Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Crazy Ted posted:

No but David Carr has PTSD from his time in Houston.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

Hardly anyone in the younger fanbase even remembers Carr.

The only thing anyone is going to care about is that it isn't Schaub, and they'll be too busy drooling over Watt+Clowney to care.

...you severely underestimate this town CG. Everyone remembers Carr...and no one gives him the benefit of the doubt of the offensive line being bad. He is a cursed name in this town.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

drat you Houston fans can moan. I hope they *don't* loving draft Carr and instead pick up Taylor Martinez in the 4th.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

seiferguy posted:

Does Houston have a non-draft solution for QB? Their current QB kinda blows.

We literally need Carr, that's the weight of our situation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Glumslinger posted:

Dispersal draft when the Jaguars fold
What the gently caress man

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I hate football. It is the worst sport.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Does Houston have a non-draft solution for QB? Their current QB kinda blows.

Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Yates

so no not really

though expect the whole "O'Brien trying to reunite with Mallett" scuttlebutt to intensify now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tatum Girlparts posted:

We literally need Carr, that's the weight of our situation.

Condolences.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

seiferguy posted:

If I based Bret Boone's production off of his brother Aaron I'd think Bret wouldn't be very good!

I always liked that bat flip Bret did when he hit a homer :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Go Raiders, go Schaub

Light up the NFL and make Houston having to take Carr 2.0 even funnier

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Kirios posted:

...you severely underestimate this town CG. Everyone remembers Carr...and no one gives him the benefit of the doubt of the offensive line being bad. He is a cursed name in this town.

It's Houston's fault that Carr was broken so I wouldn't expect too much sympathy

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

In the middle of the deepest night in the coastal city of Houston, you can hear a voice in the winds that sweep through the desolate city life. It whispers *CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR* and then the wind is immediately sacked by nine defensive linemen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

I'm pretty happy with the Saints move to grab Cooks. We were thinner at WR than most people realize.

Yep. The more I read about Cooks, the more I love the pick.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The human bleacher report Jesus Christ Kirios

"What will become of the QB position at Houston? Only time will tell."

nah
Mar 16, 2009

why does David Carr have a brother that's at least 12 years younger than him anyway

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

regulargonzalez posted:

drat you Houston fans can moan. I hope they *don't* loving draft Carr and instead pick up Taylor Martinez in the 4th.

Literally one Houston fan is moaning about Carr in this thread.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

why does David Carr have a brother that's at least 12 years younger than him anyway
Old people fuckin'

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Great, Houston's going to become a running joke with the Carrs now.

gently caress you Dolphins, Carr family > Ginn family.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Wait until Fantasy Draft day :mmmhmm:

top five pick in my Millen league

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kirios posted:

Mallet. In a millisecond.

Mallett is actually in the NFL and already garbage, though. You're reacting really negatively based just on the guy's last name and that's a very silly thing to do!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

regulargonzalez posted:

I'd be pretty pissed if I were a Texans fan, tbh. The GM has to know that the #32 spot is going to be heavily targeted by teams trading up to get a QB, Seattle would have known that they weren't going to miss their prospect by trading down one spot to a team hungry for a QB, probably could have gotten it even cheaper than the Vikes (5th or 6th rounder). You'd have to know that any team trading up to #32 would be targeting Teddy, and you have a fan-base that isn't going to like it if you draft Carr.

I called this one to my Seattle friend an hour ago (even called the Vikings being the team in play), it was blindingly obvious that someone was going to make a play for the #32 spot, Houston had an easy chance to get it and whiffed.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

"What will become of the QB position at Houston? Only time will tell."
2014 STARTING QB: NOT BLAKE BORTLES

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Old people fuckin'

yuck...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Mallett is actually in the NFL and already garbage, though. You're reacting really negatively based just on the guy's last name and that's a very silly thing to do!

...how do we know Ryan Mallet is garbage, exactly? Because of four passes in 2012?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kirios posted:

David Carr or Enron, which is more beloved in town

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kirios posted:

Great, Houston's going to become a running joke with the Carrs now.

We've been a running joke since we came into the league so

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kirios posted:

...how do we know Ryan Mallet is garbage, exactly? Because of four passes in 2012?

I think we can expand this finally.

Shut up kirios.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
This draft hasn't been that exciting so far. Lots of sensible picks, including normally crazy teams like the Falcons and Patriots.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
David "Guantes Blancos" Carr

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

David Carr or Enron, which is more beloved in town
The Enron scandal was actually done on purpose to prepare the city for David Carr.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

and this is a city that literally named its airport after george hw bush

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

JT Jag posted:

What the gently caress man

Hey, its the only other draft I could think of

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey, its the only other draft I could think of
It was a low-blow is all I'm sayin'

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: KAIN COLTER IS STILL ON THE BOARD, TEXAS FANS :siren:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

R.D. Mangles posted:

and this is a city that literally named its airport after george hw bush

No one actually calls it that, though.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

In the middle of the deepest night in the coastal city of Houston, you can hear a voice in the winds that sweep through the desolate city life. It whispers *CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR* and then the wind is immediately sacked by nine defensive linemen.

:lol:

I should start the world's dumbest kickstarter to fund me going back and looking at game film to prove that like half of David Carr's sacks were his own stupid rear end running out of bounds behind the LOS though. He did that poo poo all the time instead of throwing it away. Doesn't make the O line not bad but come on.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The team that wears Halliburton Battle Red uniforms deserves Carr after Carr.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think we can expand this finally.

Shut up kirios.

If it's unfair for me to judge Derek Carr based upon his name then it's unfair to judge Ryan Mallet based upon the very little we've seen of him. If O'Brien likes him enough to trade a 3rd round pick for him then I'm 100% cool with that.

If the Texans do absolutely nothing with Mallet then I'm fine with that too. This is a very simple thing to judge because Bill O'Brien has a lot of experience with him...he may very well have little opinion of him.

I'd still rather take a chance on him if Bill likes him then gamble on Derek Carr. And honestly, I don't even like any of the other quarterbacks in this draft. In my opinion after the top three there was a pretty big drop-off.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Drafting Carr would give me a pretty good excuse to do another song for the Farthouse so I'm actually pretty down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That would be pretty sweet, actually. But no, it's not worth another Carr. :(

• Locked thread