Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shath Hole posted:

:lol: at Houston fans who get the unanimous top player in the draft and are yet still ready to jump off the cliff because they felt entitled to Teddy.

I'm bummed but not super upset, we still did great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kirios posted:

I am not dealing with another loving Carr again. Are you loving kidding me with this? How cursed is Houston sports to have to go through with that AGAIN?!

What if Carr 2: Electric Boogaloo ends up being the greatest QB in NFL history? Will it be worth it then?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Cav posted:

So we have just under 24 hours as a nation to beg Houston to show mercy on Derek Carr and not take him.

Love that trade/pick for the Vikings.

That makes two of us :getin:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I'm actually not all that hung up about Carr. It's unfair to compare him to his brother. I mean, Jesus, look at the Mannings.

..by which I mean the obviously superior, multi-SB-winning Eli over his lowly brother.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok just watched a bunch of fuller highlights and now I'm excited. Jsut hope the bears draft all the DTs

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Shath Hole posted:

:lol: at Houston fans who get the unanimous top player in the draft and are yet still ready to jump off the cliff because they felt entitled to Teddy.

not entitled , he never should have fallen that far. but it was almost the perfect draft ever

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Considering Seattle somehow finds value in the late rounds and we hosed over Houston I am quite happy with this trade.

Honestly, I think they could have done better. I'll take it, but to only get a 4th is pretty "meh"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
To be fair, I was only referring to the posters ragging on Houston's front office. I'm sure they tried to move up and Seattle took the better offer.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

I gotta wonder if the Texans wanted Bridgewater really bad (they should have) if they would have pre-emptively called Seattle saying "hey if anyone tries to snipe this pick, let us have a chance to top their deal"

Because if not they dumb

33 and a 5th would have guaranteed it so I gotta think they aren't that serious about him

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vertical Lime posted:

i'll leave you with this thought

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb 3m
Manziel on the possibility of being drafted by the Cowboys: "I don't know if the world could've handled that, honestly."

It would've made Manning and Brady chat look like Bridgewater first round draft coverage.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Clowney's great but come on, would a Chargers fan want to see Ryan Leaf's brother at quarterback? Or the Browns have Brandon Weeden's brother at quarterback? What about the Raiders? Would you like JaMarcus Russell's brother at quarterback?

It's strange. It's horrible. I thought I was done with seeing someone with the last name Carr as a Texans quarterback. This is a terrible nightmare.

Edit: Whatever, you guys will say yes to that question in a heartbeat, and it will be easy for you to do because you'll never have to deal with this situation. gently caress this Earth...Clowney's great and all but Bridgewater was the guy I wanted the most out of anyone and the Texans squandered it. It's difficult to be that happy about today...it was almost the perfect draft.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yes surely you're going to get David Carr 2.0 because you're drafting a guy with the same last name as him and also resigning the original O-line you had when the team first started

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you're not a houston fan and you don't want another carr in Texas, you have no business posting in TFF

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

seiferguy posted:

But yeah holy poo poo a lot of DBs got picked

4 CB
3 DE
2 DT
4 LB
5 OT
3 QB
4 S
1 TE
5 WR

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
These teams are killing it on social media today. Vikings fans react to the Bridgewater pick:

http://instagram.com/p/nwvg6gtjiD/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The human bleacher report Jesus Christ Kirios

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does Houston have a non-draft solution for QB? Their current QB kinda blows.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I mean I have a little bit of irrational twitch shell shock to the idea of "Texans Starting Quarterback D Carr" but I'm not going full Kirios about it it's just half a decade of learned behavior okay

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Alouicious posted:

Yes surely you're going to get David Carr 2.0 because you're drafting a guy with the same last name as him and also resigning the original O-line you had when the team first started

I'm optimistic :)

Except the only game I saw of him he was getting clowned by USC and he's like a pure screen passer

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

Clowney's great but come on, would a Chargers fan want to see Ryan Leaf's brother at quarterback? Or the Browns have Brandon Weeden's brother at quarterback? What about the Raiders? Would you like JaMarcus Russell's brother at quarterback?

It's strange. It's horrible. I thought I was done with seeing someone with the last name Carr as a Texans quarterback. This is a terrible nightmare.

Edit: Whatever, you guys will say yes to that question in a heartbeat, and it will be easy for you to do because you'll never have to deal with this situation. gently caress this Earth...Clowney's great and all but Bridgewater was the guy I wanted the most out of anyone and the Texans squandered it. It's difficult to be that happy about today...it was almost the perfect draft.

It's actually pretty easy, tbh.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I miss Byron Leftwich

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm actually not all that hung up about Carr. It's unfair to compare him to his brother. I mean, Jesus, look at the Mannings.

..by which I mean the obviously superior, multi-SB-winning Eli over his lowly brother.

He has good potential I think. If I was a Texans fan I wouldn't be super disappointed if they took him at the top of the 2nd. Though I would probably want Marquis Lee more.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

No Safe Word posted:

I gotta wonder if the Texans wanted Bridgewater really bad (they should have) if they would have pre-emptively called Seattle saying "hey if anyone tries to snipe this pick, let us have a chance to top their deal"

Because if not they dumb

"Uh yes as a matter of fact 10 teams are fighting for it but out of the kindness of my heart it's yours for your 2nd and 3rd round picks this year and first rounder next year lmk"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It brings rushing back horrible memories of Dom Capers...and Charley Casserly....and....oh God no, please NO DONT SEND OUT DEMARCUS FAGGINS AGAIN NOOOOOOOOO

Of course if the Texans don't take Derek Carr at #33 then great, whatever, I'll be happy about the draft regardless. Just please...no Derek Carr.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

These teams are killing it on social media today. Vikings fans react to the Bridgewater pick:

hahahaha hahahahah

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Alouicious posted:

Its not just the same last name. They're brothers. The bloodline is tainted...cursed...

Nah, Carr the First would have been far better if he hadn't been dumped into such a terrible situation. Same poo poo the Browns did to Tim Couch 3 years prior. :shrug:

coco bryce
Jun 23, 2007
I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness.

xbilkis posted:

haha

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

regulargonzalez posted:

"Uh yes as a matter of fact 10 teams are fighting for it but out of the kindness of my heart it's yours for your 2nd and 3rd round picks this year and first rounder next year lmk"

You'd be a bad GM if you wouldn't play teams offering to top other teams against one another, hope this helps.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm really depressed that there will never be another night in my life when Blake Bortles is drafted.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

It's actually pretty easy, tbh.

The city of Houston will be furious with another Carr on the team and he will get booed from day loving one. He will have zero chance in Houston. It's completely unfair to Derek Carr for him to come here. This is a town that CANNOT handle another Carr at quarterback.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty happy with the Saints move to grab Cooks. We were thinner at WR than most people realize.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm really depressed that there will never be another night in my life when Blake Bortles is drafted.

Dispersal draft when the Jaguars fold

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If I based Bret Boone's production off of his brother Aaron I'd think Bret wouldn't be very good!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

It brings rushing back horrible memories of Dom Capers...and Charley Casserly....and....oh God no, please NO DONT SEND OUT DEMARCUS FAGGINS AGAIN NOOOOOOOOO

Of course if the Texans don't take Derek Carr at #33 then great, whatever, I'll be happy about the draft regardless. Just please...no Derek Carr.

you do not have PTSD from david loving carr

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
:lol: at Chiefs fans who were watching this thinking we were going to do something good. Didn't even waste my time with it :cool:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wait until Fantasy Draft day :mmmhmm:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Kirios posted:

Leaf melted down. Weeden was old and crappy out of the gate. Jamarcus was a lazy gently caress up on the sizzurp.

Carr was broken by a crappy expansion team with a poo poo OL.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

The city of Houston will be furious with another Carr on the team and he will get booed from day loving one. He will have zero chance in Houston. It's completely unfair to Derek Carr for him to come here. This is a town that CANNOT handle another Carr at quarterback.

Hardly anyone in the younger fanbase even remembers Carr.

The only thing anyone is going to care about is that it isn't Schaub, and they'll be too busy drooling over Watt+Clowney to care.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alouicious posted:

you do not have PTSD from david loving carr
No but David Carr has PTSD from his time in Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kirios posted:

the city is enraged

• Locked thread