Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't one of the producers say that Sara was in fact the one who went back, got Nyssa, and brought the league in to deal with the situation? I'd imagine they'd want to deal with it because if the Lazarus pits aren't even on this show's radar, then obviously the Mirakuru is something that they would like to get their hands on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slam Bradley
Mar 31, 2010
Ollie goes on a cross country road trip in Season 3, all the while complaining about corporate fat-cats.

Actually, all I want is the Question to show up in Season 3. Possibly the Creeper too.

edit: looks like iZombie is getting a series

Slam Bradley fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 8, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I liked the part when Slade started mumbling about "Shado" and Isabel was all like, "who the gently caress is Shado? What are you talking about? Hold on a tic, are you actually loving crazy?"*

*I think she only saod "Shado", but the look on her face was pretty great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WHOA mega showdown Merlyn vs. Slade!!!
http://i.imgur.com/5VKyGpa.gif

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

WHOA mega showdown Merlyn vs. Slade!!!
http://i.imgur.com/5VKyGpa.gif

Deathstroke to rebrand as...The Purple Nurple!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ShakeZula posted:

I thought the whole point of the crazy blood machine that Slade was using was that it administered the mirakuru in such a way as to avoid the negative side effects (insanity) and the high probability of death. Isabel seems way more in control than either Slade or Roy at this point after their exposure (remembering that she was already a little crazy), and I don't think Slade would want an army of crazy and super-strong people that he couldn't necessarily control.

I don't recall them mentioning the negative side-effects. I'm pretty sure they administered it that way just to avoid the high fatality rate. I could be wrong though.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I think Ollie is going to come full circle and kill Slade. The cure is just there because an ultra-broadhead arrow to decapitate Slade is even less practical than a boxing glove arrow.

Not gonna lie though, all I really want is a "Slade Wilson, you have FAILED this city!" line. I'm a sucker for a good callback.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Flash is a go for the fall: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/beauty-beast-the-flash/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

As is I, Zombie which I didn't realize had even shot it's pilot.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Now to wait for NBC to give word on Constantine. Apparently enthusiasm died slightly in it, but it's still in contention. :ohdear:

Do we have a thread for upfronts and new series orders yet?

Paddington Bear: not the hero the household wants, but the hero the household needs.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sighence posted:

Not gonna lie though, all I really want is a "Slade Wilson, you have FAILED this city!" line. I'm a sucker for a good callback.

Eh, the line doesn't really fit with Slade because he never gave a poo poo about the city. He came there specifically to destroy it.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Blind Sally posted:

I liked the part when Slade started mumbling about "Shado" and Isabel was all like, "who the gently caress is Shado? What are you talking about? Hold on a tic, are you actually loving crazy?"*

*I think she only saod "Shado", but the look on her face was pretty great.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this since no-one else mentioned it. I actually almost expected her to turn on Slade upon realizing that he was doing this for some other woman. Seems to tie into Isobel's character.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Hixalot posted:

I thought I was the only one that noticed this since no-one else mentioned it. I actually almost expected her to turn on Slade upon realizing that he was doing this for some other woman. Seems to tie into Isobel's character.

I personally find the whole 'woman scorned' thing kind of weak, but it doesn't dominate the plot at least.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

hi liter posted:

I personally find the whole 'woman scorned' thing kind of weak, but it doesn't dominate the plot at least.

Nothing about Isobel has dominated the story, which while fine for people like me who think Summer Glau needs to get off the screen, was probably a disservice to the overall story.

They've kind of hand-waved away Ollie's relationship with his father and really focused all his pathos around Moira, but it would have been interesting if they had explored this situation more. Was she the only one he cheated with? If not, Did that play into Moira's affair? Isn't it a tad weird sleeping with a woman who was banging your dad??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Nothing about Isobel has dominated the story, which while fine for people like me who think Summer Glau needs to get off the screen, was probably a disservice to the overall story.

They've kind of hand-waved away Ollie's relationship with his father and really focused all his pathos around Moira, but it would have been interesting if they had explored this situation more. Was she the only one he cheated with? If not, Did that play into Moira's affair? Isn't it a tad weird sleeping with a woman who was banging your dad??

Ollie had no idea she'd banged his Dad at the time.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Ollie had no idea she'd banged his Dad at the time.

That indeed makes it slightly less creepy on Ollie's part.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That indeed makes it slightly less creepy on Ollie's part.

It wasn't creepy at all when it happened because A.) She hadn't gone even yet and B.) We knew none of what we know now. It was a hook up between two adults. That happens literally every day.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Hixalot posted:

What's weird is that I thought Isobel just wanted to take over the Queen fortune to get back at Ollie's dad for dumping her, and after gaining the company she would just become rich by running it like an evil executive type. Instead, now she's a super-villain and ok with completely destroying the city with Slade? That doesn't really make much sense because the chaos of the attacks should financially cripple the company that she owns, let alone the fact that she can't run it if she's a psycho supervillian wanted by everybody.

