Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Taff posted:

I think my days as an itk could be over.....

It looks like Butt and Giggs will be the only two to survive in the summer shakeup. Not 100% yet.

This is very troubling news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Taff posted:

I think my days as an itk could be over.....

It looks like Butt and Giggs will be the only two to survive in the summer shakeup. Not 100% yet.

Maybe you'll get lucky and butt will leak things into your ear.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Maybe you'll get lucky and butt will leak things into your ear.

Oh so Fletcher is staying ahahahahahhaha

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 488 days!

chuggo is BACK posted:

lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chuggo is BACK posted:

:drat:

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Louis van Gaal has told BBC Sport he wants to become the new manager of Manchester United.
"I would love the job," said the Netherlands boss, speaking at the start of a three-day Dutch World Cup training camp. "I hope that I shall be the one."

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why Butt? I honestly don't get it.

Butt has had a role with the youth team for a couple of years now, I think, he'd presumably go back to that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Butt has had a role with the youth team for a couple of years now, I think, he'd presumably go back to that.

Big NIcky Knew.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Hmmmm.

Fulham relegation due to removal of Michael Jackson statue - Al Fayed

Mohamed Al Fayed has claimed Fulham would not have been relegated from the Premier League if Shahid Khan, his successor as the club's owner, had not removed the sculpture of Michael Jackson from outside Craven Cottage.

"This statue was a charm and we removed the luck from the club and now we have to pay the price," Fayed said. "When [Khan] asked me to move it I said: 'You must be crazy.' This is such a fantastic statue which the fans are crying out for. But now he has paid the price because the club has been relegated. He called me because he told me he wanted Michael to return. I told him, no way."

Big Black Sock
Mar 12, 2007

8raz posted:

Louis van Gaal has told BBC Sport he wants to become the new manager of Manchester United.
"I would love the job," said the Netherlands boss, speaking at the start of a three-day Dutch World Cup training camp. "I hope that I shall be the one."

:rms:

Looking forward to some Total Football next year.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
This made me fall in love with Van Gall

https://vine.co/v/M6tDt9zxFe7

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Big rear end Image
I really thought I would have enjoyed automatic CL group stage qualification more...

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Just realised Chelsea can't win the league :woop:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Congratulations to Manchester City FC.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Just realised Chelsea can't win the league :woop:

It was more fun ruining Liverpool's hopes. We sent them into a shame spiral.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Garry Monk has been given a 3 year contract with (I think) Josep Clotet stepping up to be his assistant.

We're going to lose half our squad in the summer and get bummed next season.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Spangly A posted:

No. Pulis has the second best defensive record, behind Chelsea, and only just conceded his first set piece. With a side dead last in the prem on 1st dec, I think he'll be the third manager to ever avoid the drop in that situation, and the first to finish higher than 17th.

You got loving ruined by Yannick Bolassie. Jason Puncheon has been on fire. What he's done with a team of mostly dreck has been far above what Rodgers would have achieved even if he won the league, for serious.

Have to agree.
If Rodgers had got them across the line then yes he deserves it, but Chelsea and Palace were gently caress-ups and that swings it for Pulis imo.

Edit : Where'd all the extra pages come from?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sassassin posted:

Garry Monk has been given a 3 year contract with (I think) Josep Clotet stepping up to be his assistant.

We're going to lose half our squad in the summer and get bummed next season.

Clotet was the head coach at my local club a little while ago and left when the old manager got fired because he didnt want to put pressure on the new one. The players said they had a fantastic relationship with him and that he was the best coach theyd ever had.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

~Transfer news~

- Wenger says Koscielny is close to signing a new contract, rumoured to be a five year deal, but Sagna is not close to signing a new contract. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cary-Sagna.html

- Swansea wants Fabianski. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/10816395/Swansea-City-want-Arsenal-goalkeeper-Lukasz-Fabianski.html

- Arsenal have made an approahc for Javi Martinez. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10814502/Arsenal-make-approach-to-Bayern-Munich-for-transfer-of-Javi-Martinez.html

Time for a summer transfer thread perhaps?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Its always time for a transfer thread imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't wait for Newcastle to spend all summer being linked with Shelvey and Townsend

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sweek0 posted:

Hmmmm.

