Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Houston's going to get Bridgewater

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

Huh, so this guy had 2 torn ACL's?
Well that's two fewer ACL's left to tear :downs:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What is that drat thing on their ears some of the fans are wearing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

that's a loving steal right there

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
words never spoken: "Thank god it was the Jacksonville Jaguars" PTSD Sufferer: Blake Bortles.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's gotta go through Bortortle first

When he gets sacked, does he have to come out of the game if stars start circling his head

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Pats just cockblocked Dallas from picking the guy coming off ACL surgery in the 2nd

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

Looks like the Niners are fielding phone calls.

Hmmm you have to wonder what their draft board looks like if they didn't want to trade up earlier and doesn't want to pick now. Lee seems like a no brainer at this spot given how old Boldin and Lloyd is.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Alter Ego posted:

Who is Dominique Easley?

a small DT who suffered two torn ACLs in college

lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Brady can't play forever you loving jackasses!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Really liked Easley as a second day pick, but I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on him at 30.

Oh god what's going to happen :ohdear:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Its cool that how tall I am is a more important reason I can't be an NFL quaterback than the fact that im unathletic, lack discipline, and have no football playing skills.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sweeney Tom posted:

Don't you loving jynx it you motherfucker.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Kalli posted:

Huh, so this guy had 2 torn ACL's?

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-case-for-the-seahawks-considering-dominique-easley-at-32

Again, this dude does good write ups on players that apply to more teams than just the Seahawks. He could be a very good player, especially considering the draft position.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sweeney Tom posted:

death to America

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Sweeney Tom posted:

I'm thinking so. Even if they don't Carr will be around. Denver and Sea have no need for a QB, so unless someone trades up....

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Trust me guys you do NOT want to trade up with the 49ers, Seahawks or Broncos. 100% you'll get a STD if you do so.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alter Ego posted:

Who is Dominique Easley?

quote:

Well regarded as a 5-star recruit, Easley made his first impact in 2011 when he started all 12 games at DT. In the team's final game vs FSU, he suffered a torn left ACL. Recovering to open the 2012 as Florida's starting DE, Easley missed 2 games with swelling in the injured knee. Easley appeared to have regained full strength on the knee in the start of the 2013 season. However another torn ACL, this time to his right knee, early in the season leaves him with major knee question marks on both knees.. On field, Dominique Easley’s success is predicated upon first step quickness, pad height, active hands and balance through initial contact. Generally able to time up the snap and get a quick jump, Easley showcases a one-gap attacking skill set with burst and bend off the line of scrimmage that's among the best in this class. Able to get underneath opponents and drive his legs for a speed rip move, Easley is at his best when stunting to either side of the blocker. When forced to work through the middle of his opponent or cutoff by help to either side, Easley’s lack of length is an issue despite a violent first punch. He struggles to consistently collapse the pocket with leg drive when asked to play on the edge, but has success there when playing on the interior.. Help from the center can neutralize Easley’s aggressive, attacking style at time and he struggles to keep his balance while taking body shots from either side, but he showed vast improvements in this area early in his senior season. Pad level can be an issue at times for Easley, and he needs to consistently work to land his hands with better hand placement, but improved here in flashes as a senior. Easley does a nice job of reading and reacting to the quarterback mid-rush, and impresses with his ability to stick his foot in the ground, spin off the blocker and chase down his target. Although Easley played a high volume of snaps at defensive end as a junior for the Gator defense, his best fit lies inside a 4-3 at the 3-technique position and overal interior disrupter. Easley’s plus first step, lateral quickness and effectiveness on stunts will allow him to be productive as a rotational defensive line piece early in his NFL career. If not for two knee injuries, Easley could be battling for top-20 status in this class. But the injuries and still need for development will likely push him to the second round on draft day.

edit: man that pdf was poorly formatted

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

Not when he falls to Seattle and someone trades up to get him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
when did he tear those ACLs?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sash! posted:

When he gets sacked, does he have to come out of the game if stars start circling his head

someone make the appropriate Pokemon reference with Watt/Clowney destroying Bortles I never played it I'm old

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Really liked Easley as a second day pick, but I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on him at 30.

Oh god what's going to happen :ohdear:

It's going to be Lee and they'll let Crabtree walk.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Are draft day parties just a bunch of people awkwardly cramming into a space, absent alcohol? Reminds me of college...

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Brady can't play forever you loving jackasses!
That's what you think.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Sash! posted:

gently caress you.

We all have to put up with your poo poo in the NCAA threads, don't expand your necrotic reach any further than it needs to

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK, time for the Niners to flush their pick down the toilet of bulking up.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Analysts are going to trip over themselves to Billy Five Ace Secret Value this pick but man what a risk

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Ahahaha, NFL Network labeled the 49ers Draft Party as taking place in San Pedro, CA.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Don't you loving jynx it you motherfucker.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bonham posted:

Are draft day parties just a bunch of people awkwardly cramming into a space, absent alcohol? Reminds me of college...

There is definitely alcohol.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Dear Broncos, draft Bridgewater

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

when did he tear those ACLs?

tore one two years back, and his other one last year. That's a bad deal

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HappyHelmet posted:

Not when he falls to Seattle and someone trades up to get him.

why would Seattle want Bridgewater or am I getting whooshed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Dear Broncos, draft Bridgewater

Brock Osweiler is the Future

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I want to run the hot press at the draft

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Goetta posted:

Analysts are going to trip over themselves to Billy Five Ace Secret Value this pick but man what a risk
Notice how Kiper tried incredibly hard not to call it a reach.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Manoueverable posted:

We all have to put up with your poo poo in the NCAA threads, don't expand your necrotic reach any further than it needs to

Wherever there is joy, I must seek out and destroy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

skipdogg posted:

I'm thinking so. Even if they don't Carr will be around. Denver and Sea have no need for a QB, so unless someone trades up....

Peyton is 38.

• Locked thread