Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Quick reminder that we've got a Dead Content field trip tomorrow shortly after reset. We're hitting up the Ranging Guild and the Temple of Ivko. If we have enough time, we'll visit Mordred's castle and the Sorcerer's Tower.

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics.
Anyone here use SwiftKit Mobile for Android? My job's getting everyone a Chromebook :flaccid: Might as well use it for something. Any feedback you have would be great.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
So this first trip of this season of Dead Content Field trips got around a dozen goons, and we had a pretty good time ripping on everything and looking at some overlooked areas. Here's legal photographic proof!

http://imgur.com/a/n9Vb4#JlAG4Jl

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is botting back? gently caress Agility and Fletching.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Is anyone else having issues with connecting? Not only will my client not load, but my browser can't even find the runescape.com website ... Is it down for everyone else or just myself?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Surmoon posted:

Is anyone else having issues with connecting? Not only will my client not load, but my browser can't even find the runescape.com website ... Is it down for everyone else or just myself?

I'm able to go on runescape.com. :shrug: So it might be on your end?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

quote:

From May BTS
Ninja Dungeoneering

Some free-to-play, some members-only; batch of Dungeoneering updates.

Determined to release the most updates in a single month, the Ninja Team have set their sights on Dungeoneering.

There's a new resource dungeon, a new slayer task, the ability to pay tokens to skip floors, a new chaotic weapon, a gem bag upgrade, new pets themed after Dungeoneering creatures, more skill scrolls, an item collector in the same vein as the bonecrusher, and dozens of nips, tucks and improvements for your day-to-day delving into Daemonheim. Phew!

These changes have all come from your ideas on the forums, Reddit and other social networks, so please do keep them coming. If the ninjas are happy and busy, they're not sharpening their blades and looking our way...

This is the only thing I really care about, the new slayer monster is going to be edimmu (90 slayer req). It was easily the most suggested idea in the suggestion thread for resource dungeon idea's along with a blood necklace outside of dung. Actually pretty excited about this.

Also the ability to pay coins to skip floors is HUGE. This cuts out at least 30 hours of lower rushes on the way to 120.

The item collector is more than likely going to be a coin/junk item pick up which will admittedly have it's uses.

I'm still waiting on my new clue scroll items though jagex :colbert:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Considering it's 'in the same vein as bonecrusher', I think it's more a 'destroy junk items'.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot about what is probably the most insane person ever. CompletionistCrash who's streaming on Twitch. Let me just quote it at you.

quote:

The "Completionist Challenge" is something I just started. As I neared my 10 year cape on my main RuneScape account I decided to undergo a new challenge.

On April 16, 2014 I created a new account with the goal of going from brand new player to having a trimmed completionist cape.

Talking with the stream we have decided to go in the following order:

First main goal is to get 99 Slayer for the untrimmed cape. (We will then keepsake it.)

After this we will raise our stats to 97-98 with the exception of Constitution because it will go to 99 on its own. While doing this we will also raise our Dungeoneering to close to 120. On top of this we will complete the rest of our requirements for the first part of the Completionist Cape. This way if we set it up right we can in one day get all the rest of our 99's/120 and the first part of the Completionist Cape.

Followed by grinding for our trimmed cape while earning the 104M exp in all skills to get our Master Capes.

Lastly we will get 200M exp in all of our skills.

Bolding some of the outright insanity.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 2, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I would sooner eat a bucket of poo poo than attempt what that guy is doing.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd watch that if you streamed it on Twitch

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It looks like he's already burned out, according to a tweet, about 20 hours ago:

quote:

Started this challenge 2 weeks ago. So far I put in 5 days 16 hours. I think this may be why I feel bad. Taking a break today.
A quick glance at his stream came up with this stream recording from 8 hours ago.

Almost seven hours of streaming. At the end it looks like his highest is slayer at 62. His lowest is hunter/runecrafting/divination at 30.

I'm not going through that entire thing to find anything interesting in it, besides the obvious 'this is the skill levels at the end'.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kgummy posted:

It looks like he's already burned out, according to a tweet, about 20 hours ago:

A quick glance at his stream came up with this stream recording from 8 hours ago.

Almost seven hours of streaming. At the end it looks like his highest is slayer at 62. His lowest is hunter/runecrafting/divination at 30.

I'm not going through that entire thing to find anything interesting in it, besides the obvious 'this is the skill levels at the end'.

