Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@TonyGrossi
Per @SalPal_ESPN, #Browns have sold 1200 season ticket packages since midnight after the Johnny Manziel draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think Roos is in a contract year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sweeney Tom posted:

@TonyGrossi
Per @SalPal_ESPN, #Browns have sold 1200 season ticket packages since midnight after the Johnny Manziel draft.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

So why did the Titans take a tackle when they have Roos and just gave a pile of money to Oher?

As the official TFF Mock draft Titans rep, I'll field this. Michael Roos is gone soon and Oher isn't a good LT

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Raven's d-line is old, slow, and probably going to get shown up by this idiot.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Kalli posted:

So why did the Titans take a tackle when they have Roos and just gave a pile of money to Oher?

Roos turns 32 this year and is in the final year of his contract.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Who's everyone hoping for in the second?

Anyone of Xavier Sua'Filo, ASJ, Marquise Lee, Stephen Tuitt, or Rashede Hageman would be a-okay for me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Raven's d-line is old, slow, and probably going to get shown up by this idiot.

He is gonna do that to every d-line though

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gatts posted:

I'd also rather have Clowney Evans and Murray but I will take this. I wonder if we go RB or WR as we have a high second.

I think CB in top 10 is not sound but getting JFF at 22 isn't too bad...I bet he'd still be there later though and you had Bridgewater. Still 2 2015 firsts.

Kansas City was going to take Manziel with the next pick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, the Falcons would play the Browns the year they drafted JFF. That's such a Falcons move.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Fussy Dutchman posted:

Zack Martin fuckin' rules, don't worry Cowboys fans. He could probably play 4/5 positions on the OL and hang around the league for 10 years. Every ND coach raves about him.

But I can understand not being excited about OL that aren't like... amazing LT prospects but I think you'll be very happy with him.

gently caress that noise, I love OL. I'd much rather take a solid OL player who has a great chance of working out than reach on a 1st round safety from a group that all had some serious question marks.

Martin was BPA there. Safety would've been a reach on a perceived position of need that may not even be true (Church is good, Wilcox is a 3rd round 2013 draft pick who may still work out), and guys like Donald, Barr, and even Shazier were already off the board.

Clemson
Mar 24, 2012
Im glad to see that Sammy didnt end up in Cleveland or Oakland.

I am okay with the Panthers pick. I thought we might go after an OT but WR is def a need specially with the idiotic decision to part ways with Smith.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Pretty stoked with the Giants pick. Really looking forward to the meat of the draft now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I'm hoping for Louis Nix in the second, and a serviceable cornerback for our comp third.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Welp, Jax sure got their man

quote:

Evan SilvaVerified account
‏@evansilva
ESPN's Britt McHenry reported #Jaguars would have drafted Blake Bortles even if Jadeveon Clowney slipped to them at 3.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

@TonyGrossi

Like, 800 of those packages are probably scalp-er, excuse me, secondary brokers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love draft predictions

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Anyone of Xavier Sua'Filo, ASJ, Marquise Lee, Stephen Tuitt, or Rashede Hageman would be a-okay for me.

For the Browns I'd like either Lee, Sua'Filo, or Nix. The first two are a lot more ideal than Nix, but some people think Nix is that drat good, so if the Browns think that then you have to take talent, especially with WR as deep as it is.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 9, 2014

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm really really happy with the amount of DTs left on the board. The Bears could probably trade down and still get a decent tackle.

I'm hoping for a round 2 and 3 combo of Nix and Reid or Sutton and DaQuan Jones.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

ASJ, Demarcus Lawrence, Marqise Lee/Jordan Matthews/Martavis Bryant

Wouldn't be upset with the UCLA guard either.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Didn't realize until this morning that Minnesota got Bridgewater, very happy they snapped up a QB

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Atticus Finch posted:

One of the picks tonight is gonna be QB.

But I bet there's gonna be a run on QBs tonight so :ohdear:

I don't buy into the Bengals taking a high round developmental QB to push Dalton. They already have Campbell on the roster and seem to like keeping just two QBs. If they take someone it might be a QB they can stick on the practice squad or something.

But I obviously could be wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Anything but a Rutgers player or Quarterback.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Still very unimpressed with the Ford pick. Linebacker was a pure depth need, and we could have taken about a million other good players there. We probably could have pulled off a trade down, too. I've seen a few reports that we got up to five or six calls with an offer. Maybe some of them were for Dee Ford, but I'd rather have the picks than a tweener LB we don't need. The worst part is that it tells me the Chiefs are satisfied with most of their positions of need, when they shouldn't be. It tells me they like AJ Jenkins, they like just having Abdullah as FS, and Walker at DE. It even says their okay with whoever the gently caress at OG.

