Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I finally made it to Aldia's Keep with my sunbro which allowed me to complete my spaceman costume.

Hopefully I can still get summoned at 1.5 sm. I could always go to NG+ but I have no idea if jolly cooperation is still relied on there.

Mystic Mongol posted:

You don't say. Well, go try to kill some cops with them and tell me how it goes.

Fun killing blue boys with their avelyn's and sunlight spears should hardly be used to judge a weapons quality. That said, not being able to become a wall with those shields is pretty lovely.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Internet Kraken posted:

I finally made it to Aldia's Keep with my sunbro which allowed me to complete my spaceman costume.

Hopefully I can still get summoned at 1.5 sm. I could always go to NG+ but I have no idea if jolly cooperation is still relied on there.

It's not as fast but in NG+ I've had no real problems summoning/being summoned.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

turtlecrunch posted:

Curious as to what the "two lost lands" being referred to here are.

Alken and Venn. You mostly hear it from the Bell Keepers. They're marionettes created by them to defend the bell towers that were constructed to symbolize their love.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I got most of my sun medals in ng+ on Flexile Sentry and there were still summon signs outside most boss gates. I don't know that it's as active but people are still on the lookout for help.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

You don't say. Well, go try to kill some cops with them and tell me how it goes.

Hey I AM a cop! My shields are like trash collectors, because the only things they hit are undead garbage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I really don't understand why I can't get any hits in the Brotherhood dueling arena at ~4mil memory. Literally every other avenue of PVP save the blue sentinel ring will result in a duel within two minutes, usually no more than 30 seconds. Why do people not want to dickwraith? It's like, the most efficient form of PVP, you don't need a scarce resource to initiate a duel (loving blues) and your soul memory won't get bloated either. Plus it's p much the only way to get those cracked red eye orbs everyone was crying about during the PS3 release. man.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

This is some really good Fashion Souls

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SL 227, SM 8.68m

I guess it's time to move on to NG+. Reddit has a good post with new tier / matchmaking / SM info: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/254ty1/soul_memory_tiers_and_exact_ranges_for/

What SM ranges are people at in NG+ at like Bastille or Drangelic Castle (before King's Seal)?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

net cafe scandal posted:

I really don't understand why I can't get any hits in the Brotherhood dueling arena at ~4mil memory. Literally every other avenue of PVP save the blue sentinel ring will result in a duel within two minutes, usually no more than 30 seconds. Why do people not want to dickwraith? It's like, the most efficient form of PVP, you don't need a scarce resource to initiate a duel (loving blues) and your soul memory won't get bloated either. Plus it's p much the only way to get those cracked red eye orbs everyone was crying about during the PS3 release. man.

It's almost as if many, many people have learned they could somehow skip the grind for cracked red eye orbs and just generate an infinite number of them from their dandruff, and feel they're entitled to them after getting a red eye orb in the last game.

Welp, I guess it's a mystery!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

What hat is that? I want that hat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pmchem posted:

SL 227, SM 8.68m

I guess it's time to move on to NG+. Reddit has a good post with new tier / matchmaking / SM info: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/254ty1/soul_memory_tiers_and_exact_ranges_for/

What SM ranges are people at in NG+ at like Bastille or Drangelic Castle (before King's Seal)?

You are way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over ng+ range if my experience was anything to go by. I think went into ng++ at three or four million and ended around where you are right now. What the gently caress did you do to get that high? :psyduck:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

It's almost as if many, many people have learned they could somehow skip the grind for cracked red eye orbs and just generate an infinite number of them from their dandruff, and feel they're entitled to them after getting a red eye orb in the last game.

Welp, I guess it's a mystery!

Then why are there people in the blue arena? I don't understand it at all

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Urgh doing Dragonrider at max undeadness without pulling the platforms up is hard when you're a naked man with only a knife doing it before you even go to the last giant.

I got him to like 20hp and rolled off the edge.

Kano... no...

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

You are way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over ng+ range if my experience was anything to go by. I think went into ng++ at three or four million and ended around where you are right now. What the gently caress did you do to get that high? :psyduck:

I killed a few SL850 hackers that invaded me, that's like 2-3m of the SM (~500k each hacker). About 3m is from regular play. About 2-3m is from grinding the memory of jeigh with ascetics for twinkling titanite. I got enough twinkling to max out a havel set and a few weapons. It sucks that twinkling is so rare.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cowcaster posted:

What hat is that? I want that hat.

Dragon Acolyte's Hood. You get it as guaranteed drop from the petrified cyclops in the main entrance. There's also another hat similar to it only the marble screen...thing is blue. You get that one as a random drop from the giant baskilisk that is also in the entrance.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I swear they have fake white phantoms running around the shaded woods just to spook you into thinking it's one of the invisible dudes.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Urgh doing Dragonrider at max undeadness without pulling the platforms up is hard when you're a naked man with only a knife doing it before you even go to the last giant.

I got him to like 20hp and rolled off the edge.

Kano... no...

