Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I just did an adventure on my healing Spellslinger and man, healing in this game is trippy. Lots of positioning. Gonna try esper a bit after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Otacon posted:

Can't even connect - all I get are the annoying "Network Error: Connection Closed 64.25.34.198:23115" error message. Anyone have any tips?

Are you East Coast with FIOS perhaps?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rylek posted:

Are you East Coast with FIOS perhaps?

100% spot on

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'm West Coast with FIOS and have the same issue :\

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Xavier434 posted:

Is there any recommendations to avoid the low performance issues on high end PCs? Is there a particular setting or two which is causing issues for a lot of people?

There is almost certainly nothing you will be able to do until the devs optimize the game for your particular setup. I got pretty terrible performance in my first beta weekend, around 25 FPS most of the time and changing settings would only net me 4-5 FPS at the most. Then they patched and it shot up to 40-90 FPS depending on where I am and what's going on. Nothing you can really do but wait. :shrug:

EDIT:

Chunjee posted:

I'm West Coast with FIOS and have the same issue :\

Yeah, they have been having problems with FIOS for a while now, they say it's on the ISP end of things and have been in communication with Verizon but there is nothing they can do until Verizon fixes their poo poo.

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 8, 2014

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Otacon posted:

100% spot on

Its some issue with FIOS and the Wildstar patch servers. Was happening the first day of beta last weekend then went away by itself. It's been back for the past few days, I couldn't even download the installer for the past 2 days.

I ended up using a VPN to download and patch the game last night to prepare for this weekend. I was hoping it would be fixed so I wouldn't have to VPN to play the game but it seems like that won't be the case. :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Strategy posted:

I'm a little concerned every single server is Low pop, but I figured there would be more interest in open beta.
Relax, the kiddies in the US are just now getting out of school, they gotta slam a Sunny D first and get their moms to leave them alone.

poptart_fairy posted:

I have spent an hour running around putting flowers in pots and putting up faction banners. Whyyyyyyyyyyy.
You must really like +5 rep gains. Pavlov just tied the bell around your neck and walked off.

Fun bug I didn't know happened last weekend: Nearly every piece of crafted armor was deleted. And they still haven't come back. Oh boy.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38851-naked-character/
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41440-open-beta-day-1-build-6670-known-issues/

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

I'm also on east coast FIOS, and ended up using HotSpotShield as a VPN, worked right away. I have no idea what VPN software is good or crap, though, and using it blocks Twitch, which I like to watch as I play games. I'm hoping Carbine/NCSoft can get Verizon to fix their poo poo.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Downloaded and patched just fine, it's just not letting me log in. I'll try the VPN route, thanks TriggerHappy.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

There is almost certainly nothing you will be able to do until the devs optimize the game for your particular setup. I got pretty terrible performance in my first beta weekend, around 25 FPS most of the time and changing settings would only net me 4-5 FPS at the most. Then they patched and it shot up to 40-90 FPS depending on where I am and what's going on. Nothing you can really do but wait. :shrug:

So odd. I have never had issues this severe before in any PC game with any rig that I have ever owned.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

You must really like +5 rep gains. Pavlov just tied the bell around your neck and walked off.

Jokes on you, I didn't gain any reputation. :shepicide:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Xavier434 posted:

So odd. I have never had issues this severe before in any PC game with any rig that I have ever owned.

Did you ever play PS2?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Doublestep posted:

Did you ever play PS2?

Yes

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Yeah, see, for my machine PS2 never got above 15 fps, and that very same machine is getting 40-60 in Wildstar right now.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Doublestep posted:

Yeah, see, for my machine PS2 never got above 15 fps, and that very same machine is getting 40-60 in Wildstar right now.

PS2 was not particularly kind to my rig either but it wasn't this bad. Still, I am okay with these kinds of performance issues during a beta, but not for launch. Not this bad.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 8, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chunjee posted:

Downloaded and patched just fine, it's just not letting me log in. I'll try the VPN route, thanks TriggerHappy.
Incidentally if you literally just got your beta key and applied it, they're saying due to load it's taking as much as an hour for the server to update so you can actually log in. I expect that time will get even longer as more people get out of school/work in the USA and really start pounding this.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
I can't help but feel that the game we're seeing now is the game we're going to see at launch. And it's extremely discouraging.

