Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh, do they do tile puzzles in those? I'm sorry I was unaware.

Yeah, it's pretty new. Those inbred dogs are pretty smart.

To clarify, I hardly use Amie. I'm just joking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

Pokemon are all lines of code anyway

All I see now is Pikachu, Eevee, Vulpix.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ignite Memories posted:

*Opens eyes after being connected to a TM*

I know Flamethrower.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's pretty new. Those inbred dogs are pretty smart.

To clarify, I hardly use Amie. I'm just joking around.

I know, the tile thing was a joke.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Amie is a nice proof-of-concept that could stand expansion like different kinds of food that different Pokemon will like, having toys to play with, etc etc.

So obviously Gamfreak will just drop it and never bring it up again.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The list of Pokemon features that are a big or at least medium-size deal in one pair of games and then vanish in the next release is pretty long when you come right down to it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

StandardVC10 posted:

The list of Pokemon features that are a big or at least medium-size deal in one pair of games and then vanish in the next release is pretty long when you come right down to it.

I dunno, it seems like most of what dropped was on the outside in the first place. Secret bases, minigames, and Pokemon walking with you had no in-battle effect (or even cosmetic effect, other than the Hollywood star status), but Amie does have a pretty sizeable effect. I think it might stick around.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm sure Amie will make a comeback for that one detective game with the mocapped Pikachu.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
OH poo poo if they are remaking Gen3 I just realized that means the TRICK HOUSE will be back! :neckbeard:

Hot drat I loved that place.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Aren't we all just lines of a DNA code, man!:420:

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

StandardVC10 posted:

OH poo poo if they are remaking Gen3 I just realized that means the TRICK HOUSE will be back! :neckbeard:

I farmed that place for hours. I hope they'll make it a daily thing so you can come back after you've beaten it. It would fit in with the current trend.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Aww yeah, my favourite gen of Pokemon. Catch me a Shroomish, Sableye, Aron, Makuhita...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ignite Memories posted:

God I SO wanted to make that joke. I'm just glad that someone got to it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
All of you better be packing Aggrons in your endgame team.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pureauthor posted:

All of you better be packing Aggrons in your endgame team.

Salamence :colbert:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Dienes posted:

That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Dive contests :getin:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Aww yeah, my favourite gen of Pokemon. Catch me a Shroomish, Sableye, Aron, Makuhita...

Oh my god, I can't believe I never caught a Shroomish in the originals. Time to make up for lost shroom-kangaroo action!

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cernunnos posted:

Sky Battles can go though. I've never liked my battles to have restrictions on what Pokemon I can use.
That's disappointing for a Sky Trainer like me...

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Digimon. :downs:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Contest metagame :getin:

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
My dumb kitty cat team beat a dumb OU team! Unreasonably proud of it even though I would have been demolished if they had played properly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-118097292

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
So apparently, we're getting first gameplay footage from ORAS on Pokemon Sunday in about 36 hours.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Austrian mook posted:

Blasphemy.

In other news, the fact that Mega-Gyarados has no good moves that benefit from STAB Dark infuriates me to no end.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm glad that ORAS became a thing so comfortably and quickly.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

MinistryofLard posted:

Blasphemy.

In other news, the fact that Mega-Gyarados has no good moves that benefit from STAB Dark infuriates me to no end.

Really surprised it learns bite, but not crunch.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

How Ingratiating! posted:

The best part of Amie is holding the Pokepuff above their heads and seeing which Pokemon swipe at it.

What I liked about Pokémon Amie was all the little variety touches they put in that you wouldn't even notice depending on your team. Like being able to cut yourself on Ferrothorn's spikes, Shedinja not being able to eat and Gulpin/Swalot eating cupcakes in one bite. :3:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

MinistryofLard posted:

Blasphemy.

Payback too if you can make that work.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd say I was surprised by that they were remaking these games but it was pretty obvious. Still excited though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVV44BA968

Hurrah for trumpets!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

StandardVC10 posted:

I was so disappointed the first time I finished it and realized there would be no more tricks. Easily one of my favourite parts of RS.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Amie is a nice proof-of-concept that could stand expansion like different kinds of food that different Pokemon will like, having toys to play with, etc etc.

So obviously Gamfreak will just drop it and never bring it up again.
Oh, is that not already in there? I always assumed the different colours of Pokepuffs meant different flavours.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Quantum Toast posted:

Oh, is that not already in there? I always assumed the different colours of Pokepuffs meant different flavours.

They do, but there's no mechanical difference; all Pokemon like all Pokepuffs equally in regards to flavor. The only difference is in the rank/fanciness of the puff.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

JordanKai posted:

What I liked about Pokémon Amie was all the little variety touches they put in that you wouldn't even notice depending on your team. Like being able to cut yourself on Ferrothorn's spikes, Shedinja not being able to eat and Gulpin/Swalot eating cupcakes in one bite. :3:

I like that Golett eats with it's tummy and that ice types freeze your hand.

You can even smile at your pokemon, assuming the 3ds camera can pick up your face.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

JordanKai posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how some like Honedge actually manage to eat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like that Golett eats with it's tummy and that ice types freeze your hand.

You can even smile at your pokemon, assuming the 3ds camera can pick up your face.

Poor Slugma always burns your hand off though.

:(

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Manatee Cannon posted:

The game is easy enough as it is and you get the ridiculous exp share to boot.

The Aime EXP boost is more about lessening the grind for getting your Pokemon up to lvl 50 for competitions.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
*opens Pokémon amie* Holy crap, can you please turn back into Joltik! :stonk:

Austrian mook posted:

Can we cut you?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zore posted:

Poor Slugma always burns your hand off though.

:(

It would be cool if you could pet the dangerous pokemon, once you've gotten their hearts past a certain point. Like how Ash could ride Ponyta once it fully trusted him.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Can we cut you?

Only if you know HM01 and have beaten the first gym

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Been a while since I shared a replay. Things I learned today: Breloom is still pretty awesome.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-118267280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nessa posted:

It would be cool if you could pet the dangerous pokemon, once you've gotten their hearts past a certain point. Like how Ash could ride Ponyta once it fully trusted him.

Slugma can't stop being a pile of magma.

He will be forever unloved. Poor slugma, doomed from birth, he can't even find appreciation in amie :smith:

• Locked thread