Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Volkerball posted:

Levi Damien's final mock is interesting. He's a beat writer for Oakland fyi

If those three trades happened, then the valuation of draft picks has completely changed. Also I would probably climb a clock tower.

They have, they're flattening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Coldforge posted:

They have, they're flattening.

Yet more teams are trading. It makes no sense.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

say no to bats posted:

Its beautiful how much things stay the same even with 3 front offices in 3 years and so on and so forth.

I know the Browns tried to explain it away as totally not a leak, but its the Browns. I don't believe it.

The Browns whiteboard with players names was explained as "players they were working on video packages for." Coincidentally it was the exact group of players they either signed or tried to sign. Hmmmm.....makes u think

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
For some weird reason I feel strongly that if your team needs a QB, and your team passes on Bridgewater, then your team is dumb as poo poo. I don't know, it just seems to me that if you actually watch him play he's the only one who acts like a good NFL QB, and physically he just needs to eat more and exercise, which the NFL has had a good handle on for like 30 years or something. "Make dude bigger and stronger" isn't exactly something that's just going to baffle the loving NFL. And anyway, haven't QBs like Tom Brady and Matt Ryan never been anything but goddamn stick-people and it hasn't hurt them any?

I don't know why I'm so sure about this to the point where I'm peppering everything I say with the words "loving" and "goddamn." It's especially dumb because my team doesn't need a QB and I've hardly paid attention to the draft this year, and it's not like I'm some kind of expert anyway. It just something that seems really obvious that everyone has talked themselves out of believing.

:iiam:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

For some weird reason I feel strongly that if your team needs a QB, and your team passes on Bridgewater, then your team is dumb as poo poo. I don't know, it just seems to me that if you actually watch him play he's the only one who acts like a good NFL QB, and physically he just needs to eat more and exercise, which the NFL has had a good handle on for like 30 years or something. "Make dude bigger and stronger" isn't exactly something that's just going to baffle the loving NFL. And anyway, haven't QBs like Tom Brady and Matt Ryan never been anything but goddamn stick-people and it hasn't hurt them any?

I don't know why I'm so sure about this to the point where I'm peppering everything I say with the words "loving" and "goddamn." It's especially dumb because my team doesn't need a QB and I've hardly paid attention to the draft this year, and it's not like I'm some kind of expert anyway. It just something that seems really obvious that everyone has talked themselves out of believing.

:iiam:

I agree that Bridgewater could end up being pretty good for a team. Regarding the size stuff - I think with QB's it's less about hitting the weights and putting on a bunch of muscle. When people talk about Bridgewater being undersized, they mean he is short and has a very small frame.

Guys like Brady and Ryan are just larger human beings overall. They both have height and frames that are closer to what is considered ideal for QB's.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Our long wair is over. TodY iz the day

Hallelujah hallelujah

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If there is any truth at all to the Browns trading a loving 1st round pick for Kirk Cousins I will give up on football forever and become the #1 pro bowling fan on Sundays.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is the same poo poo as Derek Anderson for two firsts yadda yadda some uneducated fan just starts a rumor, it fits a narrative, boom people think it's got legs

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

At least we get to go from smokescreen verbal diarrhoea to speculation to who won and lost the draft soon

Boo whoever the Browns draft

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
gently caress Derek Carr, ya'll. Just wanna Get this out there

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

MonsterWalk posted:

gently caress Derek Carr, ya'll. Just wanna Get this out there

Well you might want to take him out to dinner first after the Browns pick him with that late 1st

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So the Jets are going to throw away another first rounder on a CB aren't they...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

So the Jets are going to throw away another first rounder on a CB aren't they...

Nah gonna trade up for LSU WR

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Are the Bucs set on Mike Evans if he's there and assuming Watkins, Mack, et. al. are off the board

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

From my experience this is much better than going for the LSU DT.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

If they are gonna trade up it should be for Evans. Why half-rear end it? Though there is no way I believe Idzik could pull his head out of his rear end enough to make an aggressive trade on draft day.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

If they are gonna trade up it should be for Evans. Why half-rear end it? Though there is no way I believe Idzik could pull his head out of his rear end enough to make an aggressive trade on draft day.

There are rumors that some teams like Beckham Jr. more than Evans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

There are rumors that some teams like Beckham Jr. more than Evans.

Madness.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

pangstrom posted:

http://www.bradybutterfield.com/nfl/sumCAVbyYear_1980-2006.svg

If you look at 1980-2006, 2005 is the second worst

I wish 2007 was on there, half of the top 14 players are perennial pro-bowlers (AP, Megatron, Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis, Revis Island, Marshawn Lynch). It kind of fell off after that, but that top half was STACKED!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
OBJ is better than Evans. I imagine that's why some favor him more.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Final Kiper Mock.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&source=Mel-Kiper-Mock-Draft

mcmagic posted:

That wouldn't be throwing a pick away? If Dennard or Gilbert are there I'd totally understand taking them over the 2nd tier of WRs.

mcmagic posted:

They sit at 18. Are you giving up a 1st, 2nd, and a future 1st rounder to move up to the 4-5 range just to get Mike Evans? No. It would be "aggressive" but very dumb.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

It would be "aggressive" but very dumb.

