Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You REALLY should be using LOOT, which is basically BOSS that actually relies on the contents of any given mod instead of the master list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
LOOT? I assume that's different than Lootification?

Google isn't bringing anything up for me. Can I get a link?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I assume it's Load Order Optimizer Something-that-starts-with-T

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Ah. So it's basically BOSS v3.0.

Gotchya, guess I'll check that out.

I'm still not seeing how this would take over lootification?

BOSS can't do anything but reorganize leveled lists. It doesn't combine or merge them.

Goldfinch
Feb 15, 2013

big-boned :colbert:
Load Order Optimisation Tool - it's made by the same people as BOSS, I think; BOSS 3.0 turned into LOOT. Anyway, it's here: http://loot.github.io/ and it might be worth looking through the FAQ: https://github.com/loot/loot.github.io/wiki/LOOT-FAQs

I'm still using the newest BOSS, though... I'm a bit worried about changing to LOOT and messing with my load order since it seems to be stable now.

e: AFAIK, neither one of them has anything to do with leveled lists or Lootification. They're just for setting your load order.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A dumb question about building your TES5Edit Merged Patch: Why remove the Leveled Lists of items from it after the build? Should you not also do that for NPCs?

Minor extra thing to add: God drat do I love Grimy Bunyip and his various mods. https://sites.google.com/site/grimyskyrim/my-mods/skytweak SkyTweak is the best thing ever for doing tons and tons of poo poo in-game that you would otherwise require a minor mod to be made for.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 7, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Arkitektbmw posted:

I really don't understand the purpose of running BOSS during lootification.

I typically go through a process like this:

- Install mods
- BOSS Sort
- Sort leftovers
- Create TESVEdit Merged Patch
- Rebuild Bashed Patch
- Run lootification (-NOBOSS)

Is there something I'm missing out by skipping BOSS during lootification?

Most people create a Bashed Patch prior to creating a TEV5Edit Merged Patch.

code:
Pre-requisites:
Install SKSE, Mod Organizer (MO), BOSS, TES5Edit, and Wrye Bash
Setup the last 3 as executabes in MO 

1. Launch everything through Mod Organizer. Seriously, everything.
2. Load mods into Mod Organizer
3. Select the mods you want to use
  -- SkyUI will complain about not seeing SKSE.  It will work fine anyway.
4. Run BOSS
  -- If any mods are unrecognized, add them manually to your BOSS list and re-run BOSS.
5. Use TES5Edit to clean mods marked as dirty by BOSS.
  --Some mods should remain dirty, and are indicated as such in their documentation.
  --Does anyone have a good list of common mods where this is true?
  --Open a mod, along with any dependent masters.
  --Left-click to open the mod to see what's going on.
  --Right-click, select "Apply Filter for Cleaning"
  --Right-click, select "Remove Identical to Master Records"
  --Right-click, select "Undelete and Disable References"
6. Organize the mods in the left-hand pane of Mod Organizer in the same priority as BOSS organized the ESPs and ESMs in the right-hand pane
7. Run Wrye Bash
8. Create Bashed Patch
9. Activate Bashed Patch
10. Run TES5Edit
11. Create Merged Patch, removing Levelled Lists)
    Start TES5Edit.
    Click the "Ok" button on the window that pops up to load all your mods.
    Wait for everything to finish loading.
    Right-click anywhere on the left hand panel (the one that lists all your mods).
    Select "Other > Create Merged Patch" from the menu that appears.
    Click "Yes" to close the next window.
    Name your patch.
    Wait for TES5Edit to finish creating the patch.
	Click the plus sign next to your merged patch to open it up.
    Right-click the "Leveled Item" category in the patch, and select "Remove" from the menu.
12. Go into the Overwrite folder, and re-run Wrye Bash
13. Delete the contents of the Overwrite folder
14. Activate Merged Patch
15. Create various proccer patches (e.g. Automatic Variants)
  -- Ensure you run proccers from inside of MO
  -- Using SUM can help do this quickly and reliably
16. Activate various proccer patches
17. Run SKSE_Loader
18. Play Skyrim until you decide to play with mods some more
19. Install ENB
20. In case of savefile bloat, add an .ini file for skse and write ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Generally best sequence for mod installation:
Fixes / Patches
Interface / UI
Graphics
Landscape and Environment
Characters & Creatures
Clothing & Equipment
Animations & Effects
Clutter & Miscellaneous
Sound
Gameplay

If using the STEP Extended Patch, then the "Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests" file, and the compatibility patches for Non-Essential Children, The Choice is Yours, and The Paarthurnax Dilemma are not needed. Those are included in the STEP Extended Patch. 

