Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
That's actually pretty well done. All glory to Smashy, the EU's tyrant land-octopus!

e: wait, it turned poo poo after Smashy did his bit. Bring back Smashy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He actually just wants to give the legislative bodies of Europe a friendly hug, but doesn't know his own strength.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

KKKlean Energy posted:

No, it gets more amazing later on. At 1.27 a man shows up with a nosebleed made of hair.
Ooh, I'm glad you convinced me to watch further actually, because otherwise I'd have missed the bit where they seem to say that they want to do away with MSPs and just occasionally have Westminster MPs go spend the day in Holyrood to vote in a "regional assembly". Also an actual "if they can afford spaceships how can they still need money". They are pro renationalising the post office, railways and health services though, so I guess they're actually better than UKIP.

Just to check, MEPs don't actually have any possible method by which to get the UK out of the EU, do they? Surely that'd be a Parliamentary decision.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The thing about being a giant octopus is that everyone prejudges you. I mean, is it any wonder he is a bit angry, being ostracised as he has?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ddraig posted:

The thing about being a giant octopus is that everyone prejudges you. I mean, is it any wonder he is a bit angry, being ostracised as he has?

Octopii get such a bad press. Why, even the Germans used them!

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Spangly A posted:

Also if you aren't defacing UKIP billboards then you're all terrible lefties and should be ashamed. gently caress all advertisement on the principle of "rich people deserve to gently caress with your brain" but gently caress it even more when it's racist.

This earnt me ten hours in a police cell the other night, but we didn't have to pay any sort of reparations, so it was a victory!(?)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Spangly A posted:

Also if you aren't defacing UKIP billboards then you're all terrible lefties and should be ashamed. gently caress all advertisement on the principle of "rich people deserve to gently caress with your brain" but gently caress it even more when it's racist.

haven't actually seen any in real life
sorry you all live in places even shitter than me

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
Goodbye childhood...

The trial has barely started, and already he sounds like history's true monster

(plus, he named his daughter Bindi? isn't that cultural appropriation ?)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SybilVimes posted:

Goodbye childhood...

The trial has barely started, and already he sounds like history's true monster

(plus, he named his daughter Bindi? isn't that cultural appropriation ?)

*zzziiiippp*

"Can you guess what it is yet?"

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
" while working on television in Australia he was known as the "Octopus" because of the way he would put his hands on children."

Full circle already, that was fast.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Another flash of pride for my adoptive hometown.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

e/ I was going to use one of these, but then I remembered somebody mentioned Batman and UKIP in the same breath a couple of pages ago, so :v:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 9, 2014

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Good news, everyone!

We might get to do The Sports again http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/could-rio-games-come-to-london-olympic-bosses-make-secret-plea-to-use-2012-venues-9344084.html

Or, newspaper writes about something that's not going to happen, more at 11.

I'd be okay with this if Danny Boyle gets to do the opening ceremony again.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I like the statue of Lady Justice with an EU blindfold at 2:30. They do realise the blindfold is meant to be a good thing, right?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jedit posted:

*zzziiiippp*

"Can you guess what it is yet?"

I couldn't help a little chuckle coming out when I heard he'd been charged with "creating indecent images" of children. I know his art wasn't the best, but really?

I'm a bad person.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Angepain posted:

I like the statue of Lady Justice with an EU blindfold at 2:30. They do realise the blindfold is meant to be a good thing, right?

What are you talking about? How is Lady Justice supposed to know they're Arabs, and therefore deserve everything they get?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Should have covered up the website adress but otherwise: bravo town I do not know the name of

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

sebzilla posted:

I'm a bad person.

Oh, I think that's entirely subjective these days.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Tories want to introduce strike ballot thresholds

quote:

A future Conservative government would introduce a threshold on union ballots for strike action, Prime Minister David Cameron has said.

The PM pledged to take action on the matter if he won a majority in the 2015 general election.

In an interview with BBC London 94.9 Mr Cameron said he could not deliver the changes in coalition because the Liberal Democrats were "not keen".

Mr Cameron said: "I want a Conservative government to pass new legislation so that strikes in central public services can't go ahead unless there is a proper threshold crossed in terms of the number of people taking part in the ballot.

"Of course there is a right to strike in this country, but in essential services, isn't it worth saying there ought to be a threshold before a strike is called, which causes so much damage?

"I am keen on it and a new Conservative government would deal with that."

twoot fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 9, 2014

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Should have covered up the website adress but otherwise: bravo town I do not know the name of
Swansea, for reference.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Don't know why they wrote the bit about London Underground like that. If 31% of the workforce voted in favour and it requires a majority, then by definition at least 61% had to vote. I don't know the numbers so don't know if it's a typo or deliberately misleading journalism but either way it's poo poo.

