Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Another dude to own Alex "lovely and bad" Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MakaVillian posted:

Or have him bulk up for a year behind Bethea and then replace him?

My understanding is that the way Bethea's contract is structured means he'll probably be on the team for two years. Either way, the Niners play enough multi-DB sets that I'm sure he'll see the field just fine.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JT Jag posted:

After some meditation and like five whiskey sours I have come to the conclusion that I can never like Blake Bortles no matter how successful he becomes because when I say his name it feels like I have to chew it in my mouth to get it out.

"Bortles."

"Bortles."

"Booooortles."

sorry bro

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I hate the Titans for not trading up for Bridgewater at this point. The Texans will rape them until the end of time now and they totally deserve it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Blake Bortles

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well hopefully for the Broncos he decides to start playing again. Great talent but took his senior season off.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

JT Jag posted:

After some meditation and like five whiskey sours I have come to the conclusion that I can never like Blake Bortles no matter how successful he becomes because when I say his name it feels like I have to chew it in my mouth to get it out.

"Bortles."

"Bortles."

"Booooortles."

Gabbert.

Bortles.

Gabbert.

Bortles.

Gabortles.

Semantic Satiation.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

skipdogg posted:

Rapoport tweeting Vikes might try to move up for Seattle's pick.

Give me Bridgewater. Just do it Vikings.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Zifnab posted:

NFL network covers pick 1-30 and then swaps to network coverage for some reason

Just too much work to cover the last two picks
i presume it's overrunning the alloted time or something, the british tv channel covering it had it alloted from 12am to 4:30am (now)

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is going secondary this year.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Matt Millen, the worst general manager in world history, yet somehow a worse board member for charity

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

one player left. Don't gently caress me over, Bird team.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

bort bort

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

inconsistent tackles

just what I like in my defensive players

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
TRADE YOU BITCH

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I feel a lot better about the Bears pick because this is a hell of a run on DBs

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Alouicious posted:

why is everyone drafting DBs

Seattle Seahawks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SO CLOSE SO CLOSE SO CLOSE

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The night of a thousand DBs

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bonham posted:

Gabbert.

Bortles.

Gabbert.

Bortles.

Gabortles.

Semantic Satiation.

abandon the hennewagon and get in the bortle...copter? I got nothin'

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I don't know about none else. I'm getting a Manziel jersey as soon as I can and wearing it unironically around public square. I'm so loving excited to watch him collapse.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hooray it's time :hawksin: which no-name will it be?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The big board I'm looking at has Ward higher than Roby HTH

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

What the gently caress? Did they just say that Roby's biggest problem was that he was indifferent? Why the gently caress did we pick him in the first round? I sure want a bunch of players that don't care on my team...

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'd actually want Kouandijo or Sua'filo over Lee but I think OL is by far the biggest weakness on the team so I'm extremely biased

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Haha this highlight video of him allowing huge catches

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

HappyHelmet posted:

Everyone is going secondary this year.

defense...wins...championships??? :shepface:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Parmesan Basil posted:

Another dude to own Alex "lovely and bad" Smith

The Chiefs will draft a QB. Maybe.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I feel like the Broncos lost too much not to take a step back and they need a QB for the long term.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well at least I can hope this guy misses a lot of tackles hilariously.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think it's premature to assume Bridgewater is going to be successful in the NFL.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Please move up, Vikings. Please go get Teddy. I'm so depressed.

Edit: BREER IS MAKING ME HAPPY MAYBE

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Chris Biderman@ChrisBiderman 3 mins
Per source: #49ers will start Ward as a nickel and groom him to be a safety to take over for Bethea

My hunch was right. I'm down with this.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
pats fans - fwiw, jerry thornton called this pick, in this position, over a month ago, and here's what he wrote:

quote:

Even if you’ve been studying up on the draft you might be justified in saying “Who???” because so many sites have him ranked so low. Particularly the ones that haven’t updated in a while. A year ago he was projecting as a can’t miss 1st rounder, even being mentioned in the same breath as Clowney. The major difference being no one ever questioned Easley’s commitment like they do Clowney’s. The main problem is he fell off a lot of boards when he blew out his right ACL in Week 3 last year. Which now matches perfectly the left ACL he blew out in 2011. And while that’s a concern for sure, he bounced back from that first one to record more big plays (4 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss including 3.5 in the Sugar Bowl) in 2012 than anyone on the Gators. His knees have passed every physical, but that won’t stop teams from being scared off and make him your classic Patriots “value” pick. He’s a great fit because he has every Patriots checkmark in his favor. He comes from a Pats feeder program (Belichick’s experiences with Chad Jackson, Jermaine Cunningham, Spikes and Bristol County Inmate 41144 notwithstanding). He was a team captain at Florida,which always counts. He won the Gators team awards for tenacity and mental and toughness. He was a staple in the weight room. On the field, he’s known for an explosiveness off the line of scrimmage, with a suddenness into the gap that makes him a nightmare to block. He’s smaller than any tackle the Patriots have had for sure. But he makes up for it with leverage and a quick first step. And he’s one of those relentless, high motor guys they love.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Come on, someone trade their 2015 1st to move up and take Teddy.

Edit: and some other picks.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
hahahaha, showing Denver's CB pick getting torched twice

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Draft Bridgewater please. Let's just have good cheap QBs forever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@Earl_Thomas 3m
NFC west drafting safety's ..

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sorry about complaining Jags fans. I think things will work out for you though.

If you land Teddy in the second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The Big Jesus posted:

I hate the Titans for not trading up for Bridgewater at this point. The Texans will rape them until the end of time now and they totally deserve it.

Enjoy us trotting this out, most probably.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1760229/jimmy-garoppolo

• Locked thread