I agree, the whole Glau thing has been pretty week. It seems like shows like to use her because it's Summer Glau, but it's been a while since I've seen anything interesting done with her.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It wasn't creepy at all when it happened because A.) She hadn't gone even yet and B.) We knew none of what we know now. It was a hook up between two adults. That happens literally every day.

I have no idea what your point a means but sleeping with your ex lovers son is a creepy thing. It is a thing a creep would do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I have no idea what your point a means but sleeping with your ex lovers son is a creepy thing. It is a thing a creep would do.

Evil, not even. We didn't know she was a villain at that point, she was just a bitchy executive.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Welp, it looks like we might've settled the matter of who Ollie loves most. Spoilers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think that side of the sword does anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I don't think that side of the sword does anything.

MY IMMERSION.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's Slade. He could cut her throat with a baseball bat.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps she was cool with Slade's plan because she figured Queen Consolidated could make a fortune rebuilding the city. If things got too out of hand, QC could move their headquarters to a city that isn't a target for supervillan plots like Metropolis or Gotham City. :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hey neat the obligatory parallel. (Picture from an earlier episode, but spoils the spoiler pic)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Welp, it looks like we might've settled the matter of who Ollie loves most. Spoilers.

She looks scared, but also kinda smug.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Suck it Sara.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Gaz-L posted:

"Yes, Slade thinks that I'm the person that Ollie cares about the most, there's still a chance that I can make my dreams a reality!"

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

She's got wi-fi. :ssh:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Spergatory posted:

I wouldn't be too surprised if that's how it ends, especially since in the last episode, Ollie (I know I'm spoilering something that happened, but it does tie in with the spoiler) asked Diggle if Felicity was breathing after the van got wrecked since it looked like she might've died.

Also, this tweet of the final line of the finale from Marc Guggenheim (spoilers, obviously) just adds to the idea that Felicity is going to die. Either that, or the show's staff is just loving with us with these teases, which is just as likely.

Gaz-L posted:

I thought she looked like she was trying to not to laugh... Maybe that was taken shortly before a blooper? :shobon:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spergatory posted:

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/464492659491340289/photo/1/large

And know you know...the rest of the story...

Choose, Ollie.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 8, 2014

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

imperialparadox posted:

What's weird is that I thought Isobel just wanted to take over the Queen fortune to get back at Ollie's dad for dumping her, and after gaining the company she would just become rich by running it like an evil executive type. Instead, now she's a super-villain and ok with completely destroying the city with Slade? That doesn't really make much sense because the chaos of the attacks should financially cripple the company that she owns, let alone the fact that she can't run it if she's a psycho supervillian wanted by everybody.

It looks like she has attached herself to another Strong older man & thinks they're soulmates or something.
We might get an another turncoat before the end, if Slade just keeps reminescing about Shado. :v:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am guessing that the person Slade wants to kill is Felicity. We know that Oliver does care for her a lot, and it was very convenient, that she is also the only member of the Arrowgang who was left alone during the end.

Also, while I used to enjoy the island flashbacks, I have gotten real tired of them. I would prefer not to see them at all next season, but given how much time there is still left of Oliver's backstory, that is probably not likely.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Oasx posted:

I am guessing that the person Slade wants to kill is Felicity. We know that Oliver does care for her a lot, and it was very convenient, that she is also the only member of the Arrowgang who was left alone during the end.

Also, while I used to enjoy the island flashbacks, I have gotten real tired of them. I would prefer not to see them at all next season, but given how much time there is still left of Oliver's backstory, that is probably not likely.

The flashbacks are definitely still happening (Amell mentioned them a little bit in the Facebook Q&A he did yesterday), but given what else we know about Oliver's back story, I'm betting they'll be moving off the island next season.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

hcreight posted:

The flashbacks are definitely still happening (Amell mentioned them a little bit in the Facebook Q&A he did yesterday), but given what else we know about Oliver's back story, I'm betting they'll be moving off the island next season.

Either next season (my guess) or the one after would have to focus on Ollie joining the bratva and learning russian from Anatoli. Sure, he could just get in for his connection to Anatoli - but you don't learn russian in a week or two.

It could tie in well with the H.I.V.E plot (or literally any other group of criminals).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

Either next season (my guess) or the one after would have to focus on Ollie joining the bratva and learning russian from Anatoli. Sure, he could just get in for his connection to Anatoli - but you don't learn russian in a week or two.

It could tie in well with the H.I.V.E plot (or literally any other group of criminals).

I really like that character. Hopefully they move him to Starling City next season, I mean, there is an opening in the Russian mob now.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
It makes so much more sense for Slade to kill Sarah, considering she was the one who he believes Oliver chose over Shado.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

imperialparadox posted:

I agree, the whole Glau thing has been pretty week. It seems like shows like to use her because it's Summer Glau, but it's been a while since I've seen anything interesting done with her.

Isobel is on mirukuru now and is completely batshit like everyone who is injected with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Summer Glau looks awesome in the REDACTED NAME BECAUSE IT'S COMIC CHAT costume once the mask was pulled off.

• Locked thread