Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Unlike pirated copies, this English version will meet strict U.S. standards on depiction of violence, discrimination and sexual images, opening the possibility of bringing it to other English-speaking markets as well.

:crossarms: ..What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Yes I seriously question soundness of their decision to add violence to doraemon

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
In other words, they're gonna give it the 4kids Treatment. Can't have our impressionable youth exposed to the existence of rice balls.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They should have Jean Reno play Doraemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGFemrtv7-M

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

They should have Jean Reno play Doraemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGFemrtv7-M

Holy poo poo I had no idea this was a thing. That is amazing :allears:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

My childhood is screaming in delight right now. This is what I always wanted~

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I was going to say, what could possibly be censored from Doraemon? But I guess there's some stuff that's too :anime: for the US.

Unless pirated copies were just splicing in clips from Audition every couple of episodes???

aers
Feb 15, 2012

HellCopter posted:

:confuoot: I guess it's whimsical enough. Isn't it a bit odd to bring over a 40-year-old series, though? Are they gonna start from the beginning?

They'd probably just use the anime that started in 2005.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Subs for the GJ-bu special popped up earlier today.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Time of Eve finally updated(Backers only) after being silent for a while. The English dub is almost done, but they had put a robot filter over the voices of the androids. The producers didn't like it, so they sent it back to be removed. It sounds pretty good from what they have so far.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

The English dub is almost done, but they had put a robot filter over the voices of the androids.

Way to miss the point. :psyduck:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah, that is moronic. I thought Yoshiura's email was very diplomatic, though. The whole project seems kind of amateurish, but I'm still looking forward to the end product.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Episode 6 of Akuma no Riddle was pretty :tviv:, and here I was ribbing on it for being show about assassins where no-one died. Someone make a thread, I'm too lazy.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Episode 6 of Akuma no Riddle was pretty :tviv:, and here I was ribbing on it for being show about assassins where no-one died. Someone make a thread, I'm too lazy.

I might do it when I get home from work if no one has one up by then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought it was silly how the main character was a famous assassin who had never killed anyone and then continued to not kill people as the show went on. All of the other assassins were varying degrees of ruthless and bloodthirsty. Even the class rep was perfectly willing to kill in spite of her crippling incompetence. I have not seen the latest episode yet, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I thought it was silly how the main character was a famous assassin who had never killed anyone and then continued to not kill people as the show went on. All of the other assassins were varying degrees of ruthless and bloodthirsty. Even the class rep was perfectly willing to kill in spite of her crippling incompetence. I have not seen the latest episode yet, though.

She's from a famous family. She herself is a rookie who's still having problems with the whole killing-people thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

She's from a famous family. She herself is a rookie who's still having problems with the whole killing-people thing.

Also it's kind of a plot point that she's from a disgraced branch of the family because her mother didn't want her to be an assassin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Happy Piccolo Day, ADTRW!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Happy Piccolo Day, ADTRW!

And Kami bless us, everyone! :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Actual footage of ufotable's Saber vs Lancer.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

They better have the game soundtrack in the anime one way or another. There's a lot of memorable ost in the VN

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I was planning to last week then I forgot. I would do it right now if I wasn't freaking the gently caress out about something else, but if my brain isn't dead by tonight I'll do it then.

e:
Having expected it to look amazing, it still blows away my expectations.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 9, 2014

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...and then I randomly decided to make the Akuma no Riddle thread myself. ^^;

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

HellCopter posted:

I was going to say, what could possibly be censored from Doraemon?

The recurring joke about Shizuka getting interrupted in the bath.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Deen:

ufotable:

arhra
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Deen:

ufotable:

Let's face it though, doing better than DEEN isn't exactly hard.

Even Silver Link managed to make them look bad with their silly magical girl spinoff.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

arhra posted:

Even Silver Link managed to make them look bad with their silly magical girl spinoff.

