Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

Okay I've somehow missed everything involving this giant QB can someone please fill in this ignoramus on the humor of this situation? Is it because the Texans might be trading for a guy that's never done poo poo?

The Texans QB position is in limbo, to put it nicely, and Ryan Mallett has been a joke ever since he was drafted by the Patriots and teased every single offseason as a "hot trade commodity"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

Okay I've somehow missed everything involving this giant QB can someone please fill in this ignoramus on the humor of this situation? Is it because the Texans might be trading for a guy that's never done poo poo?

Do you remember how Scott Pioli left New England, came to KC, and doomed us with a trade for Matt Cassel

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Alouicious posted:

if 1 round takes 3 hours something has gone horribly wrong

it's gonna be over 5

it used to be 8

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

If it's not for the first pick I guess I won't care too much actually.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

PrinceRandom posted:

Er yeah if it was for the first pick I'd have to become a fan of another team. Even if they trade for him it won't be for #1

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

PrinceRandom posted:

If they get him for like a 4th rounder then whatever I guess, but if the Texans trade something like #33 for Ryan Mallett then lol

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Patriot Backup Success Stories

• Brian Hoyer for 4 games

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SlipUp posted:

it's gonna be over 5

it used to be 8

It would be 5.3 hours if every team used the whole ten minutes. I wonder if there's an over/under Vegas bet going.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

@JasonLaCanfora 20s

From what I am gathering, Pats don't have anything going with the Texans on Mallett right now. We shall see

Moments after retweeting the man who said it was imminent.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Patriots get a single pick for a quarterback who has only thrown four passes (all in garbage time) (one of which was an inter-goddamn-ception) because one of their dumbass assistant coaches that somehow keep getting elevated to running teams of their own has a bizarre personal relationship, I am going to eat a hat.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
I'm guessing this is a dumb smokescreen to get the Falcons/whoever else worried that Houston doesn't want to trade the first anymore.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

DupaDupa posted:

Moments after retweeting the man who said it was imminent.

The draft delay has officially driven us all insane, I guess.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

@evansilva
The last time a Belichick protege traded for a #Patriots backup quarterback, his name was Matt Cassel & the victim was Scott Pioli.

Also, he's a literal methhead.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Burger Trench posted:

If the Patriots get a single pick for a quarterback who has only thrown four passes (all in garbage time) (one of which was an inter-goddamn-ception) because one of their dumbass assistant coaches that somehow keep getting elevated to running teams of their own has a bizarre personal relationship, I am going to eat a hat.

:toxx:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I mean Cassel did have that one season in KC. I know he's actually terrible, but if we don't give him that then we don't give Derek Anderson 2007 and I dont want to live in that world.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eh he'll just form a hat out of some food product and then eat it

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Mallett to the Texans is only fair if they're going to be manhandling the rest of the AFC South with a Clowney/Watt combo. :colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Uh...

Tom Brady

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

He also reminds me of Brady Quinn for some reason I can't place.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Uh...

Tom Brady

I think he meant backups that went to other teams

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

PrinceRandom posted:

He also reminds me of Brady Quinn for some reason I can't place.

Is it "is bad" because that's the only similarity they have

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 5m
Second source says nothing doing at the moment on Mallett to Houston. We'll watch how it plays out. Makes sense if Clowney is No. 1.

Crisis averted

Also hoping his "sources" are twitter feeds and his "second source" is JLC :laugh:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

Yeah not system QBs like that guy who filled in for Bledsoe, Brody or whatever

when's bledsoe coming back btw god drat

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Intruder posted:

Yeah and to be fair Cassel did have a decent mini streak in KC.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

kiimo posted:

It would be 5.3 hours if every team used the whole ten minutes. I wonder if there's an over/under Vegas bet going.

yeah, i rounded down figuring the average time burnoff would be about 30 seconds

i do not envy anyone looking to put in 15+ hours of ESPN's live draft chat this weekend

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Matt Cassel had a really good year. I mean considering what they got for that trade, it was probably a wash if you ignore the contract they gave Cassel.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Groucho Marxist posted:

Is it "is bad" because that's the only similarity they have

No, it's some kind of douche factor.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You can tell how panicked I was by this Mallett thing because I made like 10 posts in 5 minutes :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

Matt Cassel had a really good year. I mean considering what they got for that trade, it was probably a wash if you ignore the contract they gave Cassel.
I'd give the credit to Charlie Weis being able to spin poo poo into gold before I'd ever give Cassel credit for 2010.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
Scantrons

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

You can tell how panicked I was by this Mallett thing because I made like 10 posts in 5 minutes :shobon:

It's understandable you thought they were giving up draft picks for a guy whose highlight reel resembles Rob Ford's

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Remember when Matt Cassel was going to build on his second season and was even making commercials in the offseason where he was going "come at me, bro!"?

And then defenses came at him and he fumbled every other play. Memories.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Intruder posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be traded to KC to make Parmesan pine for the Alex Smith days

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Intruder posted:

i too have entered the posting zone

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wait, I confused Quinn with other storied Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
me and matt cassel just hosed you up dog

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

PrinceRandom posted:

No, it's some kind of douche factor.

well meth head vs notre dame quarterback are both douchey but in very different ways

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

Wait, I confused Quinn with other storied Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen

tommy rees is going to set the NFL on fire!

- some fat Chicagoan

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

You'll know my response to an announced trade of Ryan Mallet by me pounding the table and laughing like Papi on Highly Questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I have no idea who the Chiefs are going to pick tonight, but I'd say bet on the best workout warrior left on the board when they are up.

• Locked thread