Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can the Cowboys even deal Romo? If they take JFF (assuming the Titans don't) is he just gonna be on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

They're really making GBS threads on this dude's blocking. Is he seriously worse than average for a pass-catching TE?

yeah he was basically a WR in college. Evans is a better blocker IMO

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Vengarr posted:

They're really making GBS threads on this dude's blocking. Is he seriously worse than average for a pass-catching TE?

he also got a lot of dropsies

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Probably Magic posted:

LOL, we won't even start him until Week 10 because we're idiots.

Whiz.txt

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Alouicious posted:

no one gives a hot poo poo about blocking tight ends anymore

Blockers are good no matter what position they play on the offense. Like seriously what is this

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
no one cares to talk about Tennessee, just cut to only the second commercial we've had in the last 90 minutes, :sigh:

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012

Brannock posted:

He only gets it if he can prove it was because he was hurt or sick. And insurance is a scam, so they'll go to the greatest extents possible to argue that it wasn't.

Dang. Sorry Teddy. :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

Can the Cowboys even deal Romo? If they take JFF (assuming the Titans don't) is he just gonna be on the bench.

romo is probably the most untradeable player in the NFL right now.

maybe flacco

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Well, the top 10 got interesting in a big hurry. Manziel falls past the three teams most likely to draft him, and JFF and CJ Mosley are still on the board.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Eric Ebron cannot block one bit. I hope Detroit's line does better this season.

Well there line was good and Pettigrew will be in on blocking plays anyways. They'll use Ebron like Graham.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

no top tight end can block tbf

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

bewbies posted:

yeah he was basically a WR in college. Evans is a better blocker IMO

Evans is a pretty good blocker in general, right? I should probably read more about him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
WHY?! WE ALREADY HAVE A TIGHT END WITH DROP ISSUES!!!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Alouicious posted:

no one gives a hot poo poo about blocking tight ends anymore

The world champion Seattle Seahawks employ two of them :cool:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brannock posted:

Blockers are good no matter what position they play on the offense. Like seriously what is this

i mean yeah Bridgewater's good but what's he like as a blocker in the run game????

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

russel wilson selling out

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Let's get to the Giants already.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea pretty much, Romo's done if he doesn't want to wind up a literal cripple, it's sad but needed.

That's even worse than I heard. Is he going to play at all? I've heard 0 Cowboys news this off-season other than "our salary cap is hosed"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@AdamSchefter
Cleveland made a strong effort to trade up again to No. 11 just now. But ultimately, Browns just bailed. Titans picking.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Well, the top 10 got interesting in a big hurry. Manziel falls past the three teams most likely to draft him, and JFF and CJ Mosley are still on the board.
a lot of mocks had mosley falling to the 20s just because of lack of need or w/e

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

axeil posted:

Serious post: his back apparently was really, really hosed up at the end of the season. I remember hearing rumors swirling about how he might not have much time left in the NFL.

Which sucks, because Romo's a cool dude.

Yeah, local reporter and former QB Babe Laufenberg, a guy who is friends with both Garrett and Romo, was saying recently that he doesn't think Romo will be capable of playing another full season in his career :(

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i cant wait for manziel to freefall to cincinnati

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Good job not really addressing needs Lions

I bet they picked him as reactionary based on not getting Watkins or Evans. Eh we'll see. I don't like it either.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
And now Cris Carter to announce the 11th pick in the draft..

"Thank you Roger. And thank you Extenze, for giving me the confidence I need to announce this pick"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chris de Sperg posted:

no top tight end can block tbf

Gronk can (when he's healthy, which is never)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So how should I feel about this Ebron pick for the Lions?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter
Cleveland made a strong effort to trade up again to No. 11 just now. But ultimately, Browns just bailed. Titans picking.

it's like they realized their mistake already

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Demon Of The Fall posted:

no one cares to talk about Tennessee, just cut to only the second commercial we've had in the last 90 minutes, :sigh:

1045 Jim Wyatt thinks OT. Scrambled eggs thinks trade.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ahahah the British commentators have a guy from Dublin complaining about people wearing hats inside

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i cant wait for manziel to freefall to cincinnati

They can convert him to WR to replace Hawkins

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Alouicious posted:

i mean yeah Bridgewater's good but what's he like as a blocker in the run game????

Favre would sometimes try to block on run plays, but Favre's psychotic anyway

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Gerund posted:

Stafford, like Joey Harrington, needs weapons

Stafford can actually kinda QB though

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I want the Giants to take JFF just for the hilarity of it all.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
I'm really happy for Ebron :)

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Henchman of Santa posted:

WHY?! WE ALREADY HAVE A TIGHT END WITH DROP ISSUES!!!

This.

But don't worry Lions fans, Stafford's just gonna sidearm it errrrrry day

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

TheModernAmerican posted:

TEs block anymore?

:eng101: Part of why TEs have been so effective as hot reads is because they at least chip on many plays, which not only sets up time for the QB, but can also force the DE to make a choice if it's done well enough. He has to continue his rush OR drop back on the TE OR spy the RB possibly leaking on a wheel route.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

NC-17 posted:

And now Cris Carter to announce the 11th pick in the draft..

"Thank you Roger. And thank you Extenze, for giving me the confidence I need to announce this pick"

Missed opportunity for a Farve joke if I ever saw one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:lol: waiting Brady Quinn clip.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter

what maroons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

der juicen posted:

1045 Jim Wyatt thinks OT. Scrambled eggs thinks trade.

They do need a replacement for Stewart who retired this year, and Roos is getting older too.

• Locked thread