Manual BOSS edits:
 Skyfalls + Skymills + DG + DB.esp goes immediately after Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
 Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp goes immediately after ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp 

NOTES: The following can be safely deactivated or removed if using the USKP and the STEP Patches.

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp - redundant with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch
    StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp - redundant with the STEP Patches
    StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp - redundant with the STEP Patches   

Clean BirdsHFclean.esp
Distant DetailHF.esp 

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Arkitektbmw posted:

Is there something I'm missing out by skipping BOSS during lootification?

Lots of people never sort their load order at all and try and run skyrim with a load order like skyrim.esp > lli.esp > dawnguard.esm because they are pants on head retarded. But lli.esp has dawnguard as a master so skyrim crashes as soon as the logo finishes playing because bethesda was too lazy to make an error window for an out of order or missing master file. Then Leviathan would get hundreds of angry emails a day because people couldn't follow instructions so he made all skyproc patchers run BOSS automatically. Sadly that has its own set of problems that are much more subtle. Actually sorting your stuff and then running patchers with -NOBOSS is the best thing to do. I'll probably force my patchers to skip BOSS if I can get it working right in the next update or so.

Apoplexy posted:

A dumb question about building your TES5Edit Merged Patch: Why remove the Leveled Lists of items from it after the build? Should you not also do that for NPCs?

Minor extra thing to add: God drat do I love Grimy Bunyip and his various mods. https://sites.google.com/site/grimyskyrim/my-mods/skytweak SkyTweak is the best thing ever for doing tons and tons of poo poo in-game that you would otherwise require a minor mod to be made for.

If you have a Bashed Patch you don't want the Merged Patch's leveled list overwriting the leveled lists. But unless Bashed Patches have gotten a big upgrade recently they don't include the majority of information for NPCs that Merged Patches do.

Grimy's mods are awesome. He started making those mods in the ck with autohotkey scripts to edit thousands of records because he didn't know there were any tools to really automate it. Guy's insane. I wish he had continued to do his mod reviews though. He was chemotherapy for skyrim modding.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Maybe the wrong thread for this but I guess it falls under troubleshooting:

I just started messing around again, and am doing the civil war stuff. I'm doing Imperial side and have the Reunification of Skyrim quest. I can't advance because Rikke isn't showing up at the camp in the Pale like she's supposed to. I've tried the suggestions I've read on google (wait 24 hours to see if she shows up, go ask Tulius how the civil war is going, etc.) and nothing has worked. I may try to disable all of my addons and try again in case one is interfering but I'm not using that many.

I'm sure you guys have run into that before as it seems like a common problem, any idea how to fix it?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's the reason I'm an evangelical Deadly Combat lover and anti-DUEList. DUEL is such a loving lazy mod for so many people to be proclaiming its value, while Deadly Combat has a ton of features that legitimately have impact in-game.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I've reinstalled everything and I want to use ASIS, which I have before, but for some reason its not adding any extra spawns.

I set the spawn increases to basically guarantee 1 or 2 extra spawns and it installed/ran it via Mod Organizer but in game gently caress all happens.

I had this working before and there wasn't a problem at all. I would get packs of like 6-7 wolves and huge groups of bandits.

Is there a trick I'm missin ghere?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ugh, Jesus loving Christ do I hate the modding community. You guys who create the mods who have been bitching about them are 100% right. So Follower Live Package is a mod that adds tons of things your follower will do when idle, right? Well, the thing comes with the base mod, a compatibility patch for EFF, and another for AFT. Guess what some loving retard felt the need to post? "Hi, is it compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks ?" I WONDER. Go figure, the mod creator actually wasted his time to respond to that, but this is the kind of rudimentary loving bullshit I see all over the place, queries that you need but a brain to render an obstacle no more. Another one was asking whether or not a mod that deals with textures is compatible with an ENB configuration. Just ridiculous.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Apoplexy posted:

He's the reason I'm an evangelical Deadly Combat lover and anti-DUEList. DUEL is such a loving lazy mod for so many people to be proclaiming its value, while Deadly Combat has a ton of features that legitimately have impact in-game.

