Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sankis posted:

Didn't Ron and Ron, and every other 'shock jock' duo of the 80s and early 90s, have the exact same bit? I don't understand why they care.

I mean, "Whip em' Out Wednesday" is sort of a branded staple of this show. If 92.3 Now did a "show you tits to strangers" bit under another name, I think there would be much less backlash. It's New York Radio, it's a station that they sort of used to work for, and it's a morning show. I agree with Opie for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I posted that before I listened and agree with him now. I just assumed it was a similar bit.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I figured that the radio show was just taking the already created concept of Whip Em Out Wednesday and trying to bring it back to the public eye. From what I heard it didn't sound like they were taking credit for it, just saying "No, people really do this."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They were absolutely trying to pretend they invented it in an agonizingly terrible fake and forced bit with a generic zilch of a DJ who couldn't stop stumbling over his own lies every 15 seconds. It was super funny and so is the massacre they're going to take as a result

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah they deserve all the poo poo they get for how loving awfully fake that story was.

Because all the time I tell my friend "Oh yeah I forgot this girl randomly flashed me on the train a week ago. Then she got up and left!"

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!
I know this is a lazy thing to ask for, but does anyone have a pointer to the stalker patty song where they stitch together all of the filthy stuff she's read over the air? I keep striking out on youtube.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

covener posted:

I know this is a lazy thing to ask for, but does anyone have a pointer to the stalker patty song where they stitch together all of the filthy stuff she's read over the air? I keep striking out on youtube.

I'm not sure if this is the one you're thinking of but spreadtheonavirus has a mp3 of "Stalker Patty Freak Song by Dru Boogie"

http://www.spreadtheonavirus.com/xmbits/Assorted%20Bits/

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This week has been really good for the show. Bobo: Day Trader should be excellent. The Pests demolishing Ty Bentley is going to rule.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm not sure if this is the one you're thinking of but spreadtheonavirus has a mp3 of "Stalker Patty Freak Song by Dru Boogie"
drat, I remember when they were playing this thing all the loving time, mostly randomly with no context. I got so sick of it, I'm honestly kind of glad they don't just play random music poo poo from their pool constantly anymore.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's just killing me listening to these idiots talk about nutrition. You're talking about losing weight and then substituting protein for fruit juice? Don't they all have trainers? It's maddening.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3aXfT14x2w

This made my week hearing Jimmy go off on that cronut jerkoff and Roland's awful guests.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
http://jimnorton.com/photos/albums/a-new-album/fan-photos-carolines-sunday-42714/#gallery What are those first photos

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

They look like upskirts.

Despoiler
Apr 9, 2002
I liked the part where Kuriyama did his big speech.
they would appear to be a closeup of a man's hand

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I can't get enough of them playing Scorch's Weird News stinger on completely inappropriate clips.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008

The Dave posted:

It's just killing me listening to these idiots talk about nutrition. You're talking about losing weight and then substituting protein for fruit juice? Don't they all have trainers? It's maddening.

Reminds me of when they were making GBS threads on Bob Kelly's diet earlier in the year because he was eating bacon. They have no idea what they're talking about.

That being said, fat fucks really are infuriating and I have no sympathy for anything they get.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They think a high fat diet means eating literally whatever you want. They don't understand it needs to be low carb / no sugar as well. Oh hold on I forgot the stellar defense of WHAT ABOUT MY DAD?!?!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Haha, a doctor calls in and those two boobs immediately argue with him about their diets. I love it.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

Haha, a doctor calls in and those two boobs immediately argue with him about their diets. I love it.
Which two? There's the man-booby dad who gave up, the alcoholic with the stent and a 45 year old that's been in shape for two weeks.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jimmy actually kept his mouth shut while the professional told them they were dumb.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I still sticks with his "You can't eat bacon and be healthy durrrrr" attitude regardless.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

Call Me Charlie posted:

http://www.spreadtheonavirus.com/xmbits/Assorted%20Bits/
That's it, thanks!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

spudsbuckley posted:

I can't get enough of them playing Scorch's Weird News stinger on completely inappropriate clips.

INAPPROPRIATE?!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

shyduck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3aXfT14x2w

This made my week hearing Jimmy go off on that cronut jerkoff and Roland's awful guests.

Me too, but that only means Opie will perpetuate it and Roland keeps getting free food.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

spudsbuckley posted:

Scorch and Weird News is to O&A what Grover and his house are to SA: never, ever not funny.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Weird Boobs" was a great Quick Jimmy line that day.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I've actually been having a bit of a Scorch marathon this weekend (thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasonayeiter). I forgot about the cringe-worthy "Why
I do what I do" speech. He actually had to tell the audience to turn around from the bar and face him.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Cromulent posted:

I've actually been having a bit of a Scorch marathon this weekend (thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasonayeiter). I forgot about the cringe-worthy "Why
I do what I do" speech. He actually had to tell the audience to turn around from the bar and face him.

Great idea!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Stokes posted:

The douchiest part of that other radio guy stealing Whip 'em Out Wednesday is Opie's over-inflated anger when listening to the clips.

Not to hate on Opie but I've noticed, listening to this and earlier "radio war" clips, that Opie really has to emphasize "And I've never heard of these guys and we're in the business!", multiple times.

I can't help but remember "When someone says they don't care, it means they really do care" speech that Opie made about other people reacting to them.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Which reminds me, where is that clip of the "I don't caaare" singing guy from?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kevyn posted:

Which reminds me, where is that clip of the "I don't caaare" singing guy from?

EVERYBODY! I don't care, I don't care,

(He doesn't care!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-qCyYZRms

I don't know where the actual audio is from, but it's a Kevin Meaney bit nonetheless

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Should have refreshed.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

EVERYBODY! I don't care, I don't care,

(He doesn't care!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-qCyYZRms

I don't know where the actual audio is from, but it's a Kevin Meaney bit nonetheless

I think whenever Kevin Meaney thinks he's bombing he does that bit.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
The last 20 minutes of the show were amazing. They walked out of the studio leaving Lady Di babbling on the phone and then she and Bill got into a fight.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should have a Lady Di and Bill show.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The Di and Colin Quinn phone call was hilarious as well.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

They should have a Lady Di and Bill show.

It needs to be done. Especially if it's full of threats, booze, and farting.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Opie's stupidity/ignorance/opieness really shows through whenever they talk about gay issues. Regarding the Michael Sam kiss, he said "Even my gay friends would think that's disgusting!!" Uh, okay Opster. It's about on-par when he said "A gay Boy Scout leader would probably be really into young boys coming of age, right? That's the type of thing a gay guy would love, right?" I'm not even saying he's homophobic or anything, he's just incredibly dumb.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Opie's idiocy generally doesn't come through as mean-spirited, just really, really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Opie's just an idiot, but whatever. this Michael Sam stuff is way boring at this point. we get it, it may or may not be shocking depending on your background/tolerance levels lets move on already.

• Locked thread