Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As a matter of fact I'm so confident SHIELD is a bad show I'll :toxx:, contingent on Rarity going against me, that I'll watch the entirety of SHIELD season one and make a trip report thread IF she does the same for Person of Interest, an Actually Good Show. Best trip report thread (as judged by Deadpool) gets bragging rights and forces the loser to have a humiliating avatar claiming how much better the winner is.

ed: For clarification: Occ does SHIELD season one, Rarity does PoI season one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool, don't gently caress this up for us.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity I just want you to know I didn't endorse this. RIP Occupation.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Both shows are terribly boring.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dibs on getting to pee on his internet grave

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation posted:

dibs on getting to pee on his internet grave

You like anime though. Also, capitalization????

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Occupation posted:

Also, capitalization????

Occ, you only bother to properly punctuate 5% of your posts. Make your stand elsewhere.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
SHIELD isn't bad anymore, but it's not really good either. It feels like it's in a place where it could have really been great had the writers laid down a solid framework, but instead it's mostly mediocre with some good bits every now and then. Interesting things are happening now, but the characters, dialogue, acting, and pretty much anything that isn't plot-related is still weak. It totally guts a lot of enjoyment and drama out of the show, because the writers are depending on the audience caring about the well-being of characters they never really made compelling in the first place. There's only one interesting character in the whole show, and they had to completely scrap his/her previous personality to accomplish that.

Also, I have to say that the amount of Stockholm Syndrome going on with that show is ridiculous. I literally heard someone say that the first 17 episodes were supposed to suck, so the "amazing" last third of the season would be even more gripping and exciting! :wtc:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

Occ, you only bother to properly punctuate 5% of your posts. Make your stand elsewhere.

WOOSH

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

The joke has to land before you can say it flew over someone's head. I don't see a joke; just a lot of rambling.

Sorry, everyone, I'm just encouraging this.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

you're very bad at this, please go train in a secret posting monastery

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

see dp what you're not getting is is that I'm the e.e. cummings of tviv

each of my posts are a sacred free verse, a flowing poem, a didactic

subtle but brilliant deconstruction of the very heart and soul of this watchmans subforum

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 9, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Occupation posted:

see dp what you're not getting is is that I'm the e.e. cummings of tviv

each of my posts are a sacred free verse, a flowing poem, a didactic

subtle but brilliant deconstruction of the very heart and soul of this watchmans subforum

skip to the part where you stroke out and die then, e.e. cumming all over this copy of person of interest season 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

The joke has to land before you can say it flew over someone's head. I don't see a joke; just a lot of rambling.

Sorry, everyone, I'm just encouraging this.

Man you would make a horrible pilot.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How do you like my free verse?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I meant to post this earlier, but it may get mentioned as part of Fox's upfronts -- they have a new ridiculous prime time game show in the works: It's an Israeli format called "Boom!" A team plays against the house with multiple-choice, multiple-answer questions, with players locking in their choices by cutting the wires on a giant, cartoon-style bomb.

The Israeli premiere episode is online, and it's not geoblocked -- It's in Hebrew, but you should be able to follow along pretty well with how the show works.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

SHIELD isn't bad anymore, but it's not really good either. It feels like it's in a place where it could have really been great had the writers laid down a solid framework, but instead it's mostly mediocre with some good bits every now and then. Interesting things are happening now, but the characters, dialogue, acting, and pretty much anything that isn't plot-related is still weak. It totally guts a lot of enjoyment and drama out of the show, because the writers are depending on the audience caring about the well-being of characters they never really made compelling in the first place. There's only one interesting character in the whole show, and they had to completely scrap his/her previous personality to accomplish that.

Also, I have to say that the amount of Stockholm Syndrome going on with that show is ridiculous. I literally heard someone say that the first 17 episodes were supposed to suck, so the "amazing" last third of the season would be even more gripping and exciting! :wtc:

This so hard. And you know it will revert to villain of the week poo poo next season until Avengers 2 time. So brace yourself for another 17 episodes of suck before it gets mediocre.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

Edit vvv: aww kid, your jealousy is showing. Did you read the part where I said I was being obvious on purpose? It's what led to half the forum talking about how I was trolling and the other half arguing that I wasn't a troll. Several pages of discussion (about moi) leads me to think that the trolling worked.

aww man i liked you but you had to ruin it right at the end

Occupation you have just gone crazy again cool it down

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

Hawaii is pretty drab and bland though. I lived there for a year, it was like prison.

Oahu is literally just full of chinese people with a hawaiian accent. And there's so much spam everywhere, you'd think the poo poo grows on trees. Why do Hawaiians love spam so much? This is a question I hope is answered one day. I hate Hawaii.