Huh. I'm using DUEL right now. What does Deadly Combat have that's better?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Sylink posted:

I've reinstalled everything and I want to use ASIS, which I have before, but for some reason its not adding any extra spawns.

I set the spawn increases to basically guarantee 1 or 2 extra spawns and it installed/ran it via Mod Organizer but in game gently caress all happens.

I had this working before and there wasn't a problem at all. I would get packs of like 6-7 wolves and huge groups of bandits.

Is there a trick I'm missin ghere?

Have you tried fast traveling around? If you load into a previously loaded cell where stuff has already spawned I don't believe ASIS will have any effect.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sylink posted:

Is there a trick I'm missing here?

Tooting my own horn here: Improved ASIS INIs.

Also, you should do this:

I have posted:

Go to a secluded interior (I use Anise's Cellar for this.)
Manually save your game in a new slot
Open the console and use the command PCB.
Now, In the console, type: set timescale to 1000000
Close the console.
Wait a few seconds until 31 in-game days have passed.
Open the console again and type set timescale to 20
Manually save your game again in another new slot.
Quit to desktop.
Now restart and load the last save.
This process forces everything that can respawn to respawn. I recommend doing it every time you rerun ASIS or any SkyProc patcher.

On another issue entirely, Spectraverse is the bomb. EnaiSiaion has basically become my second automatic download modder (with TrainWiz being the first.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 8, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Iunnrais posted:

Huh. I'm using DUEL right now. What does Deadly Combat have that's better?

I dunno about the current version of DUEL but for a long time it didn't actually do 95% of what it claimed it did. Grimy did a tear down of what was actually in the mod and I decompiled the scripts and the vast majority of what it claims to change just isn't there at all. The majority of the actual changes in the esp aren't loaded by the game, the changes that are loaded are crummy (archery staggers you, all weapon damage increased by 20% so magic is even worse comparatively) or outright broken (shield wall actually makes blocking worse). The author's response was a huge hissyfit and taking the mod down for a week and claiming that anyone trying to test it or observe skyrim's memory when it loads mods was wrong and he had made a functioning skyrim AI simulator to develop his mod.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does anyone happen to know where the spell tome for the Invested Magic version of Bound Battleaxe? I'm playing a warrior who exclusively uses conjured weapons and having to recast every 2 minutes is annoying, but I've only found the vanilla tome so far.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Still the best mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esAw-rrpUc

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Alternate start is glitching on me. I started in Winterhold, and now if I go into the hall of the elements, it won't stop giving me free levels in alteration! (Note that I've visited the Augur, so I'm well past the "tutorial" that it's giving me XP for)

I don't want to cheat like that. Is it safe to uninstall, or are there any other fixes?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I've only made it about 40 pages into the thread, and well this escalated quickly :stare:

(I realize I'm probably missing DLC patches here)

I've never modded Skyrim before beyond the Unofficial patches, but having played up to a mid 40s level character with those, I felt like it needed some more spicing up. SPERG and Morrowloot seem like great ideas, and I've also thrown in some of the other items that seem like standbys from the 45 pages of thread I've read so far. I don't think I chose anything that's outright incompatible.

I'm playing on a PC with an i3570k CPU, 8gb RAM, a Radeon 7970 3gb & 1440p monitor. Skyrim vanilla plays flawlessly, so I think I can manage the fancy texture packs and add Project ENB on top of that? Looks are sort of secondary but the aMidianBorn work is really cool.

There are a couple things I'm unclear or would like advice on (naturally)-- Is Interesting NPCs actually any good? I'd love more bustling settled areas but the mention of spotty voice acting and recording is offputting. Also I want combat to be harder, but not Dark Souls hard. Is Deadly Combat and/or Deadly Dragons the best thing going?

Lastly of course am I missing anything really important? (Besides learning how to get Wrye to make all these things play nicely.)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I had what I thought was a really smooth and stable build, but then something happened that borked it all again. There's now one specific spot between the first standing stones and Riverwood (along the river where the wolves ambush you) that always makes me CTD, and for some reason heading toward Falkreath has been crashing me too.

