Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ShakeZula posted:

Can't have any mumbling in the huddle.

Didn't some big bust actually have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cyril Richardson took quite the fall for a big man.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Really surprised Kelcy Quarles has fallen this far. I guess the club incident scared teams off or something.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

He's not a game manager

He is a dude who can perform decently well on a team surrounded by absurd talent.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bill o Brien just implied a good QB should be articulate lol

He also said players need to come in and keep their mouths shut.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't some big bust actually have this problem?

Jamarcus couldn't get the snap count right when his mouth was filled with half a pack of Skittles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Cyril Richardson took quite the fall for a big man.

He should have skipped the senior bowl and hung out with AJ.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
His name better be called.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Didn't realize Sam hasn't been drafted yet either

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Wait, how often you you need a reseal your coors lite?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dusseldorf posted:

Wait, how often you you need a reseal your coors lite?

Takes a while to choke it all down

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Coldforge posted:

Looks like a Baalke arm/handsize pick.

You watched him? Good pick?

Dude's kinda raw but has a ton of potential. Most likely would play OLB for the Niners' I'd think, but I'm not familiar with their scheme. He'll probably push Lemonier for a back up spot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vintimus Prime posted:

So we just drafted Nat Berhe from San Diego ST. anyone familiar with him?

Nat Berhe loving owns. Best SDSU defensive player for a long long time and was a team captain for four years. Great pickup.

Nickel corner at best

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Hey first ISU pick!!!!

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Nat Berhe loving owns. Best SDSU defensive player for a long long time and was a team captain for four years. Great pickup.

Nickel corner at best

Awesome. I'm feeling really good about the draft for the G men so far. I'm just hoping Eli can get his head screwed on right again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hey first ISU pick!!!!
No idea who this kid is. Brugler's #11 ILB. Shy is Skov not being drafted?

Tony Pauline posted:

Analysis: George took off at an incredible rate the past two seasons and has enough skill to line up on the inside of a 3-4 alignment in the NFL. He plays with a special teams mentality, which is added value.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ozu posted:

Barrow hasn't either, right? I dunno.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ozu posted:

His injuries, probably.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh my god I need a gif of that Eisen peace moment

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dusseldorf posted:

He is a dude who can perform decently well on a team surrounded by absurd talent.
He is a dude who had an offense tailored away from him because of his deficiencies, relying on a running game behind a monster line and keeping his pass attempts down

when Oklahoma put pressure on McCarron to actually take over the game, he showed his true colors as an overly aggressive passer, except that he doesn't have the physical traits, the pocket awareness, and the intelligence to pull it off

People call McCarron a game manager because he is physically average-to-mediocre, but true game managers like chad pennington had good talent and high football intelligence

I've tried to think of qbs that looked like game managers in college but went on to try to play over their head as aggressive slingers in the pros and failed spectacularly, but I'm blanking. I mean I'm not thinking of successful ones either. mike kafka comes to mind as a prospect who was touted for his smarts and protecting the football but when he came into the NFL, he didn't show that at all. Geno Smith is another QB who protected the football in college, threw it away, got rid of the ball under duress, looked like a game manager, but came into the NFL and threw 21 interceptions this year, forced many throws

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 10, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Arthur Lynch is a solid TE, good pickup

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

He is a dude who had an offense tailored away from him because of his deficiencies, relying on a running game behind a monster line and keeping his pass attempts down

when Oklahoma put pressure on McCarron to actually take over the game, he showed his true colors as an overly aggressive passer, except that he doesn't have the physical traits, the pocket awareness, and the intelligence to pull it off

People call McCarron a game manager because he is physically average-to-mediocre, but true game managers like chad pennington had good talent and high football intelligence

I've tried to think of qbs that looked like game managers in college but went on to try to play over their head as aggressive slingers in the pros and failed spectacularly, but I'm blanking. I mean I'm not thinking of successful ones either

Oh, I just meant it in the pejorative.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Hmm, guessing either Jackson Jeffcoat or finally a CB

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Hmm, guessing either Jackson Jeffcoat or finally a CB

I'll guess Roberson

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jackson Jeffcoat is still on the board. Seems to me he'd do great as the Leo in the Jaguars defense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy crap. Is Dion Bailey still on the board?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

is Shaq Richardson any good?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cool a decent TE

neato

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Well they brought Richardson in for a pre draft visit but I figured it was more of a 7th round flyer type deal. Oh well, a CB. I think this dude stole some laptops or something at some point

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Well they brought Richardson in for a pre draft visit but I figured it was more of a 7th round flyer type deal. Oh well, a CB. I think this dude stole some laptops or something at some point

hopefully he turns out as good as Cam Newton then

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

Cool a decent TE

neato
Great blocker for 2 TE sets. Developmental as a receiver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Roasted Donut posted:

Oh is he the guy who stole a bunch of laptops from a high school a few years ago or whatever?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Aw shucks, I hoped Caraun Reid would fall as bad as everyone else has been.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ivy League players own

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Reid needs to sit for a bit but with development could become a really good line player. That is a really smart pick for Detroit.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh is he the guy who stole a bunch of laptops from a high school a few years ago or whatever?

ah nevermind he got kicked off of ucla for stealing purses

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Apparently he's not good at distinguishing between pass and run plays and definitely needs work. I have no idea how he compares with the available CBs though. People said late round 6/7 but we took him 5 so who knows.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
"two really good dudes in christian ponder and..."

wht

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mughe posted:

Apparently he's not good at distinguishing between pass and run plays and definitely needs work. I have no idea how he compares with the available CBs though.

I'm kind of hoping they can nab Roberson or Purifoy later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Still a couple of safeties on the board that I'd like the Colts to take. Bailey would be good, as would Ed Reynolds from Stanford or Kenny Ladler from Vandy. Of course history has shown that I know nothing of Grigson's draft philosophy, so I expect us to take a DT instead.

• Locked thread