Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Real big mess. But come on, you already knew that.

I'm holding out faint hope that they really do just make him sit and learn the entire season, instead of feeling 'pressured' to play him just because he was the #3 selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Doltos posted:

Hey I'm back! Who is ready for truth bombs about their prospects? I'll drop foamy loads of information on all of your faces

The Browns.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Draw us the box-and-whisker plot of Eric Ebron future careers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DangerKat posted:

Overall, I'm very pleased that they walked away from the first round addressing their two highest needs. I doubt they'll trade back into the 2nd but I sure would love it if they did so for Lee.

Why? You already have Jennings and Patterson. If anything you need a redzone threat to pair with Kyle Rudolph.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doltos,
Would you say Calvin Pryor is more Earthshaker or Slardar?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Players in green room still

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

Out of all them I could see Garoppolo and Kouandjio waiting a good long while

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Also, a very big thank you to the Vikings for keeping the Texans from getting both Clowney and Bridgewater.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I liked their trade backs but the trade up for Gilbert was confusing. I don't think they had any chance of the Vikings taking him or trading the pick to another team.

Manziel is Manziel. He'll sell tickets, he might even be really good too. Pairing him with Gordon and Cameron is smart, and I believe they'll be targeting O-line or HB with their next selection.

Ozu posted:

Doltos,
Would you say Calvin Pryor is more Earthshaker or Slardar?

Sniper, because he's always headhunting.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Doltos, who is the best edge rusher and safety left in your eyes?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

Did Morgan Moses go home?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

I wanted them to land Bridgewater really badly but the prospect of the Texans taking another Carr is hilarious. Top QBs left are Carr, McCarron, Mettenberger, Savage, and Garoppolo in that order.

Clowney isn't a can't miss prospect but I sure hope he devastates with Watt. You guys should take Louis Nix next.

Best possible pick you can make in that situation. Your team is nothing but UDFAs and third day picks, so going BPA no matter what is how you turn a franchise around.

I agree. Take Nix and Murder the Borts.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blitz7x posted:

Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

With the WR depth of this class I could see one of Matthews and Latimer sitting till the third. If the Ravens take Kouandjio in the second I'm a Vikings fan this year.

VVV That makes sense.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why? You already have Jennings and Patterson. If anything you need a redzone threat to pair with Kyle Rudolph.

Jennings is in his 30s and it'd be great to have talent insurance given the team designed his contract to be cutable after this year.

Clemson
Mar 24, 2012

Doltos posted:

Sniper, because he's always headhunting.

I would describe sniper as short annoying and afraid of contact

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

xeria posted:

I'm holding out faint hope that they really do just make him sit and learn the entire season, instead of feeling 'pressured' to play him just because he was the #3 selection.

This idea that rookie QB's need to "sit and learn" especially on teams with no established starters is just silly common wisdom. The way they learn faster is by playing and if a kid is going to be "ruined" by rookie struggles than he isn't going to be a good QB anyway.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shath Hole posted:

Doltos, who is the best edge rusher and safety left in your eyes?

Ealy - Crichton - Jeffcoat - Murphy in that order

Not a lot of good safeties, they're all getting slotted around the 3rd+ rounds. People were talking about turning Jean-Baptiste into a SS though.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

I'm not crazy about the pick. Our new OC probably wanted ODB because he's a Greg Jennings type. I think there are so many good WRs in this draft that we reached too early when we could really use help with Aaron Donald or Zack Martin.

Well you hated the Hakeem Nicks pick so I'm just going to assume ODB owns now

the question I have is -is he a good route runner? After Randle and Manningham vs Cruz and Steve Smith it's clear Eli loves players who will be where they are supposed to be, even if this new offense isn't quite the same.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 9, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Why is Garrapolo last in your list?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

As someone without any sort of rooting interest in the AFCN, it's cool that the Browns took JFF because in can either enjoy watching him crash, burn, and get murdered by angry defenses all year, or I can watch him do cool things for a team that has been miserable for the entirety of my accessible consciousness.