Where are you, ghost bob? :(

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The one near where I live has got me stumped for witty comebacks:

It's just so completely wrong :(

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

Just whitewash the thing, shouldn't take long if you can borrow a painters tools. Go all They Live on the main part.

e;

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 9, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Renaissance Robot posted:

Goatse.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

madre de dio

I think you'd need a referral link, properly vandalising it for goatse would be hard with all the text

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Truly, let's destroy the trade links with our close neighbours and rely on long sea routes to get our goods. Also, they explicitly mention an Northern Irish, an English and a Scottish "assembly", but not a Welsh one.
Sorry Wales :(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Spangly A posted:

madre de dio

I think you'd need a referral link, properly vandalising it for goatse would be hard with all the text

Naah, just a home printer and some glue!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiled_printing

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Umiapik posted:

Naah, just a home printer and some glue!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiled_printing

Hrm.

"Who really knows what Nigel Farage does at home?
25% of Farages orgasms are bum related"

Take back control of your anus.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I mean yes it's childish and homophobic but I can't really see anything upsetting UKIP voters more than pictures of a man's anus, because they are also childish and homophobic.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Spangly A posted:

Don't know why they wrote the bit about London Underground like that. If 31% of the workforce voted in favour and it requires a majority, then by definition at least 61% had to vote. I don't know the numbers so don't know if it's a typo or deliberately misleading journalism but either way it's poo poo.

The bit in question:

quote:

In the case of the recent 48-hour strike Tube strike, and earlier strikes in February, 77% of RMT members who voted in the ballot last year backed action.

But the number of eligible RMT union members who took part was lower, at 40%, while London Underground said only 31% of the total workforce had actually voted in favour of the action.

So, 77% of the 40% who voted (=30.8%) were in favour.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

KKKlean Energy posted:

The bit in question:

I'm really very glad I never took up stats as a job

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KKKlean Energy posted:

The bit in question:

Which is, I believe, more than double the amount of the UK electorate who voted for the Tories. Bloody tiny minority of extremists causing massive disruption to public services...

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
The gently caress is this thread having a go at the KLF what's wrong with you.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That's the poster near me that got covered. I suggest either:

The aforementioned goatse. Just add the hands (and ring) and trust those in the know to get it.

Just spray 'oval office' on it, and watch the local council paint it over the next day.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if he feels the same about other kinds of elections, like conservative party leader elections, or general elections.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

nuzak posted:

I wonder if he feels the same about other kinds of elections, like conservative party leader elections, or general elections.

Well no because remember The British Public wouldn't understand the Alternative Vote system even though Labour and the Lib Dems both use them to choose their party leaders (Conservatives do some wacky batshit thing where everyone votes again and again until the right chap wins more than half the vote).

Obviously they're totally different and they don't hold the country to ransom and damage valuable public services like those drat nurses or the RMT or the police or the prison service or the fire brigade :clegg:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

glitchkrieg posted:

The gently caress is this thread having a go at the KLF what's wrong with you.

The poor fuckers never got over burning a million quid

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

nuzak posted:

Wouldn't matter with General Elections since they get decent turnouts but most by-elections and local elections would be illegitimate by their dumb logic

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Lord Twisted posted:

drat loving right they need to remove this lovely fees.

Last time I rented I was told there was a mandatory credit check which cost £190. Every agent told me the same thing.

I'm a student. The credit check will come back saying I'm not reliable so I need a guarantor. I could have told them this in two seconds. But no.

Then they proceeded to not deliver the promised furniture until two weeks into the let so we slept in sleeping bags.

Cunts.

Know your rights:

England: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/private_renting/costs_of_renting/letting_agent_fees_and_charges
Scotland: http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/finding_a_place_to_live/renting_privately/letting_agencies
Wales: http://www.sheltercymru.org.uk/get-advice/get-advice-online/finding-a-place-to-live/renting-privately/letting-agencies/

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Because that costs money to do, let alone campaign.

It's £5k to stand as an MEP candidate, ten times more than it costs to stand as an MP. That's why people shouldn't worry about "wasting your vote" if they want to support a smaller party, if they get more than 2.5% of the vote they'll get their deposit back and can spend it on other campaigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Wouldn't matter with General Elections since they get decent turnouts but most by-elections and local elections would be illegitimate by their dumb logic

65% turnout at the last GE which is a pretty high number. 36.4% of the popular vote went to the Tories, meaning that less than a quarter of the voting population asked for them to come in and gently caress poo poo up.

• Locked thread