Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

No Phoenix 5, no deal.

Eff that, I'd much rather have the cross eyed bastard Cyke. Could do without the unmasked Wolvie though. I have plenty, and none with a better face sculpt than the Astonishing variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Not sure how the gently caress Stryfe is getting a Legends figure, but I'll take it. That dude was one of my favorites back in the '90s Toy Biz days.

Any chance of a running change (a la TASM2/CA:TWS) that replaces Storm with the unreleased Rogue from the Wolverine series?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Optimist Prime posted:

Any chance of a running change (a la TASM2/CA:TWS) that replaces Storm with the unreleased Rogue from the Wolverine series?

I think the folks at Hasbro said they'd like to squeeze the figure into a wave somewhere and it'd make sense to include her in an X-men specific one though I think a lot of people want a 1st appearance Storm more than anything.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't trust any running change that isn't movie based to make it out anymore.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm excited about that Jubilee figure, but a little bummed that she's apparently the BAF. Guess I'll have to start learning the stocking schedules.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Solid wave though all I want are Stryfe, Magneto and Jubilee. Another Wolverine and another Cyclops costume nobody wants.

Speak for yourself, I like his new X-FACE look.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I keep holding out hope we will see Phoenix 5 Cyclops one day :(

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Oh my god, is this the SDCC exclusive or an alleged DOFP wave? Please be the former, I don't know if retailers will go for the latter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

Oh my god, is this the SDCC exclusive or an alleged DOFP wave? Please be the former, I don't know if retailers will go for the latter.

Would they do an entire wave exclusive to SDCC? Also, is Jubilee the BAF?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Rhyno posted:

Would they do an entire wave exclusive to SDCC? Also, is Jubilee the BAF?

The text next to her seems to indicate that she's being introduced as the BAF.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agrias120 posted:

That's a really weird BAF. And the GotG wave has six figures, I figured they'd at least do a DOFP Sentinel or something as the BAF.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Havoc904 posted:

http://art-figures.com/en/

Thats the website for the company that is making the Judge Dredd figure. There are some pretty great figures in here with some great broken english names. I am really tempted to order the two pack based off The Rock so I can have Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery hot toys.

Hahahaha, the Steven Segal one perfectly captures his current day state of, ah, 'grace'.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, keeping her separate and considering what we already know suggests it should be a standalone wave and BAF and I'm guessing the 6 in the header probably means June? I doubt it's SDCC exclusive.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Yeah, keeping her separate and considering what we already know suggests it should be a standalone wave and BAF and I'm guessing the 6 in the header probably means June? I doubt it's SDCC exclusive.

The 6 in the header is referencing the fact that they're 6" figures.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Any recommended stands for posing 6"'s? My D-Arts Megaman and SH Predator Wolf are boring without stands. :(

http://www.amazon.ca/Bandai-Tamashi...i+Nations+stage

$42 seems steep as gently caress.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Quick base pics. Not the greatest pics, but I was in a hurry to get home and pop my own MOS Superman on there.

It's a pretty cool base, but honestly it's a little tinier than I had hoped for. The pose is sort of a semi squat pose that he used in the movie when he was fighting Zod and had the car drop on him.

There's not much room for the feet, but overall I think if you'd place him on the ground or flying through the air somehow, this would make an awesome backdrop, especially considering how punchy Zod looks.

I spent about 15$ on it shipped, and I'm not too disappointed. Once I get a chance later I'll start trying to figure out a better pose for him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Quick base pics. Not the greatest pics, but I was in a hurry to get home and pop my own MOS Superman on there.

It's a pretty cool base, but honestly it's a little tinier than I had hoped for. The pose is sort of a semi squat pose that he used in the movie when he was fighting Zod and had the car drop on him.

There's not much room for the feet, but overall I think if you'd place him on the ground or flying through the air somehow, this would make an awesome backdrop, especially considering how punchy Zod looks.

I spent about 15$ on it shipped, and I'm not too disappointed. Once I get a chance later I'll start trying to figure out a better pose for him.

This almost looks like it would be awesome for power impact points on Hot Toys. But that requires more of a diorama style posing situation.

Looks like it'd be scaled perfect for like Play Arts or similar though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RevKrule posted:

This almost looks like it would be awesome for power impact points on Hot Toys. But that requires more of a diorama style posing situation.

Looks like it'd be scaled perfect for like Play Arts or similar though.

