Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pron on VHS posted:

How can anyone stand listening to Mayock

I have to use the CBSSports.com feed and I would take Mayock over Prisco 10/10. Prisco is such a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good. If Baltimore didn't want to take a chance on the top 12 WRs this draft then I'd like to see Aaron Melette get a chance to play next year. No crap late rounders like Norwood, Williams, or Coleman.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Please draft a loving WR already, AJ Jenkins is our #2 right now, pleaaaaase

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What's his bulk up status because you may have something there

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What did the Eagles pick up by trading down?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Pron on VHS posted:

Please draft a loving WR already, AJ Jenkins is our #2 right now, pleaaaaase

I doubt there are many #2 Wrs left, I think the rest are 4's and special teamers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Rams 3rd-rd pick, Utah St S Mo Alexander, spent year out of football as janitor @ Edward Jones Dome. Goes from cleaning it to playing in it.

So they used some sort of Kurt Warner logic

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Blitz7x posted:

I doubt there are many #2 Wrs left, I think the rest are 4's and special teamers

if AJ Jenkins is our #2, can you imagine #3-5??

Clemson
Mar 24, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

That would have been the greatest thing I have ever seen, and 2 years ago I saw a mom/daughter combo get in a fist fight over the daughter wanting a abortion in the middle of the street in Myrtle Beach while waiting in line to eat.

Good ole Myrtle Beach so trashy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Vertical Lime posted:

Rams 3rd-rd pick, Utah St S Mo Alexander, spent year out of football as janitor @ Edward Jones Dome. Goes from cleaning it to playing in it.

This is going to make for a terrible family movie one day

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I like Brandon Coleman but he's slow as balls.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Idzik drafted two WR's with zero upside over Martavious Bryant. Clueless.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quack quack to KC

mcmagic posted:

Idzik drafted two WR's with zero upside over Martaviois Bryant. Clueless.
Bryant is a complete project

Shaq I think has the chance to be a #2 in the league

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Chiefs with a crazy sensible pick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh.

Well I guess we did need a kick returner, he should be fun to watch under Toub.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Vengarr posted:

This is going to make for a terrible family movie one day
It won't be greenlit, Braves catcher Evan Gattis has a similar but much better story.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
that's a cool pick

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

so this is mcclusters replacement i guess

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I know nothing about Bradford. Is he good enough to contribute on defense right away?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Huh.

Well I guess we did need a kick returner, he should be fun to watch under Toub.

Well, I guess. Still would like a giant WR.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
What happened to the 2 Florida corners?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Retail Slave posted:

I know nothing about Bradford. Is he good enough to contribute on defense right away?

On the Packer's defense? Absolutely.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zimbomonkey posted:

What happened to the 2 Florida corners?

Roberson and Purifoy? Terrible offseasons.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Dave Lapham has been "correctly guessing" who the Bengals want to pick per round, apparently. He's predicting a WR/KR "if there's one with a good grade". Goons?

Vertical Lime posted:

Worked for the Lions.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Fuckin Chiefs, man.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AndySlater 17s
Miami Dolphins taking Walt Aikens CB Liberty #NFLDraft

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle with Kevin Norwood. I'm liking this draft.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Spoeank posted:

I have to use the CBSSports.com feed and I would take Mayock over Prisco 10/10. Prisco is such a loving moron.

Prisco is fun to follow on twitter just to see how often he is hilariously wrong (all the time). He may also be the dumbest analyst I've seen

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Gonna be better than our second round wr but worse than some UDFA.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pete Prisco got a bunch of concussions playing pop warner and he didn't whine for compensation or let it stop him from being the man he is.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Here's Carl Bradford:

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah, I just watched some highlights on him, and he looks pretty solid. I like the pick.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I can't hate Prisco because he's the only homer the Jaguars have at the national level.

He definitely has his head up his rear end tho.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Rex's kid sits in the WR meetings at Clemson with Bryant. If they're not drafting him, I'm cool with it. He's a project that isn't contributing this year anyways.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

mcmagic posted:

Why did he draft a smaller, slower jacoby ford

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

quote:

STRENGTHS: Boasts a tapered, athletic build with long arms (32 1/4") and good overall muscle definition. Light feet and loose hips give him the fluidity to handle coverage responsibilities. Asked to play press-man and off-man often for the Flames, showing the athleticism and confidence to handle either role.
Gets an initial jam on the receiver when in press, turning and running with receivers fluidly. Good patience when off or zone but keeps his eyes peeled on the quarterbacks and has a quick burst to close on the ball. Good (perhaps not great) straight-line speed down the sideline, but accelerates smoothly and has a second gear, when necessary.

Highly competitive in run support. Aggressively fights through blocks, extending his arms to initial contact with receivers and is willing to sacrifice his body to knock ball-carriers to the ground. Sound drag-down tackler who rips at the ball. Good vision to set up blocks with the ball in his hands.

Impressed at the Senior Bowl with his confidence, quickly proving that he belonged on the same field.

WEAKNESSES: May not possess elite top-end speed. Gets a little grabby down the sideline, as he's highly aggressive and will extend his arm. Tracks the ball well but shows only average ball-skills overall.

Pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft charges in July 2010 and served two weeks in Champaign County jail for possessing a computer taken from a dorm room.

COMPARES TO: Keenan Lewis, New Orleans Saints - Aikens will have to work hard to develop into the consistent starter that Lewis has proven himself to be in successful stops with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Saints, but the aggression and athleticism are there to project him as a legitimate rotational player early in his career with the possibility of developing into a starter as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL.

--Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Aikens isn't your typical small-school prospect. He chose Illinois after being recruited by Clemson and Louisville and impressed as a freshman, starting five games at safety, recording 32 tackles and two passes broken up.
An arrest for theft prompted then-Illinois head coach Ron Zook to kick Aikens off the team and he wound up at Liberty, where he starred on the football team and also spent time with the Flames' basketball and track and field squads.

Aikens is a three-time Big South all-conference honoree, taking first-team honors in 2013 and second-team accolades in 2011 and 2012. His impressive play earned him a spot at the Senior Bowl, where he played well, impressing with his frame, athleticism and confidence.

He tied for the team lead in 2013 with 62 tackles and helped Liberty rank No. 5 in the country in interceptions (19), individually recording three interceptions to give him seven for his career. Aikens also forced six fumbles over his career.

cool we needed a cornerback and that seems like a pretty good value

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ugh, I really liked Aikens for our 3rd CB spot. That sucks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Fuuuuuuck you Browns.

You deserve everything you get.

CB Pierre Desir
CB Jaylen Watkins
CB EJ Gaines
CB Bene Benwikere
CB Nevin Lawson
CB Andre Hal
CB Carrington Byndom
CB Bashaud Breeland
CB Ross Cockrell
CB Marcus Roberson

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Boy the Bills sure hate assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
Saints take a guy called Khairi Fortt. We need more OLBs so cool I guess.

• Locked thread