I guess what I am saying is yay football.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think it depends on what they want to develop. I really don't think Aaron Rodgers would have panned out if he were thrust into the starting spot while still un-Tedfording his mechanics.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You can ease a guy along by using simple concepts, not asking him to do over much while starting him. Just look at Joe Flacco, Russel Wilson, or most other successful QBs over the past 7 years.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doltos drop a load on the bucs and the giants

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

xeria posted:

Also, a very big thank you to the Vikings for keeping the Texans from getting both Clowney and Bridgewater.

Yes, thank you Vikings for taking a player that the Texans apparently did not want. :v:

PrinceRandom posted:

Why is Garrapolo last in your list?

Why is McCarron third?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DangerKat posted:

Jennings is in his 30s and it'd be great to have talent insurance given the team designed his contract to be cutable after this year.

Cordarelle Patterson is going to be such a stud in the NFL. Hopkins is great and all...but man, he's got Randy Moss level of potential.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nah. Patterson is great but he's more the perfect replacement for Harvin than he is anything like Moss.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'd almost say Harvin is his floor at this point. I agree he's more like Harvin right now but if he develops his route running a little more he could get pretty drat close to Moss.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Wait we really are treating Daltos as an expert :Wee-Beystare.gif:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

Well you hated the Hakeem Nicks pick so I'm just going to assume ODB owns now

the question I have is -is he a good route runner? After Randle and Manningham vs Cruz and Steve Smith it's clear Eli loves players who will be where they are supposed to be, even if this new offense isn't quite the same.

Turns out I was eventually right about nicks :v:

ODB is route running ready. Great hands, at least with circus catches. My issue is I'm not sure if he can create separation since he's only an above average athlete.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Doltos drop a load on the bucs and the giants

Covered ODB but I really wanted Evans. NFL ready body, kind of slow in game, might not be able to get a lot of separation but doesn't need to with how huge he is. Jon Baldwin type. That's not an insult, Baldwin was supposed to be pretty great when he came out. Thought you guys were for sure going Manziel or some other QB for Tedford to strangle to death.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Rap posted:

What a hosed up world we live in

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

Jealousy is not a pretty color on you Rappo

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

mcmagic posted:

This idea that rookie QB's need to "sit and learn" especially on teams with no established starters is just silly common wisdom. The way they learn faster is by playing and if a kid is going to be "ruined" by rookie struggles than he isn't going to be a good QB anyway.

If his mechanics are dicey at best, then yes, I think he needs to 'sit' and un-gently caress those before he has to face Watt/Clowney-like pressure in his face twice a year. As long as Henne isn't Schaub-ing out 1+ pick-sixes per game, I don't think Bradley and Caldwell are (or should be) under any pressure to get Bortles in ASAP.

Gabbert was probably never going to be good, but insisting on playing him over Henne through torn labrums and broken fingers on top of just being generally Not Ready pretty well sealed the deal on him never being more than a McCown.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Rap posted:

I dunno I figured if I got him talking about Michael Sam he'd say something dumb and be probated again by now or hilarity would ensue.

Unrelated, but Dave Gettleman doesn't take too kindly to all of the talk of Benjamin having the dropsies.

quote:

"This guy has unusual ball skills,'' Gettleman said. "He has what we call a very big strike zone. One of the things that I have done with the scouts is, ‘Does he make catches when he is pressured?’

"You are going to be pressured in this league, I don’t care who you are. That was a big point of emphasis as we worked our way down through the list. Kelvin consistently made catches when he was pressured.''

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Doltos, how should I feel about the Patriots taking Dominique Easley at 29? Is this gonna be another Tavon Wilson situation?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Browns gonna be my AFC team this year let's go!!!!!!!!!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Yep, no pressure there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Instead of just looking at the drop rate you should look at the game reels and determine WHY his drop rate is that high, and then you'll have a better understanding of why he sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It just dawned on me that Hageman was not drafted in the first round and that makes me kind of sad :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rap posted:

and y'all wonder why i'm always mad about the current state of the forum

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Poor leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU