Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Bauxite posted:

I could find GoonTangClan last night but couldn't join because I'm a vagrant. Now I can't even find GoonTangClan.
Click the checkbox circle in the upper right with the blue swirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

FebrezeNinja posted:

Click the checkbox circle in the upper right with the blue swirl?

You were correct! I guess that has something to do with opening the guild to vagrants?

Edit: Put in for an invite as Xite.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 9, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kylra posted:

9th internals aren't even released if that wasn't a typo.

I saw a power title table where 129 self recollection was rated a little higher than maxed sunflower, but it also didn't have 5th internals or the extended 4ths.

Some guy in beast villa who plays on the chinese servers sometimes was explaining how all the beast capturing stuff works and was talking about why vagrants are rad. He was explaining how self recollection is several orders above and beyond everything else like the 5ths.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
That sounds like a weird way to go even for chinagame.

deathrat
May 25, 2010
Sweet, just applied in game as Vegeeeeeeta.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Guess who went to Subway :getin:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Kylra posted:

I like that the title for its strength level is apparently Recover Your Original Simplicity.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbot posted:

Guess who went to Subway :getin:

It doesn't help you lose weight.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kylra posted:

Are you kidding it's the most kung fu like thing ever?

The guy who shuns all help from outside forces and sticks with training himself always is the goku.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If everyone is the Goku, then no one is.

I just figured that stuff would keep to npcs.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Come on, guys. Stop all the betrayalizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdMSstpIbuA

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

Come on, guys. Stop all the betrayalizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdMSstpIbuA

I'm still a wv at heart. Make people eat poop pills and give no fucks.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

So as a brand new player hoping to learn how to play the game, is going Vagrant right off the bat a bad idea? That was my first inclination, but after a few hours of playing I'm wondering if perhaps joining one of the schools would have been a better idea.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Strangest Finch posted:

So as a brand new player hoping to learn how to play the game, is going Vagrant right off the bat a bad idea? That was my first inclination, but after a few hours of playing I'm wondering if perhaps joining one of the schools would have been a better idea.
Do the vagrant quest line first to get the skills, then choose a school if you want.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Does self recollection need to be at a certain level to unlock the second vagrant internal or is it something else?

vvv
Ive got it to level 25 already, dont tell me I have to take it to 42.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 10, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does self recollection need to be at a certain level to unlock the second vagrant internal or is it something else?

It's self recollection but it levels really fast.

We took the south Shaolin base :sun:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

vvv
Ive got it to level 25 already, dont tell me I have to take it to 42.

No you just do the quests to get the skills.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Evidently Snail will in, no way, restore the 19 ding that I lost from being hacked/that was stolen from me by Zovereign.

I am depressed since it seems particularly impossible to make money nowadays.

e: Also they responded to my ticket on the support site in Chinese, so I had to google translate.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Saradiart posted:

Evidently Snail will in, no way, restore the 19 ding that I lost from being hacked/that was stolen from me by Zovereign.

e: Also they responded to my ticket on the support site in Chinese, so I had to google translate.

And that my friends is the main reason this game is dying, bad dev decisions can be dealt with, ignored, sat out, bad support can never be a thing though

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Saradiart posted:

This is why you spend all your money on stupid poo poo :smuggo:

(RIP my 3+ ding ;_:)

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Thanks, I guess I'll see what Vagrant is like then, applied to GoonTangClan as Fenns

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
OK I was requested to do a basic write up of Shen (aka HERR DOKTORS)

GETTING IN
Unless you're a saint, buckle up.

If you're a good guy, you might get an RE. No clue how this works I'm afraid.

If you've been a BAD BOY you gotta get a certificate letting you in. You do this by gathering a buncha materials for the Shen. The mats are the 3 basics of each gathering, so in my case (mining), I had to gather 150 Lead ore, 150 Copper ore, and 150 iron ore. All total, around 1.5 hours of grind. Do this, and you'll be in.

Now enjoy a quick tour of the Shen grounds, and you'll be doing the intro quests. this is mostly showing off how shens are outward assholes but secret good guys.

Once you're fully in, you'll have your inner to a max of 5 and the skills to a max of 3. Grats, you're a doctor!

GETTING STRONGER
Certs. You get 20 certs a day for your daily, in addition to ~6k Rep (more on this later). You can also get 5 certs every time you bring a rare herb to the Shen (this happens 20:30 to 22:00 daily, gotta troop it from suzhou/wherever to chengdu on foot, no teles or anything). Doing the herbs also gets you a once a day 50K insta-cult pill, so do it at least once.

I WANNA ATTACH DONGS I HEARD ABOUT THIS WHAT GIVES

Gotta get medical points. You can only do this after around 3 days of daily rep grind, so get going. Once you can get these, you can get 500 a day. Max. these are used up in performing buffs and dong attachment/meridian opening, so be smart with it. No clue how you actually get these at the moment, more to come soon.

ONLY THE TOP TEN CAN REATTACH DONGS, ONLY THE NUMERO UNO CAN PUNCH MERIDIANS OPEN

By punching meridians and sewing dongs, Med points are spent (at quite a high cost). Since Shens can only get 500 points a day, this naturally means the number of punched meridians is highly limited. Sekrit NT and GTC agents in Shen are hard at work negotiating a potential revolving door policy for the number one spot

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 10, 2014

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
Immortal Island (disguise quest) pictures.
Is this vacation worth all your dongers?

I can't choose any cool face paint or tattoos because I have Sunflower makeup....................

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp I'm going kabuki.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

If you go on the disguise quest, you can get cool face-paint?

Okay, so how much does this poo poo cost, anyway?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So there is this thing that says I have 450 days stored of POWER REDEMPTION, I could probably spend like 120 bucks and end up with 45 million cult in pills, like 60 million chi and 2.2k school certificates.:shepface:

Anyways I re-applied to the guild. Back as CaoNiMa

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Ratoslov posted:

If you go on the disguise quest, you can get cool face-paint?

Okay, so how much does this poo poo cost, anyway?
About 5.5D, plus 120L for each face painting you do.

E: Or you could grind forever and pay about 1.8D.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

OK I was requested to do a basic write up of Shen (aka HERR DOKTORS)

GETTING IN
Unless you're a saint, buckle up.

If you're a good guy, you might get an RE. No clue how this works I'm afraid.

If you've been a BAD BOY you gotta get a certificate letting you in. You do this by gathering a buncha materials for the Shen. The mats are the 3 basics of each gathering, so in my case (mining), I had to gather 150 Lead ore, 150 Copper ore, and 150 iron ore. All total, around 1.5 hours of grind. Do this, and you'll be in.

Now enjoy a quick tour of the Shen grounds, and you'll be doing the intro quests. this is mostly showing off how shens are outward assholes but secret good guys.

Once you're fully in, you'll have your inner to a max of 5 and the skills to a max of 3. Grats, you're a doctor!

GETTING STRONGER
Certs. You get 20 certs a day for your daily, in addition to ~6k Rep (more on this later). You can also get 5 certs every time you bring a rare herb to the Shen (this happens 20:30 to 22:00 daily, gotta troop it from suzhou/wherever to chengdu on foot, no teles or anything). Doing the herbs also gets you a once a day 50K insta-cult pill, so do it at least once.

I WANNA ATTACH DONGS I HEARD ABOUT THIS WHAT GIVES

Gotta get medical points. You can only do this after around 3 days of daily rep grind, so get going. Once you can get these, you can get 500 a day. Max. these are used up in performing buffs and dong attachment/meridian opening, so be smart with it. No clue how you actually get these at the moment, more to come soon.

ONLY THE TOP TEN CAN REATTACH DONGS, ONLY THE NUMERO UNO CAN PUNCH MERIDIANS OPEN

By punching meridians and sewing dongs, Med points are spent (at quite a high cost). Since Shens can only get 500 points a day, this naturally means the number of punched meridians is highly limited. Sekrit NT and GTC agents in Shen are hard at work negotiating a potential revolving door policy for the number one spot

The herb transporting event can be done by anyone from any school or faction to get that cultivation pill. 50k points takes roughly five hours away from whatever you're cultivating. It functions like script stealing, so someone can kill you to steal it. NPC thieves will randomly spawn and hit you with slowing darts, but they have very few hitpoints and give you a 2 minute speed buff when you kill them. You can do this event multiple times, but can only eat one pill a day.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There are people out there, holding out for a hero.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I got this outfit via that digging quest that you can get daily now. I look like Jet Li from Hero.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Kylra posted:

About 5.5D, plus 120L for each face painting you do.

E: Or you could grind forever and pay about 1.8D.

Sadly, 1.8D is approximately 20 times more money than I have ever held at one time, so I think I'll just have to live with not having cool face-paint. :smith:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Applied to the guild as Catbug. I played this game when it was Open beta? I think years ago and everything has changed. Did we switch servers? None of my old guys are on Blue Dragon.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Bunny posted:

Applied to the guild as Catbug. I played this game when it was Open beta? I think years ago and everything has changed. Did we switch servers? None of my old guys are on Blue Dragon.

We're on Blue Dragon, it's cool.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

ponzicar posted:

The herb transporting event can be done by anyone from any school or faction to get that cultivation pill. 50k points takes roughly five hours away from whatever you're cultivating. It functions like script stealing, so someone can kill you to steal it. NPC thieves will randomly spawn and hit you with slowing darts, but they have very few hitpoints and give you a 2 minute speed buff when you kill them. You can do this event multiple times, but can only eat one pill a day.

Another thing to note. You're SUPPOSED to have a massive speed debuff on you when you have the herb on you, and the debuff is supposed to apply to your horse as well.

HOWEVER because chinagame, if you mount your horse and DONT USE A HORSE SKILL, your horse moves at its default speed (aka 10.5 for guild ones). Through autismal testing, I've worked out that if you do this herb thing as much as you can, you can get an herb from suzhou to chengdu every 10 minutes. The herbs last until 22:00, but they stop respawning around 21:30, so you can get at least 30 or so certs as a Shen if you full-autism mode it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

Another thing to note. You're SUPPOSED to have a massive speed debuff on you when you have the herb on you, and the debuff is supposed to apply to your horse as well.

HOWEVER because chinagame, if you mount your horse and DONT USE A HORSE SKILL, your horse moves at its default speed (aka 10.5 for guild ones). Through autismal testing, I've worked out that if you do this herb thing as much as you can, you can get an herb from suzhou to chengdu every 10 minutes. The herbs last until 22:00, but they stop respawning around 21:30, so you can get at least 30 or so certs as a Shen if you full-autism mode it.

The debuff also stuns you randomly, and I think the description said it also raised your defense, although I didn't notice a difference. When I did it, it was in the farm on the west side of Yanjing, so it's one of those events that's in a different place every day. Is the location listed anywhere, or is there a pattern? Or do I just have to keep my eyes open for an announcement that doesn't even show up in any of your chat windows or system logs?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

ponzicar posted:

The debuff also stuns you randomly, and I think the description said it also raised your defense, although I didn't notice a difference. When I did it, it was in the farm on the west side of Yanjing, so it's one of those events that's in a different place every day. Is the location listed anywhere, or is there a pattern? Or do I just have to keep my eyes open for an announcement that doesn't even show up in any of your chat windows or system logs?

it's supposed to pop up around 10 minutes before it starts for the 19:30-22:00 event, but we didn't see any today. that's the one where it spawns like 20 of them at once and re spawns them too, so its the premier source of cert gathering.

BREAKING NEWS FOLKS
There are 23 people the Shen family doctors can go heal for medicine points. So far, 13 of these have been found. If you're wandering around any of the major cities, and see someone with (Bao Huxuan) in their name, shout it out in guild chat.

MORE BREAKING SHEN NEWS

It seems to cost 200 Medicinal points to per meridian book bought, with each use costing 50 points. This should be sure to temper the chance of hoarding the top spot.

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 11, 2014

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Because goons are cool goons koop has t1 flute and t2 knuckle recipes now.

I think my favorite piece of the daylight change is NPC carrying lit lanterns.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

Because goons are cool goons koop has t1 flute and t2 knuckle recipes now.

I think my favorite piece of the daylight change is NPC carrying lit lanterns.

Too bad their lanterns operate with the clock and not with the actual time of day. They light their lanterns during morning/part of noon and they're not lit overnight :v:

They really need to fix that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Double post but :siren: Item Renaming :siren:

Caveats:
Names are limited to 7 "words", which of course means Chinese words which makes us stuck with 7 letters.
Descriptions are limited to 30 "words", which once again means 30 letters :cripes:

5 of these + 40L renames accessories (jewelry)

Weapons cost 80L plus 5 of another item.

They changed the Black and White Undertaker Lore into something much better!

The kids never shut up for the time that they're active but they can be pretty funny. Especially when 4-5 people all summon them.

Also, I decided to be a cart bandit for the first time in months!

And then the person bitches in nearby and world chat, success!

Oh and guess who's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Today I renamed the sacred animal Eagle King. It blows, it just says, MrPibbleton's Eagle King now.