Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

To be fair I know a kid whose pet parrot was eaten by a stray cat. Unless he was bullshitting me but it was a kid and he seemed legit sad about it.

I read that as "a kid whose parent was eaten by a stray cat," and couldn't believe that you didn't think he was bullshitting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dog Comix b/w New Trix

Pooch Café

In case you missed the joke in the last panel yesterday, here it is in four panels.

He's not looking at the handstand, he's looking square at the taint. It's insane, that dog's taint.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The first panel is incredible. The whole thing is incredible.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

That's a physics defying wedgie right there.

Heavenly Nostrils

:rimshot: :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/10/2003

This is.. just bad. :suicide:

Zits

My son plays Hendrix on a 1971 Fender Super Bassman amp, and I love it. Interestingly, the fucker's so loud that both of us haven't had the stones to be able to dial it up past 7. :v:

Kevin & Kell

That doesn't even make sense. Why would you use your food as ammunition?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

That doesn't even make sense. Why would you use your food as ammunition?
They use guns that shoot wooden stakes shaped and painted to look like carrots.

Well, technically we've only seen a terrorist group fighting against predators use them but they had to come from somewhere.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 19, 1927)

That's what you get for living in the streets, kid.

Peanuts (May 13, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Once she snaps out of it, that final bid is going to wipe that smile off her face. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT HAPPENED TO ME. :argh:

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo, in which Churchy becomes a focus group, and God have mercy... (May 12, 1956)

Droodles (August 27, 1954, not that it makes a whole lot of difference at this point apart from the filing system.)

Out Our Way takes us back to the good ol' days of murdering your dear friends. Over and over again. (December 10-11, 1924)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

:rimshot: :v:

It was just blurple - a frightful messenger from unformed realms of infinity beyond all Nature as we know it; from realms whose mere existence stuns the brain and numbs us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

:ms:

Sort of, anyway.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

So Luann and to a lesser extent her friends just drove a man to quit his job. Our heroine, everyone.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Pardon me for staking my claim, partner...

Jam Esallen you are my only hope...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Stultus Maximus posted:

The first panel is incredible. The whole thing is incredible.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Stay hungry, folks!

Snorting dandelions makes you channel 13-year-old kids from the future.

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Apple Mary
12/14/37

12/15/27

12/17/37

Fritzi Ritz
6/17/27

6/18/27

6/21/27

Milt Gross
6/19/27

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Darthemed posted:

Snorting dandelions makes you channel 13-year-old kids from the future.

I used that line, verbatim, in one of my sprite comics when I was about 13.

Just, uh... just saying.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Those weren't gunshots, that was just the sound of the plot sputtering and backfiring.

Pibgorn
http://i.xomf.com/jfnwz.jpg

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Office Hours, as true today as it was back then.

Buz Sawyer

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

"It's not a dog, it's a wolf!"

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

I absolutely love the new era of Mark Trail. Better-drawn, shirtless Mark Trail demonstrates that when you're attacked by a bear, the ideal answer is to run toward an even larger bear. Why? I don't give a drat. I just want to see what happens next, and I never EVER thought I'd say that about any Mark Trail story arc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Humanoid Female posted:

I absolutely love the new era of Mark Trail. Better-drawn, shirtless Mark Trail demonstrates that when you're attacked by a bear, the ideal answer is to run toward an even larger bear. Why? I don't give a drat. I just want to see what happens next, and I never EVER thought I'd say that about any Mark Trail story arc.

Seriously, this feels as good as when the new team got ahold of Dick Tracey :allears:
Let's not hope though, that like Dick Tracy, it turns into a loving mess with a ton of annoying characters and plotlines being created and dropped at any time like so many creepy siblings in a lake.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Well then you haven't played Risk, Shandra.

Retail

Yes, no one likes to be the mean parent who tells the kids to do their homework and take out the trash before they watch TV. And since Arthur just wants to be the cool uncle who lets the kids stay up past bedtime while mom's not around and no convenient scapegoat around to do the dirty work, the responsibility falls on you Marla. Although it would be less sad if the children weren't department supervisors in their 30s.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wow, protection money for the raccoon thugs. That's surprisingly dark for this strip.

Dustin

Ed comes back the next day to see "Screw you" weaved into Charlotte's web.

On the Fastrack

Safe Havens

You're actually known as "dorky specs boy" behind your back.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ed comes back to find out that that spider called in a favor with a brown recluse...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Somebody just wanted to kick back and draw some sea-shells, and I can respect that.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Roland Jones posted:

So Luann and to a lesser extent her friends just drove a man to quit his job. Our heroine, everyone.

My class managed to drive our miserable, hard-rear end AP US History teacher to retirement, and I will tell you right now: it was one of the proudest moments in my academic life.

Rhymes With Orange

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Somebody just wanted to kick back and draw some sea-shells, and I can respect that.

Was gonna say this is somehow the most appealing Fastrack I've seen in a while. The joke is kind of weird but drat those are some fine seashells.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

No, that's pro wrestling.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

You're actually known as "dorky specs boy" behind your back.

Look out! Other "dorky specs boys" have already infiltrated the NBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1QqenvfzZI

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Good comic, good comic. I like the owls.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Genius, abso-loving-lutely genius. I'm sure we'll top this, but I'll be damned if I have any idea how.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Genius, abso-loving-lutely genius. I'm sure we'll top this, but I'll be damned if I have any idea how.

Oh my god.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gilchrist you goddamn loving hack piece of poo poo. Get carpal tunnel or something painful and inconvenient but not particularly life threatening. t:mad:t

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Gilchrist you goddamn loving hack piece of poo poo. Get carpal tunnel or something painful and inconvenient but not particularly life threatening. t:mad:t
I can't quite find the words to express why, but this crap is even worse than Brooke's masturbatory nonsense. Maybe I'm just numb to one and not the other (there's only so much 9CWL and Pibgorn one can experience before acquiring mental calluses), but Nancy is just so bad. It's awful at a level that makes me think "I shouldn't be getting this mad at newspaper comics; that's really dumb."

(The new Mark Trail is excellent, however. I wasn't following the thread at all for a while and have been skimming a bit since I came back, so I don't know when it changed hands, but I'm really digging it)

EDIT: I found some words, but they don't do it justice: eye-rollingly saccharine, sentimentalist pap mangling an existing character into a twisted proxy for the author in a truly stunning act of self-indulgence.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 11, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zero_Tactility posted:

I can't quite find the words to express why, but this crap is even worse than Brooke's masturbatory nonsense. Maybe I'm just numb to one and not the other (there's only so much 9CWL and Pibgorn one can experience before acquiring mental calluses), but Nancy is just so bad. It's awful at a level that makes me think "I shouldn't be getting this mad at newspaper comics; that's really dumb."

(The new Mark Trail is excellent, however. I wasn't following the thread at all for a while and have been skimming a bit since I came back, so I don't know when it changed hands, but I'm really digging it)

It's retconning sappy dramatics into a comic strip where retconning sappy dramatics into it makes absolutely zero loving sense.

I'm trying to think of something involving Snuffy Smith that would be as ridiculous as a metaphor but apparently I'm no Guy Gilchrist because none of them are terrible enough. Give it to some political cartoonist and have Barney Google come back, be stunningly handsome, and also a successful self-insert libertarian I guess?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So in Mandrake how come nobody on the police decided to loving tail a serial criminal? Catching him in the act sure as gently caress wouldn't let the case be dropped from an alibi?

Also if Mandrake hadn't decided to gently caress around for 7 years with the lead investigator maybe they could've actually prepared a sting on the loving criminal.

God drat that comic is the pits.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Weirdly, this is the first of these I actually got on the first try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Also stumbled across this: Jaden Smith’s Nonsensical Tweets Actually Make Perfect Sense As "Garfield" Comics

• Locked thread