To be fair, the best parts of the silly magical girl spinoff were the fights.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

arhra posted:

Wait...is that Fate/Sword Dancer(or whatever it was) with Ilya as Archer?
There was an anime about that doujin!?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Its from Fate/Kaleid Liner or however that was spelled. It aired a couple seasons back, pretty sure its in Crunchy's library.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

It's Fate/Kaleid Liner Prima Ilya, the magical girl show from a few seasons back.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blhue posted:

Subs for the GJ-bu special popped up earlier today.

This kinda slipped under the radar what with fate/stay night discussion but GJ-bu@ is a good, solid special episode. Whilst not essential viewing for anyone who enjoyed GJ-bu, it's a rare special episode in that it actually adds to the ending we got in the season. Also I laughed at the burg action.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Postal Parcel posted:

Sadly Fate/Kaleid Liner is a totally different thing. That one fight scene was super good, but the rest of the series was mediocre at best. It apparently did well enough to get a second season, though.

On a completely unrelated note, is there interest in a Kan Colle/Kantai Collection thread? It's pretty quickly occupying the same status as Touhou in Japan, and that's got a thread here already. It's also got like three or four manga series, and an anime coming this summer, I think?

I guess I'm only hesitant because a mechanic of the original game is that characters' clothing gets torn as they take damage. :rolleyes:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Bakanogami posted:

Sadly Fate/Kaleid Liner is a totally different thing. That one fight scene was super good, but the rest of the series was mediocre at best. It apparently did well enough to get a second season, though.

On a completely unrelated note, is there interest in a Kan Colle/Kantai Collection thread? It's pretty quickly occupying the same status as Touhou in Japan, and that's got a thread here already. It's also got like three or four manga series, and an anime coming this summer, I think?

I guess I'm only hesitant because a mechanic of the original game is that characters' clothing gets torn as they take damage. :rolleyes:

I don't have any interesting in reading any of the manga or anything but I'd probably at least check out the OP just out of curiosity so I know what the heck this whole thing is even about. Like you said it's getting pretty popular so I see a lot but got no idea what it is other than some kind of really popular card thing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know what Strike Witches did for WWII aces and fighter planes? KanCole kinda does the same thing for battleships.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

You know what Strike Witches did for WWII aces and fighter planes? KanCole kinda does the same thing for battleships.

Pretty much this. The moderate success of Strike Witches and strong success of Girls und Panzer has left the message among production companies that WWII military stuff + Moe girls = guaranteed hits, and Kan Colle is backing it up.

Basically it's just a low-budget browser game DMM.com put up a year ago and had it succeed beyond their expectations. As a game it's...okay, I guess? Kind of like the "catch em all" element of Pokemon, the raising mechanics of Puzzles and Dragons, mixed with lightweight non-interactive combat. I gather it was somewhat revolutionary over there though, as a F2P game that didn't actually require tons of money to be put into it to do well. (unlike Idolmaster's mobile game and a lot of Puzzle and Dragon-likes)

Anyway, it's hit the same niche that Touhou did, having a cast of 100+ characters that are only loosely characterized in the original game, letting doujin creators create their own memes and stories. The big difference is that it's owned by Kadokawa instead of being one guy's doujin project, so they're pushing to milk the money out of it in every media.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

If you want to know what Kancolle is, type the name of basically any major Japanese ship from WW2 into Google (not Google Images, just Google) and then laugh (or possibly cry).

Except Shimakaze, don't do Shimakaze.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

aers posted:

If you want to know what Kancolle is, type the name of basically any major Japanese ship from WW2 into Google (not Google Images, just Google) and then laugh (or possibly cry).

Except Shimakaze, don't do Shimakaze.

'Lest you be put on an FBI watchlist'.

I feel that this is important information that you failed to specify.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here's some information on the changes made for Doraemon's dub.

IT'S LITERALLY 4KIDS

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
, and a first-aid kit has been replaced by pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

quote:

Om-rice (Omelet with rice) is now pancakes

gently caress, I was just kidding about the riceballs!

• Locked thread