The only other thing I can think of is reordering my unrecognized mods in MO. How do I find out which order the mods BOSS doesn't recognize are supposed to go?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

the yeti posted:

Lastly of course am I missing anything really important? (Besides learning how to get Wrye to make all these things play nicely.)

Mods:
  1. Spectraverse, by the person who did Thunderchild, Dwemerverse and Apocalypse Spells!
  2. Skyrim Immersive Creatures. If you use this, grab the Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade compatibility patch in the CCOR files section.
  3. Skyrim Misc Patches Collection, a collection of fixes too small to put into the USKP.
  4. Wet and Cold.
  5. Deadly Dragons.
  6. Immersive Armors
  7. Unofficial SPERG Patches. The Apocalypse Spells page also has a SPERG patch you should probably use.
  8. The Cutting Room Floor.
  9. Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild. Basically does the same sort of thing Thieves Guild Requirements does, but for the Companions.
  10. A Quality World Map - With Roads
  11. Ditch Alternate Start - Live Another Life and use Skyrim Unbound instead. More stable, more compatible, less lovely Arthmoor writing.

General Advice:
  • Don't forget to open up SPERG on there and move the SPERG-DB.esp and SPERG-DG.esp patches into your load order.
  • Ditch Faster Mining, CCOR has that as a built in option.
  • Use a TES5Edit merged patch, not Wrye Bash. It's more comprehensive, Wrye Bash isn't very functional for Skyrim yet.

sticklefifer posted:

I had what I thought was a really smooth and stable build, but then something happened that borked it all again. There's now one specific spot between the first standing stones and Riverwood (along the river where the wolves ambush you) that always makes me CTD, and for some reason heading toward Falkreath has been crashing me too.

The only other thing I can think of is reordering my unrecognized mods in MO. How do I find out which order the mods BOSS doesn't recognize are supposed to go?

I generally stick them next to mods of a similar type, weapon mods with weapon mods, spell mods with spell mods, etc.

Also, try the trick I posted earlier (the one involving Anise's Cellar.) That usually fixes things for me when I have location-based crashes like that.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 9, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Agents are GO! posted:

Also, try the trick I posted earlier (the one involving Anise's Cellar.) That usually fixes things for me when I have location-based crashes like that.
Yeah, I was going to try that next. My CTD spot is right across the river from there so I have to be careful where I walk. But I'll try it! Murdering Anise is pretty much the first thing I do on a playthrough after Helgen anyway, if the nearby treant from Immersive Creatures doesn't do it first.

[edit]It said I couldn't wait while trespassing in Anise's cellar, even though she's been dead for I guess months now. I have Hidden Hideouts and I've found a couple so I'm just using that.

the yeti posted:

There are a couple things I'm unclear or would like advice on (naturally)-- Is Interesting NPCs actually any good? I'd love more bustling settled areas but the mention of spotty voice acting and recording is offputting. Also I want combat to be harder, but not Dark Souls hard. Is Deadly Combat and/or Deadly Dragons the best thing going?

I use Dragon Combat Overhaul, which makes dragon fights a good deal harder and adds some interesting elements to fights like a chance to wing them with an arrow, and a few other new abilities they use. Apparently it plays nicely with Deadly Dragons though, so you can feasibly use both if you want super hard epic dragon fights.

Interesting NPCs is one of my favorite mods, honestly. It gives the world so much color, I've gotten some cool quests and followers out of it, and most of their stories are pretty interesting as the name implies. One of the cooler ones I've found was stumbling upon a very well acted ex-assassin hiding out in an abandoned farmhouse with a little girl he's protecting from the Dark Brotherhood who wanted her dead. I don't even think there was a quest behind it, it was just something happening in the world. If you want even more flavor I recommend OBIS and Immersive Patrols too.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 9, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I was going to try that next. My CTD spot is right across the river from there so I have to be careful where I walk. But I'll try it! Murdering Anise is pretty much the first thing I do on a playthrough after Helgen anyway, if the nearby treant from Immersive Creatures doesn't do it first.

