Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

B

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Definitely B.

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011
I vote for B.

But I also want to save the HRE mechanics for the arabs. Can I vote that we do B with just a regular japanese korean alliance?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

B and Helen Israel.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Man, I'm torn. Like A's Ming more, like B's Korea/Japan/Ainu more.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
A

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Voting B, but with some elements of A - the other Asian states hold more of Ming's usual territory, but Ming holds more territory further - the inner yoke of the Frontier that we didn't see, unlike the outer parts which collapsed into states simply associated with the Chinese, like more of Tibet, central Asia, and some of Siberia, alongside maybe even a few holdings in India. I don't think the HRE should be used there - thus far I still see the best candidate for that as the heavily fragmented and balkanized states of Arabia and Persia. Our Seljuk/Saimid/Fatimid/whatever other named friends, who should be restored to the Ottoman Empire since let's face it, those crazy national ideas are a pretty drat good reward for whoever units those states. Tripled manpower while in a war against any non-Sunni :allears:

...just as well, the Unify Islam thing should not be including...like, those random not-at-all-Islamic places in Europe. Palermo and Cordoba make some sense in usual EUIV? But not in ours, really.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
A

Alexey
Feb 15, 2012
A.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Voting B, but with some elements of A - the other Asian states hold more of Ming's usual territory, but Ming holds more territory further - the inner yoke of the Frontier that we didn't see, unlike the outer parts which collapsed into states simply associated with the Chinese, like more of Tibet, central Asia, and some of Siberia, alongside maybe even a few holdings in India. I don't think the HRE should be used there - thus far I still see the best candidate for that as the heavily fragmented and balkanized states of Arabia and Persia. Our Seljuk/Saimid/Fatimid/whatever other named friends, who should be restored to the Ottoman Empire since let's face it, those crazy national ideas are a pretty drat good reward for whoever units those states. Tripled manpower while in a war against any non-Sunni :allears:

...just as well, the Unify Islam thing should not be including...like, those random not-at-all-Islamic places in Europe. Palermo and Cordoba make some sense in usual EUIV? But not in ours, really.

Maybe a Caliphate sort of thing as a more generic term than the Ottoman Empire? But yeah, that sounds really cool.

It'll also give states in that area something to do other than be eaten by us.

Voting A.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I'm voting for

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ah, why the hell not. Gotta go with my main man Zheng He.

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

Current voting subtotals:

A: 12

B: 22

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Voting B

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
VOTE B

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

A

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
A. Inwards-facing China sounds boring. The rest of B is interesting enough, but not enough to make up for near-OTL China, IMO.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
B

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
A

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
My mandate is that B is going to need to get going.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
By the way, here's a preview of our starting situation in 1444.

Borders, etc., are still subject to tweaking and balancing, of course.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
I really like how both scenarios sound, so I'm going to go ahead and abstain for now.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'd make A case, but I am tired.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
One is interesting and makes sense given how CKII went. The other is "Let's inexplicably make the supposed-superpower Ming exactly like vanilla EUIV, but with a bunch of civil wars on top of it!"

Somehow the second is enjoying a landslide victory.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I do think you should shorten Kiev to just Kiev. Our direct domain is a bit smaller than I'd thought, actually, and I hadn't known there was such a directly large state in the Turkish region, as I'd figured that Ming Frontier territory was a bunch of smaller states. Who is that anyway? Damascus or so? Whoever they are, I guess they can start the game as the Caliph of the Holy Sunni Caliphate, since it looks very much like they're the Austria of the group.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

One is interesting and makes sense given how CKII went. The other is "Let's inexplicably make the supposed-superpower Ming exactly like vanilla EUIV, but with a bunch of civil wars on top of it!"

Giving them western tech growth is a bigger advantage than any amount of territory-- they're not going to perform poorly in either.

That said A.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Flesnolk posted:

Well after deciding to call ourselves "Rome" I don't think we care about interesting situations. Ming can get hosed for all I care, especially after the clusterfuck it brought.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Voting A

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Gonna go with A

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

Adept Nightingale posted:

Giving them western tech growth is a bigger advantage than any amount of territory-- they're not going to perform poorly in either.

It's pretty much this. They're honestly likely to crush Tibet and the Uyghers unless the AI screws up.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Well after deciding to call ourselves "Rome" I don't think we care about interesting situations. Ming can get hosed for all I care, especially after the clusterfuck it brought.

That makes precisely zero sense. The name of our empire has nothing to do with "interesting situations".

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

Flesnolk posted:

That makes precisely zero sense. The name of our empire has nothing to do with "interesting situations".

Restoring Rome in CK2 requires a lot more land than we took, and we voted to restore it regardless through an endgame vote. That's probably where he's coming from - we didn't exactly earn it legit.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

AdventFalls posted:

Restoring Rome in CK2 requires a lot more land than we took, and we voted to restore it regardless through an endgame vote. That's probably where he's coming from - we didn't exactly earn it legit.

There is nothing wrong with being a geographically confused anachronism held together by momentum until we explode in the most amazing springtime of nations ever in Victoria II.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Voting B.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I vote for B

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

AdventFalls posted:

"Restoring Rome" is more than just changing a name on the map, though-- it also gives you tons of prestige, a special title for your ruler, powerful CBs to continue eating the rest of the world, a different idea set of ludicrously overpowered ideas in EU4, etc.— and narratively it means everyone in Western Europe being all like, "Well, poo poo, I guess those Greeks over there in the East really are the real Roman Empire." We aren't getting any of those gameplay perks, and in the narrative various other rulers-- the Holy Roman Emperor, the Tsars of Kiev, Third Rome, the Pope, and others-- are all still standing by their own claims to the Roman legacy.

That vote was just about having our name on the map in EU4 and the name everyone calls the empire be the same thing, and ending the thing we saw in some posts where some contemporary sources called the empire "Byzantium" and some called it the "Roman Empire" by solidly going for one or the other. The term "Byzantine Empire" has a slightly different meaning in ByzLP world than it does in OTL, since it was used by some contemporary Byzantines and wasn't just made up centuries later by some historians-- but most people in the empire probably still would have just gone on calling it the "Roman Empire" all this time, just like in the real Byzantine Empire.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Yeah, I guess it goes without saying that in addition to not being the "Roman Empire" you get by converting the restored Empire over from CK2, we also are certainly not the "Byzantine Empire" of the time period either. We're a tougher, more hardened, but also more progressive state than the OTL Byzantium was, with our own ideas and legacy. We're more like... honestly, the Ottoman Empire than we are like the "Byzantine" or "Roman" Empires as they're most well known. And I'd say that's a good thing, because look what it got us; merchant republics, the Tri-Lingual Literacy Act, the Valerian Order, etc.

Speaking of the Valerian Order, I shall now give a detailed ten page essay on why, due to the survival of Greek Fire, the state's existence as a monastic military order, and our legacy of Warrior Empresses and such, they should get a unique idea or something involving a sort of Adepta Sororitas expy.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A. Maximum Ming. Zhongwen Universialis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Putting down my vote for A.

• Locked thread