Fulham relegation due to removal of Michael Jackson statue - Al Fayed

Mohamed Al Fayed has claimed Fulham would not have been relegated from the Premier League if Shahid Khan, his successor as the club's owner, had not removed the sculpture of Michael Jackson from outside Craven Cottage.

"This statue was a charm and we removed the luck from the club and now we have to pay the price," Fayed said. "When [Khan] asked me to move it I said: 'You must be crazy.' This is such a fantastic statue which the fans are crying out for. But now he has paid the price because the club has been relegated. He called me because he told me he wanted Michael to return. I told him, no way."

Posted on the last 2 pages as well, including once by me. I guess nobody cares. I found it pretty funny :shobon:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Al Fayed told Khan to beat it

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Al Fayed told Khan to beat it

Its just Human Nature

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

euroboy posted:

~Transfer news~

- Wenger says Koscielny is close to signing a new contract, rumoured to be a five year deal, but Sagna is not close to signing a new contract. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cary-Sagna.html

- Swansea wants Fabianski. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/10816395/Swansea-City-want-Arsenal-goalkeeper-Lukasz-Fabianski.html

- Arsenal have made an approahc for Javi Martinez. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10814502/Arsenal-make-approach-to-Bayern-Munich-for-transfer-of-Javi-Martinez.html

Time for a summer transfer thread perhaps?

I'm not sure I'm going to like a whole thread about Southampton's players and manager being linked to other clubs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

At least things can't get any worse than Joe loving Kinnear this summer

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Is it time to start posting badly-researched stories that could lead to fantasy formations?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Jose posted:

Dunno, the thought of Kinnear and Pardew going on a whacky European scouting trip in an 80s Nissan Micra was one of the highlights of last summer's transfer window.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jose posted:

You could bring Dennis Wise back

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is it time to start posting badly-researched stories that could lead to fantasy formations?

IMO yes, OP, it is time.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

..or we could talk more about the introduction of B teams in football league. Here's the FAs report: http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2014/may/fa-commission-report

I think it sounds like a terrible idea to be honest.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/greg-dyke-b-team-league

Fortunately most clubs seem to recognise its not a good idea

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

euroboy posted:

..or we could talk more about the introduction of B teams in football league. Here's the FAs report: http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2014/may/fa-commission-report

I think it sounds like a terrible idea to be honest.

the FA are a bunch of clueless incompetent morons who only care how much money they can stack into their fat loving pockets

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Do you need a FA coaching badge to work? Is it like a UEFA coaching badge for top flight managers?

I would think the best thing the FA could do to help the national team in the long run is to work on their coaching courses and get a better training for youth so it's not just about athleticism and speed.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Eric Cantonese posted:

Do you need a FA coaching badge to work? Is it like a UEFA coaching badge for top flight managers?

Yeah, and there are a few obstacles. I'm currently twiddling my thumbs while I wait out a caution I picked up at 19 to expire next year, then I can go back to working.

The real problem with the coaching is something that no footballer has ever pointed out. Put simply, Spain and Germany have about 100x the fully qualified coaches we do. They have UEFA coaches teaching their under-8s. England has people like me and my friends and angry parents. It's a really simple fix: we need a shitload more people who actually have a clue.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
four key areas identified as the primary obstructions to the development of elite english players

quote:

i. Most importantly inadequate competitive playing opportunities for 18-21
year old elite players at top clubs

ii. The ineffectiveness of the regulation of the player market in preserving the
desired balance between English, EU and non-EU players

iii. The quality and impact of coaching and coach education especially in
grassroots football

iv. The quantity and quality of grassroots facilities, especially all weather pitches

Good coaching, from an early age, is easily the most important and it's 3rd in their list, the maroons.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andros Townsend was only taught that he should get his head up while dribbling this year.

Ross Barkley still hasn't been told.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Good coaching, from an early age, is easily the most important and it's 3rd in their list, the maroons.

Tony Carr said he can tell if a footballer will ever be good enough by the age of 8, and went into detail to actually back it up. At which point, most English kids will have had absolutely no coaching at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Spangly A posted:

Tony Carr said he can tell if a footballer will ever be good enough by the age of 8, and went into detail to actually back it up. At which point, most English kids will have had absolutely no coaching at all.

http://www.westhamacademyinternational.com/TC_NSCAA.html

This is great stuff.

• Locked thread