Didn't it get popular during the war or something like that? Like it was always on the naval bases and that trickled into the general population?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Spam is pretty good if you pan fry it crispy like bacon. It also helps if you're out camping or are starving.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Occupation posted:

That analogy doesn't make sense: It's not genre-defining brilliant comedy in here

It's more like Parks and Rec season 1

You care way too much about this thread and these forums in general.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

Spam is pretty good if you pan fry it crispy like bacon. It also helps if you're out camping or are starving.
This is the only way I will even each any kind of luncheon meat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Can you guys please stop pretending to be good posters?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Occupation posted:

As a matter of fact I'm so confident SHIELD is a bad show I'll :toxx:, contingent on Rarity going against me, that I'll watch the entirety of SHIELD season one and make a trip report thread IF she does the same for Person of Interest, an Actually Good Show. Best trip report thread (as judged by Deadpool) gets bragging rights and forces the loser to have a humiliating avatar claiming how much better the winner is.

ed: For clarification: Occ does SHIELD season one, Rarity does PoI season one

Dude I'm not doing this because a) I love my Awful Big Brother av and b) I don't care

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rarity posted:

Dude I'm not doing this because a) I love my Awful Big Brother av and b) I don't care

Hahaha, the best possible reply.

Also the first new episode of Louie is amazing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yoshifan823 posted:

How do you like my free verse?

It's aight

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

It's friday and I think I'm going to just tack "and b) I don't care" onto everything I do today.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

Hahaha, the best possible reply.

Tis a shame, because Agents of SHIELD had a much better first season than Person of Interest. PoI didn't start getting good until the middle of the second season and even then it remained a wildly inconsistent show. SHIELD is not good even with the illusory changes* goons claim its made, but at least its (barely) watchable. Don't get me wrong, I like what PoI is now, but even I couldn't suffer through most of the first season. There's nothing good there, and a whole lot of bad.

*The lie is that SHIELD was a good show telling bad stories in the beginning and all the boring poo poo viewers were forced to sit through was setup for some awesome mid-season revelation after which point the series would be as awesome as Firefly, Buffy or Dollhouse. The mid-season revelation came, but it didn't fix what made SHIELD bad in the first place. The actors were still laughably bad; the stories still dull; the writing still cliche and stupid; and the production values still below that of a Syfy original movie. The truth is that SHIELD was a bad show telling bad stories and is now a bad show telling slightly less bad stories.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Agents of Shield probably has a bigger budget than Hannibal but it really looks like poo poo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I haven't been a regular viewer of Maron, but I TiVoed it because it was airing alongside Comedy Bang Bang anyway.

Last night had Maron's agent pushing him onto Talking Dead even though he doesn't watch the show, thinks it's dumb, and Chris Hardwick hates him. I imagine the whole point of the show is "Marc Maron is a bitter douche and catches an endless amount of poo poo for it," so it's not like it was doing anything different. But it was fun to watch Hardwick and Michael Ian Black bring The Talking Dead to a crashing halt to berate Maron for being Maron.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The direction on SHIELD is absolute poo poo and it makes the budget look like pocket change.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

DivisionPost posted:

I haven't been a regular viewer of Maron, but I TiVoed it because it was airing alongside Comedy Bang Bang anyway.

Last night had Maron's agent pushing him onto Talking Dead even though he doesn't watch the show, thinks it's dumb, and Chris Hardwick hates him. I imagine the whole point of the show is "Marc Maron is a bitter douche and catches an endless amount of poo poo for it," so it's not like it was doing anything different. But it was fun to watch Hardwick and Michael Ian Black bring The Talking Dead to a crashing halt to berate Maron for being Maron.

I love Maron and god drat it was amazing to see Hardwick being a dick to him. I hope they repeat that with @Midnight.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone else miss Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? I really enjoyed it when it was on and felt like it was a cool twist on that universe. Also BAG was a badass and Summer Glau was...Summer Glau. Shame it got canceled so quickly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Here, I bring you the clip because I'm not a lazy piece of poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Z8Xx-WNx0

The Midniter posted:

Anyone else miss Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? I really enjoyed it when it was on and felt like it was a cool twist on that universe. Also BAG was a badass and Summer Glau was...Summer Glau. Shame it got canceled so quickly.

Yeah, that show owned.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

That's a taste. The rest of it is even better, and worth tracking the whole episode down.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

That's a taste. The rest of it is even better, and worth tracking the whole episode down.

You do it!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

zoux posted:

Are they all goofing around or is this actually real? They clearly have some kind of past. If it is real, what did Maron do to deserve it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's real and it's spectacular.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ravane posted:

Are they all goofing around or is this actually real? They clearly have some kind of past. If it is real, what did Maron do to deserve it?

Marc Maron is a piece of poo poo and his show is all about how much everyone hates him (except for Dave Foley, who just crashes on his couch and whines at him a lot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It kind of reminds me of that scene between Dane Cook and Louie when he was trying to get tickets for some show. I'd've really liked to see how they pitched that to Cook and how much of that beef still exists.

• Locked thread