Um...

I don't like to do these type of things but...well you know who you're talking to right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys today is the greatest day in the calendar year, or used to be when the first, second, and third rounds were all on the same day.

My favorite thing about this day is all tweets that come out kind of have a modicum of truth, finally.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Um...

I don't like to do these type of things but...well you know who you're talking to right?
No one trolls Jets fans better than mcmagic. :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Final Kiper Mock.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&source=Mel-Kiper-Mock-Draft
That wouldn't be throwing a pick away? If Dennard or Gilbert are there I'd totally understand taking them over the 2nd tier of WRs.
They sit at 18. Are you giving up a 1st, 2nd, and a future 1st rounder to move up to the 4-5 range just to get Mike Evans? No. It would be "aggressive" but very dumb.

The Jets just hilariously overvalue CB's and there is a reason they have the worst offensive talent in the league. It would be very frustrating to continue down that path with 5 years in a row of D in the first round and 3 of those being CB's.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Ozu posted:

Final Kiper Mock.

Bridgewater with Watkins Gordon and Cameron sounds real good

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah, that's essentially an ideal Browns first round assuming we keep our two picks

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

Ozu posted:

Final Kiper Mock.

Can you post this for those of us who don't have insider?

EDIT Nevermind

ARCDad fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 8, 2014

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
KC passing on Bridgewater for Marquise Lee would be a nightmare. If Bridgewater is still on the board at #23, run the gently caress up and enjoy the next 5 years of peanuts QB cost. Not having to extend Smith next year for $15m+ and only having your starting QB with a ~$2m cap hit would be so god drat amazing.

Although I would feel bad for Alex Smith. Poor guy being run out of town when he played well would be a bummer.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What if KC passed up Bridgewater for, say, Xavier Su'a-Filo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Cue TFF questioning whether it should still laugh at the Browns

quote:

Browns' analytics deem Bridgewater top QB

The Browns reportedly conducted an "expensive and thorough analytics study" before the draft that "ultimately pointed to" Teddy Bridgewater showing the "best success rate" in the 2014 quarterback class.
Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the $100,000 study was spearheaded by club president Alec Scheiner. The team commissioned "decades of successful NFL quarterbacks" and took into consideration "all sorts of variables," while incorporating both "film review and advanced metrics." La Canfora reports analytics are "taken very seriously within the Browns' organization," and believes Bridgewater could be in play for Cleveland at the Nos. 26 and 35 overall picks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
First I'm hearing that Houston wanted an RG3-type trade (exchange of firsts + 2 more and a second) for 1-1 and now McClain is saying the price is dropping just a day later. McClain is Always Full of poo poo(tm) and all but holy poo poo just turn in the card for Clowney already, Rick. :(

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Pron on VHS posted:

What if KC passed up Bridgewater for, say, Xavier Su'a-Filo

What's worse than a nightmare? Night terror?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

momtartin posted:

Can you post this for those of us who don't have insider?

code:
1	HOU	Jadeveon Clowney	DE
2	STL	Greg Robinson		OT
3	JAX	Khalil Mack		OLB
4	CLE	Sammy Watkins		WR
5	OAK	Mike Evans		WR
6	ATL	Jake Matthews		OT
7	TB	Johnny Manziel		QB
8	MIN	Aaron Donald		DT
9	BUF	Taylor Lewan		OT
10	DET	Justin Gilbert		CB
11	TEN	Anthony Barr		OLB
12	NYG	Zack Martin		OL
13	STL	Ha Ha Clinton-Dix	S
14	CHI	Kyle Fuller		CB
15	PIT	Darqueze Dennard	CB
16	DAL	Ryan Shazier		OLB
17	BAL	Eric Ebron		TE
18	NYJ	Odell Beckham Jr.	WR
19	MIA	Ja'Wuan James		OT
20	ARI	Blake Bortles		QB
21	GB	C.J. Mosley		ILB
22	PHI	Brandin Cooks		WR
23	KC	Marqise Lee		WR
24	CIN	Bradley Roby		CB
25	SD	Stan Jean-Baptiste	CB
26	CLE	Teddy Bridgewater	QB
27	NO	Kyle Van Noy		OLB
28	CAR	Joel Bitonio		OT
29	NE	Calvin Pryor		S
30	SF	Cody Latimer		WR
31	DEN	Jason Verrett		CB
32	SEA	Morgan Moses		OT

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Just saw Jaws live on ESPN rank the QBs.

He's got Bridgewater as the 5th best.

5th.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who the hell is Stan Jean-Baptiste

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm pretty okay with CJ Mosley if we can't get Pryor. Just please don't draft DL in the first again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Who the hell is Stan Jean-Baptiste

A huge CB that looked pretty bad at Nebraska but has been lights out in the draft process.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Just saw Jaws live on ESPN rank the QBs.

He's got Bridgewater as the 5th best.

5th.

Who was 4th? Bortle, Manziel...Carr...and? Savage? Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dom Capers would even find a way to waste Clowney.

And Mel Kiper has some addiction to mocking corners to the Lions. Last year he had them trading for the first overall pick and drafting Dee Milliner.

• Locked thread