You can do it in ANY secluded interior COC QASmoke works well too, you just have to COC your way back to Skyrim after.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ive been pushing the upper limit on my esp/esm count. Whats the best way to merge mods? Ive been using a TES5edit script, but it seems to be hit-n-miss.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
When it comes to High-Res texture mods, is that all on the GPU in Skyrim? Reason I'm asking is thatmy CPU is older than dirt at this point (Athlon 64 X2 7850+ 2.8GHz) but my GPU is somewhat decent (GTX 750) and I'm wondering if adding texture mods is going to be detrimental or not.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So here comes a painful modding noob question: how, exactly, do I check my load order with BOSS/LOOT via Mod Organiser? Whenever I click "sort" in the MO screen it gives me an error saying it couldn't get a BOSS handshake or something.

deathrat
May 25, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

Ive been pushing the upper limit on my esp/esm count. Whats the best way to merge mods? Ive been using a TES5edit script, but it seems to be hit-n-miss.

No real other way at the moment, as far as I know.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

When it comes to High-Res texture mods, is that all on the GPU in Skyrim? Reason I'm asking is thatmy CPU is older than dirt at this point (Athlon 64 X2 7850+ 2.8GHz) but my GPU is somewhat decent (GTX 750) and I'm wondering if adding texture mods is going to be detrimental or not.

It shouldn't hurt you too bad depending on how much VRAM you have. You may also want to run ENBoost as well.

Deltasquid posted:

So here comes a painful modding noob question: how, exactly, do I check my load order with BOSS/LOOT via Mod Organiser? Whenever I click "sort" in the MO screen it gives me an error saying it couldn't get a BOSS handshake or something.

Try updating Mod Organizer.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Agents are GO! posted:

You can do it in ANY secluded interior COC QASmoke works well too, you just have to COC your way back to Skyrim after.
I waited over 31 days in a secluded interior, and it still CTD'd right at that one spot between Embershard Mine and Riverwood, so it HAD to be the wolves spawning. The only thing I could possibly think of that would affect that spawn was that Immersive Creatures was adding wolf pups to the pack and for whatever reason my build didn't like it. So I disabled Immersive Creatures, and yup, I can walk through there now without crashing.

In case anyone else runs into this: I disabled Immersive Creatures (AND my merged patch), loaded up the game, went to that spot and killed the wolves, saved/quit, reenabled IC, and reloaded. I don't know if it'll happen again the next time there's a respawn there, but it's not like it's an area I travel through often. Fast travel to bypass it works fine.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 9, 2014

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So how can I be sure my ASIS install is working? I can see it under my mod config menu, and can edit the spawn values, but nothing seems to be noticeably different thus far (Two hours of play) I noticed it says you need Java, have I just missed a step somewhere?

Also, playing around with SPERG and enjoying it quite a bit, My only complaint is that even on legendary things don't pose much of a challenge (level 7). I'm only applying a perk point every 2 levels to stop me from getting hideously overpowered.

And before I forget to ask, how do I go about disabling SPERG perks in ASIS?

Edit; just noticed ASIS chat earlier on this very page. I'll try that stuff out and see if it works for me.

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 9, 2014

deathrat
May 25, 2010

crazkylo posted:

So how can I be sure my ASIS install is working? I can see it under my mod config menu, and can edit the spawn values, but nothing seems to be noticeably different thus far (Two hours of play) I noticed it says you need Java, have I just missed a step somewhere?

Also, playing around with SPERG and enjoying it quite a bit, My only complaint is that even on legendary things don't pose much of a challenge (level 7). I'm only applying a perk point every 2 levels to stop me from getting hideously overpowered.

Edit; just noticed ASIS chat earlier on this very page. I'll try that stuff out and see if it works for me.

ASIS is one of a few mods that features a "SkyProc Patcher", which is basically a Java patcher that a mod can use to generate a dynamic esp. You need to run the included JAR file in order for it to work properly(If you're using Mod Organizer, make sure you run it through that).