I'll betcha a nickle this'll be free to play in 1-1.5 years.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Dr VideoGames 0.299 posted:

I can't help but feel that the game we're seeing now is the game we're going to see at launch. And it's extremely discouraging.

It will be. Nothing changes much if at all during this stage of development right before launch. What we are doing now is giving Carbine a final "launch simulation". Nothing ever changes so close to launch because doing so puts you at high risk for other unexpected problems to emerge as a result of the changes.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
There's not a lot you can do about the bad performance at this point, it's just quite poorly optimized. Which is worrying at this stage a few weeks from release.

The performance "guide" on the official forums isn't very helpful, it basically says "turn everything on low for better performance". Well thanks chap.

I had good results with forcing the game to dx11, if that doesn't help try forcing it to dx9 instead. Also the VSync checkbox in the options is a killer, costs me about 40 FPS if it's on.
Also some things are hard to understand. If I target myself (nameplate over my head and a swirling circle on my feet) the frames dip by 15. I mean, what? :psyduck:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is there any point in getting the Deluxe edition, it's just a hoverboard and costume isn't it?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Pound_Coin posted:

Is there any point in getting the Deluxe edition, it's just a hoverboard and costume isn't it?

STANDARD EDITION + PRE-ORDER:
Housing Décor Item – Eldan Technology
Rocket House
Housing Décor Item - Mini Ship Statue
10 Slot Bag
Pre-Order Title (Chosen of the Progenitors)
Character & Guild Name Registration 2 weeks before Launch
Access to all Beta Weekends
7 Day Trial codes for Friends
Headstart Access
30 days of playtime included

DELUXE EDITION + PRE-ORDER
Eldan Hoverboard
Eldan Augmentation Costume
Eldan Dyes
Eldan Title (Sentinel of Nexus)
Housing Décor Item – Eldan Technology
Rocket House
Housing Décor Item - Mini Ship Statue
10 Slot Bag
Pre-Order Title (Chosen of the Progenitors)
Character & Guild Name Registration 2 weeks before Launch
Access to all Beta Weekends
7 Day Trial codes for Friends
Headstart Access
30 days of playtime included

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

Is there a dye?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Only up to level 6 so far, but wow, being able to dodge and ping around from the word Go makes a hell of a difference from WoW's sitting still and using the one skill you have so far. Using the Steer addon for proper mouselook and it feels almost like playing a sort of third person platform shootery thing.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Dr VideoGames 0.299 posted:

I'll betcha a nickle this'll be free to play in 1-1.5 years.

That seems almost too generous. I'm more surprised they haven't offered last minute lifetime subscriptions.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

code:
tracert 64.25.34.198

Tracing route to 64.25.34.198 over a maximum of 30 hops

4    11 ms     9 ms    13 ms  xe-2-0-6-0.NWRK-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.209.140]
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8    48 ms    47 ms    48 ms  0.ae1.XT3.DFW9.ALTER.NET [140.222.225.47]
  9    48 ms    48 ms    48 ms  GigabitEthernet6-0-0.GW12.DFW9.ALTER.NET [152.63.97.94]
 10    58 ms    58 ms    56 ms  65.205.119.210
 11    57 ms    57 ms    57 ms  64.25.32.9
 12    56 ms    57 ms    58 ms  64.25.32.26
 13    58 ms    60 ms    57 ms  64.25.34.198

Trace complete.
Welp.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Xavier434 posted:

It will be. Nothing changes much if at all during this stage of development right before launch. What we are doing now is giving Carbine a final "launch simulation". Nothing ever changes so close to launch because doing so puts you at high risk for other unexpected problems to emerge as a result of the changes.
Yeah, I was hoping they would panic and delay the game after I saw the sorry state of the game on the beta weekends, but apparently people weren't whining hard enough or NCSoft is cracking the whip too hard. It does work and is playable, but the rough edges are enough that I think it's going to get some seriously disappointing reviews. That's a shame, since they have some genuinely good ideas along with the awkwardness.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I just got home and got in. I'm Yaosio on Nexus on the Dominion side if anybody wants to guild up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I was hoping they would panic and delay the game after I saw the sorry state of the game on the beta weekends, but apparently people weren't whining hard enough or NCSoft is cracking the whip too hard. It does work and is playable, but the rough edges are enough that I think it's going to get some seriously disappointing reviews. That's a shame, since they have some genuinely good ideas along with the awkwardness.