Don't pull the platforms up, stand still after entering while letting him take six and a half steps, then sprint past him on the right.

GG

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Argas posted:

Alken and Venn. You mostly hear it from the Bell Keepers. They're marionettes created by them to defend the bell towers that were constructed to symbolize their love.

Is Mytha supposed to be the princess? It doesn't make much sense for her to now be queen and to be so far from her own bell (Belfry Luna).

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Bobnumerotres posted:

I swear they have fake white phantoms running around the shaded woods just to spook you into thinking it's one of the invisible dudes.

Haha not gonna lie, I keep freaking out seeing one just run past me.

It's like poo poo!.. Oh it's just a recording.

Then I get backstabbed.

DreadNite
Nov 12, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Then I get backstabbed.

:suicide:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

turtlecrunch posted:

Is Mytha supposed to be the princess? It doesn't make much sense for her to now be queen and to be so far from her own bell (Belfry Luna).

I think the other guy was confused; the Belltower marionettes were created by the prince/princess in that story they tell. Mytha's Mannikins were created by her, and we don't know where puppetry was invented.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Nah, Mytha's thing is she lost her man to another woman and used poison to make herself beautiful. I like the idea that her man is the prince and the other woman is the princess.

Both Mytha and the lovers use puppetry, which is why people like to connect them.

aegof fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 10, 2014

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
My head hurts suddenly...

This is so freakin' useless, but drat is it adorable. Look at that middle eye. It's like "Yeah whatever"

edit: Actually just used it to temp stun someone coming out of a roll to get a hit off on him with my mace.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

aegof posted:

Nah, Mytha's thing is she lost her man to another woman and used poison to make herself beautiful. The idea here is that her man is the prince and the other woman is the princess.

Both Mytha and the lovers use puppetry, which is why people like to connect them.

Mytha also had a guy that she spurned but who hung around her being a creeper until he turned into a demon.

Harvest Valley High School was rough. :v:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Shindragon posted:

Then I get backstabbed.

You can tell they're fake because they're significantly more visible than the actual fuckers (I normally can't see them even when I'm killing them, I believe because I had to turn brightness up :()

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hehu42 still has it in him :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bka2shKswA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_C922uByQY

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why is Mytha decapitated? Was a consequence of taking constant poison baths her head rolling off her neck?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Beat Dark Souls last night and started Dark Souls II tonight. I'm trying to go through it blind, but I am pretty awful. I feel like the animations are much more drawn out. I guess I was expecting it to play exactly like the first and I'm currently a little bummed. I'm sure it'll turn around though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I finally maxxed out the Rat covenant thanks to a double KO. Thank you alan, whoever you are :unsmith:

Rat King is pretty :unsmith: at the end there, which is nice.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Awesome Animals posted:

Beat Dark Souls last night and started Dark Souls II tonight. I'm trying to go through it blind, but I am pretty awful. I feel like the animations are much more drawn out. I guess I was expecting it to play exactly like the first and I'm currently a little bummed. I'm sure it'll turn around though.

Good luck you poor soul.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

turtlecrunch posted:

Good luck you poor soul.

Thanks! Honestly, I've probably died falling off ladders more often than anything else.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Just a quick question about infusions - I'm going for a faith-heavy caster this playthrough (my first character was pure melee). I should be looking to infuse my mace/chimes with lightning when I get the chance, correct?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Graviija posted:

Just a quick question about infusions - I'm going for a faith-heavy caster this playthrough (my first character was pure melee). I should be looking to infuse my mace/chimes with lightning when I get the chance, correct?
Yes. Maces even moreso if you plan to use Sunlight Blade.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I tried to get some pictures of the abyss covenant summoning I don't notice anything different from the normal summon sign. I have no idea what I was seeing before that made me think it was different.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Nahxela posted:

Yes. Maces even moreso if you plan to use Sunlight Blade.
Cool, thanks. This is actually my first magic playthrough in any Souls game (besides a dalliance with pyromancy in DS1). Hurling lightning bolts is pretty fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

When your covenant sign starts glowing, is that significant at all?

I thought it meant I had to go see the covenant leader since I made the next rank but it's seemingly random.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bobnumerotres posted:

When your covenant sign starts glowing, is that significant at all?

I thought it meant I had to go see the covenant leader since I made the next rank but it's seemingly random.
It means you have the covenant's multiplayer option available. For instance, if you've got the Bellbro ring equipped and you're in a place where you can be summoned to bell invade, your icon will glow. If you unequip the ring or go to a place where you can't be pulled from, like Majula, it won't glow.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

turtlecrunch posted:

Almost certainly not. Those two lands are older. The two bell towers were constructed because for whatever reason, the prince and princess could not be together. The item description heavily implies the techniques that were used to create and animate the Bell Keepers were rediscovered and used to make the manikins.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Anyone in NG+ around SM 5m want to pair up for shrine of anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldboy
Sep 16, 2010
What is a good strength build for harvesting pubby tears?