The scale is meant for Figma stuff which is roughly the same size.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Any recommended stands for posing 6"'s? My D-Arts Megaman and SH Predator Wolf are boring without stands. :(

http://www.amazon.ca/Bandai-Tamashii-Stage-Act-4-Humanoid/dp/B008A2WIJG/

Thats because it is. Amazon CA is just out of stock at the moment, so thats an rear end in a top hat seller. They have Act 5s though. Personally I like the look of the 4s more; but 5s work just as well especially if you got a heavy figure like a diecast robot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's a pretty cool base, but honestly it's a little tinier than I had hoped for.

Aphrodite posted:

The scale is meant for Figma stuff which is roughly the same size.

Actually, its meant for 5-6 inch figures like Figma and Figuarts which aren't even close to PAK size. Also Flanders, here's a good review that shows off pretty well what can be done with them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, it was a good experiment and in a bigger diorama it would look awesome.

Have these Japanese scale figures always been this loving awesome?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

vkeios posted:

Thats because it is. Amazon CA is just out of stock at the moment, so thats an rear end in a top hat seller. They have Act 5s though. Personally I like the look of the 4s more; but 5s work just as well especially if you got a heavy figure like a diecast robot.

Actually, its meant for 5-6 inch figures like Figma and Figuarts which aren't even close to PAK size. Also Flanders, here's a good review that shows off pretty well what can be done with them.

It's like I'm being ignored :D

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So wait, those Samuses are only 6 inch?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

It's like I'm being ignored :D

Oops, completely forgot you already posted that. Oh well, shishio could use more links.

Aphrodite posted:

So wait, those Samuses are only 6 inch?

Yep, she's also one of the tallest figmas ever made. Most are closer to 5 inches.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Vintersorg posted:

http://www.amazon.ca/Bandai-Tamashi...i+Nations+stage

Here's one for $25, which is a little better

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

vkeios posted:

Oops, completely forgot you already posted that. Oh well, shishio could use more links.

Yep, she's also one of the tallest figmas ever made. Most are closer to 5 inches.

Weird. They look huge in pictures.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, it was a good experiment and in a bigger diorama it would look awesome.

Have these Japanese scale figures always been this loving awesome?

With the figuarts line, yes, very much so. Most of my collection is from that line, but I can't get enough of Karate Bugmen, so it works well.

It doesn't hurt that they have some of the finest representations of iron man and war-machine too, here's a look at war-machine:

This thing is just shy of 6 inches, and is just... man, I can NOT say enough nice things about it.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Heads up for anyone who wants it, the Giant Godzilla from Jakks is on sale for $33.99 at K-Mart. I'm still debating whether or not to pick one up, I gotta see if I even have room for a figure that massive...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Heads up for anyone who wants it, the Giant Godzilla from Jakks is on sale for $33.99 at K-Mart. I'm still debating whether or not to pick one up, I gotta see if I even have room for a figure that massive...

I'm thinking about buying it just to make it fight the enormous Metroplex that Hasbro released last year.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No heavily armoured cop. :( 2000AD shut it down. Got a notice from One Sixth Bruce via Facebook. Might just be them though since they are a UK company. I ordered with Monkey Depot to be safe.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 9, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That thing got popular really fast, probably caught too much attention.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, that sucks. Haven't heard from monkey about any cancellations or anything, and the art figures website still shows it, so maybe it's only the UK that got shafted?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MonkeyDepot got back to me with this:

"Hello. We have sold out of our preorders for that figure. We should still be receiving it as scheduled. Thank you."

Take that for what you will.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jace Madan posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed it at lunch today. It's gloriously gigantic.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joe Fisto posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed it at lunch today. It's gloriously gigantic.

No problem, glad I could help! But yeah, for that price it's a great deal. Toys R Us still wants $59.99 for it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Wussup guys, did you know that Tamashii Nations 2014 summer fest was, like recently?

Check out this coverage:
http://thefwoosh.com/2014/05/tamashii-nations-summer-collection-2014

Thankfully in english.

Here's the highlight pix that got me pumped:
Figuarts Injustice batman:

Figuarts Iron man 42 and Iron patriot (these things are the poo poo.)

Massive props to the foosh for hosting these to begin with.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

My girlfriend had her brother build two of these huge shelves for my comics and figures:

I'm so stoked!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 6, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
You can do this buddy, you can fix this.... you can fix this.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Ka0 posted:

You can do this buddy, you can fix this.... you can fix this.

Are you having trouble getting the snapped peg out of his arm? If so, you can heat the arm with a hair dryer and remove it with a needle or thumb tack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oof.

Fixable with a pin-vice drill and some good stiff wire and glue, I'd wager. (or a small nail)