Oh good, it that should make it easier to g---

I don't get it? That's super cheap, not even any of the daily cooldown mats. I mean literally like 40p and then probably 100-400p for the augment.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

KaneTW posted:

I don't get it? That's super cheap, not even any of the daily cooldown mats. I mean literally like 40p and then probably 100-400p for the augment.
It's an outfitter recipe with an artificer skill requirement.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

OneEightHundred posted:

It's an outfitter recipe with an artificer skill requirement.

And people say Trion is bad at incentivizing Trade Skill Extensions.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Someone log in my character and make that? I don't get the problem. I probably even have the spare mats minus aug.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Invite Communistic to the guild please.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Today's hotfix fixed the crafting issue.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
On again tonight if anyone can send an invite to Mudflap por favor

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Caught up guild invites for last 2 pages.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Looking for invites on Ralzarek and Zerumel. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
All right here we go this is proper oracle doing:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread