Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home

V-Men posted:

At this point it's just anger. It's no longer about preserving joy or happiness -- it's devolved into something weird and dark.

Also, it'd be awesome if Bandai released a video with Kaito teaching you how to dance like Team Baron.

Was there a dance video for Team Gaim, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm hoping it's more like: Micchy comes within literal inches of obtaining the power of a God or whatever, and then just gets chopped directly in half by either an Overlord or Takatora, instead.
I'm worried that since Takatora didn't see his brother being a huge betrayal douchebag, if he comes back he'll be all friendly happy family with him. Leading to a show where we have two strong, morally decent leads that are too pure and naive to realize their friend?/brother keeps loving them over and trying to kill them.

And really, it's the only way I can see the horseback army battle thing at the start of the series connect in a way that makes sense.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well this episode sure reminded me of another smug antagonistical fabulous rear end in a top hat.

He is so dead.

I am tempted to say that Ryouma is going to be the final boss since he is the only one that cares about becoming a "God". Seems like proper motivation for a final boss.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Lostconfused posted:

I am tempted to say that Ryouma is going to be the final boss since he is the only one that cares about becoming a "God". Seems like proper motivation for a final boss.

Did you miss the part at the end of the episode where Sid hosed up the lab and the one open crack Yggdrasill had access to, specifically to put a wrench in Ryoma's and Minako's plans, to get ahead of the game? Ryoma's not the only one who's taking this whole thing seriously.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The crack in Yggdrasil is the only thing allowing them to maintain any intentional connections to Helheim, right? So like, do the Drivers even work now?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The crack in Yggdrasil is the only thing allowing them to maintain any intentional connections to Helheim, right? So like, do the Drivers even work now?

No, that particular crack was the only one they had control over and could move large amounts of people and equipment through. Now the only way to access Helheim is through the Drivers and the Lock Machine bikes. Neither of which works for what they were doing, not that they'll be doing any more research now. If not for everything else, they could easily find another crack and hold it open.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

melodicwaffle posted:

Did you miss the part at the end of the episode where Sid hosed up the lab and the one open crack Yggdrasill had access to, specifically to put a wrench in Ryoma's and Minako's plans, to get ahead of the game? Ryoma's not the only one who's taking this whole thing seriously.

He will always be a supporting character. His rebellion is just to add a bit of extra tension. Now that the existing tension of strained relationships between Takatora and Kouta, and Takatora and Micchy has been resolved.

Really its more of a question what's more interesting. Micchy avenging his brother's death and grasping for power or Micchy getting his just desserts for betraying his brother and getting cut down by even more traitorous schemer like Ryouma.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm still banking on DJ Sagara having potential to be leader of the Overlords and therefore potentially the main antagonist of the series if they decide to go that way.

Dude has way more knowledge than most of the other characters, knows about woman in white dress and is on speaking terms with the overlords we've seen thus far. And he has those crazy lockseed powers. They seem to be painting him as a guy helping out the underdog and symbol of hope in this series, but it could be very easily turned around to be more of a "Giving someone you can control enough power to take down your main threats, but not enough to take you down" sort of affair.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crawfish posted:

I'm still banking on DJ Sagara having potential to be leader of the Overlords and therefore potentially the main antagonist of the series if they decide to go that way.

Dude has way more knowledge than most of the other characters, knows about woman in white dress and is on speaking terms with the overlords we've seen thus far. And he has those crazy lockseed powers. They seem to be painting him as a guy helping out the underdog and symbol of hope in this series, but it could be very easily turned around to be more of a "Giving someone you can control enough power to take down your main threats, but not enough to take you down" sort of affair.

I think it's quite clear that the White Overlord is the lead Overlord and Sagara is like NotMai. Both Sagara and NotMai may be Overseers of the Forbidden Fruit and independent of the Overlords and Riders as a neutral faction.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Lostconfused posted:

He will always be a supporting character. His rebellion is just to add a bit of extra tension. Now that the existing tension of strained relationships between Takatora and Kouta, and Takatora and Micchy has been resolved.

Really its more of a question what's more interesting. Micchy avenging his brother's death and grasping for power or Micchy getting his just desserts for betraying his brother and getting cut down by even more traitorous schemer like Ryouma.

My preference is for Micchy getting slapped around by Mai if/when she learns who he really is and everything he's done. And then Micchy getting the forbidden fruit and using his god-like powers to separate Helheim and Earth so all his friends can stay happy. If that's something he even cares about now.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This week's episode

The good: Jouji Nakata is totally voicing the Overlords' boss

The maybe not so good: Kikaider cross over next week. It appears to be canon to Gaim. :geno:

Apollove
May 31, 2013

jonjonaug posted:

The maybe not so good: Kikaider cross over next week. It appears to be canon to Gaim. :geno:

worst comes to worst we just get Gobus Gavan 2.0

Best case scenario it turns out to be a really enjoyable fun breather episode that also expands upon Gaim's plot a bit

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Apollove posted:

worst comes to worst we just get Gobus Gavan 2.0

Best case scenario it turns out to be a really enjoyable fun breather episode that also expands upon Gaim's plot a bit

If it's anything like the TQG episode, it'll be a fun and harmless breather episode. Urobuchi seems to be handling the mandatory marketing-based plot poo poo Toei's handing down to him pretty well.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 11, 2014

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Best use of mandated merchandise promotion goes to Gundam Build Fighters for

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Best use of mandated merchandise promotion goes to Gundam Build Fighters for

Build Fighters is an obvious toy commercial even within the mecha/toku 'genre', which are ALREADY obvious toy commercials. From what I'd seen it was pretty nice, don't get me wrong, but yeah, it was what it was.

VV: I saw it at the start, it was fun, but I kinda lost interest. Probably going to catch it soon I suppose, I've been hearing recommendations for a while.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 12, 2014

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Build Fighters is an obvious toy commercial even within the mecha/toku 'genre', which are ALREADY obvious toy commercials. From what I'd seen it was pretty nice, don't get me wrong, but yeah, it was what it was.

Its the best thing the franchise produced in over a decade. I'd say give it a shot if you are at all interested.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Subs are out for episode 29.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Also as a note, O-T just put out Rider x Rider Gaim & Wizard.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm so glad that Takatora is still alive. Him hanging out with the Overlord king should be fun. Meanwhile Micchy keeps on being Micchy, but I love Kaito calling him on his bullshit.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
goatman was here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 12, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

is it weird that it doesn't even phase me anymore

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Rei_ posted:

is it weird that it doesn't even phase me anymore

Yeah, was just thinking the same thing. This must be what it is like to have been in a war.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I don't think anyone who has been on the internet is really bothered by goatman beyond "oh that may be annoying to encounter near other people who aren't familiar with the internet's ways haha I guess"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kaito stop stealing the show every week drat. Also the twist this week is crazy but fits so well!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Good episode. The Lord of the Overlords is a lot more chill than I was expecting him to be.

"I'm able to fight because I believe in my friends!" *Is currently having murder attempted on him by his best friend* Oh, Kouta. :(

After watching the episode live as it aired, I gotta say it flows a lot better with the ads cut out. The advertisement placement was awful this week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jonjonaug posted:

Good episode. The Lord of the Overlords is a lot more chill than I was expecting him to be.

"I'm able to fight because I believe in my friends!" *Is currently having murder attempted on him by his best friend* Oh, Kouta. :(

After watching the episode live as it aired, I gotta say it flows a lot better with the ads cut out. The advertisement placement was awful this week.

Yeah, when he started that speech I was thinking "goddammit Kouta, you're so painfully naive that I'm starting to hate you." Then he manned the gently caress up and started beating up Micchy. I was very happy about that.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

So, chances that it's Oren that identifies Micchy as Melon?

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 12, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

TerminusEst13 posted:

So, chances that it's Oren that identifies Micchy as Melon?

I can dig it.

Speaking of digging it, reeeeally liking how the overlord lord isn't even "evil". He hates what happened to his world and doesn't want to allow another race to do the same thing. Kinda want him and Kouta to meet up and hash it out.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
One observation: I love how the show is completely exorcizing sponsor messages and cold openings just to get to the meat of the episode faster :allears:

Second observation, I love how history's repeating itself,and that apparently all civilizations are doomed to die by greed, rather than just Helheim. The overlords damned THEMSELVES to hell

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kouta's "I fight for my friends" speech is probably the most depressing take on that I've seen in my life. From what we know as his group of close friends (namely, Yuuya, Micchy and Mai), he killed the former, the second is trying to kill him, and poor Mai is the only one that still actually cares about him. I can only imagine how badly he'll break down once he realizes how Micchy really is and all the poo poo he pulled.

Far less depressing, I kind of like how Sid really is nothing without being a tier above everyone else in equipment. The moment Kaito gets the Genesis Driver, he beats the everloving crap out of Sid, he's not able to hold back the Overlord, and I'm pretty sure Kouta could beat him up too. Sid is low-tier as it comes, alongside Micchy, they're definitely at their best outside of combat, manipulating others to do what they need.

Also WATCH OUR MOVIE had me laughing so hard. I can only hope next episode is less blatant advertising than GoBusters-Gavan and actually makes a good episode, but I doubt it.

Also also, seeing Toki no Hana translated made me happy. I wonder if there's any chance we'll get a full translation on AEsir's lyrics section.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

Far less depressing, I kind of like how Sid really is nothing without being a tier above everyone else in equipment. The moment Kaito gets the Genesis Driver, he beats the everloving crap out of Sid, he's not able to hold back the Overlord, and I'm pretty sure Kouta could beat him up too. Sid is low-tier as it comes, alongside Micchy, they're definitely at their best outside of combat, manipulating others to do what they need.

Yeah, it makes sense that the street kids who have more practical combat experience are better fighters and with the power levels evened, suddenly the guys from Yggdrasill can't compete with them.

Kind of like how Kouta couldn't touch Oren (who has actually military training), but using an Energy Seed, suddenly it was no contest.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
By the by, The Wizard/Gaim crossover movie is out

So far, it is pretty fun.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Well on top of all that, Kouta and Kaito and the like have constantly been challenged to become stronger while Micchy, Sid, etc. have had a lot of their battles fought for them or fight very selectively.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Dante Logos posted:

Wow they actually used Kiwi. I forgot Micchy used to be a warrior princess.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Here's some poor quality on-set shots of Kiwami Arms

http://i.imgur.com/cKPxrrF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e6e0wKY.jpg

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dante Logos posted:

Wow, that was really goofy. I did like Takatora as Forze: "It's space ti- That's about as much as I'll humor that."

Though watching Micchy as Double was infuriating. It's time to count up your sins you say? No, it's time for you to count up your sins Micchy. :argh:

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Welp. I just got through the movie and that was probably the worst Kamen Rider thing I've ever watched.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You both took the words out my mouth. I said out loud "Yeah right Micchy you little poo poo".

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Well this finally happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Simon The Digger posted:

Well this finally happened.

These are totally going to be Kaito's and Micchy's Upgrades.

• Locked thread