This is my shocked face: :geno:

In not insane news, anyone interested in getting together to knock out different road trip tasks? More specifically heist, castle wars, facepunch... Things like that.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
For goons interested in making a quick buck - portable locations are selling for a significant amount of money on World 2. Conner and I made millions last night merching poo poo.

It's funny, because they don't really save that much time.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Poonerman posted:

For goons interested in making a quick buck - portable locations are selling for a significant amount of money on World 2. Conner and I made millions last night merching poo poo.

They're bloody awful and I just sold 20 wells for 1 million on W2, go sell them and walk that extra 2 seconds to a bonfire with your pockets full of dosh.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Each one lasts for five loving minutes. Thanks for the million, I guess?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This is my shocked face: :geno:

In not insane news, anyone interested in getting together to knock out different road trip tasks? More specifically heist, castle wars, facepunch... Things like that.

I'm up for stuff, Kiyroh in game.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Abyssal Wand drop :whatup:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I haven't posted content in a while! First up:

Maybe I can ask her to do podcasts about how great my pizzas are??

As for Slayer weekend, I did my Queen Black Dragon task and it was glorious. Then with about 11 kills left I died a stupid death, got mad and finished up with King Black Dragon instead.

Oh hey, not bad, a kill with one shark only.

Wow, I actually did it no food! That was just lucky though-

:stare:

I didn't really NEED the shark but if the four tormented souls appear, I eat to be safe.

So I can now say I can kill Queen Black Dragon with no food. Granted it's on a Slayer task but still. I should probably add royal crossbow forging to my bank cleaning services.

Also great about the double points:

540 points for one task. :hellyeah:

K G
Nov 7, 2012

it is hard to read this lol

Poonerman posted:

Only one I see any use for really is the portable forge. Smithing something like Adamant Platebodies on a portable forge 2 steps away from a bank could be neat.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you see a call for mods doing stamps, stand on the edge of the crowd. I've been doing it and moving if someone is standing in my square and both times I've done it I've gotten a stamp in under ten minutes. Standing in the pub pile can take hours.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
My brother gave me his account with around level 60 average skills on each item. Anyone around to help a newbie out? Looks like he has decentish gear, totally not sure.

Name is xynaz4

edit: I played long ago and I have no idea whats going on this is totally different. No idea where to even start

Primaris fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 6, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Primaris posted:

My brother gave me his account with around level 60 average skills on each item. Anyone around to help a newbie out? Looks like he has decentish gear, totally not sure.

Name is xynaz4

edit: I played long ago and I have no idea whats going on this is totally different. No idea where to even start

Quest log, filter: yes; train Dungeoneering.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alright everybody, we're having our next Dead Content Field Trip to The Wilderness on Wednesday (tomorrow) shortly after reset, so in roughly 30 hours. Wear welfare gear or nothing at all, and get ready for a saunter around this game's empty PVP zone.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So the stupid things Jagex does to try and be clever came up in chat.

quote:

Q: Why do we get individual books? Can't they all be forged into one to save valuable bank space?
Mod Jack: I don’t think the book interface would handle 7500 words very well. They can be freely reclaimed from the POH at any time though so there’s no need to hang on to them.
That's right, the miniquest that requires you to get 7500 memories, gives you 7500 words.

I can't for the life of me find the crystal tree information, so I'll just have to quote myself talking about it. Here's the relevant bit:

Kgummy posted:

And apparently there was a reason why level 94 was chosen for crystal trees. Mod Nexus apparently chose it for the letters in 'Prifddinas', with the simple a=1 substitution thing, and added them all up. But he misspelled it. And was bad at math, getting '100' instead of '102' on the misspelling of 'Priffdinas'.

Can't really blame him for the misspelling, since apparently even the official wiki/game itself doesn't know how to spell it.

But really, what more can you expect from Jagex?

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
This guide fixed all of my frame rate and random black out issues!

You basically:
1. Uninstall the RS Client
2. Delete all of the residual data that Jagex left on your computer (I had over 360 MB of poo poo to delete!)
3. Re-install the RS Client
4. Change a few things in the Preferences file.

I went from running on medium settings to highest detail possible and my frame rate is better than before.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dr. Mix posted:

This guide fixed all of my frame rate and random black out issues!

You basically:
1. Uninstall the RS Client
2. Delete all of the residual data that Jagex left on your computer (I had over 360 MB of poo poo to delete!)