Also, if you really want the right amount of challenging, throw in SkyTweak and Deadly Combat, then fine-tune them until you get your desired results.

deathrat fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 9, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

crazkylo posted:

Yeah it totally sounds like you missed a step there. Run the JAR file. If you're not having enough challenge, use my INIs, they make it significantly harder.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

crazkylo posted:

Do you have ASIS.esp or just ASIS-dependency.esp? If you don't have ASIS.esp you didn't run the patcher. I'll add a message popup to the next version that will detect if ASIS.esp is missing (or SUM.esp is present) to help make that more obvious.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So it looks like Terzaerian, of Follower Commentary Overhaul and the mods making Nazeem, Anska, and Heimskr into fully-fledged voiced followers fame, put out a mod combining his previous works together into making a good deal of NPCs into voiced followers. Pretty darn nice, I would say.And here's a spreadsheet detailing the NPCs and their new functionality. Some pretty good specializing of them, in my opinion.

deathrat
May 25, 2010

B-Team is awesome, and Terzaerian is actually fellow Goon and frequent poster in this thread, The Mad Archivist.

deathrat fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 10, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

the yeti posted:

I've only made it about 40 pages into the thread, and well this escalated quickly :stare:

(I realize I'm probably missing DLC patches here)

I've never modded Skyrim before beyond the Unofficial patches, but having played up to a mid 40s level character with those, I felt like it needed some more spicing up. SPERG and Morrowloot seem like great ideas, and I've also thrown in some of the other items that seem like standbys from the 45 pages of thread I've read so far. I don't think I chose anything that's outright incompatible.

I'm playing on a PC with an i3570k CPU, 8gb RAM, a Radeon 7970 3gb & 1440p monitor. Skyrim vanilla plays flawlessly, so I think I can manage the fancy texture packs and add Project ENB on top of that? Looks are sort of secondary but the aMidianBorn work is really cool.

Agents Are GO! and his list of recommendations are pretty spot-on, as always. I can add a handful of recommendations to add onto his list: Inconsequential NPCs adds a whole lot of appropriate and unobtrusive-yet-functional NPCs, primarily in cities. Deadly Combat is definitely what you want for making combat harder, along with some of the AI-altering mods like Revenge of the Enemies and Enhanced Enemy AI. By the way, you totally should get both Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, they're fantastic.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

deathrat posted:

B-Team is awesome, and Terzaerian is actually Goon and frequent poster in this thread, The Mad Archivist.

I did know the latter part of this, just not his name on here. Awesome work, Mad Archivist!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Unfortunately I wasn't able to playtest most of the NPCs on that sheet but the couple that I did do worked pretty well. Svana was regularly killing people with her shield and Embry procced the paralyzing strike once on a giant. It was pretty sweet.

What I'm really interested to see is if Ingun can actually harvest double ingredients.

Also note, if you hate picking locks, all the thieves guild mooks should be specced for lockpick - all you need to do is ask them to perform an action and then target the lock. If they have the skill, they will pick it.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Thanks guys! I think I puzzled everything out, and at least Skyrim Unbound fired up and all the UI stuff, textures (so far), and Deadly Combat seem to be doing what they're meant to. I installed Project ENB with the Fantasy settings, that's quite a spruce-up compared to the vanilla palette. I'm quite pleased so far to say the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, while I generally attempt to refrain from linking to Reddit because of rampant internet tribalism demanding everyone who cares about their online "cred" when seeing someone do so, I am hoping someone could comment on my bashing of ApolloDown here. I couldn't resist the opportunity to post a criticism while he was in one of the rare places he doesn't have full moderator powers over anyone who dares bring up the fact that he behaves like Abed from Community on bath salts. Somehow he's 12 years old, even though some of his references that he firehose-vomits all over the place pre-date that, meaning he's behaving quite immature for the 40-year-old he has to be.

the yeti posted:

Thanks guys! I think I puzzled everything out, and at least Skyrim Unbound fired up and all the UI stuff, textures (so far), and Deadly Combat seem to be doing what they're meant to. I installed Project ENB with the Fantasy settings, that's quite a spruce-up compared to the vanilla palette. I'm quite pleased so far to say the very least.
While Project ENB IS pretty decent and all, it is actually kinda outdated right now. I really wouldn't otherwise make an ENB preset recommendation, as there's so many and everyone's tastes are quite fine-tuned and all, but if you wish to update to something more current by a half-year of frequent ENB update releases, I heartily recommend
RealVision with option C to closely resemble Fantasy on Project ENB. I hope that, should you care enough to read this, you don't mind the contribution of my opinion!

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 10, 2014

• Locked thread