The worst part is, it tells me that they're going to stick with Alex Smith, which will doom the team for the length of his next contract. We should part ways with him ASAP. We've seen his ceiling and even then he had a million flaws defenses could expose. The pick is a pure luxury pick, and we don't have any room to make such a risky pick. I can't justify it in any way. John Dorsey just doesn't get how the draft works. He has no gauge of value or need or even player quality. The sooner he's gone, the better we'll be.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

The Puppy Bowl posted:

All the WRs.

Alternately, someone who will punch Blackmon in the face anytime there's a drink in his hand.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Allen Robinson/Stephen Tuitt/Jordan Matthews/Marquise Lee in the second please. Some kind of CB in the third, maybe EJ or Phillip Gaines

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

Didn't realize until this morning that Minnesota got Bridgewater, very happy they snapped up a QB

There was more awesome drama in that moment than the entire first round.

Millions of Texans fans suddenly cried out in terror, and we heard that poo poo for the rest of off season. That all came to an end when Clowney and Watt decapitated RG3 trying to run bootleg in Reliant Stadium.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

Still very unimpressed with the Ford pick. Linebacker was a pure depth need, and we could have taken about a million other good players there. We probably could have pulled off a trade down, too. I've seen a few reports that we got up to five or six calls with an offer. Maybe some of them were for Dee Ford, but I'd rather have the picks than a tweener LB we don't need. The worst part is that it tells me the Chiefs are satisfied with most of their positions of need, when they shouldn't be. It tells me they like AJ Jenkins, they like just having Abdullah as FS, and Walker at DE. It even says their okay with whoever the gently caress at OG.

The worst part is, it tells me that they're going to stick with Alex Smith, which will doom the team for the length of his next contract. We should part ways with him ASAP. We've seen his ceiling and even then he had a million flaws defenses could expose. The pick is a pure luxury pick, and we don't have any room to make such a risky pick. I can't justify it in any way. John Dorsey just doesn't get how the draft works. He has no gauge of value or need or even player quality. The sooner he's gone, the better we'll be.

I'm drat certain the Falcons were frantically calling trying to get this pick, so they could take Dee Ford.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I didn't realize so many of you were this high on Jordan Matthews. I'm hoping he lands in Baltimore in the third.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I'm drat certain the Falcons were frantically calling trying to get this pick, so they could take Dee Ford.

Which would have been a nice, meaty trade up with quite a few picks involved. Did we do it? No. Fire John Dorsey.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Marqise Lee for the Browns.

Should have gone in the first, I'd be really excited to get him at 35 to add to the haul we've already got.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ok fellow chiefs fans would any of these guys be good for our 3rd round pick? I didn't follow the draft super closely this year so anything you got would be cool.

Jarvis Landry
Paul Richardson
Bruce Ellington
Terrence Brooks
Gabe Jackson
Trai Turner

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Would like Kyle Van Noy for Detroit, but they'll probably take Marqise Lee or Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

axeil posted:

I still can't believe the Browns gave us a third rounder to move up 4 spots. That's a monster steal for the Eagles. I also can't believe the Bills gave up a first rounder next year to move up to 4 and take a WR of all things.

Kinda meh on the pick but now we can trade Brandon Graham if we want to and OLB should be set for a while. Hoping we grab a WR today.

Id rather have Ford or Dennard or Varett than an extra third. Or trade up two spots for Dix. Or anything else really that did not involve reaching for Smith. Where's that SalPal quote?

Smith was an awful pick. Ugh

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Anything but a Rutgers player or Quarterback.

I'd be happy with TE, WR, OL, more DL or S, and nothing from Rutgers, so pretty much this, yeah.

Wait, is there a... Rutgers quarterback out there? :stonklol:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

ok fellow chiefs fans would any of these guys be good for our 3rd round pick? I didn't follow the draft super closely this year so anything you got would be cool.

Jarvis Landry
Paul Richardson
Bruce Ellington
Terrence Brooks
Gabe Jackson
Trai Turner

These are all actually pretty good and would fit a need. I expect to pass on all of these guys

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Tom Savage :getin:

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

He's a Schiano Man, no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Lions loving suck

• Locked thread