You know the game was scheduled to come out last year right? I assume it was basically do or die.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
The Hycrest Church music is absolutely amazing in such a subtle way.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
So I'm assuming Wildstar HipHop is dead or something because I haven't seen poo poo in the past 5-6 hours from 'em

Maybe I'm using the /who feature wrong

Should we make another guild for open beta? I'll be on pretty much all weekend to toss out invites and I'm sure we can get a few volunteers for off-hours

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Doublestep posted:

So I'm assuming Wildstar HipHop is dead or something because I haven't seen poo poo in the past 5-6 hours from 'em

Should we make another guild for open beta? I'll be on pretty much all weekend to toss out invites and I'm sure we can get a few volunteers for off-hours

You can send an invite to Katten, if this is on Nexus, but weekends are actually my busier days, so I won't be on much after tonight until Monday.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Doublestep posted:

Yeah probably. If you're on Nexus/Dom send a tell to ProfessorLatency, lets' get together and I can give some money to you for that or something

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This is obnoxious. I need to update my NC soft account, but it will not let me update it. Anyone else having this issue?

I already put in a ticket. This crap is keeping me from redeeming my key :-(

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 8, 2014

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Xavier434 posted:

Is there any recommendations to avoid the low performance issues on high end PCs? Is there a particular setting or two which is causing issues for a lot of people?

The game actually isn't CPU bottlenecked most of the time but it does peg the GPU for no reason. It doesn't seem to be using occlusion culling, so every single thing in your view is being rendered even if it's hidden by a different surface with the only cutoff being distance. This doesn't explain why some setups work less poorly though, but since going from DX11 (20-30fps) to DX9 (10-20fps) actually lowers performance, the only thing I can think of is that they're doing something weird with shaders or particles that works worse on Kepler and GCN GPUs than Fermi.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You know the game was scheduled to come out last year right? I assume it was basically do or die.
Haha, no I didn't. They're pretty hosed then. :laffo:

Unlucky7 posted:

This is obnoxious. I need to update my NC soft account, but it will not let me update it. Anyone else having this issue?
Can you be slightly more specific? What sort of messages are you getting? I might remember something if I saw it since I had to gently caress around with the accounts a while back myself, but their system is lovely in so many ways you can't really be vague.

dreffen posted:

Yeah probably. If you're on Nexus/Dom send a tell to ProfessorLatency, lets' get together and I can give some money to you for that or something
I'll be bothering one of you jerks after dinner if you're still around, I'd rather not suffer this next week alone (though it would probably be easier).

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I'll be on in a couple of hours and then I'll throw the guild together

Just gonna roll with Bad Rats for beta, I'll set up a poll for guild names later

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

Haha, no I didn't. They're pretty hosed then. :laffo:
Can you be slightly more specific? What sort of messages are you getting? I might remember something if I saw it since I had to gently caress around with the accounts a while back myself, but their system is lovely in so many ways you can't really be vague.
I'll be bothering one of you jerks after dinner if you're still around, I'd rather not suffer this next week alone (though it would probably be easier).

I am at work and on a cell phone. I will provide pictures as soon as I am able.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
HI GUYS

I JUST REGISTERED AN ACCOUNT TO JOIN YOUR CORPORATION

PLEASE ACCEPT I GOOD FIGHTER MANY GUN PROFICIENCIES

Graceful Flop
Feb 1, 2014

Dive in.

Unlucky7 posted:

If what you're dealing with is what I had to deal with (that prompt to change your username/confirm email/see what games you have registered to your account that immediately spits out an error), I was able to fix it by resetting my password. Even though I had literally just reset my password before being prompted with that screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to shut off background audio in the game?

• Locked thread