This is good advice. I won't take it, but its still good advice.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So, I saw this clan avatar out in the wild.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
There was a duck in the Falador park that was named "Erin", after a streamer. Apparently this was a massive issue that called for huge outcry and Jagex posts on the 2007scape subreddit.

The reason it was a problem:

quote:

That isn't the issue that /u/Optimaster is referring to. The issue is that renaming the duck is a sign indicating that the mods can and will change content based on their own preferences rather than on what players wanted. This issue and situation is all too familiar to players who have been in private servers (of any game) where the admins/mods are usually corrupt and end up killing the game due to not listening to what all players want. It usually does start with small things like renaming useless NPCs or small items, but it always escalates when nothing is done to stop it.

:spergin:

So much anger over a loving duck. I thought they renamed one of the gods or something

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I read that the issue some folks are having with the change is more due to Mod Reach naming it after some runescape streamer on twitch he was flirting with.

:allears: Your coding skills are so dreamy, Mod Reach :allears:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Kgummy posted:

So, I saw this clan avatar out in the wild.

A glorious clan.

Soulhunter posted:

I read that the issue some folks are having with the change is more due to Mod Reach naming it after some runescape streamer on twitch he was flirting with.

Of all the things he could've named her (?) after, it just had to be a duck.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Considering that the majority of Runescape users appear to consider the Evolution of Combat to have been a bad choice, I'm not too worried if the mods decide they don't want to consider what the users want anymore.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It all starts with a duck named Erin...
Then a door will be named Erin...
Then a key will be named Reach...
Then players will be forced to "Insert Reach into Erin" for a quest...
:supaburn: When will the madness end??? :supaburn:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Soulhunter posted:

A few people are saying that, seems like most are angry because he didn't consult the playerbase first and make a big poll to change the name of a duck in an area that barely anyone visits except to do the white knight quests.

It could lead to the game dying don't you know?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If there is anything the playerbase hates it's their "perfect" game being "marred" by "lovely updates" aka silly easter eggs or good modernization of an old rear end-loving game :arghfist::downs:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

quote:

We've made another batch of updates to the RuneScape Combat Beta, based on your feedback and gameplay on the beta servers.

Log into the Combat Beta right away to put these changes through their paces, or read on for full details!

There were three stand-out changes from your feedback that have been brought into effect today:

Life point bonuses have been removed from the majority of armours – apart from Nex sets and upwards.
Critical chance has been removed, in place of strength bonuses that will increase your max hit.
Special attack hit chance now scales with your levels.

We've also brought in a batch of changes to abilities:

Quake now deals 188% weapon damage and the debuff is more effective.
Havoc now drops enemy prayer and deals up to 125% weapon damage, has a cooldown of 10 seconds and shares that cooldown with Smash.
Havoc and Decimate no longer share a cooldown.
Wild Magic now deals 40-188% weapon damage with each attack.
Slaughter now hits five times.
Deadshot and Massacre’s damage-over-time effects now deal 313% weapon damage.
Interrupt abilities now always deal up to 100% weapon damage, irrespective of whether your target is stunned.
Stun abilities now always deal up to 200% weapon damage, irrespective of whether your target is stunned.
Stun immunity no longer affects the damage dealt by interrupt/stun abilities.

Last but not least, here's a list of smaller, more specific changes that we've made today:

Scaled healing based on Constitution level has been removed from food.
Food now triggers a global cooldown, and no longer drains adrenaline in PvE.
Resonance’s healing now scales with the level of shield equipped.
Bakriminel bolts' focus can be changed during combat.
Poison now takes off-hand weapons into account when dealing damage.
Adrenaline bars will now show again in PvP.
The abyssal whip special attack now drains 100% run energy.
Poisoning the dark energy core at the Corporeal Beast will slow it down.
A combat level restriction of plus or minus 40 combat levels has been added to Bounty Hunter.

Make up your mind Jagex, geez.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hey dopes, get cracking on Citadel or feel the swift fury of Flex's biceps.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I wish their patchnotes listed the old stuff for the ability as well as the new stuff

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
-Fixed issue where combat was kind of fun and interesting

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That pretty much describes the update in one handy sentence.

Also:

Poonerman posted:

Hey dopes, get cracking on Citadel or feel the swift fury of Flex's biceps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Themata posted:

Make up your mind Jagex, geez.

The whole point of the Combat Beta is to try dumb bullshit like this with real players but without loving up the main game.

• Locked thread